The Fire *Last Flash Back*

Broken Mirrors

    I ran into my house and saw my umma laying on the ground and fire quickly growing around her. "Umma!" I screamed and ran to her; I shook her a few times and started crying "Umma! Umma! Wake up!" Behind me I heard the roof start falling into the house. "Umma we have to go!" I got up and started to drag her to the back door "Umma wake up please" I begged her "Umma please!" A bar holding up the roof fell landing in-between me and my umma, I screamed when the fire burnt my arms "Umma! Umma! Please wake up now" I sat down and screamed near her when another bar came down and landed on my back, pinning me to the ground and screamed. Slowly, I felt like I was drifting into a sleep...It was so forceful I let it over power me and I left silently into what I thought would be death.

    I woke up and my father was sitting next to me, he looked displeased but sat up when he felt me looking at him. "Tiffany, Your mother is dead" He stood up and walked out of the room, I started crying but no sound came out of my mouth. I started to panic, "Why can’t I speak?" I heard the heart monitor start to beep quickly and a young nurse, looking in her early 20's came in and held on to me and laid me back. "Can you hear me?" I nodded, She continued "In the fire you where pinned down by a bar, crushing your lungs and burning your vocal cords" I continued to stare at her, the tears came shortly later and she held my hand and attempted to comfort me.

    "The paramedics said you tried to save her" She smiled slightly at me "You’re a good girl Tiffany, this isn’t your fault" I cried harder and she turned around and pulled a note pad and pen out of the bedside drawer, "Use this to speak to me," She smiled and handed me the note pad and pen "This will be your only form of communication till we bring in the teacher to teach you sign language" She stood up and walked to the door "There is a girl here to see you," my eyes lit up "Her name is Taeyeon?" She smiled at me "Do you want to see her?" I smiled and nodded quickly "Uh, Tiffany I think you should see something before I bring her in" I frowned and she pulled a mirror out of her pocket and saw the huge mark starting from my shoulder and ending at my ribs. "Do you still want to see her?" I lifted the grown and covered my scar and nodded slowly.