The Hospital

Broken Mirrors

    When Taeyeon walked to my hospital room, I felt so ashamed of my burn that I continuously kept pulling up the hospital gown, which she noticed every time and it was more noticeable when she hugged me and I streaked. Of course I played it like she had touched the burn on my forearm but the usual Taeyeon argued with me that she never touched the burn on my arm. After 2 hours of visiting with her, she finally got fed up and pulls my gown down revealing the horrific burn. She covered and sat back, "Tiffany why didn’t you show me this?" She sighed "What other marks do you have that I can’t see?" I pulled the back of my gown down, showing the biggest burn on my body, where at piece of the wood ceiling fell and hit me. She tapped my good shoulder and told me to turn around. "Tiffany?" I looked down "You know I still love you, right?" She tilted her head and brought herself down to my height and nudged my head, attempting to get a kiss.

    It took a few hours before I was able to smile at Taeyeon. She didn’t mind my silence; She was also extremely patient while I wrote down what I needed to say. at 5:30PM, my dinner came in and had to fight Taeyeon, I wasn’t hungry but she wouldn’t let me be about eating so after 20 minutes of getting scolded, I ate some rice, meat and vegetables Taeyeon nodded in approval.

    When 6PM came around I knew my sign language teacher would be showing up, I wrote down that if she wants she can leave. Taeyeon laughed and shook her head "Tiffany, I need to learn sign language to speak with you right?" I nodded "I already talked to your teacher and she said I can stay and learn" I smiled and hugged her softly "I also signed up to learn sign language at our school, They are also putting you in it too" My eyes opened huge and Taeyeon giggled and knew I dreaded going back to school, “Tiffany, you can drop out of school just because of this, Your too smart" I looked down and grabbed my pad and wrote 'Pani, They are going to make fun of me' Taeyeon grabbed my hand "Tiffany, they won’t understand at first but you have to give it a chance?" She smiled and my sign language teacher walked in.

    "Hello Tiffany, I’m Mrs. Kwon, Yuri's mom" I smiled and wrote on my pad 'I didn’t know you could do sign language, It’s nice to see you again' She looked at Taeyeon "Hi Taeyeon, How are you holding up?' Taeyeon sighed, "Its hard seeing Tiffany like this' Mrs. Kwon smiled "You have to be strong for Tiffany" She looked back at me "Tiffany, today I’m going to teach you some basics today like Thank you, How are you, I love you and other small things you need to know when you outside the hospital. Oh speaking of that," She grabbed a piece of paper out of her pocket, "They said you will be released from the hospital in 1 week" She smiled and handed me the paper. I noticed my appa's signature on the bottom; I grabbed my pad again 'Did my appa release me?' She frowned a bit "No Tiffany, It’s a release of custody." Taeyeon stood up. "I don’t think she needs to know this" I grabbed her hand and mouthed for her to sit. She sat and stayed silent for the rest of the time Mrs. Kwon was in my room.

 

 

 

Note: Everything written in bold, is Tiffany writing or sign laguage.