SEVEN

From Slave To Lover

It's dinnertime and a maid has knocked on my door to announce this. Hakyeon and I get up from the bed and Hakyeon immediately grabs my hand, because he is scared to face my dad again. I will protect him and I will make sure that my dad won't touch him or even won't come near him, but I also get some help from my family for that. My mum and Jin Mi already told us that they want to help us to get my dad away from Hakyeon.

''S-Stay with m-me, Taekwoon. I'm scared.'' Hakyeon says and tears fill his eyes. I wrap an arm around him and I pull him into a big hug. I feel so sorry for Hakyeon that my dad scared him so much, but I will get revenge for that later. I hope that the vampires in this kingdom know by now what my dad is doing and I hope that the vampires are supporting us.

''Remember Hakyeon. Without the other slaves around, you can call me Taekwoon. But as soon as my family and the slaves are around, you call me what you called me before okay?'' I look at Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods. Hakyeon looks like a very respectful guy, so I guess it'll be okay during dinner.

I let go with my arm of Hakyeon and we leave my room. We go downstairs and we walk to the diningroom. The table for the slaves is across the ballroom, so it'll be hard to keep my dad away from Hakyeon. Hopefully my mum and Jin Mi have a plan for this, so that Hakyeon and I can sit closer so each other. I guess that the slaves must know that there's something going on between me and Hakyeon, because they haven't seen Hakyeon outside with them. My dad walks over to us and looks at me with a dissaproving look.

''Ah Taekwoon, good to see you again. You may sit over there and this slave has to sit over there.'' my dad says and points to our assigned seats. I nod and I take Hakyeon to his seat, before I walk over to mine. I think my dad doesn't realize that I still sit quite close nearby Hakyeon, but I don't care. I have to keep my dad away from Hakyeon, because Hakyeon is going to die if my dad is touching him.

Then, the food is being brought in and I quickly look over at Hakyeon who just looks like a ghost there at the table for the slaves. I can't wait anymore for it when the dinner is over, because I want to have Hakyeon in my arms again. I think it's my fault that Hakyeon doesn't talk to the other slaves, but he soon won't have to anymore. Because I'll do everything to change Hakyeon into someone who no longer looks like as slave and no longer acts like one. When I'll take the crown from my dad, Hakyeon has to look like a prince. It's a long way to go, but I'll get Hakyeon there.

During our dinner, I don't talk a lot as I drink from my blood in silence. My dad sits across from me and keeps an eye on me. I don't care whatever he wants, but he has to leave Hakyeon alone. Hakyeon is mine and I'll show my dad how much I care about him. I don't want to get married to another royal prince or princess, because I don't like their behavior. They act very arrogant and only care about themselves.

''Taekwoon?'' a voice asks and when I look up, I can see Jin Mi with a smile next to me.

''What is it, Jin Mi?'' I ask and Jin Mi signs that I have to bend over, so that he can whisper something in my ear.

''Mum and I are going to help you two, because we are convinced that you two are made for each other. So, we are going to reduce the space between this table and the table of the slaves. And that slave is of yours is going to be positioned right behind you, so that dad can't see him. I really want dad to stop with treating slaves as and I want that he'll see that love doesn't have limits. Just like mum told you aswell.'' Jin Mi whispers and I nod.

I sit up straight on my chair again and my dad looks at me with an angry look. Whenever Jin Mi whispers, his whispers are that soft that dad can't hear them. Us vampires can hear people talk from a far distance, but dad can't hear me and Jin Mi when we whisper.

I smirk when dad is focussing on his food again. Just wait dad, because something is about to happen to you. I really can't wait to hear the response of the vampires, because I really wanna know what their thoughts are on my dad keeping slaves. I'm pretty sure they are very much against it, but we'll see.

Then, I hear the chairs and tables shuffle. In the corner of my eye, I can see Hakyeon coming closer to me and I put a faint smile on my face. I can't let my dad know that I'm happy to have Hakyeon seated right behind me. And the best part of it all is that Hakyeon can even touch me whenever he wants to. But as I already told him, he has to behave like other slaves do and call me by my title.

I continue with drinking from the blood again and it doesn't take long before I am the first one who is finished with dinner. I have to wait before the others are done, because that's an important rule here. I hear some slaves talk when they're done and I turn to them with a faint smile.

''Guys, be quiet. My father doesn't appreciate it when he hears you talk when my family members are still having dinner. And stay seated, because we are about to have the dessert soon.'' I whisper and some slaves nod. This is their first dinner here, so they have to know the rules that we have in this palace. But I'm sure that as soon as I'll explain them, they'll start to accept those rules faster and start to respect them more.

A/N Wrote this at school right before the break is about to start. I was at school pretty early and as soon as I realised that English wasn't going to be given due to my teacher being ill, I saw my chance to write something. And yes, it at the last part. But it was because it was getting crowded in the canteen.