Chapter 10

I'm Not That Person (Anymore)

(Kara's POV)

I can't believe this...It's really unfair. It's been 3 weeks and I haven't gone out of this house, this room, this place! I'm tired of this. I don't even know what I should do here. 

I scanned around my room and found it absolutely boring. Seeing mostly everyday. I then heard a knock on the door.

"Kara...you should eat." Yuri said behind the door.

"I won't eat unless I get out of this place!" I stubbornly said. I then realize my door was actually unlocked. So Yuri got in but I just turn my back on her.

"Kara..." she cooed to me. "I'm sorry but you can't get out for the moment. It's for the best." she continued.

I looked at her with fuming eyes. "What do you mean 'for the best'? Is this what you think is the best for me? Locking myself in this place...I-I don't even know why I'm not going out and you just lock me up here." I felt tears coming up. I couldn't really understand her. Or anyone. When I asked Mr. Han why, he just said the same words. 'I can't tell you.'

"You and Mr. Kim are the same. I can't believe you two. I trusted the both of you to tell me the truth. And this happens." I looked at her. "Are you really this selfish? Is this the real you? Huh? Did you just act kind towards me but secretly hate me?" Then I felt a slap on my cheek.

Yuri unnie just slapped me along with my tears that finally poured out. I see she put the food aside before she slapped me.

"KARA! DON'T YOU EVER LABEL ME AS SELFISH CAUSE I HAVE NEVER BEEN. I'VE BEEN LOYAL AND TRUTHFUL TO EVERYONE HERE EVEN BEFORE YOU CAME HERE!" she shouted as I hid my face with my hair looking at the other side. "YOU MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR LOCKED UP HERE BUT ONE DAY YOU'LL THANK ME AND MR. KIM....THAT WE DIDN'T LET YOU GET OUT." she continued. I just sobbed there. "AND TO THINK...THAT YOU ACTUALLY MENTIONED MR. KIM AS SELFISH ALONG WITH ME...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.......YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR HIM...BECAUSE IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIM..YOU WOULD'VE BEEN ---"

"YURI!" Mr. Kim shouted cutting her off. "DON'T" he continued.

I looked at him with watery eyes and a frown on my face. I felt my face especially my cheek with my hands and I just winced in pain. I knew it left a mark. Yuri unnie just slapped me with full force. I never knew she would do that to me. I got so angry and stormed off outside hoping that they won't follow me or stop me. But to my surprise they just stood there. I saw Mr. Kim stopping Yuri from getting me. I finally had my wish. To be out. Out and free.

(Narrator's POV)

"But Mr. Kim." Yuri said with a sorry face on. She just realized what she had done and totally felt guilty.

"No, leave her for now. I know how it feels. She must be sad and wants freedom. Let's just leave her for now. Give her some time." Mr. Kim said as he patted her back.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have slapped her. I just couldn't control my anger. I'm really sorry." Yuri cried and was immediately hugged by Mr. Kim comforting her.

"No...you said you couldn't control it. It was how you just felt and I respect that. Don't worry. She'll forgive you." He continued to say as he patted her back.

Meanwhile Kara dried her tears as she was walking. Definitely she needed some time alone. Her feelings were mixed with anger and confusion as to what just happened. She then happen to come by the park.

(Kara's POV)

Wow, I've missed this place. Clearly every problem I had just faded away and I just enjoyed myself playing alone. There was not much people there since it was nearing night. I sat down on the swings and looking at the stars that were visible for now. Tears then suddenly appeared on my eyes.

"My life is unfair!" I shouted quietly. Almost whispering. I closed my eyes as I cried quietly.

"Why are you crying?" a man's voice suddenly asked me. I looked up and scanned the place. There I saw a man in the shadows slowly coming towards me. To my surprise. It was him. Mr. Jung Yunho.

"Yunho oppa!" i greeted him with glee.

"Oh, you still remember me? That's nice." he said and sat down on the other swing. He looked at me. "Now, why are you crying?"

"Just confused that's all." I said as I looked down.

"Well..it must be really something big..I can see your not smiling." he said as he examined my face. "Want to talk about it?" He asked me.

"If oppa will treat me ice cream...I'll tell.....I'm kind of hungry." I said.

(Sidenote A/N: Okay, I know it was kind of rude to all of a sudden ask things like this but come on..she's (Kara) is not in the right mind...mentally sick...so yeah...)

"Umm..sure..." he stood up and motioned me to follow him.

We then headed to a near ice cream stand by the city. Oh yeah..I forgot to tell you. The park is just  connected to the city but it takes only about 5 minutes before you get there. Anyways, the walk going there was silent because of my feelings. Finally we arrived at the stand.

"What flavor do you want?" he asked me.

"Cookies and Cream please." I answered him.

"One cookies and cream and one vanilla ice cream please." he requested to the lady in the ice cream stand. We waited for the ice creams and it was done.

"Here you go. Enjoy." she told us giving the ice creams.

"Thank you." Yunho said to her. 

We then started to eat the ice cream and walk where our feet would lead us.

(Yunho's POV)

I never knew that I would meet Kara again. I just went for a little walk in the park thinking about something when I heard quiet cries from the swings. To my curiosity I went to her and thought if I can comfort her. But as I came closer I realized who she was. It was Kara. 

I was over-whelmed upon seeing her again but seeing her in that state just made me worry about what happened to her. I could see she remembered me. She remembered my name. I tried to console her and ask what happened but she just asked me if I can buy her ice cream. I accepted since I can see she looks sad.

Now, we just walked and walked until we reached a river. Never in my stay here in Korea did I ever come across the river. Nor have I even passed by. I noticed she sat down on the grass so I followed her. We sat there for a long time until I decided to break the silence.

"Hey, so....it's been awhile...how are you?" I asked her.

"I'm okay oppa..." she said as she finished her last piece of ice cream.

"Oh....well..I haven't seen you outside much. Honestly I went sometimes in the park hoping I would see you, but you didn't show up." I told her.

"That's the problem actually...Yuri unnie doesn't want me to go outside anymore ever since that day we met. I don't know why but she keep on telling me I can't go outside." she told me.

"Oh...well how about now? You got outside and--" I was cut off.

"I ran away. Well actually, just escaped or get free." she said.

"Oh...I'm sorry..." I apologized.

"It's okay, but awhile ago...I said something to Yuri unnie that made her slap me." she told me.

I was alarmed. I took her face and looked at it. I haven't realized that her right cheek had a bruise. I guess the slap really hurt. She winced in pain when I tried to touch it. I apologized and she just accepted it. After some minutes her head just leaned against my shoulder. I took a look at her and found her sleeping soundly.

"Just sleep..I think you need it." I whispered to her