Chapter 14: Questions

Take Myoui Heart

Later on the same night, Myoui household 19.15pm

AUTHOR POV

Currently in the Myoui household, there are four people here. Sharon and Jihyo in living room, sitting on carpet beneath the coffee table, then Mina and Momo in the kitchen. Yes, Momo still here.

For Jihyo, after her shift in Soul Cafe was done, she and Sharon decided to do assignment together. Or more like Sharon demands Jihyo to finish the assignment together with her tonight. But apparently, the one who could entirely focus on doing the assignment was only Jihyo.

Jihyo, of course noticed this. the typing sound only came from hers and when she looked away from the screen, there she saw Sharon trying so hard to have a peek towards the kitchen--stretching her neck, elbow propped on the sofa cushion in attempt to have a clearer view,, observing or more like spying Mina and Momo. Although well... she couldn't clearly see since the view was a little bit blocked by walls.

That made Jihyo sigh in annoyance. Well, earlier Sharon a little bit forced her to do the assignment tonight, despite it still due two weeks from now. and since Jihyo was just finished from her shift—exhausted and lethargic, seeing Sharon didn't even do her assignment of course made Jihyo fumed.

 

"Myoui Sharon." despite the evident annoyance through Jihyo's tone, it didn't reach Sharon and the girl just hummed at the call.

"Do your assignment." Said Jihyo in between her typing something on her laptop.

"I'm doing i—Yah Jihyo. stop typing." Said Sharon out of the sudden

"Wha—"

"Shush."

"Excuse m—"

"Shuushh!"

 

 If this was a cartoon, flame and horn would appear behind Jihyo as background effect of her rage. Of course, all because of Sharon shush-ing her like that.

 

"Don't shush me! and weren't you the one who asked me to come here to do the assignment?"

"True." Despite Sharon answered Jihyo's question, she still trying her best to get clearer view of the kitchen

"and.. what are you doing now? Copying a Meerkat?"

"Sssh quiet. I can't barely see them so at least i need to hear what they're talking."

"Who?"

"Mina and Momo! those two are suspicious.."  said Sharon, half whispering.

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes and sigh after hearing such responds from Sharon. Really, she didn't have enough patience to deal with Sharon's antics.. She was too exhausted from school, work, and her annoyance upon Sharon teases still lingered. So of course she's not in her greatest mood and got irritated with Sharon's behaviors.

 

"Seriously, Sharon??"

"What?? They're still in the kitchen, spending time just by themselves for a quite long time, talking something and... oh! you hear that?? they way they giggle??" Sharon kept whispering when she said that, in case Mina and Momo could hear her.

"Oh come on.. are you going to get suspicious over everything?"

"Not everything. But Momo is suspicious. both of them are suspicious. now hear me out okay."

 

Now Sharon changed her focused on Jihyo, so ready to spill her theory. "don't you see what happened when we ate dinner together earlier.."

"see what?" asked Jihyo. Her tone were flat, clearly she's unamused with this but still tried to sound like she is.

"how they interact?? their vibe? Those two aren't like how best friend usually act.. They have this weird vibe like... like they're in love with each other. The way they giggle to each other's jokes, the way they attentively listen when they talk.. There's something there."

 

Once again Jihyo rolled her eyes after hearing what Sharon said

 

"You blow things out of proportions... Don't you think you're just making your own theory because you knew Mina having a crush on someone and you're desperate to know her identity?"

"Nope. I've analyzed every small clue and data from my observation on them. Momo is the girl and just so you know. The crush, is already developed into the girlfriend."

"Really? Dating? Them?" Asked Jihyo with the flattest tone and she got a firm nod from Sharon.

"Okay.. now you're making things up.. dating? how do you come up with that?"

"Jihyo..i heard Mina said 'love you too' to someone on the phone in a middle of the night and it was on our birthday. That's such girlfriend behaviour."

"Was it Momo though?"

"Well.. not sure but—"

"See. Since You're not sure, then drop the allegation. Besides, on my 18th birthday, Nayeon eonni did the same thing like that and she became the first one who congrats me. no biggy."

"Wait, Nayeon eonni did WHAT?" Asked Sharon, with a little bit of emphasized in the 'what' word.

 

"She called me and congratulated me for turning 18."

"In the middle of the night?" And Jihyo nod at the question.

"Did she... Did she say she loves you??"

"Yes she did." Jihyo answered that nonchalantly.

 

 

after that, Sharon just stared at Jihyo. Brows frowned, hand slightly holding her chin like she was in a deep thought. Jihyo wanted to act normal, but knowing she was being stared with that kind of look.. of course she chose to run from the threat.

 

 

"Y-yah. Drop the scary frown... You know what, let's just continue the assignment and drop this nonsense already,, You need to stop being nosy." and Jihyo went back to focus on her laptop screen. or more like she tried to switch her focus back to her laptop, to ignore Sharon's stare,

 

"Yah, Park Jihyo." Jihyo just hummed

"Are you...Nayeon eonni's girlfriend?"

"I'm her WHAT???” This time, Jihyo the one put the loud emphasized on her 'What'.. Yes. She is very very surprised with Sharon’s question.

“Or are you her ex?”

“Hold on… Where this wild thought even came from?"

"She once called you in the middle of the night to celebrate your birthday and she said she loves you. if that's not girlfriend thing then what?"

"Normal thing?"

"But you.. Love her?"

"Yes"

 

Suddenly Sharon stood up and went to Jihyo, she sat so close to her with huge curiosity pictured on her face. Of course, the close proximity made Jihyo leaned back a bit, tried to make a distance.

 

"So you have feelings for her?" asked Sharon

"N-no.. Yah! you're too close.. move back.." Although Jihyo tried to push Sharon away, the girl didn't fudge and still went closer.

"What do you mean.. You said you love her but you don't have feelings for her? don't lie to me Park."

"I'm not lying. I can say I love her with no romantic feeling attached. She is my friend and I love her." 

 

There were another silence after that. Sharon eyes still locked to Jihyo, and Jihyo still tried her best to act normal by pretending to read something on her laptop. Untill suddenly, Sharon threw a question that made Jihyo heart skipped.

 

"What about me?"

"W-what about you?”

"Do you love me??"

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

"W-well... Yes... I do love you." 

 

Expression slightly changed on Sharon's face and Jihyo noticed it.  How Sharon tried to fight a smile from erupting on her face.. It’s too obvious. But somehow, Jihyo found the urge to clarify her statement by adding a bit of detail as she said, "As a friend."

 

“Hm?”

"Same like how i feel for Nayeon eonni. B-but you're slightly higher since you are my best friend since we’re little although i hate you too.. sometimes but anyway yeah. I love you. As a friend.”

 

Honestly when those words came out from her own mouth, Jihyo felt a bit of a pinch on her chest which it turned into a bit more painful after she got Sharon's responds.

 

"Ah.. right, I see.. As friends." after she said that, Sharon stood up and went back to her previous seat.

 

Something tickles in Jihyo's heart after that. Like part of her thinks that maybe.. maybe Sharon was dissapointed that Jihyo didn't mean it as in romantic way.. But she still strong with her own believe and tried to threw away those thoughts, bury her own feelings. And she chose this moment to , a rare chance for her to tease Sharon.

 

"Wait.. Did you.. think that i meant it in romantic way? hm? is it true, Sharon?" Jihyo asked that by hovering herself on the table with both her elbows supported her and she gave Sharon a smudgy smirk.

 

but Sharon turned the table

 

"If it's true.. then what?" and that caught Jihyo off guard. the smirk on her face gone and turned into confused face. especially after she saw how serious Sharon face were.

"Ne?" that's the only thing that came out from her

"what if i indeed thought that you love me in romantic way? what would you do about it?"

"W-well. i uh—"

"Yes. I thought that you love me in romantic way.."

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

once again the thumping on Jihyo's heart went crazy. She didn't know if it's because the thought that Sharon might have feelings for her, or she was panic that she might hurt her feelings because she for being friendzoned.. or maybe both.

 

“I mean….” Jihyo held her breath for a moment when Sharon said that, by hovering herself closer to Jihyo and paused for a bit.

 

until a smirk popped off as she said,

 

"You are my girlfriend. of course i thought you meant it romantically."

"OH MY GOD MYOUI SHARON!!!"

 

Jihyo's face were red, and her brows were frowned. She was both mad and embarrassed after being teased by Sharon once again. Sharon? oh the girl was having so much fun and she's laughing

 

"You should've seen your face.." Said Sharon in between her laugh

"Not funny, Myoui."

"For you. For me? Yes."

"God.. you're so annoying! I thought i hurt your feelings or something."

"Relax, i was just messing with you. Besides, I know you won't love me in that type of way. I'm too annoying to be your type,, right?"

"Yeah... R-right.."

 

There were slight pinch of pain after Jihyo said that. She knew it felt so wrong for her to say that out loud. But she didn't have much choice. Especially after seeing how Sharon still smile and riding out her laughter. Sharon only wanted to . Sharon didn't and never felt that way towards her. things that happened on that party, meant nothing to her and Jihyo really need to stop thinking about it..

 

"A-anyway now you got my point right? anyone could love someone even if their not dating or whatsoever. So just drop your theory about mina being in relationship and just focus doing the assignment."

"Okay grumpy."

"I wonder whose fault is it." and after that, Sharon woke her screen from sleeping mode and started to do the assignment.

 

"conceal Jihyo. forget it. " said Jihyo internally, while she also continue her work.

 

"Oh, Jihyo-ya." Sharon suddenly called her and that made Jihyo lifted up her vision from her laptop to Sharon.

"I love you too by the way." Said Sharon with smile

"Yeah yeah as a friend or as your one time pretentious girlfriend, whatever. I won’t fall for your trick."

 

Sharon didn't say anything and just smile. But that smile was confusing for Jihyo. it didn't seems like a teasing smile because it looks softer and somehow looks like she meant something through it. That's made Jihyo slightly panic.

 

"Y—yah..Wha—"

 

*Riingg* *riing*

"Myoui here." And Sharon mouthed 'work' to Jihyo before she flee out of the living room to answer the phone, left Jihyo hanging from how she smiled at her.

 

"She... Was.. messing around.. right? There's no way she meant as—"

 

 

"Hey Ji—"

*THUD*

"Oh my..  are you okay?"

 

That was Mina who asked, worried because Jihyo just bumped her knee quite hard on the table. Although she sounded like, she tried to hold her laugh when she asked that.

 

"I'm.. f-fine just startled.."

"Sorry for that then.." Said Mina, still holding her laugh

"You got no bruse or any scar? that thud was quite hard.." said Momo,

"I'll be fine.. a-anyway.. was there something you guys wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh right.. we heard you yelled Sharon's name earlier... Just curious about it.. Did something happened? OH OH! did Sharon do something stupid? oh wait. i don't think it's possible for her to be silly... But it'll be fun to know if she did that!"

 

Momo was a bit too enthusiastic with that. maybe because she doesn't know sharon well and since sharon is her 'future sister-in-law', she just excited to find that out.

 

"Our understanding of 'stupid' things might be different, but yeah she did stupid thing."

"Stupid as doing silly and goof things?" JIhyo shook her head upon Momo's question

"Ah.. she tease you again, didn't she?" asked Mina

 

A sigh of frustration and annoyance came out from Jihyo and it followed by her saying,

"Yes.. God.. your sister became way more annoying after she arrived from US."

"Maybe she just missed spending time with you." and that made a blush appeared on Jihyo's face

"Or she just finds it fun and amusing to tease you." And Momo ruined the mood and she got a soft nudged from Mina who tried to build up 'lovey-dovey' vibe that could help Jihyo tried to acknowledge her feelings for Sharon.

 

"W-whatever. Let's not talk about her.. Now, let's talk about you two."

"Hm? Did we do something wrong?"

"No, i just want to warn you. You guys need to keep things lowkey if you don't want Sharon to notice."

That made Mina stunned. She never told Jihyo anything about her feelings to Momo or the current circumstance between them. Yet here she is.. talking like she already knew it.

 

"Eh? did sh--"

"T-there's nothing between me and Momo." Mina cut Momo quick, and with that.. Momo finally knew that apparently, Mina hasn't told Jihyo about them.

"Mina, Sharon is away and on a call. No need to deny it."

 

Seeing Jihyo gave her a smudgy smirk, Mina then turned down her guard and open up to her.

 

"How did you.. know?"

"Hm.. I don't remember when but i saw you got smitten over Momo."

"You smitt--"

"Same with you Miss Hirai. I saw you drolling when Mina performed with her crew."

"N-NO! I-I never droll.. You are stunning and hot but.. no. i didn't droll like a freak."

 

Momo's panic brought laughter to both of them

 

"Anyway.. Sharon supected that both of you are dating. She said that you guys looked like you're so in love with each other and have that kind of vibe.. Which is true. especially you, Miss Hirai. You're so obvious."

"D-did i?"

"Yes.. but i know you can't help it. My advice, either you tell her right away or never seat side by side when Sharon around. She could be oblivious sometimes but she is not as oblivious as Jeongnam and she is observant so.. you need to dim down a bit."

"Thank you for the heads up.." and then Mina added, "But we're not dating."

"Really? you're still trying to den--"

"No, really Jihyo.. We're not dating.. Yet." Said Momo to support Mina's word.

"But Sharon said that Mina and her crush already dating.. which in this case, Momo."

 

and that made Mina suprised. "Sharon did?"

 

"Yes. Apparently she overheard you said 'love you too' through phone on your birthday night."

"Oh.. So they really heard it..." said Mina

"Were you guys on the phone that night?" and Jihyo got a nod from Mina and Momo

"B-but we aren't dating... We already knew each other feelings but we're still not dating." Said

"Let me guess.. because of your nosy sisters?" And MIna meekly gave Jihyo a nod

"I'll try to talk to them if you want."

"Really??"

"Yeah.. it annoys me so much knowing them being overly protective and overly nosy about you.. It needs to stop.." Said Jihyo

 

"You don't mind? i mean i hid it from you for so long and now out of the sudden i revelead it to you and ask you to do something for me."

"Hey, i'm the one who threw the suggestion  so it's fine and if you feel guilty for hiding your feeling or situation with Momo, Don't be. It's not that i don't hide anything from you too, right?"

"Thank you..."

"It's nothing.. But Mina, you should be the one who tell them directly okay..."

"Yes, I will.."

 

"What about me? is there anything i could do do? i wanna help too.."

"Just dim down your whippness."

"I-I'm not whipped!"

"You are.."

"Whoa.. Can't believe this. I'm not whipped right, Mitang?"

"Maybe... a bit?"

 

After hearing that, Momo gave such an overly dramatic gasp, face looked shocked, hands on her chest and said "i feel so betrayed." And then she dramatically left the scene towards Mina's room.

 

"Dont mind her she probably was just doing her acting thingy that she usually does." Said Mina

"Damn she is such a dork."

"My dork." And that made Jihyo threw her a suprised yet amazed face on her which mina replied with a shy giggle.

"Whoa.. where does the shy meek blushy little Mina go?"

"Still here..” Said Mina with slight redden face.

“anyway i'm gonna go up and help Momo pack up she has assignment for tomorrow so she needs to go home early.. Later~" and mina left


The Next day, Mina's room.

MINA POV

After we finished our classes, me, Sana, and Momo went to my house and hangout together. At first we wanted to stroll at Hongdae or went to nearby cafe and just do usual hangout. But I'm still lack of energy after being sleep deprived yesterday so we chose my house as the hangout place.

Actually we're not just laying around and did nothing.. Sana brought up the conversation that she had with Jeongnam yesterday. How she tried to convince Jeongnam to be less protective towards me and let me like whoever i wanna like.

After hearing everything from her about Jeongnam's responds and also her reasons, truthfully i already had a gist that all those unpleasant things that happened to me back when we were little, were the main factor of her protectiveness.

But like what Sana also told her.. I've grown and each year i became braver and more confident with myself, overcame my shyness and lack of social skills. Dance helped me a lot, and being friends with someone like Jihyo, Momo, Sana, and Nayeon eonni.. of course i would at least 'copied' their energy and tried to be on the same wavelength.

Well anyway.. although there wasn't any clear result since Jeongnam cut off the conversation, it seems like she got the point and might going to consider it.. But i guess, i still need more time to prepare myself before talking about this with Jeongnam..

 

"Say Mitang.... If you want to talk to Jeongnam or to Sharon too about us.. We can.. you know.. talk together? I mean i could give you strength and confident. And and i definitely could back you up.."

"Thank you, Momoring.. but i think it's better if I'm the one who talk to them first.."

"But.." I smiled and scooch closer to her, and caressed her hair

"I know you want to help and support me.. But l don't want anything bad happened between you and my sisters. So it's better that you remain anonymous, while i try to convince them."

 

pout appeared on her face after I said that and of course.. i couldn't hold myself not to hug her.

 

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with my protective sisters..." i said while hugging her

 

"Talking about protective sisters... I've been thinking that there's probably other reason behind Jeongnam's over protectiveness." Said Sana out of the sudden

 "Hm? like what?" I asked

"I don't know... Maybe she is afraid that she'll lose you? you know.. afraid of being left out?"

"eh?? how could you come up with that?"

 

I was too surprised by Sana's statement as it made me let go my hug from momo to focus all my attention on her.

 

"Well, i remembered you said that she grew more and more protective to you after Sharon left. I guess it might've effecting her and since she didn't want to lose you, the only sister around her.. she kept you close. didn't want anyone to take you away from her."

"Oh right.. that's kinda make sense.." said Momo

"mmm... I'm not sure about that. Yes she is indeed effected by Sharon's departure but i guess its more like because it used to be her and Sharon job to protect me and since Sharon left, she thought it fully became her responsibility."

"That.. make sense too.. But when i asked her whether she was afraid to lose you or not, her respond was weird? like i might be in the right direction and seems like she tried to hide it with her usual snarky words and cut off the topic. so fishy." said Sana

"Wait.. Did Jeongnam ever being left by someone important to her before??"asked momo

"Except Sharon.. then no? I don't think she's ever being left by someone as sudden as Sharon..."

"How sudden was it?"

"She told us one day before her flight.."

"See! That proofed my theory!" Said Sana

 

Despite Sana said that surely, i don't really agree with her. All because of how Jeongnam and Sharon used to be like since we were kids..

 

"I don't know about that though... You see.. They rarely in good term.. Since we were kids, Jeongnam and Sharon is like Tom and Jerry. always bickers every single time, competing with each other and rarely in peace. After Sharon left, things got worsen between them, especially from Jeongnam's side.. Jeongnam despises her so much like every single thing that related to Sharon needed to be thrown away even as simple as nickname. Jeongnam didn't even want to know anything about Sharon anymore and completely shut her out of her life... So like what i just said earlier. If Sharon's departure effecting her, the only thing came from it was just hatred i guess.."

"Was it really bad between them? Like.. they really never rely on each other or something else?"

"Of course not. We're still sisters after all. Despite them always bickers, Jeongnam once or twice asked Sharon's help. I do believe she went to Sharon first when she couldn't do thing by herself.. Although.. that probably rare though.."

 

and that made both of them silence, guess they're trying to process every single thing that i told them.. they were so into their own thoughts which it was shown by their frowned brows.

Until momo spoke with voice full of confusion and shocked.

 

"One day? really? literally one day before she left? I mean.. both of you are her sisters.. but.. why??" asked Momo once again. seems like she still couldnt believe what i told her.

"Well yes, it was really just a day before her departure. We were having a breakfast and suddenly she blurted that... at first we thought it was a sudden offer and we understand that--well at least me... Although later we knew that she told Jihyo prior about this almost like.. A week before? So apparently it wasnt a sudden offer like what we thought."

"what? Did she ever tell you why?" and i shook my head to answer it

"But i believe she did that because it's hard for her to say goodbye to us.. Since when we were on our way to the airport, Sharon won't let go her hug on me. So I assumed that probably her reason why she didn't tell us right away and with that,  i didn't feel bad at all.."

"And.. Jeongnam?" i gave a small smile and said,

"She didn't even want to  drop her off."

 

After i said that, Sana went into her deep thinking mode. Like she tried to analyze the information i just gave her earlier and probably reassest her 'theory' or more like assumption i guess..

 

"Okay here's what i thought. As we all know. Jeongnam is a tsundere. So despite she seem hates Sharon very much, maybe she actually sad about it. Then she couldn't deal with Sharon's sudden departure well and felt like she was being left behind. Sharon's departure made her afraid to be left and since she didn't want you to leave her like how Sharon did, she became way way more protective over you and won't let anyone or anything take you away from her."

"Honestly, it sounds reasonable. But again.. I don't think it's true based on how Jeongnam completely despise Sharon.. I mean don't you see how snarky she got if its about Sharon?"

"Or maybe.. She acted like that to Sharon probably due to dissapointment for being left?" asked Sana

"Well... That's... possible actually.. But i honestly couldn't believe that because I rarely saw them in a good term. like okay maybe there were chease fire for few moments but they'll soon sparked another fight just because a small thing.. Unless.."

"Unless?"

"There were something happened between them in the past that i don't even know ever happened."

"There's something you didn't know?"

 

and that question.. made me sigh. yet i still try to smile.. and of course, that made both Momo and Sana worried as they schooced closer to me— held my hand immedietly.

 

"They always see me as the youngest child and they always see themselves as the oldest one so... None of them wanted to look weak, troubled and vulnerable in front of me and they either hold it for themselve, or talk it with each other."

"Oh Mitang..." and that made Sana and Momo hugged me, patted my head gentley.

"when they encountered hardship and i noticed, they'll lied to me, acted like there were nothing. but there were few times i saw them secretly cried to my mom or for jeongnam case, i saw her being cheered by Sharon.. so yeah.. i guess.. there's something happened back then that i don't even know ever exist.."

 

Sana the first one who broke the hug to say,

"I think the three of you should sit together and talk. You bring up their overprotective-ness and slowly try to talk about Momo, and sort things up between sharon and Jeongnam issues.."

"I'm planning to do that but.. couldnt find the confidence." Momo tighten her hug after I said that. Oh yes..Momo hadn't let go of her hug. She still clungs herself on me

"It's okay.. take your time. But you need to remember this. No matter what happened, they are still your sisters.. your family. The bond wont gone as easy as that.." said sana

"And you are not alone. You have me, Sana, Jihyo, and Nayeon eonni incase you need safe & peace place." Said Momo

 

I couldn't react anything more than saying my gratitude to them. The very best friend of mine that never ever leave my side since the first time i met them. "Arigatou.."

 

"Aww.. miiiittaaaaang.."

 

And i got another group hug thanks to that


AUTHOR POV

Now time already shown 8pm yet the trio still upstairs, in Mina’s room hanging out together. Jeongnam was playing with her guitar downstairs in the living room, while eyes locked towards blank TV and accompanied by soft growl from Ray who’s busy having a fight with his toy.

There’s no particular reason why she did that. Playing instrument is her hobby since she was little and spending this kind of things is normal for her. And during this time, she usually came out with a new song just by playing a random melody with her guitar. She played something and if the melody was firmed, she’ll hummed through the song.

And apparently, she caught one too this time. After few strumming combined with hummed and it turned to be quite good, she took her phone and clicked the voice record app then played the same exact melody she did earlier.

The melody was rather matched for upbeat and fun rock-alternative song. At least that was she imagined on her head. She strummed her guitar hard while sometimes jamming on it, moved her body back and forth following the strummed.

 

“That’s sounds like a fun song.”

 

The sudden voice broke Jeongnam’s excitement from her music and made her quickly paused the record button.

 

“Oh my! Sorry for interrupting you.. I didn’t know you were recording it..” said the girl

“It’s fine. No need to apologize for that.” Then Jeongnam added, “Do you need something, Sana?” yes the girl is sana who suddenly came down from upstairs

“No, actually. I was about to go to the rest room but then I could hear you guitar and your humming from upstairs so.. I decided to go down here.”

“oh.. I see.”

 

Then silence. No one talked and once again Ray’s growl dominated the room.

 

Actually, Sana came out from Mina’s room not to go to the rest room… she was actually wanted to talk to Jeongnam and maybe could get more info about her past.. Things that Mina didn’t know. And with this silence, Sana thought this was her chance to talk since it didn’t seems like Jeongnam wanted to start a conversation..

But before Sana even say a word, Jeongnam stood up and moved to other sofa. Away from the previous one where Sana also sat at. This of course made Sana confused. But the way Jeongnam stayed silent, eyes looking at other place except Sana’s face, and fingers weirdly playing with the guitar’s string.. Sana knew well this kind of gesture.

 

“Does what happen yesterday still bothers you?”

And that caught Jeongnam’s attention.

“You keeping distance with me now, acting all awkward an weird.. I knew the drill this isn’t the first time you act like this.” Said sana since Jeongnam didn’t say a word. And apparently, her guess was right as Jeongnam gave her a nod

“Look, sana I’m really so—”

Sana’s sigh made Jeongnam stopped her words. But it wasn’t a frustrated sigh. Sana let out the sigh still with a small smile on her face. Then she added, “We really need to stop being in this cycle. You did something that you thought it hurt me, felt guilty about it then you kept thinking about it over and over again, then you tried to make a distance from me, I realized that and you apologize… really. We need to stop that. I told you I’m fine with it. I was at fault too…”

“But i—”

“Listen Jeongnam… I know and I understand that you need time to understand your feelings. I get that. now all I want you to do, is take your time and try to figure things with your own way. If you need my help, I’m glad to help.. and don’t rush it… I’ll wait for you no matter what. So take your time.. I’m not going anywhere either.”

 

Somehow after hearing that words from Sana, Jeongnam face turned tense. She wasn’t look like she felt guilty or sorry like before anymore. She looked… mad.

 

“I’ve seen this movie before and it ended up being such a bull.” That made Sana shocked. Like really shocked. She didn’t expect Jeongnam would snap like that.

“I’m sorry.. Did I say something wrong?”

“You never know what happened in the future. So don’t easily throw that kind of fake hope like that.”

“fake hope? What do you mea—oh.. was this about me saying that I’m not going anywhere?”

 

Jeongnam didn’t answer Sana’s question and just turned her focus on her guitar. Giving a sign to Sana that she didn’t want to talk about it. Usually, Sana pressed or force people to talk. But somehow she could sense that the thing Jeongnam hid is quite deep and Sana didn’t want to force her to say things she didn’t want to talk about. So.. this time, she yield out.

 

“Okay I’m sorry. I’ll make sure not to say that so easily.” Hearing Sana’s apology made Jeongnam sigh.

“it’s fine. Sorry I snapped.” And after that, Jeongnam suddenly stood up and moved back to where she sat before—the same one with sana.

 

But she didn’t say anything.. just sat there.. and once again, Sana the one who inisiate the talk. Also it’s an attempt to cool down the tense mood..

 

“Hey, the one you played earlier sounds good. Mind if I listen it one more time? From up close?”

 

 

Jeongnam was hesitated. The thoughts of having Sana right beside her when she played her guitar while humming random things kinda made her feel… shy. Yes Jeongnam had been performed in front of tons of people countless time but.. don’t know why this made her nervous.

 

“W-which one?”

“The one I interrupted.”

“Oh.. that..”

 

But the way Sana looked, made jeongnam chose to ignore the shyness as she answered Sana’s request with a gesture. She made a space on the sofa for Sana to sit and tilted her head towards her left—a sign for Sana to come close. And of course, that made Sana smiled and quickly sat beside Jeongnam.

 

“W-well.. okay. I want to re-record it anyway since you interrupted it.”

“Yeay!!”

“Listen, this unfinished and random melody could be Sixteen's new song and I need to record it. So.. Don’t say a word until I finished.”

“I promise I won’t let out any sound. Girl scouts swear.” Jeongnam frowned at that

“You were…. a girl scout?”

“Nope.” Said Sana confidently. “I just find it cool.”

That made Jeongnam scoffed and said, “Dork.” Then she proceed to focus preparing to record her song.

 

Sana? Well the girl blushed after seeing Jeongnam’s small smile from up close. But her smitten moment changed after the sound of guitar filled the room and later followed by Jeongnam’s hum.

It was just a hum and sometimes changed to ‘dadada’, but Sana still finds it beautiful. It wasn’t a soft song, nor the melody sounds romantic but again.. Sana just mesmerized by every melody Jeongnam played. Call her whipped or whatever but she loves this side of Jeongnam.. Well she fell in love with Jeongnam after she watched Sixteen’s first stage so yea of course she’s enjoying this moment and couldn’t help but stare.

But the stare made Jeongnam quite uneasy and distracted her that she had to stop.

 

“Sana..”

“What? What did I do? I didn’t do anything!”

“Does the intense stare really necessary?” asked Jeongnam

“Mmm…Why not?” Sana asked, genuinely confused.

“Its.. kinda….. burdening.”

“what? Why? I was just looking at your beautiful face and admiring how cool you are holding that guitar.”

“ugh… Just look somewhere else.”

“And if I don’t want to?”

“I’m not gonna play again.” Said Jeongnam as she about to lay her guitar on top of the coffee table.

“Oh come on… I usually saw you perform from far away, in between tons of people.. Why I can’t get the experience of seeing and hearing you perform from up close?”

A sigh came out from Jeongnam and followed by, “Its not that you can’t. it just—You know what, if you still want me to continue it, then turn around and look somewhere else.”

“Bu—”

“Sana… You still can enjoy the sound without looking at me…”

 

There were a short silent pause after that. But then Sana’s lips slowly craved a smirk as she realized the whole situation.

 

“Wait… Were you nervous because I kept staring?”

“Nervous? Psh please. Why should i? Told you it’s burdening.”

 

And there she is. The old Myoui Tsundere Jeongnam. Sana was so used to it and whenever Jeongnam said things with that kind of tone but didn’t even look at her, she knew that she switched to her tsundere mode.

 

“Reaaally??”

And that made Jeongnam rolled her eyes. “W-whatever. Weren’t you supposed to go to rest room or something? Go pee or whatever you were about to do and stop bothering me.”

“Okay okay fine.. I won’t stare at you. But let me hear you play one last time.. please?”

“Fine. But if I feel you staring at me, I’ll stop.”

“I’ll try my best not to look a—” Jeongnam suddenly stood up and that made Sana panic as she said “Okay! Okay I’m joking. I won’t look at you. Promise!” And that made Jeongnam went back to her seat

“I’ll give my back on you so I won’t see you. Now go on continue.”

 

Sana was really turning her back on Jeongnam. Looking towards the front door direction and entirely didn’t have any sight of Jeongnam. Without she knew, Jeongnam smiled a little because of how sana acted. Well she herself didn’t realize it either that she smiled.

 

Then the same music could be heard again. Sana tried her best not to turn around or not to peek. The melody was so fun to hear and Sana wanted more. Her body started to jamming to the song as she bopped her head a little. But her movement stopped until Jeongnam suddenly sang

 

“I can feel you watching even when you no where to be seen.. nanananananana..” The lyric was short but that caught Sana’s attention.

 

“did she just.. made a lyric inspired by.. me? Or I’m just being delusional?” Said sana internally.

 

Not long after that, no music could be heard and Sana took that chance to ask.

 

“That lyric.. you sang earlier.”

“what’s up with it?”

“did you.. perhaps.. thought about me?”

“No? of course not.”

 

Seeing Jeongnam denied it made the flustered Sana, changed to playful sana real quick as she ready to tease Jeongnam.

 

“Oh come on~ don’t be shy.. Just admit it that I was the reference of that lyric.”

A disbelief scoffed came out from Jeongnam and she said, “It’s literally not you. It was about him.”

 

Sana followed Jeongnam’s finger as she pointed the other side of the coffee table where a pair of small eyes peeking towards them.

 

“You were.. talking about.. Ray?”

“Yeah.”

“He was the reference for that lyric??”

“Yes. I was focus playing earlier and felt like someone staring at me.. Apparently it was him.”

“Oh… I see..”

 

Sana felt so embarrassed for what she said. She was so sure that Jeongnam got inspired by her.. the thought of Jeongnam creating a song with her as reference made her full of herself. She even wanted to tease Jeongnam for it.. of course she felt ashamed as she lower her head scratched her crown.

 

“Well. I’m going to my studio and try to make something from this.”

“Oh.. yeah sure..”

 

Seeing Sana couldn’t even lift up her head due to embarrassment, made Jeongnam wanted to laugh. But she held it and just smiled at it. She then walked towards the staircase, followed by the little ray. Meanwhile, Sana kept cursing at herself internally for being delusional.

Until

 

“Hey Sana.”

“Y-yeah?”

“Ray wasn’t the only one.” And then she left, locked herself in her studio upstairs.. leaving Sana with her own thought.

 

“does she mean.. I was.. right? That.. that the lyric she sang earlier was referred to me??” after few second of connecting the dots, Sana stood up and stomped her feet happily while let out a happy muzzled squeal.

 

Despite there were still so many unanswered question about Jeongnam, Sana still happily skipped her step towards Mina’s room, felt so happy that Jeongnam kinda wrote a song with her as reference. Totally set aside the intention to get to know more about things that Jeongnam hides.

 



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi there! I’m back!!

Beside this update, I also have a good news to deliver! By the end of December, I chose to resign from my hellish work. And guess what? I might be able to write more frequently after that! yeay!!
So you guys probably could expect a frequent update later. Not an once per few months update like i usually do these days.. (lol sorry.)
And well just a little TMI. I also wanted to pursue things related with writing for my future career. Wish me good luck for that! ^^

Anyway! Hope you guys enjoy this update and let me know your thoughts!
And oh! Please do anticipate for next update because hehehe.. something interesting might happen~



That’s all from me! Bye bye and thanks for reading this story!!

Love, Akkergo





Kamsahamnida