Chapter 5

Sunset [REVIEWING UNDER PROGRESS]

It's quiet at the dining table. Both Jessica and Taeyeon did not say anything as they ate quietly. Whereas, on the other hand, Mr and Mrs Kim were chatting away happily, talking about their honeymoon days and talking about how Taeyeon act when she was a child to Jessica, who nodded quietly. (Just imagine these 2 parents are childish :P)

Finally, Taeyeon couldn’t bear the silence anymore as she spoke. “Erm, Jessica-shi, what school are you attending?” Pausing in her eating, Jessica looked up from her food at Taeyeon. “… SoShi High.” Jessica said quietly and continued,” I am in the same class as you.”

Taeyeon who was ready to open and ask the question that was answered before being asked close , embarrassed and flushed a deep red. Inwardly, Jessica chuckled at Taeyeon’s action. Cute.

“Let’s go up now since we finish eating! Jessica, Taeyeon, I want the two of you to go to the dining room to talk to get to know each other better!” Mr Kim said excitedly as he went up, hand in hand with Mrs Kim. Left behind were Jessica who remained quiet and Taeyeon who fidgeted uneasily. “Er, Jessica-shi, do you want to go up and rest? You do not need to mind my father, you know. He’s just kidding.” Quietly, Jessica stood up. “From now on, I will be following you 24 hours around, since I am your bodyguard. Mr Kim, I assume, already changed the seat in class with me and Sooyoung-shi, with Sooyoung-shi sitting beside Sunny-shi.” After finishing what she wants to say, Jessica bowed to Taeyeon, muttering “Good Night” and went up to her room. What am I going to do for the rest of my life? Argh!


What time is it now? Let’s hope that I am not late. Jessica thought as she woke up, tired and sleepy. Looking at her clock, Jessica groaned. It was only 6.30am in the morning.Aish, why did I wake up so early for? Muttering curses under her breath, Jessica decided to wash up first and wait for Taeyeon in the dining room.

After washing up, Jessica chose a long sleeve T-shirt and a pair of skinnies to wear. Opening her backpack, Jessica checked that all her necessary equipments like handgun, gloves and etc. were in her secret compartment before going down. Sighing, she sat down on the sofa. A maid went up to her and asked her what she wants for breakfast. Jessica muttered “cereal with milk” and bowed, indicating her thanks before taking out her White Studio Beats and listened to the music playing.

Eating finish her breakfast, Jessica looked at her watch. 7am... Would they be up by now? Turning around, Jessica looked to see if there was any sign of Taeyeon or her parents. Sighing, Jessica slowly closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Taeyeon woke up slowly, stretching herself. Looking at the time, she almost shrieked. Oh no! It’s 8am already! Late for school! Oh shoot! Scrambling out of bed, Taeyeon rushed to the toilet and quickly washed up herself. Grabbing a T-shirt and jeans from her closet, Taeyeon wore it quickly and grabbed her blue hoodie along.

Running down the stairs, Taeyeon stopped when she saw a girl sleeping. Oh, it’s Jessica-shi. She must have fell asleep waiting for me. Taeyeon thought as she frowned but smiled a little as she saw Jessica sleeping peacefully.

Suddenly remembering the time, Taeyeon immediately went and shook Jessica while saying, “Jessica-shi! Please wake up! We are late for school!” Seeing no response, Taeyeon almost cried as she was in a hurry. Finally, Jessica stirred and woke while rubbing her eyes. “Oh, Taeng—I mean, Taeyeon-shi, you are up.” Be more careful next time, Jessica! How can you call her Taengoo! Jessica silently reminded herself as she stood up.

“Erm, are you okay?” Jessica ask as she saw Taeyeon’s anxious face. “Er, you see, I woke up late, so yeah. We are erm, late for school.” Taeyeon said awkwardly, jumping from one foot to another. After knowing why Taeyeon was so anxious, Jessica gave a small smile. “Don’t worry, nothing will happen.” She said reassuringly as she walks towards to her White Lamborghini. (http://www.sportscar...i-concept-s.jpg) Opening the door for Taeyeon, Jessica signaled for Taeyeon to get on.

After making sure Taeyeon had got on safely, Jessica drove off towards SoShi High, humming silently along the way. Reaching the school’s carpark, Jessica parked her car and got off, while running to help Taeyeon open her car door. The walk to their class was silent and awkward, in which Taeyeon kept thinking about what to do when she reached class.

Upon reaching their class, Jessica signaled for Taeyeon to step back behind her while she went to the front. Knocking on the class door, Jessica greeted Mr Lee and said,” Sorry I was late, Mr Lee. I accidentally spilled my morning coffee on Taeyeon-shi this morning while rushing to class, hence, Taeyeon-shi had to go back home to change. Really sorry both of us were late.” Mr Lee, who was preparing to scold Taeyeon, merely sighed after hearing Jessica’s explanation. “Please be more careful next time, Miss Jung.” “Yes, I will.” Jessica bowed once again and headed towards her new seat, which is beside Taeyeon.

Settling down, Jessica placed her head on the table, not facing Taeyeon. Meanwhile, Tiffany, who saw the Jessica and Taeyeon together, was jealous but shook off her thought not long after. They just met due to coincidence. There’s nothing to worry about. Making up her mind to speak to Jessica during lunch time today, Tiffany smiled unknowingly and placed her hand inside her bag, feeling Jessica’s hoodie, before paying attention to class again.