THIRTY-NINE

From Slave To Lover

Hakyeon and I sit on our bed and Hakyeon has and arm wrapped around my waist as his other hand rests on my stomach. My hand rests upon Hakyeon's hand and I smile at him when we look at each other. We have gone through a lot already and it started right after Hakyeon was brought in as a human slave. It was love at first sight for both of us, but we had to go over some tough obstacles. Three of them were my dad, Woo Jin and Ye Jun. Honestly, I don't miss them at all. Because they kept threatening to kill Hakyeon.

But Hakyeon and I got enough support from the rest of my family. Basically everyone who was against whatever my father was up to with the slaves. And the support we got was enough to keep dating and here we are, ruling over a kingdom and having a little one on the way.

''I can't believe that we're at this moment already. The first moment, I walked in as a scared human slave. And look where we are now, married and ruling over a kingdom while a little one is on the way.'' Hakyeon says and smiles when he looks at my stomach. I place a kiss on Hakyeon's ear and he giggles. 

''But we went through this together Hakyeon, neither of us went through it alone.'' I tell Hakyeon and he chuckles, followed by a nod.

''You're right, we didn't get through it on our own. And you don't go through this pregnancy on your own either, because I'm with you and we get lots of support.'' Hakyeon admits and smiles when he looks at me. That's right, support has been on our side since we fell in love with each other. And support won't leave us now that I'm pregnant.

Hakyeon's chin is resting on my shoulder and I look at him. I'm looking forward to appear into the public again, because everyone will see my bump with their own eyes. Lots of vampires will ask me about I discovered that I'm pregnant and they will ask me about the gender. But I'm Hakyeon can't wait to appear into the public aswell, because he will walk around as a proud father to be.

''I love you so much Taekwoon. If you didn't fall in love with me, we wouldn't be here like this. And our little one wouldn't be here too.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle.

''Nah, it's not just me falling in love with you. Because if you didn't tell me that you loved me aswell, we wouldn't be here. Even if it was only me who fell in love with you, I still would make you mine.'' I tell him and Hakyeon kisses my neck.

None of this would've happened if my dad and the twins were still alive. They were very much against the relationship of me and Hakyeon and they tried to reveal it to the slaves, but they kinda knew it themselves. Hakyeon never showed up in the barn and could only think about me whenever the slaves were with us during the meals, but they were okay with our relationship and they accepted it.

That's when a knock is heard on the door and after I give permission to come in, a maid comes in and asks us if we would like to come downstairs to have a drink with the maids and the slaves. Something that the slaves came up with.

''Well, why not? It's a great offer that the slaves came up with. So yes, we will come downstairs.'' Hakyeon says and looks at me, before I nod as a response. Usually, it's one of us who comes up with this. But it's a good thing that the slaves suggested this, because this shows how much they appreciate us.

The maid nods and leaves the room. Hakyeon gets up and pulls me up from the bed, before wrapping an arm around my waist.

''Come on mummy, let's have a drink with the slaves and the maids.'' Hakyeon chuckles and the two of us leave the room. I can hear lots of voices coming from the diningroom and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at me.

We enter the diningroom and all the slaves and the maids have gathered around. All of them look at us and raise their glasses, as if they want to bring a toast on us. Hakyeon and I walk over to our seats and right after we sit down, two waiters bring in our drinks. This is the first time for Hakyeon that he'll drink out of a glass of blood as he only drank blood from either bags, a human neck or anything else where blood was served in.

''To the kings and their unborn child.'' one of the maids said as she raises her glass and everyone in the room repeats after her. After that, everyone starts to drink from their drinks. Hakyeon places his hand on mine and rubs over my hand with his thumb.

I look at Hakyeon and he still looks a bit awkward when he is surrounded by so many guests, but I understand why Hakyeon feels awkward. Even though he is still like a newborn vampire, he still has to realise that he can't eat human food anymore and has to provide himself from blood.

''I'm here for you, okay? If you still feel awkward about this, tell me.'' I whisper and Hakyeon looks at me. A faint smile is on his face as he takes a sip from the blood.

''It's still hard to realise that I'm a vampire now, I still struggle with it.'' Hakyeon whispers and moves his hand to my stomach, before he rubs over it.

''I know Hakyeon, but be glad that I saved you. If I didn't do that, you would be dead by now and I had to rule on my own.'' I continue and Hakyeon sighs, before a nod follows and Hakyeon takes another sip from his drink.

Like I said, Hakyeon would've been dead if I didn't save Hakyeon by turning him into a vampire. But I loved him too much to let him go, so I had to turn him to keep him alive. And though Hakyeon is still thankful that I saved him, he still struggles with living as a vampire. But I already told him that I wanna help him with that.

''And our little one will help you aswell once it's born. You need to embrace your new life Hakyeon. I know it's hard, but there's no way back and you can't turn human again.'' I whisper and Hakyeon nods, before he looks at my stomach with a big smile. I will help Hakyeon to embrace his new life, no matter how much time it's going to cost me.