Chapter 3

Sunset [REVIEWING UNDER PROGRESS]

"What took you so long to buy my ice-cream? I am dying here right now, you know!" A pouting bunny said to the ice princess.

"Something happened on the way."

"Why? Met your boyfriend?" Sunny smirked as she asked mischievously. 

Flicking her cousin's forehead, Jessica rolled her eyes at her cousin's immature behavior. "In your dreams, cousin. Some girl almost got by some b******. Just kick that b****** a** and sent the girl home. That's why I'm late."

"Oh. So that's - WHAT? You saved a girl?" Sunny shrieked as she processed the information in her mind. "How the hell did you save that girl and kick that b******'s a** if you can't even carry your 22kg luggage?!" 

"Well, that's for me to know and you to find out, dear." said Jessica as she gave a yawn. So many things happened when I was in America, Sunny. I will tell you sooner or later, but not now. "I will be sleeping. Don't wanna be late for school tomorrow. Night!" 

Downstairs, Sunny scowled.

 

 

***


"Hey! Did you hear? A hot chick is coming to our school!"

"Yeah! She's blonde and looks like a doll! God, I can't wait to meet her! I hope she's in my class!"

Excited murmurings can be heard throughout the corridor in SoShi High the next day. Why's everyone so excited about the new transfer student? Weird. Is she that pretty? A short brunette thought as she pushed through the crowd to her lockers, grunting along the way. I don’t care if she’s hot or not. As long as Tiffany is here, I am happy. Thought Taeyeon as she grinned dumbly while thinking about her crush, Tiffany.

However, Taeyeon’s happiness was short-lived as she crashed down onto the ground in a moment.

“Hey! Did you hear about the new transfer student that everyone’s talking about? Everyone say she’s damn hot and pretty!” A excited Yuri said as she sat on top of Taeyeon, who is struggling beneath.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! GET OFF ME!”

“Oops, sorry. Too excited.” Grinned Yuri sheepishly as she got off from Taeyeon, who stood up and dusted her uniform, rolling her eyes at the same time at her overly excited friend.

“What are you so excited about huh? Not as if she’s going to be in the same cla-”

“SHE IS IN THE SAME CLASS WITH US!” shrieked a voice as Taeyeon fell to the ground once again, looking up to her two friends that is dancing round and round.

“STOP! YOU ARE CREATING A RACKET!”

“Yah! This is the first time our class is getting a transfer student! Be a little excited won’t you!” Sooyoung frowned as she looked at Taeyeon who is glaring at the two tall girls.

“Yeah! Taeng, stop thinking about Tiffany all the time! I know you are obsessed with her, but still, you shoudn- Mmph MMPH!” Yuri struggled as Taeyeon rushed up to cover while blushing madly.

Looking to her right, Yuri finally knew why her midget friend rushed to cover . Turning around the corner is a bubbly girl who is smiling away with a girl that is shorter than her by a few inches, a doe-eyed girl and another girl who had a straight face with long, black hair flowing down to her shoulders.

“Hi, Yuri! Hi, Taeyeon! Hi, Sooyoung!” Tiffany greeted happily as her eyes disappeared into crescents.

“H-Hi!” Taeyeon smiled nervously, showing her full set of teeth, earning snickers from her two friends.

“Hi, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yoona, Seohyun!” Sooyoung greeted as she hid her laugh upon seeing Taeyeon’s action.

“We should go up to class soon. We are going to be late if we stay here anymore. Bye, unnies! ” Spoke Seohyun as she pulled Yoona along who waved a hasty goodbye.

“Those two look cute together!” commented Yuri as she looked at the maknae couple who is now speed walking to their class, or ultimately, Seohyun speed walking while pulling Yoona along.

“Yea! They are.” Tiffany smiled as her eyes followed her sister (Yoona) and her sister’s girlfriend. “There’s finally someone to control Yoong, so I am okay with it.”

“Anyway, let’s get going. We are going to be late soon. Or not Taeyeon will keep ogling at Tiffany like there’s no tomorrow.” Hyoyeon spoke as she laughed, while Taeyeon lowered her head, face red as tomato.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***


“Okay, class. So as you all have heard, we have a new transfer student from America. So, please welcome her warmly and all!” The teacher, Mr Lee, said as he smiled while signalling for someone to come in from outside. 

Everyone who was sleeping at first perked up at the sight of a blonde walking into the class. All of them gasped. By now, the boys had their jaws dropped open as they stared or, better still, gawked at the blonde in front of them while the girls who should be jealous of the blonde’s beauty can’t help but admire her features too.


Jessica stepped into her classroom and walked to the front. “Please introduce yourself to the whole class, Miss Jung.” The teacher smiled charmingly, or so he thought. Ew. Disgusting, and boring. It’s always the same thing, please introduce yourself. God, so many people are staring at me also. Why won’t people ever change?Jessica thought as she almost gave a yawn but stopped herself just in time.

“…Jessica Jung’s the name.” She said boringly, almost coldly. After a long minute of silence, Mr Lee finally spoke up again as he coughed awkwardly. “So, the introduction is a bit short, but, then, short and sweet yeah? Haha.” He laughed at his own joke and receiving no response, coughed again and told Jessica to find a seat in the classroom herself.

Slinging her bag over her shoulders, Jessica walked over to the back and ignored the stares that everyone is giving her. Stop gawking at me. erts.Settling down on her chair, Jessica looked out at the window, zoning out and not listening to what Mr Lee is saying. However, she is soon disrupted by a aegyo-filled voice.

“Hi there! My name’s Sunny! You must be the new transfer student right?”

“…”

“Yeah, Even though you are cold, you must be warm in the inside right?”

“Shut up, Sunny.” Jessica said coldly as she turned her head to look out of the window again.

“Yah! Loosen up will you? You are so.. COLD." Sunny pouted at the back of the blonde head, but received a smack on her head as punishment.


Tiffany's POV

W-What? I met her again. Jessica Jung.. Looking up, Tiffany took in Jessica's feature as Jessica made her way to sit beside Sunny. Is she close with Sunny? Why is she smacking her head? Who cares. Later I shall just ask Sunny. Jessica is more beautiful during the day.. 

No One's POV

“Miss Kim, answer my question.”

“… Miss Kim? I said answer my English question now.”

Hearing no response, Mr Lee looked up from his textbook and saw Taeyeon having her head on the desk. Narrowing his eyes, Mr Lee slowly walked over to Taeyeon’s desk in slow steps, while Yuri and Sooyoung tried their best to tell Taeyeon to wake up by making “Psst” sounds. However, their efforts were of no use as Taeyeon continued dreaming in her dreamland. 

“KIM TAEYEON!” Mr Lee roared while slamming both of his hands on Taeyeon’s table. Taeyeon awoke with a jerk and looked around wildly. Seeing Mr Lee’s face in front of her, Taeyeon smiled sheepishly and did a little wave to Mr Lee who is not amused by it. “What do you think you are doing in my class?” 

“Er.. I was just talking a nap just now. Haha.” Taeyeon smiled and laughed nervously, hoping Mr Lee would let her off just this one time.

“Very funny HUH? Hahahaha.” Mr Lee growled as he laughed sarcastically.

“…Yeah.” Taeyeon mumbled as she smiled sweetly. 

“You are going to stay back for one hour detention and clean up the classroom TODAY.” Mr Lee said as he turned back and walked to the front of the class, while Taeyeon groaned inwardly. 

As for Jessica, she was still zoning out while looking out of the window. “KIM TAEYEON!” Jessica jerked up when she heard Taeyeon’s voice being called. Tae-Taengoo?