Thumbtacks

You're in love with... ME?!

"Uhmm.. Troublemaker dance and Boom Boom Pow. I think those two would be great. You choose." He said.

I leaned back on the couch and thought for a second. Boom Boom Pow is pretty easy to dance to since it's an upbeat song, while troublemaker is pretty y and requires skinship with your partner...

"Boom Boom Pow." I answered.

He frowned. "I like Troublemaker though." He said.

I raised my brows. "Seriously? You tell me to choose and then you disagree with my choice? Tch tch." I shook my head.

He smiled cutely at me. "Let's just do troublemaker." He said.

I wrinkled my nose. "Are you expecting me to get all touchy with.. you?" I asked.

"Wae? It's just a dance. Besides, you're my girlfriend anyway. Of course we have to get all touchy with one another sooner or later." He said.

I shuddered at the thought. "In your dreams." I said.

He pouted. "Aish. Let's just do troublemaker! We'll get chosen for sure if we do that." He offered.

I crossed my arms on my chest. "Nope. Boom Boom Pow." I said.

He glared at me. 

Then he reached for his pocket and took out a coin. 

"Heads or tails?" He asked.

"Mwo? I didn't agree to that." I debated.

He leaned forward, his face getting closer to me. "Heads or tails?" He asked again, firmer this time.

"Aish. Fine! Heads!" I shouted.

He smirked. 

He threw to coin up in the air then caught it in his fist.

He opened his fist slowly, revealing the winner.

Much to my dismay, he won -.-

I slouched on the couch. "This is so not fair!" I complained.

He chuckled triumphantly and stuck out his tounge to tease me. 

I stuck out my tounge too.

"When do we start practice?" He asked.

"Tomorrow." I answered. "Now get out my place. I wanna sleep." I said as I pushed him towards the door. 

"Ya! You don't have to push me so roughly!" He shouted.

I ignored him and opened the door, pushing him out.

I was about to close the door but he prevented it with his hand.

"Wait." He said.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"U-uhmmm...." He stammered, looking nervous.

"If you're not going to say anything then I'm gonna sleep now." I said.

"No wait!" He shouted.

"What?" I asked for the second time.

He toook a deep breath, as if wanting to calm himself. 

Then he smiled at me sweetly. 

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Good night." He said as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders, leaned forward, and kissed me gently on the forehead.

My eyes widened in surprise. I was NOT expecting that. I felt my cheeks heat up.

Then before I can say or do anything, he ran towards his room, leaving me in a daze.

Why did he do that? And why did it feel nice...?

I shook my head to regain my senses. 

I decided to forget what happened.


Weekend came by pretty fast. 

It's our performance day today.

I must say I'm pretty confident that we'll get chosen. Taemin is a really good dancer. I felt like I saw a different side of him when we were practicing. He's also very profesional when it comes to skinship. He does what the routine requires, but he doesn't go any further than that. Somehow, I feel respected. And I like that.

Of course we were awkward at the start, but it went away pretty quickly. We became more comfortable with each other. And I must say he's a very good dance partner. He tells me what I'm doing wrong, and he praises what I'm doing right. He also declares breaks when he notices that I'm tired, which is pretty sweet. 

Okay. Enough about Taemin. Why am I talking about him so much anyway?

By the way, we chose to copy this particular Troublemaker performance, because it's not as touchy as the other performances. Please watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNhXgRwjus

So, as I mentioned earlier, today's our performance day.

Ms. Park's not around yet so I decided to go to the comfort room first.

I was washing my hands when a girl with sleek, short hair approached me. She's in my vocal and dance class.

She has her arms crossed over her chest and she was staring at me.

I turned the water off. "What do you want?" I asked her.

She smiled at me, and her smile's not nice, it spelled trouble. "I just wanted to wish you good luck." She said. "Oh. And don't try too hard. Me and my partner will be chosen anyway, so don't waste your efforts." She added.

I smirked. "We'll see about that then." 

I turned my back on her and walked away. 

"Oh. And watch out for your partner." She said.

I stopped on my tracks and turned back.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She shrugged. "You'll find out soon." She said as she smiled evilly and walked away.

I felt a hint of nervousness. Something's not right.

 

TAEMIN's POV:

I'm in front of my locker. Only a few minutes left until our performance.

I changed into my dancing shoes.

But when I took a few steps towards the practice room, I felt stabbing pain in my feet.

I took off my shoes... and saw blood. A lot of blood.

Thumbtacks. Somebody put thumbtacks in my shoes. I ruffled my hair. How am I supposed to dance like this?!

"Taemin-ah!" I heard a familiar voice shout. It was Hyemi. Her voice sounded very near.

I quickly took out the thumbtacks and put on my shoes again. 

"There you are! Pali! It's almost our turn." She said to me.

I stood up slowly.

"Ya. Kwenchana? You're sweating." She asked, sounding a bit concerned.

I nodded and forced a smile. "Let's get this over with." I said.

She nodded in return and started walking towards the practice room.

I followed her.

I felt piercing pain with every step.

Get yourself together Taemin. 

I won't ruin this performance. I won't let Hyemi's efforts go to waste.

Definitely not.

----------------------

Omo. Poor Taemin >.<

Sorry, y and rushed chapter. Writer's block :|

Also, sorry for the late update. I was busy with prom.

Anyway, troublemaker won, ^^ Sorry for those who voted for the losing choices. Mian.

Please bear with me. Don't unsubscribe please.

Komawo! :D