A Ghostly Beginning

White Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Busan Middleschool kids of different origin mingle yet there is one young student everybody avoids. She had long very black hair, thick black eyebrows, black thick eyeliners and a huge eyebag. Her skin is very pale, and since she does not wear make-up she wears white baby powder on her face making her look white, she is thin and of all of all oddest thing she wears white straight night dress to school every single day. She stammers when she talks and avoids eye contact at all cost. She lives with her grandma in a shabby shack near the entrance to the cemetery. She wears perfume that smells like ylang ylang a scent associated with the dead. Whenever she comes to school all kids scramble to stay away from her. Lately she is into goth making things worse – she wears black polish and ankle high black boots, black necklace.

Her name is Sandara.

“Here she comes!!!” kids of a lower class started to scramble as soon as she stepped inside the gate. One kid was so much in a hurry his pencil case fell Dara saw it and ran after the kid.

“You.. y-your p-pencil fell…” as she try to hand the pencil case to the kid.

“Ani its yours I have to go!!!” the kid rushed without looking back.

Her classroom was bustling with activities and noise emanates even outside of the room but when she stepped in the whole class fell silent, only whispers can be heard and side glances towards her way. She doesn’t mind all these she felt there is no reason to explain to anybody, she is completely happy being alone and as she looked outside the window where her chair is usually placed at the very end of the room she smiled to herself grateful for the fresh air.

Today the class is waiting for 2 new classmates, they were told that they are exchange students from Seoul and will only be staying with them for a couple of months – the program is to allow students to learn about the culture as well as the difference in the educational system outside of the city and make a report when they return.

“Good morning everyone I am Lee Cherin and I come from Seoul International School. I hope that we can be friends and you will help me. Thank you.” She was wearing a black pleated mini skirt version of their uniform in Seoul. And her shirt jack blouse is white with a pink tie. She has long blond flowing hair, thick black lashes, and a pretty smile. Everyone was excited to meet her especially that she is wearing different color of polish in each of her long fingernails – something new in rural Busan.

The class enthusiastically clapped their hands after she introduced herself as soon as she is finished her short introduction. Next came a new male student and the young ladies gushed at the same time as soon as he entered. He is wearing a similar uniform as that Cherin only for guys – that is long black pants, black coat and a darker shade of pink necktie. His hair is neatly gelled away from his face – pointed nose, long lashes coupled with friendly eyes and though he was not smiling - one can feel that he comes from a prominent family from the neatness of his clothes to his well polished shoes.

“My name is Kwon Jiyong and I am your exchange student from Seoul International School. I am happy to be with you and I hope that I will learn a lot here as well as meet all of you. Thank you,” he bowed.

Everyone clapped as soon as he finished his greeting and even Dara whispered how cute a couple they are. They look so good together in front making them look like a couple.

“So where would you like to sit?”

Jiyong pointed to a chair near the class president – TOP who is as good looking as him yet less sophisticated and very shy.

Cherin looked around the room and realized that the only seat available is beside a young lady in white and she enthusiastically stepped towards Dara but as soon as the students realized what she was up to they all shouted – No!!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter