Episode 7

When Jiyeon meets Jiyeon

When Jiyeon met Jiyeon - Ep7

 

"Yes... And here is the secret." Kei took out something from her pouch.

 

It was an old Japanese watch. Probably fron the 1990s. The black digital display is already fading.

 

"Seriously Kei. How can you kept such a secret from me. Are you a good friend of mine??" Bona berated Kei for keeping the secret.

 

"Ghost Sunbae has been wanting to tell you. But you seemed to occupied your mind somewhere. Especially the boys. Everyone seemed to want your attention. Cuz you are good looking Jiyeon, and I am just... ordinary.." Kei said as she answered back to Bona.

 

"So is it my fault that I get all the attention from the boys? Let me tell you this. I DIDNT ASK FOR ANY ATTENTION. All I want is to do my studies and stay clear of trouble. I just want to make my late grandma happy..." Bona said as she fell to the knees and cried. Tears flew like waterfall...

 

Mingyu approached Bona and squat down beside her.

 

"I'm sorry Bona for being part of the problem. I didn't meant to. I just want company. And also I have been searching for help. Apparently only the two of you can see me and converse with me as if I am part of your world.." Mingyu said as he signalled Kei to calm down Bona.

 

" Listen. I also didnt ask for Mingyu to appear in our lives. However, I became curious about him and tried to look for him. And I found this watch, right in a room at the basement of our faculty's building..." Kei said.

 

"That was my watch. A watch given to me by the girl who betrayed me deeply. That caused me my life. My world. My hope. And Im stuck here forever....." Mingyu said as he looked away in space, not wanting to face Bona or Kei.

 

"So what happened? What made you lose your life?" Kei asked as Bona took a bit of tissues from her bag, wiping her tears off.

 

"You wanna know who was my girlfriend. The girl who betrayed me?" Mingyu said to his two friends.

 

"Who?" Bona asked as she was getting curious.

 

Mingyu took out a photo from his rotting wallet. It showed a couple photo with an alive Mingyu. Bona sighed with surprise. Kei was startled.

 

The photo showed Kim Minji. Looking so demure and innocent. With glasses and pigtails.

 

"That is Kim Minji. Three years ago. We were a couple since high school. However, since we joined Segyung, she changed a lot. She wanted attention. She wanted to be popular. She wanted to hang out with the cool guys." Mingyu said as he continued.

 

"One day she asked for a break up. I didnt know why, but I told her to hang on. I didnt want ti let go of her. She kept quiet. I thought she changed her mind."

 

"A week later, we were having class at the old wing. I fell asleep at one of the studios while waiting for the class to start. Suddenly when I woke up, the place was on fire. I couldnt breathe. I ran to the door to open. It was locked from outside. I screamed for help."

 

"I woke up the next moment in an abandoned room. I thought I was safe. But I looked at myself in the mirror. No reflection. I guess I knew I was not a human anymore...." Mingyu said as he remininsce the moments three years ago.

 

"For three years I have been demanding answers. I have been in peoples' body to ask for answers. However, no one was hip or cool enough to even ask Minji what went wrong.. Minji has a strong entourage. Those plastic, stuck up group who think looks own the world."

 

"That's the reason why I stuck by you. I need your help Bona. I think your looks might help me find the answer to my death. I hope you understand as I need answers." Mingyu said as he begged Bona for her help.

 

Bona looked at Kei. Kei just smiled, without saying a word.

 

" Let me think of it. Only if you stop bugging me and appear out of sudden. " Bona said.

 

" I wouldn't appear if your friend wouldn't be so careless on how she cared about my watch. I AM ANNOYED TOO!!" Mingyu answered as both Bona and himself glared with annoyance towards Kei who just gave a wry smile.

 

Both Kei and Bona headed home and walked towards the convinience store nearby.

 

" Let's grab supper. I am famished." Bona said as she held Kei's hand and headed towards the entrance of the store.

 

"Hey, hey... looks whose here... Bunny Bona and Kute Kei. Ok, not so cure Kei..." Miyeon said as Kei glared at her with a look of annoyance.

 

"You guys eaten? I have some Jajangmyeon which I ordered earlier. My partner just left for home. On urgent leave..." Miyeon said as she took out a bag of lunchboxes inside.

 

The three girls then sat at the table outside the convinience store and digging in the jajjamgmyeon profusely as they hadnt had their dinner yet.

 

Bona then opened a pack of six canned Korean beer and gulped down one can first. Miyeon saw, and opened one can too. Kei decided to sipped Bona's beer as she wasn't the strongest drinker, just a follower.

 

Bona then looked towards Miyeon.

 

"Miyeon, how well do you know Minji and Go Won sunbae?" Bona asked out of curiousity.

 

"Well, I do not know them well. I know Go Won sunbae through Jiho. And one of their acquaintances was one of my friends in high school.." Miyeon answered as she opened another can of beer from the pack.

 

"Keep this a secret. How do we join their entourage. We have a mission to do.." Bona said as she hatched an idea.

 

"Hmm... what top secret? Am I filming Mission:Impossible Segyung University style??" Miyeon asked as she cheekily tried to crack the tense situation.

 

"Very... very big secret.." Bona said as she sniggered.

 

"Very well. For Bona, she has the beauty. Can gel in their group very well. For Kei, you need a huge help from me. Dun worry, my unnie is a hairdresser. She'll help you..." Miyeon said as she winked at Kei.

 

"That's why I do not like you..." Kei said as she looked away with annoyance.