TWENTY

From Slave To Lover

A/N I kinda skip a bit further ahead in time, sorry if it's confusing

Today is the day that Hakyeon and I get married. Today is the day that Hakyeon no longer is a slave, but will be seen as a royalty now. Something that Hakyeon doesn't know, is that we will be crowned shortly after we are declared as husband and husband. My mum is officially going to step back as the queen and is moving out of the palace to hand over the big property to us. I don't know where Jin Mi and my other siblings will go to, but we'll see that after everything is arranged.

A few maids are with me and they get me dressed in a black suit with a white blouse underneath. Hakyeon is in my mum's bedroom and a few other maids get him dressed over there. I haven't seen the color of his suit yet, but I will soon. Because we will see each other in each other's suit as soon as we leave the rooms. We have to go to the cathedral together and we have to walk down the aisle together. 

One of the maids applies a clip in my hair with the family coat of arms of the Jung family on it. The heir always has to wear that on the wedding day and the king ,or in my case the queen, removes the clip out of the hair and the crown is being placed on top of the heir's head. This has been a tradition in our family for decades and it's going to happen today.

''Are you ready to go, Your Majesty?'' a maid asks and I nod when I look at her. I'm ready to change my life for good, I'm ready to say yes to the former slave that I fell in love with. I'm sure that Hakyeon thinks the same way about me, I'm sure he is ready to say yes to the vampire prince that saved him from the deadly actions of the former king.

''Ah, you forget one more thing you have to do at the wedding Your Majesty. Once the Priest has declared you and your fiancee as husband and husband, you have to leave mark in your husband's neck. To be exact, you have to leave your initials with a crown in his neck.'' another maid says and I nod. Right, I almost forgot about that. Right after we're officially married, I have to bite Hakyeon in his neck and leave my initials and a crown in his neck. This mark shows that Hakyeon is officially a part of our family.

The maids lead me to the door and right after I leave my bedroom, Hakyeon is already waiting for me and a big smile is seen on his face.

''My goodness, you look gorgeous for this day. It's becoming so real right now that I am going to marry the heir of the Jung's throne.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle. Hakyeon really knows how to flirt with me, even with the maids around. I smile and I hook in Hakyeon's arm before we head downstairs.

We walk to the carriage and a lot of vampires are cheering for us already. Hakyeon smiles and lets go of my arm, before he grabs my hand. We enter the carriage and we wave at the vampires that stand next to the road on our way to the cathedral. Hakyeon places a kiss in my neck and I chuckle, before I look at him.

''You are such a bully Hakyeon, but I love this bully.'' I tell him and Hakyeon places a kiss in my neck again. I wrap an arm around Hakyeon's waist and I look outside again, while I keep waving at the vampires.

''I can't believe that we're going to get married today, I never would've dreamed in my wildest dreams that I would get married.'' Hakyeon says and I look at him with a smile. I still can't believe it either, but it's happening right now. And once we're married, Hakyeon has officially entered the Jung family. But Hakyeon will also get a mark in his neck and we will be crowned as the new kings of the vampire kingdom, so I'm happy for now that Hakyeon doesn't know about it. It's a little surprise for him.

The ride to the cathedral isn't that long, because we arrive after 5 minutes. It was the idea of the former king ,the one before my dad,  to build the cathedral close to the palace.

Hakyeon and I get out and we make our way inside and we walk down the aisle in slow steps, while the music plays. My mum is waiting at the aisle with the Priest and my mum smiles at me. I can hear a few of the guests whisper that they can't believe that it's my turn to get married. Well, I can't believe it either. But my time has come.

Once we arrive at the Priest and my mum, my mum places a kiss on my temple and takes a seat at the front row. Hakyeon and I haven't gotten rid off each other's hand and the Priest has started his speech about us. The speech is about Hakyeon's past as a slave and how we fell in love. But he also says how supportive Hakyeon was when I had to recover from the big wound my dad gave me.

Hakyeon and I turn sideways ,facing each other, and my mum gets up from her seat and hands over the rings. I grab the first ring and I look at the Priest.

''Repeat after me Your Majesty. I ,Jung Taekwoon, will take you ,Cha Hakyeon, as my wedded husband. I will stay on your side in sickness and in health and I will stay on your side until death do us part.'' the Priest says and I repeat after him. I then slide the ring on Hakyeon's finger and he grabs the other ring.

''Repeat after me. I ,Cha Hakyeon, take the crownprince ,Jung Taekwoon, as my wedded husband. I will stay by your side in sickness and in health and will stay by your side until death do us part.'' Hakyeon repeats after the Priest and slides the ring on my finger. Hakyeon had to repeat something that was slightly different than mine, since he is human.

''I hereby declare you as husband and husband. From now on, you will be seen as one entity by the whole kingdom.'' the Priest says and at the time the guest applaude, my fangs sink into Hakyeon's neck and Hakyeon gasps. I leave a mark in Hakyeon's neck and I pull back.

''Why did you bite me?'' Hakyeon whispers and I tell him that I had to mark him as prove that he is a part of the family now, followed by a nod of Hakyeon.

Then, my mum gets up and she walks towards the Priest as he steps aside.

''I feel honered that my oldest son is married now, but this isn't the only thing that was planned. Because now is the moment that my son will take over the throne along with his husband.'' my mum says and Hakyeon's eyes widen. He is clearly confused and I understand that, because he wasn't expecting this.

We turn sideways and face my mum, before I let go of Hakyeon's hand and raise two fingers.

''I ,Jung Taekwoon, am ready to fulfill the position as the king. I promise that I will be there for the vampires whenever they need my help and I promise that I am not choosing sides during a conflict. I stay loyal to the vampires and I stay loyal to my husband.'' I say and my mum removes the clip out of my hair, before she places the crown on my head. She then steps aside to Hakyeon and places the other crown on his head. I drop my hand and I look at Hakyeon, who is clearly confused.

We turn to face the guests and I hold Hakyeon's hand.

''Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to king Taekwoon and king Hakyeon.'' my mum says and the guests get up, before they make a bow towards us. Hakyeon and I bow aswell and we get up right after that, before the guests say ''Hurray to our new kings!''

I'm a married man now and I'm also the king of a huge kingdom.