Chapter 4: Butterflies

Take Myoui Heart

Myoui House, Sunday 08.40 am

AUTHOR POV

At this time, mina is the only one who’s already wake up and dressed up. currently she’s in the kitchen now, making breakfast for momo who’ll shortly will come in few minutes. For a few reminder, momo, sana and mina are going to have a hang out to watch a ballet recital charity. Momo going to pick mina so right now, mina is in kitchen and cooking breakfast for momo.

She’s cooking while humming some song happily. Yes mina is in a very good mood right now. The fact that she’ll hang out probably all day long with momo, made her happy. Although Sana also there. But still.. spending time with momo excite her.

Due to this excitement, Mina actually wanted to look pretty for momo. like using shirt and skirt.. But earlier, she went out to her veranda to check the weather and it’s actually quite windy.. Wearing skirt in that kind of weather is kinda bad decision. So Mina decided to wear something warm. But instead of wearing thick clothes, Mina decided to use few layers. She chose black and white stripe t-shirt and jeans. Since now she’s still cooking, later when she ready to go, she’ll covered herself with jeongnam’s black oversized cardigan.

About these trio. Mina, Sana, and momo. They met during the first year of their junior high. The three of them were in same class and the first one who gathered them, was sana.

Back then, Sana knew that momo still had trouble with her Korean because momo was just arrived from Japan due to her father works. So, as a half-blood—her mom is a Korean and father is a Japanese, Sana decided to greeted her and help her.

Then Sana thought mina also a Japanese, since her name is sounds like Japanese surname and she wanted to do the same thing like she did with Momo. But it turns out that mina is indeed a Japanese, can talk in Japanese, but she’s born in Korea so she didn’t have any trouble with her Korean. So since then, the three got closer. Go anywhere together, and study together. Of course because of them momo’s Korean got better.

Knowing mina, equals knowing Jeongnam. Well it’s because jeongnam is such a protective sisters and she always stick to mina. Therefore Sana and Momo knew her too. Momo got closer to jeongnam as they become classmate later and throughout the year, until High school, Momo and jeongnam been a good friends too as they become bandmate.

Sana’s feeling for Jeongnam bloomed when the first live performance of Sixteen band—around second year of senior high school. But for Mina, her feelings for Momo bloomed when they were still junior high. Maybe few months after she got closer with her. everything about momo is loveable. Her cuteness, her kindness, her goofy side.. everything is loveable..

But of course.. the feelings aren’t mutual. Momo see her just as a friend. someone who will help her out of trouble, someone who will support her with things she loves.. no more than that. Mina is fine with it, for now. Momo is still single anyway.. so she still can loving her without guilt and maybe.. one day Momo will reciprocate her feelings..

.

.

Few minutes after that

When mina was still cooking, sound of someone walked down the stairs could be heard and judging by the time, probably that person is Sharon since it’s impossible for jeongnam to be awake at this hour. Mina tried to look at her back for a second, but she can’t find anyone except the dressing room door that opened widely and she decided to continue her cook.

Few moment later, Mina could hear sound of person coming inside kitchen and then that person gave mina a back hug. And like mina thought.. It’s Sharon

 

“Morning, Mitan.” Sharon greeted mina by hugging her and left a peck on her cheek.

“Morning..”

“I see you dressed up. wanna go somewhere?” asked Sharon.

“Oh I haven’t tell you yet. Yes.. I’m going out with Momo and Sana today. They’ll pick me up later.”

“oh.. where are you guys going?” asked Sharon

“Some ballet recital.”

“Whoa.. Seems fun.. Just don’t go home late, okay?” mina then nod her head.

 

After Sharon done collecting her morning hug and kiss from mina, she let her go and went to drink some water. Mina then also done with her first dish as now she started plating it on the plate.

 

“Oh? you also want to go somewhere?” asked Mina soon after she realized that Sharon using proper outfit to go out

“Yes I’m going out. But maybe not that long..  Only few hours since I’m just out for breakfast.”

 “Ooh.. Breakfast appointment at work or something?”

“Nope. Just me eating some bread and coffee.” Somehow, by hearing that answer from Sharon, Mina knew where actually Sharon want to go.

 

“Where? Oh wait. Let me guess.. Soul café?”

“Yup. It’s the only café that I know here.” Mina gave Sharon a smirk when Sharon told her that. Definitely like what she thought.

 

Well the reason why Mina could know it, is simple. Sharon hasn’t wandering around the city much since she came from US and the most frequent café they attend, is soul café. And every Sunday, Jihyo has morning shift that ends on lunch hour. So of course Mina assumed that Sharon wanted to go there because she want to see jihyo, not because she wanted to drink some delicious coffee. Besides.. who’s bother to go out to café in this hour just to grab some bread and coffee when you can make it in your home?

 

“What’s with that smirk?” asked Sharon after she done drinking her water.

“You want to drink coffee or.. want to see jihyo?”

“Oh come on.. I know where you are heading.. Like what I told you, soul café is the only place that I know.”

“Well there’s one near here and they have a delicious coffee there.” Said Mina

“But I never go there and you know I’m not the type who like wandering and try new things.” Mina then just nod her head, still not dropping her teasing expression.

 

“You still haven’t drop the smirk, mina.”

“Let’s just admit it. You wanna go to soul café because you want to visit Jihyo at work.”

“Oh come on… Is it wrong for a friend to visit their friend’s workplace?”

“Nope, it’s totally fine.”

“Then drop the smirk and the tease.”

“But this early? Well.. your friendship with Jihyo is really remarkable. I’m so jealous..” Sharon sigh when mina said that.

“You know what? you can think it in any kind of thing that you want.”

“Sure~’

 

Sharon gave mina a sharp glance but since mina gave her a cheeky smile, Sharon just sigh, completely defeated by her sister’s cuteness.

 

“You are glad that I can’t mad at you..”

“And that’s why I love being your sister~”

 

*DING DONG*

The sisters conversation stopped as suddenly the doorbell rang.

 

“Oh? That was fast.. Sharon, could you open the door please? it’s probably momo and sana.“

“Sure. I’m leaving anyways.. see you later and have fun okay?”

“Yes.. Say hi to jihyo from me~”

“Told you to drop the tease..” Mina stick her tongue to Sharon and Sharon let out a small smile

 

*DING DONG* *DING DONG*

 

“Ugh your friends are so impatience..Ittekimasu.” Said Sharon

“Itterasshai~” after that Sharon went to the front door, to open the door for the guest.

 

Sharon grabbed the car key that hung on the keyholder, grabbed book that she left in the coffee table, and then went to the front door. When she opened it, she was greeted by a girl who scanned her right away from head to toe.

 

“Long black hair, sophisticated look, and already wake up at this hour.. you’re definitely Sharon. Right? Hi!”

“Right. good morning, momo-ssi.” Well practically Sharon and momo aren’t that close since they never met before so Sharon still use formalities with her

“You’re going somewhere?” asked Momo

“Ah yes. I have breakfast appointment.” Said Sharon and momo just nod at it.

“Well please come in. mina is inside.”

 

Sharon gave a space for momo to come in and she walked with softly saying ‘ojamashimasu’ when she entered the house. Just then, Sharon realized something off. Momo is alone and there is no Sana like what Mina told her.

 

“You come alone here, momo-ssi?”

“Yes. I’m driving my own car.” Said Momo

“But where’s sana? Mina told me Sana will be here.” Suddenly Momo’s face turned stiffed after hearing that.

“S-sana? Ah.. s-she can’t come. Family matters I guess.” Sharon felt something weird with the way momo stuttered and mostly her awkward smile.. But she decided to drop it off.

“well.. Okay then.. have fun and please don’t bring mina home late.”

“yeap. Noted.”

“I’m taking my leave then and just go straight to kitchen. Mina is there.” Momo then nod her head and ran towards kitchen while yelling, “Miiitaaaaan!!”

 

Sharon who was still standing on the front door, kinda shocked when she seeing momo act like that.

 

“Isn’t she the drummer of the band? Or not?”

 

Well of course sharon could mumbled something like that.. she remembered that Mina introduced Momo as her friend and also jeongnam’s friend who apparently also sixteen’s drummer. Although the way she dressed right now, black oversized hoodie and black short jeans, kinda represent a drummer vibe. But the way she act—running towards mina and calling her name in a really cute way, it’s totally different with a drummer stereotype.

 

“Oh well. Never judge people by their looks.. ”


 Kitchen

“Miiitaaaaan~” Mina could hear the yell clearly and it made her looked to her back.

Which its actually a mistake since now she can’t control her heart beat due to the cuteness that Momo deliver just by simply running towards her and calling her name.

 

“Hi!” Said momo with huge grin on her face once she arrived in kitchen

“H-hi Momorin..”

“Hmmm~ what a delicious scent~”

“O-oh yea.. I just made one piece and currently making the other one.. you can eat it first.”

“Nope. I’m going to eat it together with you so it’s okay. take your time.”

 

Just when Mina wanted to go back cooking, she realized that sana is missing. “I thought you picked up sana? Or we pick her up after this?”

“A-about sana.. well.. she won’t come.”

“What? why? yesterday she told me she’ll come today..”

“well.. uh.. H-her father is in hospital..”

“Oh dear.. what happened?”

“D-don’t know why.. sana didn’t give me the details..”

“We should go to hospital then.. sana migh—“

“Nonono! It’s okay.. eum.. sana told me that she’s fine there… no need to accompany her.”

“Really?” Momo nods her head vigorously and that’s made mina dropped her idea.

“I hope he’s alright..” said Mina

“Yeah.. he’ll be alright..” 

 

After that Mina focus back on cooking. At first her mind still worrying upon Sana’s dad condition because she knows how sana love him so much. That’s made mina worried upon her best friend’s condition. But then she realized that if sana can’t come, that means.. today she’ll spent the entire day with momo. Momo only. Just the two of them. And somehow.. her heart beating nervously and also excitedly.

 

“Mitang, I wanna help.” Momo’s call made mina awake from her short thoughts

“Oh no need momorin.. I’m nearly done.”

“But I want to help….” without Mina even see her, she knows that momo was pouting. Well it’s quite obvious with the whine. Mina then tried to think something that momo could help since mina was done all the cooking and just waited for the plating.

“Ah how about you pour some juice for us?”

“Okay!” Momo ran towards refrigerator and once she opened it, she saw many kind of juice in it.

“What juice do you want?”

“I’m good with anything.”

“Okay.. Apple juice for you, orange juice for me~” Said Momo happily as she took those two huge bottle and pour it each into glass.

 

Once the foods were ready, the two of them went to the dining room and ate there.


Ballet Recital Charity Venue

The venue was quite packed with people but still manageable and not crowded. Mina was so excited when they were there. Her eyes wandering here and there, admiring the decoration and even the crowd excite her. she was stomping happily while let out a huge grin as they standing in a line to their seat.

 

“It’s not even starting yet you already this excited?” asked Momo and Mina nod with huge smile plastered on her face

“I guess when the show start, you’ll be a lot more excited huh?”

 

Not long after they’ve been seated, the lights turned dimmer and the curtain on stage started to open. Along with the round of applause, small kids with white ballet dress went into the stage one by one and posed on their position.

 

“Ooh.. they looked so tiny!” whispered mina to momo and that just made momo let out a smile.

.

.

Throughout the performance, momo could see the full excitement on mina’s face. her eyes was locked to the stage—sparkling brightly, wide smile spread on her face, and every single time the kids do some huge move, she’ll clap frantically like the other audiences. And sometimes she’ll whispered at momo, gave a short commentary about the kids using ballet term that momo doesn’t even have any idea what it is about. But seeing mina so excited like this.. actually made momo happy.

To be frank, momo has zero idea about ballet and if it’s not because of mina, she won’t come to this kind of event—not the charity.. but the ballet recital. Well momo can’t handle classical music because somehow the calm melody always bring her to her favorite place a.k.a dreamland.

But she’ll cope everything for the sake of seeing mina do ballet again. Mina was a ballerina since she was six. Back when they still in school, either junior high or even senior high.. Momo always come to mina’s ballet performance. Watching her do that is always amazing for her.

But after she went to university, she joined a crew together with sana and few other girls that momo doesn’t really close with.. and somehow, mina stop doing ballet. She still dance, sometimes participate in dance competition and such. But she stop doing ballet because her crew usually dance something like hip hop, urban, or modern dance. No more ballerina mina.

Momo thought that mina probably had enough of ballet, because mina’s been doing it since she was kid but.. momo just miss seeing it and she doesn’t want mina to stop doing ballet.. so.. that’s why although she hates classical music, she impulsively bought tickets and brought mina here. Hoping that by seeing those kids doing ballet, it’ll somehow gave a nostalgic feeling and made mina wanna go back to do ballet again. which she thinks it works because just by looking how excited mina is right now.

Right now the music stopped for a second as an interlude for another performance. Excitement still lingered in mina as she waits for another performer. But that excitement suddenly changed the moment Momo slipped out things that supposed to be inside her mind.

 

“It’ll be great if she the one who perform there..” Mina snapped her head towards momo and asked her right away

“Who.. are you talking about?”

“Ne?” momo was shocked with that question. Well it’s supposed to be left inside her head but somehow she speak it out loud.

“You anticipate other people to perform there..?”

“i.. said it out loud?” mina nod her head. Feeling nervous suddenly filled up her, momo tried to control herself so she can answer it calmly. But well.. she failed.

“W-well.. eum.. It’s.. you.. I want to watch you perform ballet again..“

“M-me?”

“Yes.. It’s been a long time right since you do ballet? you haven’t do it again after we entered university.. So.. Yea.” Said momo. Now not just momo who felt nervous. Mina too and both hung their head low—hiding their blushing face.

“B-but it’s okay. I understand.. you probably had enough of it.. it just I miss it that’s all.”

“I’m n—“

 

Just before mina can clarify, the music came back again as another performer came. The talk was left just like that as mina quickly absorbed into the performance. Right now the performance aren’t the kids, but one of the trainer who performed. The music changed into more deep and drew more serious atmosphere. The nervousness inside mina, changed into amazement.

When the music stopped again, and people stood to give a big standing ovation, both of them also stood and did the same. But when the rest started leaving their seat, they still stuck on the same spot. The nervousness went struck them again as the venue started to get empty as time goes by. They just sat there, playing with their own fingers in silence. Until Mina the one who speak first as she find the needs to clarify things.

 

“I never said I’m quitting ballet..” that statement made momo tilted her head up and glanced at mina

“W-well.. Yes, I never do ballet again after I entered university but i-it’s not like I’m done with ballet.. I’m just taking some break.” Said Mina again

“So… you’re not done with your ballet?” With her head hung low—hiding her blush, Mina nod at that question timidly.

“The crew been too busy lately and our leader is quite ambitious with the crew’s achievements so I don’t have chance to participate in any ballet competition..”

 

Momo suddenly grabbed mina’s hands and gave her huge grinny smile. Just by hearing that, the nervousness that filled her changed into huge excitement. But it gave different effect to mina… That made mina more and more nervous.

 

“So so.. if you had chance, you’ll do it? you’ll do ballet again? right?”

“S-someday.. yes..”

“Yey! I’ll be waiting for that time to come!”

 

The way momo hold her hands, smiled so wide towards her, of course that made mina’s heart beating so hard and nervous. But the excitement and the pure anticipation that momo showed made mina happy and let out a smile too. It’s one of momo’s thing. Contagious happiness.

 *Growl growl*

Those two froze a second after that sound and then burst out laughing. It’s sound from momo’s stomach that obviously showed how hungry momo is.

 

“Hungry already?” asked Mina

“I guess so.. shall we eat then?”

 “Sure.. But let me pay okay. you already buy the ticket here so.. at least let me pay it back.”

“Well.. you won’t drop it even if I decline so.. let’s go then!”

.

.

Few Hours after that

After finished eating, both Mina and Momo decided to go to the park and have some walk there. It’s momo’s idea. She said she wanted to feel the spring breeze and also enjoy the scenery. At first mina didn’t want to since today is quite windy yet momo’s outfit is not that warm. Although she wear hoodie.. but she has habit that she won’t wear any extra t-shirt or tank top underneath it so for a windy weather like this, she could catch a cold because of it..

But mina can’t say no once momo pleaded her and here they are now… On their way towards the park. Not with car, but on foot. It’s Momo’s idea again since the distance from restaurant to the park is not that far. So it’ll be better to go there on foot rather than riding a car.  

The walk was not silent. The fact that mina is the timid type and momo not the type who can start conversation well, aren’t stopping them to have a light conversation during the walk. Mina could be a talkative person if they are together and momo could bring interesting thing to talk to. maybe because they’re comfortable with each other, maybe because they know each other too well so everything just run fluidly. And actually, another reason why mina fell in love with momo, is because this comfortable feeling that she always feels whenever she’s with momo. although momo can’t see it since mina can hide it well and the ‘shy mina’ labeled already attached strongly on her so once she flustered, people will just think she just shy upon it. nothing special.

 

“the cardigan you’re wearing. Is it jeongnam’s?

“How do you know?”

“Well.. it’s my gift for her.” after momo said that, mina started to panic and somehow feel guilty.

“Oh my.. I’m sorry I didn’t know about that. I thought jeongnam bought it by herself.. I’ll take it off then.”

“Ei..no need no need. Just wear it.” because of that, mina cancel her intention to take off the cardigan.

“Is it comfy?” asked Momo

“Yeah.. it’s warm enough and also soft. I don’t understand why jeongnam never wear this.”

“Maybe it’s not her style. You know.. too much printed words on it. she’s always prefer simple design right?”

“Yes.. but I think the printed words aren’t that many.. I like the design tho..”

“Well.. why don’t you wear it then? since its seems like she won’t wear it.”

“Can i? Jeongnam of course will allow me but.. You don’t mind if I wear this?”

“Nope. I don’t mind at all. In fact, seeing you wearing it, makes me happy.”

“really?” Momo gave a nod

 

Their conversation was cut for a second because their walk had to stop as they arrived in the traffic light. The sign is still red for pedestrians so they had to stop and wait.

 

 “Besides, its looks good on you.”

 

And this kind of moment, is the only moment that mina can’t hide her feelings. Every time momo throws her honest opinion freely that compliment mina without single warning… mina’s timid heart can’t keep calm and beat harder.

 

“T-Thank you..” said Mina shyly. Momo who was actually facing mina, automatically let out a giggle when she saw how mina reacted.

“The shy mina who can’t handle compliment.” Said momo.

“y-yah.. don’t tease me..” said mina as she slightly pushed momo and it just made the smile on momo’s face turned wider. But momo decided not to prolong her tease and just look straight on the road, waiting for the vehicles to stop.

 

Mina looked at other directions, trying to brush out the sudden flustered feelings and taming the butterflies inside her stomach. But then Momo suddenly called her again.

 

“Hey mitan..” mina who was startled just let out a hum, answering momo’s call.

“Can I.. hold your hand?” Just when she’s still trying to calm herself, momo threw that kind of question and made her more and more flustered.

“M-my hand? Do you feel cold or … something?”

“No... I just want to.. hold it.. If you don’t mind..”

 

Mina didn’t respond to that for few seconds. Too shocked and don’t know exactly what to do at that moment. Until when she can see the vehicles started to slowing down as the traffic light changed to yellow, mina shyly grabbed momo’s pinky finger. Momo who felt the presences of mina’s hand, took off mina’s grip from her little finger and intertwined their hand.

 

“It’s green! Let’s goo~” said Momo cheerfully and lead them passing the cross walk.

 

And at that exact moment, mina knew, the butterflies in her stomach won’t stop flying around whenever she’s with momo.


Seoul Park, 16.30 pm

MINA POV

It’s been nearly an hour or more maybe that both momo and I spend time in park. The wind is blowing yet momo still feel okay with everything.. The park wasn’t really empty. Few people walking around, or chatting on the bench and there are also quite plenty of couple walking here and there. Well.. it’s weekend after all..

But.. something is a little weird with momo.. I mean.. it’s not in a bad way.. it just, momo keep copying what couples did? Or I’m just assuming?

Well… Every time we passed by a couple, she wanted to do the same thing they did. Like when we saw a couple taking selfies, okay it’s normal to have selfie.. but she squeezed her cheek on mine and it was so.. shocking?? Momo never act like that.. well not to me. she usually acts like that with dahyun and chaeyoung.

Then when she saw a man picked up a fallen flower and put it on his girlfriend’s ear, guess what? now I have that in my right ear too.. and when a couple came across us while riding twin bike, momo suddenly turned so eager to rent that bike. So now we’re on our way to the renting place.

Untill then momo spotted a couple holding an ice cream and somehow, she quickly forget the plan on renting the bike and change it to the brand new idea.

 

“Oh! look! They are eating ice cream! We should eat ice cream too.” said Momo as she started to pull me and wanted to find the ice cream parlor as quick as possible. But this time, I held her. trying to stop her from doing that.

“Ice cream? You sure? In this kind of weather?” She gave me a dumbfounded look and said,

“why not? Ice cream is an all season dessert.”

“But.. aren’t you still full? You eat plenty earlier.”

“Miitaan… you know dessert went to different stomach right? come on.. let’s buy some ice cream? please please please?? Today won’t be perfect if we don’t buy it..”

 

You know, I was just afraid that if we eat ice cream in this kind of weather, we could catch a cold.. so yea that’s why I don’t really like the idea.. but. it’s soo unfair whenever I don’t want to do things, yet momo gave me this sad puppy eyes and plead me.. it’s like from those eyes, the only answer that she provides is just yes or yes. so yea.. I’m again down to her ideas..

 

“Okay.. let’s find the ice cream parlor..”

“Yeaay~ let’s goo! Ice cream! Ice cream!” we continued to walk again, but now she’s swinging our hands while keep saying ice cream in a really cheerful way.

.

.

 

Once we arrived at the ice cream parlor, thank god it’s empty and no queue at all so momo and I could take our time with choosing the flavor

 

“Good afternoon, May I help with your order?” asked the seller

“mm..what flavor should I choose…” asked Momo while her eyes stuck on the various ice cream flavors.

“Before you picked the flavor, I like to offer you three kind of combos that we have here. There are single combo, there’s also couple co—“

“The couple one! we choose the couple one.” said Momo as she cut the seller talk. See? She’s acting weird!!

“momo, you want to eat two?”

“What? of course not. It’s for you.” said momo as she took of her focus from the ice cream fridge

“But.. momorin..  I’m not really want to eat ice cream.” And that made both her frown and pout came out..

“Aaaahh.. come on! lets eat together…” okay then.. I guess I have to eat ice cream in this windy day..

“Okay we buy the couple combos..” I said

“Yeey! Hm.. I go with chocolate and caramel. How about you mitan?”

“Vanilla and strawberry for me please.”

 

After we put our order and the seller started to accumulate the price, momo let go her grip on my hand and started to rummage her bag. Oh no she’s trying to pay the ice cream. Thank god my sling bag is more organized and have less snacks on it so I can quickly took out my wallet and pay the ice cream. No way I would let she pay the ice cream.

 

“Ehh.. not fair.. I want to pay..”

“Consider it as my gift because you bring me to see ballet recital.”

“But you already paid the food..”

“That’s for the ticket.”  Thank god momo gave in so the argument won’t be prolong.. when our ice cream is done, we sat on nearby bench and eat our ice cream.

 

The ice cream were actually nice and sometimes if I went to her again, I definitely will buy this ice cream again.. And now, finally both of us just eat the ice cream peacefully without momo doing some weird stuff..

Few minutes after that, we’re done eating the ice cream and just sat there. Thankfully momo already forgot about renting some bike and only few people especially couple passed by. We just dozing off on the scenery in front of us, with spring breeze hitting our skin. After few hours walking around the park, I think this place is the best spot..

 

 “Hey mina, I want to buy some drink. Need something?”

“I’ll just come with you.”

“No! you just stay here.. the view from here is nice. I’m afraid if both of us leave, this seat will be taken.. so.. let me buy it alone. And this time, its on me.”

“okay then. mm.. a mineral water or maybe green tea will do.”

“cool! I’ll be back and oh.. your cup please.” I gave her the empty cup and then she left to buy some drink

 

Really I don’t understand why she act like this.. when we’re in the recital venue, she wasn’t like this.. you know.. being all sweet and honestly quite demanding.. Asking to do this and that.. But right after we went to restaurant.. she started to act like that..

Well.. momo is a sweet person.. but I don’t know. It feels different today and today she used aegyo a lot too. I don’t know why but she’s being sooo adorable since morning.. again, it’s not bad at all. Just.. ugh.. maybe its just my imagination..

Momo won’t have a thought that today is a date right? I mean today was supposed to be a hangout with sana and since she can’t come.. she probably wanted to—oh god no. I’m being delusional. There’s no way momo wanted to have a date with me.. well maybe yes for friendly date but she keep doing what couple do so does that mean..

OKAY

 I need to stop this thought! maybe momo just in the mood on acting like that and yes I think I’m overthink it.. calm down mina.. calm down.. If sana see this, she will definitely tease me..

 

Oh talking about sana.. I haven’t call her. you see, sana is the only daughter and she’s so close with her father. And of course when I heard from momo that sana can’t come because her father is hospitalized, makes me worried about her too.. okay let’s call her.

 

*toot* *toot*

 

“Hello my little baby~” okay.. why she answer my call so cheerfully like that?

“Hey there sana. You still in hospital?”

“Hospital? What do you mean? I never go to hospital today..”

“Eh? how about your father?”

“My father? He’s in hospital now but he’ll be back before dinner.”

“Wait.. your father is fine? He’s not sick?”

“Okay mina you’re being weird.. what actually happened?”

“I don’t know you tell me.. I’m pretty confuse now. you were supposed to be here with me and momo, then momo said that your father is in hospital so you can’t come with us.. but now you told me that he’s not sick?”

 

 after I said that, you know what I got? Sana’s squeaking laugh. And that doesn’t answer anything, just makes things more and more confusing.

 

“Sanaa.. it’s not the time to laugh.. explain to me.” I said to her, trying to get a grip of her.

“oh god this is hilarious.. let me take a breath for a second.. huuh..” I waited for sana to cool herself down and then not long after that she proposed something, “If I tell you, promise me you will tell your feeling towards momo.”

“What? no way! why I should do that??” I quickly scanned my surrounding checking whether momo is around or not, but thank god she’s not around.

“Well.. it’s the price for the explanation. Take it or leave it..”

“oh please sana.. that’s impossible. I can’t out of nowhere tell her that I’m in love with her.”

“Fine… I’ll make it a little bit easier. At least show her a little hint that you have feelings for her. how’s that?” I don’t really want this but ugh fine. Since I’m curious and confuse… I’ll just take it

“okay then... I’ll do it.”

 

“First of all.. My dad is fine. He’s indeed in hospital but for work and yes momo is lying but god I don’t know why a smarty like you could be fooled by that kind of lie..”

“Sorry for being easily tricked but at that kind of moment, the only thing that popped in my head is just your father being hospitalized.”

“Okay okay.. So now I’m going to tell you about what actually happened.” , “I told you last night that I want to come right? but when I was just got back home, momo called me and she begged me not to come today.”

“She asked you that? why? she’s the one who said that today is going to be our hang out time. the three of us. why she suddenly asked you not to come along?”

“Because she didn’t want me to come along at the first place..”

“What? Oh come on Sana.. That doesn’t even answer anything. it creates more question you know?”

“I’m sorry Ms. Myoui, but that’s the only thing that you’ll got from me. if you need more information, you should asked her yourself.”

 

Ugh I hate her.. why she has to act all secretive like this.. I don’t like left hanging like this. curiosity is my weakness..

 

“come on.. tell me a little bit more.”

“Nope. You need to build up courage to talk about this kind of thing with her. but just a little hint, her reasons, is actually give you a green light. So please stop hiding your feelings towards her.” said sana

“I don’t know whether you’re lying or not but I guess I’ll try..” I said

“Good. you’ve waited too long so you better women up and do what you must do.”

“Okay.. thank you sana for telling me this.. even tho it’s not really that helpful.”

“hey at least I’m helping you guys to talk about this matters okay. I’m playing a good cupid here and if you finally got the answer, help me to make jeongnam fall for me.”

“Honestly, you don’t need my help to make jeongnam fall for you.”

“really?”

“yup. No need to worry.”

 

If sana knows what actually jeongnam hides.. oh well jeongnam herself doesn’t even realized her feelings too.. but I think things will run well for them..

 

“Oh hey sana.. Thank you for telling me this and risking yourself to be smacked by momo once she knows you spilled everything to me.” I said.

“Ms. Myoui, i only spilled you tiny drops of the tea okay.. Besides.. She didn’t ask me to keep it as a secret so.. it’s her fault not mine.”

“You sneaky..”

“it’s called communication skill honey.. but wait.. momo isn’t beside you now?”

“No. she’s went to buy some drinks. We currently in the park right now.”

“I don’t know she could be such a sweet girl. Oh well spill me all the detail for anything you’re doing today okay~ have fun with the date.”

“it’s not a da—“

 

*toot* *toot*

 

God.. why she has to be that annoying..

Let’s step that aside for a second and focus on what sana just told me.. It was quite.. Surprising yet confusing?

so.. momo was lying about sana’s father being hospitalized. Well.. it’s kind of my fault.. she just said that sana’s father is in hospital.. he’s a surgeon of course he’s in hospital.. not being hospitalized.

But you know I’m confused.. why she told me that today was supposed to be our—me, momo and sana’s hangout day, yet she asked sana not to come today? oh sana also said that momo was actually never want Sana to come along? I don’t get it.. why? they aren’t fighting right? wait.. or maybe.. he just want to hang out with me?

OH OH! If this right.. oh god.. if she just wanted to spent times with me today, so those weird stuff she did—copying every single couple we spotted, does she actually want to have a… d-date with me?!

OKAY

I’m being delusional here but.. it’s kinda make sense right? the way she’s being sweet and oh god I need to stop.. yes.

Instead of overthinking and drawing assumptions, I’ll probably just asked her. when I’m ready to. But really tho.. why she had to do tha—

 

 “WA!”

“KYAAAA!” the second one is me, screaming because someone yelled behind me and woke up from my deep thought.

 “Gosh momorin… you scared me.”

“Hehe gotcha~” momo then sat beside me and gave me the drink that I wanted.

 

“Seems you were in a deep though earlier. Something troubled you?” okay mina cool down yourself and let’s see how actually she’ll react.

“I’m confused and curious about something..” I said

“What is it? maybe I can help?”

“mm.. well it’s about you..” okay mina let’s brave up and let’s find the truth.

“me? well then ask me anything, I’ll answer it.”

“Okay so.. I hea—“

 

*Ring Ring ring ring ring*

 

What a nice timing….. Momo’s phone suddenly rang and it cut my talk. She gave me an apologetic grin as she quickly took out the phone and picked it up. apparently it was from her mom and instead having a normal talk, momo kept protesting and whined throughout the call which then it ended shortly yet it made a huge disappointment stuck on her face.

 

“what’s wrong?”

“It’s my mom.. she said that my uncle and auntie just landed from japan and want to visit my house.. so I need to go back home.”

“It’s that so? then you can go home now. I’ll take taxi or bus.”

“What? no way. I’ll drive you back home.”

“But momoring, your house and mine are in opposite direction.”

“No. I’m driving you home. Besides.. if your sisters know I let you went home alone.. I’m done. It’s not just Jeongnam who will beat me up. Sharon too..”

“Really you don’t need to. I can explain it to—“

“Mina, the longer we debating, the longer I went back home.” Okay she wins.

“Fine… let’s go back home then.”

“okay. let’s go!”

 

I’ll asked her later then.. when we reach my home.


Myoui’s House

AUTHOR POV

Throughout the ride from park to mina’s house, the cars just filled with music and momo’s humming the songs. Apparently momo forget about things that mina wanted to ask her and mina decided to hold it for a bit since she’s still gathering her courage to ask and also hearing the answer.

And now, when momo already parked her car in front of mina’s house, both went out from the car and stood in front of mina’s gate and started to bid goodbye.

 

“Thank you for today mina.” said momo

“I think I should be the one who thank you. you’re the one who invite me so.. thank you momo.”

“ei.. you paid me lunch and ice cream.. I’m just buying tickets for you.”

“and thank you for that too.. really.”

 

Then silence. both just stood there and neither of them wanted to leave. Actually, mina trying to convince herself to start asking momo and after few seconds, she finally can gained confidence and started to brought up the talk again.

 

“Momo, remember that something about you made me confused?”

“Oh? the thing you’re thinking about in the park? Sorry because of my mom I forgot to bring that again.. sure, you can ask me now.”

“Okay. so.. why you lied to me?” momo’s smiley face turned to be a confused one as mina asked that

“Lied? What do you mean I lied?”

“I called sana earlier.” Just with mentioning sana’s named, the confused face in momo’s face turned pale, “She told me her father is indeed in hospital but for work. Not sick?”

“A-ah.. about that.. well.. I’m not lying tho.. h-he’s in hospital right?”

“right. but you made it sounds like he’s hospitalized. And sana told me that you are the one who asked her not to come today? why?”

“she told you that?? oh god. That girl really can’t keep shut.”

“She said you didn’t say that it’s a secret.” Momo let out a sigh after hearing that. well she’s absolutely realized that she’s indeed didn’t tell sana to keep shut about it.. so she can’t blame her either.

“You’re the one who told me that you want sana to come too.. But then sana said that you beg her not to come. Mind to explain it to me?”

 

This for the first time mina witnessing momo act shy and also nervous. Maybe mina had witness momo being nervous but panic nervous like what she usually has before her perform or when she wanted to have a big exam. But momo hunging her head low, playing with fingers and one or twice she bit her lips, this is new..

 

“w-well.. I’m sorry I lied to you. I didn’t mean it I swear. It just.. I only bought two tickets in the first place and only want to ask you.. but.. well.. I uh.. I’m just scared that you don’t want to if it’s just the two of us.. you see.. we’re rarely spent time together right? just you and me.. So yeah I lied..” said Momo

“But you told me that it’s supposed to be the three of us today? you know it’s been a while the three of us to hang out right?”

“I’m sorry if you disappointed..”

“no no no! it’s not like that momorin. It just you shouldn’t have lied like that. you’re not just giving false hope to me but also to sana. Since she’s so happy last night when she knew that we’re going to hang out together..”

“I know what I did is wrong.. I already apologized to sana too and I owe her a free hang out later. with you too of course. but the thing is.. actually.. uh.. I was planning to ask you directly that I want to go to that event with you.. but the moment you answered my call and you wanted to go with me, I suddenly feel afraid that you won’t like the idea just going with me so..i end up saying sana’s name too.. I’m sorry I won’t do that again I promise..”

 

So she’s actually want to ask me but she’s scared that I find it awkward? So.. she really want to have a date with me? well if I recall what happened today.. it’s really feels like a date.. maybe this is what sana meant by green light huh?

 

“Mitaan… are you mad at me?”

“No momorin.. I forgive you.”

“really??” Mina gave momo a smile and nod at her. seeing that, no more nervous + shy + panic + scared expression on momo’s face. it turned to be a relived.

“But next time, if you wanted to ask me on a date, just ask me okay?”

“D-date?” with that question, suddenly all confidence that built up inside mina’s heart automatically broke down and the shy mina came back

“n-ne? A-aren’t we just h-having date.. earlier?”

“wait.. you mean today is like the date, date?” mina’s face turned full red as momo asked her that.

“oh god.. i-I thought today is.. like that? W-well you keep doing sweet things to me and then holding my hand and such so I thought that we—“

“Ah! yes! yes it is!! I thought I’m the only one who thinks like that.. But since you also thinks like that, than yes! it’s a date. I meant all those sweet things. it’s a date, date.”

“S-so.. today is.. date?”

“yup. Not friendly date but a date.”

 

blushed were covering both of them and shy smiled craved on their face.

 

“I’ll be waiting and next time, please ask me properly okay momorin.”

“will do. until the next date, mitan..”

 “bye momorin.. Drive safe okay?”

“sure! I’m not jeongnam so don’t worry. hehe”

“right...” after Momo went inside her car, mina walked towards her front door and bid momo a last small waved then she went inside her house.

 

*BAAM* *THUD*

 Soon as she went inside her house, mina fell down on her feet as she suddenly feel weak. but weak in a good meaning. Like all her burden being lifted up all things that she hid, for these past days she tried to pretend that she doesn’t like momo, she finally let it all out. moreover, the way she saw how momo react.. this is the happiest day of her life..

 

*Woof* *woof*

 

Ray who sense the presence of mina, quickly ran towards her and greeted her. Mina who’s stil feel happy, hold him up and gave him a shower of kisses which the little man loves. After mina walked inside her house and met her two sisters sitting on sofa, eating chicken that they ordered.

“Tadaima~” said mina happily.

“okaeri.” After her two sisters greeted her back, mina gave each of them kisses

“Ugh mina.. put down ray first.. he’s going to still my food.” Then mina do what sharon said and again, gave her the kiss she missed.

While haven’t changing her clothes, mina sat on the vacant sofa and just looking at her sisters with huge smile plastered on her face. but since the two was too busy with their food, they don’t actually caught the weird thing that happened with mina. until suddenly mina told something shocking to them

 

“Sharon-ah, jeongnam-ah. I’m in love with someone”

 *cough cough cough*

After both done with their coughing, they took turns throwing WH question towards mina “WHAT? WHO? WHY? HOW?? SINCE WHEN?!”

“Won’t tell you who, but.. it’s been sooo long~”

“Yah mina. don’t hide it from us. we need to know who he is what kind of person he is.”

“Sharon. It’s not he. But she. And she’s the sweetest girl I ever met. Now excuse me, I want to take a bath and chilling in my room.”

“Wait mina! hey stop we need to talk!” mina ignored what jeongnam asked and just walked upstairs.

 

“Yah you know something?” asked Sharon.

“I was as shocked as you idiot.”

“you’re the one who’s been living with her. how can’t you know nothing.”

“Well she’s not the type who love to bring up this kind of topics.”

“But you should’ve kn—“

 

“By the way, I never tell anything to you guys because yoou guys are too protective so that’s what you get when you babied me too much. So instead of thinking about me, focus on getting your own love.”

 

And with that, both jeongnam and Sharon stop bickering. Instead, they gave each other a look and nod in agreement.

 

“let’s just join forces. Just for now. until we know who’s this girl.” Said Jeongnam

“sure. If you know who it is, don’t forget to tell me. I don’t want to miss the party.”

“deal.”



Author note:

Eyyooo!!! I’m aliveeeeee~~
So since in the last chapter kinda lack of mimo, I’m doing a full mimo chapter now (honestly I missed her so yea kkk) also, I know the development of MiMo is fast but I will try to make it interesting although it went too fast don’t worry.


Don’t forget to leave comment, subscribe and also upvote~ every single thing means a lot for me kekke

Thank you for reading and supporting this story!!! Love you guys!





Kamsahamnida