AeRin's Story

A.CE - New Girl Group! [APPLY CLOSED]

AeRin's POV

You know that feeling that you are not in reality and the world isn’t the same anymore? That feeling where it’s like the music has taken over your body? That’s what I’m feeling right now as we practice our routine for our first single, “추억”. While we are in the middle of one our moves, the music suddenly cuts off. I turned to the side where the boom box is to see President Yang with his arms crossed against his chest. All the girls immediately turn our attention to him. He walked in front of us and leaned against the wall. “I told you your debut will be in three weeks and I am keeping my promise to you. You all have worked hard and I can see it now. Your debut will happen on Music Bank. I have already set it up with KBS Television so please try your best.” I bowed and nodded my head quickly. This was the moment we all had been waiting for, our debut.

He left the room, and we all exhaled deeply as if we were holding our breath. Our dance teacher told us to take a break and we sat down in a circle. I was sitting next to Jae Ae Unnie, who looked like she was in deep thought. I leaned back a little to rest on my elbows. “This is finally it isn’t it? After two years, we finally get to step on a stage and see all our dreams come true.” I whispered as if I was talking to myself, but I knew all the other girls were listening. Patricia Unnie, who was on the other side of me, placed her chin on my shoulder and looked up at me. A smile graced her face. “Yes, and once we get on that stage at Music Bank, we are going to rock it.” I chuckled a bit at her. I nodded my head in compliance. Failure wasn’t an option.

I felt a slight tug on my worn out gray sweatpants. “You know AeRin, they are going to make you wear very girl clothes,” Seul Mi Unnie teased me. I groaned and hid my face in my hands. “Yah Unnie don’t remind me. I swear if they make us wear anything pink, I’m going to –“ I looked up to see Yoora Unnie’s eyebrow arched in what looked like to be a cross of boredom and amusement. “What? All I was going to say was that I would refuse,” I continued innocently. I heard Jae Ae Unnie snort next to me. Who was I trying to fool? They all already knew me and my violent tendencies.

“Girls, back to practice.” The gruff voice of our dance teacher woke us up from our fun and led us back to the hardwood floors of the YG practice room. Once again we danced through our routine, only to have a tiny problem that needed to be fixed. Everything had to be perfect in order for us to debut, and no one was taking any chances.


Five hours later, I was waiting outside the YG building with only a pair of jeans and an old gray sweatshirt on. I pushed my hands into the middle pocket of my hoodie as the coolness finally reached them. I was slightly irritated at the fact that my brother still hasn’t come to pick me up for our weekly family dinners. I squinted my eyes when a bright light suddenly flashed before me. When I got over the brightness of it all, I saw my brother sitting in the front of the car with a huge grin smacked onto his face. I snarled at him and pulled the door open roughly. I got inside, put on my seat belt, and went into my grouchy mood.

 “AeRin-ah, don’t be so gro-“. I smacked him on his arm before he could finish his sentence. “Yah! No need to get violent,” he mumbled as he nursed his wound. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. “I think Sungkyunkwan Scandal has gotten to your head. Not everything is dramatic in life Yoochun Oppa.” I grinned at him a little. I saw a smile grow on his face. “Well, atleast I know I’m a good actor.” I raised an eyebrow up at him. “Sure, sure.” I muttered under my breath playfully as I laid my head on his shoulder. I then sighed. It’s good to be with family.

It took us about a good two hours, because of traffic, to finally get to Incheon. I had fallen asleep on the way, and when Yoochun Oppa finally woke me up, the car was parked in front of my parent’s house. I opened the door to inhale the amazing smell of samgyeopsal simmering somewhere on a grill. When I entered the kitchen, I saw my father already seated at the table. I looked around to see if Leeteuk Oppa was here. I frowned when I couldn’t find him. I felt Yoochun place a hand on the small of my back and give me a light push towards my seat. Once we were all settled down my father started to talk.

Leeteuk couldn’t make it again. Something about a rehearsal or dance practice. I don’t know why SM can’t just let him –“ I heard my brother groan. “Appa, leave him alone. We don’t need to talk about SM Entertainment every time we sit down to eat.” I quickly stuck a piece of meat in my mouth and chewed vigorously. Here we go. “Why not? After what they did to you, I don’t think it’s a good idea for him to be there. And the fact that he is still apart of that company shows alot of family pride, doesn’t it?” His tone was bitter and angry. My brother held Appa’s hand and looked him straight in the eye. “Appa, SM did nothing to Leeteuk. He is a leader of a successful boy group and they can get far. What happened to me should not affect his life. I am happy now, Leeteuk is happy and even AeRin has put aside her violent tendencies for a while to debut.” He definitely earned a whack on the arm for that. “So let’s just be happy. Araso?” My dad rolled her eyes at him and just shook his head. Maybe that’s where I got my awesome eye-rolling skills from. Well since the topic of Leeteuk and SM was done it of course went immediately to me.

 “So you are debuting soon right AeRin?” My father asked conversationally. I nodded my head. “Neh. The president came in and talked to us about it. We are actually debuting on Music Bank in three weeks. Remember to watch, araso?” He nodded his head. I saw a smile widen on his face and I smiled contently. My appa’s satisfaction was mine. “How are the other girls?” Yoochun Oppa asked. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. He stared back at me with this confused face. “What?”

 “Why do you want to know how the girls are?” I asked him with suspicion dripping in my words. He laughed. “It’s just a question, little Miss Overprotective.” I snarled at him for the second day today and smacked him on the back of his head. “Yah, Appa!” He rubbed the back of his head while Appa and I laughed at him.

 After dinner Yoochun Oppa drove me back to YG’s apartment for us. He hugged me and whispered in my ear, “Yah, AeRin-ah, show the world what A.CE can do. You’ve been training for so long and so hard. You deserve this.” He kissed me on my forehead and I walked into the building. I sighed contently. I won’t let you down Yoochun Oppa.


추억 – means “Memories”

A/N: Hey guys this is the first chapter! I focused it on AeRin and I am going to do the same thing for the other girls in the first few chapters. I kind of what to do it like the Big Bang Documentary of like “Taeyang’s Story”. Do you know what I am talking about? Anyways those first few chapters of the individual girls will take place before they debut (: Please comment and subscribe! Thank You!