TWENTY-EIGHT

From Slave To Lover

The rest of the conversation is about the future plans and they also share their honest thoughts about how they expect me to be like. None of the four men are thinking negative about me and they hope that I'm going to do better than my dad. They also want Hakyeon to show how he is like, since he is human. Hakyeon knows how to assure them that he will do well and that he will fulfill their expectations.

''We are glad to hear that you at least will put some effort in whatever we want to discuss with you, Your Majesty. Compared to your father, he didn't want to invest any energy in our plans and didn't come up with any suggestions himself. So we are glad that you at least want to try to open up for our plans and that you want to come up with any suggestions to our plans.'' Sanhyuk says and I nod. It's good to know that these businesspartners of our family are looking forward to do businesses with me.

''Back when I was the heir, I already noticed how much the vampires are expecting of me. When some vampires shared their honest thoughts with me about how my father ruled, I tried to work hard on being different and to please the vampire's wishes. So I hope that I can fulfill the wishes of the vampires.'' I honestly admit and the four men nod. I hope that they will have more faith in me compared to having faith in my dad.

''We are glad that you already show us how positive you think about us, because that is important for us. You see, we are the most important businesspartners for the royal family for centuries and your father was the first king who didn't want to work with us. He was more acting like he knew everything already and didn't want to deal with us, but we are glad to know that you don't want to cut ties with us.'' Hongbin continues and gets up, before he bows. The other three men do the same and Hakyeon and I bow aswell.

''It's important for us to keep the important relationships, because we want to be a couple where the vampires and all the important relationships look up to.'' I tell them and it's clearly shown that the four men can't wait to do businesses with me.

''Alright, good to know. But would you like to show us what the slaves are doing? We knew that your father had brought them in, but he never told us what they are doing here and your father never wanted to explain why he brought the slaves in.'' Wonshik said and I nod, before Hakyeon and I get up.

''Ofcourse. Follow us, gentlemen.'' Hakyeon says and we leave the livingroom, before the four men follow us. We walk outside and the slaves are very busy, because they don't even see us coming.

''Alright, come together all of you! We have four men here who came to visit us and they wanna see why you are here and what you are doing.'' I say loud and the slaves stop working, before all the slaves come towards us.

I introduce the slaves to the four men and the slaves bow a bit uncomfortable, because they aren't used to this kind of attention. Wonshik steps forward and has a little chat with the slaves, who slowly start to become a bit comfortable with the four men around.

''And His Majesty the King decided to keep all of you? Has he explained why?'' Wonshik asks and the slaves nod.

''He explained to us that the maids really appreciate our help, because we help them out aswell. That was one of the things where His Majesty the King based his decision at, I believe.'' Hwang Jun says and Wonshik nods. Wonshik steps back and the rest of the conversation is going pretty well. The slaves explain to the four men that they are happy that I was the only one who was nice towards the slaves, because the other members of my family didn't want to invest any time in the slaves. As soon as they discovered the relationship between me and Hakyeon, they were surprised at first. But they were glad that I didn't put up an act to Hakyeon and I showed my true self to him.

''We are happy to hear that His Majesty the King has been nice towards all of you since you came in, because that's important for us to hear. You see, we are an important relationship of the royal family and we always take a look at the palace to get to know the new couple better and to know about their vision.'' Hongbin says and I look at Hakyeon with a smile. Hakyeon is glad that these four have faith in us.

''Alright, that's good to hear. We are leaving again, as these visits never last long. Let's say that it's just an introduction. But Your Majesty, we are thankful to get to know you better and we are looking forward to see you again for our first meeting.'' Jaehwan says and the four men bow, before Hakyeon and I do the same. Then, a maid comes towards us and takes the men with her towards the gates.

''Well, that was awkward.'' Hwang Jun sighs and Hakyeon looks at him, before he nods.

''I understand, because this is the first time that important people are interested in whatever your job is here and things like that.'' Hakyeon continues and I look at Hakyeon. Hakyeon wraps an arm around my waist and smiles.

''Alright, thank you for your time and let's get back to work. We will call you in when it's time for lunch.'' I tell the slaves and the slaves bow, before they walk away and continue with whatever they were doing.

Hakyeon and I make our way inside the palace again and we go back to the livingroom again. As soon as I sit down on the couch, Hakyeon sits on top of me and his head is resting against my chest. I wrap my arms around his waist and Hakyeon chuckles.

''That was our first performance as a royal couple, Taekwoon. And you did well.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle, before I kiss his head. I didn't even realise how I was doing, but I'm glad that Hakyeon says that I have done well.

''Thanks Hakyeon, you did well too.'' I tell him and Hakyeon giggles, before he streaks over my arm.

I'm sure being a king is going to be harder the further I get into it, but we'll see how tough it is about to come. With Hakyeon next to me, I'll be fine.

A/N I wrote this during the hours that I was bored and had nothing to do. Sorry if it is a weak chapter, sorry!