Yoora's Story

A.CE - New Girl Group! [APPLY CLOSED]

Yoora’s POV

I sat down quietly as I watched Ji Yong Oppa and Seunghyun Oppa practice for the end of the year awards. I leaned back into the wall as I heard the deep sound of Seunghyun Oppa’s rapping and the lulling one of Ji Yong Oppa’s. My eyes closed slightly when I suddenly heard the music turn off and I felt something bump into my shoulder. I opened my eyes slightly and turned to see Ji Yong Oppa. “Yah, you don’t have to look so bored. It makes me feel as if you hate the song or something,” he teased while he pinched my nose. I scrunched my nose and the sudden feeling and smiled. “Yah, Oppa it was good.” He just shook his head at me and chuckled. We both just sat there for a few moments before he finally said something again.

“Yoora-ah, I’m proud of you guys, you know? You should let your brother know too.” He gave me this meaningful look as if he was trying to tell me something. I nodded my head slightly and spoke. “Araso, araso. I just need to find the right time.” I saw him once again shake his head with a chuckle. “You are a stubborn one,” he smiled. I grinned and then stood up. He put his hand out as if he wanted me to pull him up. I rolled my eyes and pulled him up with all the force I had. In all truth, he really just picked himself up. He then pushed me slightly towards the door. “Go Yoora-ah! You have something to tell your brother.” I smiled and pushed the door of the practice room open. ‘Yah Kikwang Oppa, your phone better be on when I call you’, I said in my head.

The phone was ringing loudly against my ear. I tapped my foot in anticipation, waiting for my oppa to pick up the phone. I heard a soft click on the other line and a soft voice groaned into the phone. “Yoboseo?” A yawned took over the sound from the other line. I smiled softly. “Yah, Oppa, it’s Yoora. I have news.” I heard some silence and a bit of talking at the other end when finally his voice came through again. “Yoora-ah I would love to hear the news but I’m about to get ready for an interview. We can talk later, araso?” I felt a little disappointed, but I understood. Who was I kidding to think that he had even five minutes to talk to his little sister? “Araso.” I whispered into the phone. We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I looked up to see Chae Yee Unnie smile at me slightly. I felt as if she knew what happened, but she also knew that I wouldn’t want to talk about it. Maybe I could tell him later. The next time we see each other. I groaned and walked over Chae Yee Unnie and she put her around me. “Yah Miss Sad Face, cheer up. Ji Hyun Unnie bought like a load of lollipops for you.”I smiled and then sighed again in disappointment. “Yah Unnie have you been able to reach your brother.” She looked away a little and nodded. I felt like my heart exploded. Why was it that Unnie could contact her brother who is in the same group as mine but I couldn’t even contact mine? “It’s only because I caught him at a good time, the conversation was short. I’m sure KiKwang Oppa will call you Yoora-ah.” I just nodded my head a little in disappointment.

When we got to the dorm, we saw Ji Ae Unnie and AeRin-ah watching ‘Secret Garden’. I sat down on the other side of Ji Ae Unnie and bumped her shoulder a bit. She looked at me questionably. “I saw Ji Yong Oppa this morning.” A deep blush bloomed at her face and I couldn’t help but smile. She then shook her head as if she was pretending like she didn’t hear me, and pointed towards the screen. I looked at it questionably. She then pointed to her lips and shook her head. A light switch over my head when I realized what she wanted. I smirked and went into my bedroom that I shared with Chae Yee Unnie and Ji Ae Unnie. Papers were scattered across the desk that I was working on during the night. I sat down on the hard wooden chair and picked up a piece of paper. It was simply titled ‘Lyrics #12’. This technically meant in Yoora World that it hadn’t been named yet.


I brushed my hand across the paper and felt the slight bumps of the musical notes that I wrote. I started to tap along to the rhythm I had created when suddenly my phone went off. The loud sound of Beast’s ‘Lights Go On Again’ streamed throughout the room. I quickly picked up to make sure that I didn’t disturb anyone. “Yoboseo?” I whispered timidly into the phone. Suddenly a loud voice bursted through the cell phone’s speaker. “Yah Yoora-ah, tell your oppa your good news. I have 30 minutes!” KiKwang Oppa yelled excitedly. I felt a full blown grin grace my face. “Oppa, in two and a half weeks, we are going to have our debut on Music Bank. You will be there right? I just wanted to tell you.”

“Yah Yoora-ah I’m so proud of you!” He yelled into the phone. I grinned and winced at his loud voice. “Oppa, where are you that you are screaming?” Then it became silent on the other end. “Sorry, I am just overly excited,” he giggled into the phone. I just shook my head and smiled. ‘Yah Oppa I have to go and so do you. Do well at your next interview.” He then wished my goodbye and we both hung up the phone. I sighed. He really did live up to his promise to be as involved in my life as he could. I laid my head down on my arms and smiled into my sleeve. In two and a half weeks, we would be featured on Music Bank. In two and a half weeks, the fun will really start.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update :( I became very very busy after my last update but now I have a lot of free time so I hope to make it up to you guys by posting more updates in the next few days. Thank you guys for sticking with the story and being patient. I really hope you guys like Yoora's story! Please comment and subscribe!