Beauty on the Rooftop

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                  Jeongmin's Perspective:

   When Mi-Cha walked in today my heart stopped. 
   I guess I had always been picturing her being in her usual casual clothes, with paint dabbed on every here and there, and her hair up in her messy but extremely cute bun. 
   But when she walked in....she didn't look cute at all. 
    I'd never seen Mi-Cha like that before. Not in a cute dress and shoes, with her done up in pretty waves and curls. I could hear my heart beating a mile a minute. She practically glowed with beauty and radiance, and before I knew it, I had my arms around her. 
   But then of course Minwoo would step in and push me away. 
   I wanted to strangle that maknae, and if it weren't for Mi-Cha being in the room, I probably would have. 

   Now's the time, I thought while I watched her speak with everyone else. 
   I took her hand and she looked up at me questioningly. 

   "Mi-Cha, can you come with me please?" I ask her.    

   "Wae?" she answers with a question. 

   "Jebal," I say, and lead her out of the door. 

 

                                                     Mi-Cha's Perspective:

   I'm confused. 
   Why would Jeongmin oppa want me to come with him? Is there something wrong?

   "Oppa, where are you leading me?" I ask Jeongmin. 

   He still has his hand in mine, so wherever he's heading, he brings me along with him. We'd already gone up three flights of stairs and I'm getting tired. 

   "Just be patient for me, Mi-Cha," he tells me. "It's not that far off. We'll be there in a matter of minutes now." 

   I pout. A matter of minutes means more flights of stairs. I'd seen this building from the outside already; it was really tall. How far up were we going? 
   Suddenly, I hit the top of my heel on a stair and stumble.

   "Ah-!" 

   A pair of arms shoot out and I fall into them. When I look up, Jeongmin oppa is smiling down at me. 

   "For someone who looks so wise and intelligent and down-to-earth....you are really a very clumsy person, yeh?" he says teasingly. 

   I scowl at him. 

   "Tch - who are you to say those things? I'm not clumsy..." I say, and then trip over another stair. 

   He laughs as I scowl. 

   "Hey...it's not funny," I say angrily. "And you said that we were going to be there in a matter of minutes. Are we even there yet?" 

   He smiles at me, and I feel my heart beat faster again. I resist the urge to put my hand against my chest. What...this feeling...again?

   "Actually," he says with a wink. "We are here." 

   There's a door in front of us marked ROOF. 

   "What?" I say. "You've taken me to the roof? Why did we have to go up so many stairs then? Couldn't we have just taken the elevator?" 

   "The elevator doesn't go staight up to the rooftop," he says. "It just goes up to the highest floor." 

   "Then couldn't we have just taken the elevator to the highest floor and then take the stairs to the rooftop? Why did we have to go all the way on the stairs?!" I demand. 

   He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. I'm not really good at thinking things through." 

   I facepalm. Then I feel his finger intertwine with mine once more. I look up at him again, to see him looking at me with intense eyes. 

   "Mi-Cha," he says on a whisper. "Come...come with me."  

  I bite my lip, trying to slow my racing heart. 

   "Ah...yeh," I say, and follow closely behind him as he opens the door. 

   Before he leads me fully outside, he goes behind me and covers my eyes with his hands. 

   "Mwuh -" I start to say, but he quickly shushes me. 

   "Hold on, jebal," he says softly. "I'll uncover your eyes when you're ready." 

   Ready for what? I wonder. 
   He gently prods me forward, and I shuffle in the direction he's leading me. I feel the wind rush over my face and feel it blow my hair over to my back. Earlier, I'd thought it was cold....then why...do I feel so warm...?
   
   "Okay, you can stop now," he tells me and I halt. 

   I feel the pressure of his hands lessen, and before I know it, he has totally let me go, and I'm staring into the most beautiful scenery that I had ever seen in my entire life. 

   
                                       
Minwoo's Perspective: 

   "Where have they gone?" I ask, pouting.

   "Stop worrying, Minwoo," Kwangmin says, coming up behind me and patting me on the back. "They'll come back sooner or later." 

   "Yeah," Hyunseong says. "Besides, Jeongmin-ah has been looking forward to this day alot. I would see him practicing late at night for this performance. And remember how Jeongmin loves to sleep~" 

   Pah...he's not the only one who had stayed up late at night practicing for tonight!!! I may have even practiced more than him..And don't forget that it was me who had invited her here and gave her the tickets in the first place..!!     But I don't say this out loud or it will start more commotion. 

   "I'm going to go look for them," I say, getting up. 

   "Minwoo," Donghyun says suddenly. 

   I look back at him, raising my eyebrows. 

   "Deh, Hyungnim?" 

   "Be careful. We have to head back soon or Manager will get angry," he says, then rests his head on the couch and closes his eyes. 

   "Ah, yeh. I will be careful. Be back soon~!" I shut the door gently behind me since everybody is all tired from the night's performance; they look ready to fall asleep. 

   "Now...where are those two?" I wonder out loud. 

   I see the janitor walk past me, pushing a mop over the floor.    "Ah-! Ahjusshi!! Kidaryojuseyo!!" *Please wait*

   The man looks back at me. He has a weird looking mustache - one that those villain cartoon characters like to twirl around when they're planning some big evil plot. 

   "Mwuh?" he says briskly. "What do you want?" 

   "Ah, Mianhae Ahjusshi, but did you by any chance see a boy dressed in clothes a little like mine, and a girl in a purple and black dress who is very pretty?" I ask. 

   "Hmph," he says, scratching his arm. Then he holds out his hand. 

   What does he want me to do, kiss it?
   And then I understand. Grudgingly, I reach into my pocket and take out a 10 000 won bill. 

   "Deh. Is that enough?" I ask him, slightly annoyed.

   He looks at it, shrugs and snatches it from me. 

   "They went up the stairs," he says, pocketing the money. "I don't know where that boy wanted to go, but I think it was high. I could hear the girl complaining even from down here. This building is known to echo." 

   I nod. 
   "Kamsahamnida, Ahjusshi!" I say, and start up the stairs. 

   I wonder...how high up did they go?

 

                                                          Mi-Cha's Perspective:

   "Oppa," I say on a breath. "It's beautiful..." 

   I'm looking out over all of Seoul. There are lights all around me, encircling me, practically hugging me. When I look back at Jeongmin, he's smiling in triumph. 

   "You really like it?" he asks me. 

   "Of course I do!"  I exclaim. "It's one of the most beautiful things that I've ever seen!" 

   "Then why don't you take advantage of it?" he asks me. "How about drawing it?" 

   But I'm already way ahead of him. 
   "I should only come here at night," I say, more to myself than him. "That way the scenery would be at its best." 

   Jeongmin is smiling.  

   "Yeh," he tells me. "You should also tell me when you are going to come. So I could keep you company." 

   I look up at him, surprised. 

   "You would really do that?" I ask. 

   "Neh," he says. "Why wouldn't I?" 

   I burst into a smile, and before I know it, I'm hugging him. 
   "Oppa, kamsahamnida," I whisper into his chest. "It's really lonely painting alone. My father would keep me company most of the time, but now that he is gone...It's nice to know that you'll be there in his place." 

   I feel his arms wrap around my back and hold me closer. His heart beat is also as fast as mine; maybe faster. 

   "You'll never have to be alone, Mi-Cha..." he whispers into my ear. "I'll make sure that you'll never be alone. As long as you're with me, I'll..." 

   I look up at him, confused. 

   "You'll what?" I ask him. "Oppa, what do you mean?" 

   He puts his hands on either side of my face. 

   "I mean...." 

   And then he's leaning towards me slowly, eyes gently closing as he does so. Before I know it, without even thinking, I'm closing my eyes as well, inhaling all of Jeongmin, this wonderful beautiful boy.....

   

 

                                                 "What are you guys doing?!?!" 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed the eigth chapter!!!!!!! 

Sorry it took me a while to upload it; I was too busy watching a bunch of korean dramas, mianhe~! >_< 

Please comment and subscribe~I would really want to know what you guys think of my story~!!