Release day/House visit

Broken Mirrors

     On the day of my release I was forced to walk before they let me go, it was painful at first but after stretching out my back for a few minutes I felt a little better. The hospital was so strict with Taeyeon, she wasn’t allowed to stop paying attention to what they said or else I couldn’t go home with her. Taeyeon had to learn my schedule for medication, she had to be told what to do if any of my stitches ripped and she was told we had to refrain from any ual , I of course got embarrassed while Taeyeon giggled and punched me softly in the arm.

 

3 hours later,

 

    I was free from the hospital and I still had Taeyeon. When we got in the car she asked me told me, “Tiffany, We have to go get all of stuff that’s left from the fire. Are you up to it?” She stayed focused till we got to a stop light and looked at me for a response. ‘I think so. Do you know what is left?’ The light turned green and she to the road where my old home once was placed, “A few pictures, clothing and some of your old toys.” She giggled and pulled into the drive way and I noticed the front of the house was still intact, ‘Taeyeon, My house still looks the same’ She frowned “The inside of the house isn’t pretty.” She got out of the car and motioned for me to follow.” I got out and stared at her and reached for her hand to hold.

 

    We walked into the black, charcoaled house. I looked around and saw in the old living room was my clothing, toys and pictures of only me and my umma. ‘Taeyeon, did you put these all down here?’ Taeyeon frowned “No your dad did, He wants to demolish the house so he can rebuild it for his new wife…” Her voice trailed off and I glared at her ‘Taeyeon, What are you talking about? New wife? My mom just died’ She looked down “Tiffany, I found this out from your mom a few weeks ago…” Her voice trailed off again, “Your dad had filed for divorce..” I stood there unable to believe what Taeyeon had just told me, when I heard another female voice walk into the house.