Found Out

My Secret Identity

 

Late at night, Jae Bum went into his room and closed the door behind him. He took a deep breath throwing his wig on the ground.

“What a day.” He said tiredly. He sat down and looked at his balloons in his bra.

“Yah, why won’t you stay still?” He said madly trying to put them in place. He sighed and went to grab two safety pins and pinned the loose part of the balloon to his bra.

“There. You won’t loose your way now.” He said. Before he knew it, he heard someone huffing again. He listened and heard it coming from the wall. He sighed. “What’s the matter again?” He asked. He put his wig on and left.

            “Su Yeon?” Jae Bum said behind the closed door. He sighed and walked in, closing the door behind him. She was under her blanket crying to herself. He walked to her and sat down by her. Her head was poking out a little.

“What’s the matter?” He asked. She removed the blanket from her and sat up.

“Unnie, am I ugly?” She asked looking at him, huffing. He looked at her confused. “No. You’re really beautiful.” He told her.

“Liar.” She said wiping her tears off. “No. I’m not lying. You’re really beautiful.” He said seriously.

“Then why won’t any guys want to go out with me? They date me like I’m some kind of toy only.” She told him.

“It’s because you’re giving yourself out too much.” He told her. “Really? Don’t guys want that though?” He sighed and sat into a more comfortable position.

            “No, not really. Some guy wants the natural you. The normal you. Not someone who you want to be, or someone who they want you to be.” He said.

“But I try. I try really hard. Instead, they always go for Mi Young and them. Cause they’re prettier and are more stylish.” She said.

“Who cares? If a guy doesn’t like you for who you are, just forget about them. When you meet a guy who likes you for who you are, and says nothing bad in what you look like, then you’ll know he’s the one.” He told her. She sobbed and leaned in his arms again. He sighed.

“Thank you so much unnie. You can always make me feel better inside.”

“Jessica, you could definitely pass for a girl, can’t you?” He thought to himself.

            POP! Before he knew it, one of his balloons in his bra popped from the safety pin earlier that he put in. He opened his eyes and gasped frozen. Su Yeon backed off and wiped her tears then looked at Jae Bum confused.

“What was that noise?” She asked. He looked at her frozen. “Uh, it was,” he said trying to think of something. Su Yeon looked at his chest and saw that it was flattened.

“Why is one of your flattened?” she asked. “Um,” Jae Bum said stuttering.

“Uh, it’s pretty hot in here huh? Let’s open the door.” Jae Bum said crawling over to open up the door to the outside. His wig accidentally slipped off since he was in a rush trying to come comfort Su Yeon earlier. Su Yeon looked at it fall and gasped.

“Why are you wearing a wig?” She asked. Jae Bum touched his head and looked at the wig on the ground and put it back on him.

“Uh, look, I can explain.” Jae Bum said.

            Su Yeon sat in her bedroom in front of Jae Bum frozen. He looked at her then down guilty.

“Look, I didn’t mean to do it, but I wanted to be with the girl I love. That’s why I can’t let Tae Yeon and them know.” He told her.

“Please don’t tell them.” He pleaded her. He sighed and shook her. She twitched and moved away with a gasp when she looked at him.

“Don’t move any closer to me.” She said. Jae Bum sighed. “Su Yeon,” he said moving towards her.

“Don’t, I don’t know you. You can’t do that. You have to move out of here.” She said.

“I can’t. I have no other place to stay.” He told her. “No, you can’t stay here. I have to go tell them.” Su Yeon said getting up and walking towards the door.

“NO,” Jae Bum said pulling her back. She tripped while being turned around and fell down on top of Jae Bum. Their faces were inches apart. She gasped while he was pushing her down, towards him.

“Don’t say anything.” He said. She froze once again. “Please,” he said. She looked at his face for a long while.

“Okay,” she finally said through her breath. He let go of her. She got off of him and went to the other side of the room.

            “Look, I promise I won’t make any trouble. I only came here for one reason, and I’m going to stick to it. Just, please help me.” He told her. She looked at him and took a deep breath.

“Why did you come to us?” She asked him. “I didn’t. I didn’t pick you guys. I was chosen to come here.” He told her.

“No wonder you’re different. And weird. The lopsided ... it was because it was really lopsided from being fake. And girl talk... you weren’t interested in it at all. Then at the slumber party. It was because you were a man.” She said.

“Yeah, now you know. Please though. You’re the only one I can look up to now.” He said. She sighed and looked down.