FOURTY-ONE

From Slave To Lover

A/N Sorry if I speed up too much in the story

A month later, it's time to visit the doctor again for the ultrasound. My stomach is becoming more and more visible and during the visits we did last month, you could tell that the vampires were very happy for me and Hakyeon. Everyone was already looking forward to see our baby and we're glad that everyone is so supportive towards us. 

The slaves help us more and more and they also help me with things when the maids or Hakyeon can't help me, but I didn't realise how much I needed them.

''Ah, Your Majesty. Good to see you again and good to see your husband. How are you feeling, Your Majesty?'' the doctor says and I smile at her, before Hakyeon and I take a seat. The doctor takes her stool with her and takes a seat next to us, while having a clipboard under her arm.

''I'm feeling very well, no difficulties so far.'' I honestly answer and the doctor writes everything down on her clipboard.

''That's good to hear from you, Your Majesty. As you know, you have entered your second semester and your baby will grow by the weeks. From this month, you can feel your baby move. I will tell the cooks to keep an eye on your food, because you need to eat more than just for yourself.'' the doctor tells me and I nod. It's unbelievable how far we are already and both me and Hakyeon can't wait to feel the baby, because this going to confirm for us that there is a little one on the way. We still think we are dreaming.

''But doctor, from which month do you suggest that my husband has to stop with attending events? I can imagine that it's going to be dangerous at some point.'' Hakyeon says and looks at the doctor as he holds my hand. Hakyeon has a lot of questions and I can understand that, because this pregnancy was also kinda unexpected to him.

''Your Majesty, don't worry too much. I always suggest to stop going into public at 8 months, because it's going to be a lot of pressure on the mother and I can understand that it's going to be a bigger pressure on your husband. It's been a long time since we've dealt with a pregnant man here.'' the doctor says and Hakyeon nods, before he looks at me.

That's when the doctor invites me to lay down on the research bench and I do as she told me to do. Hakyeon sits down next to me and holds my hand. I lift up my shirt with my other hand and the doctor spreads some gel on my stomach. As soon as the doctor places the little machine on my stomach, Hakyeon and I look at the screen. I only hope that our baby is healthy, I don't have a preference for a gender.

''There it is, Your Majesty. Your baby. It looks more like a little creature compared to when you saw your baby 2 months ago, am I right?'' the doctor says and I nod, my eyes not leaving the screen. It's unbelievable how much the baby has grown in the 2 months that I had to wait before this moment finally came.

Hakyeon and I smile at each other when we realise that this is our baby that grows inside me. We look at the screen again and the doctor tries to take a closer look at the baby, but I hear a chuckle coming from Hakyeon when the doctor has difficulties in finding out what the gender is of our little one.

''Your baby doesn't look like it wants me to know what its gender is.'' the doctor says and I chuckle. Our little one is going to be one who loves to hide itself and loves to play hide and seek with us. 

But I would like to know the gender of our baby, so I'm not going to leave until she has found out about the gender. It's important to know, because the baby room has to be prepared for the baby and we still have to get some clothes for our child.

''Ah, there it is. Your baby might play hide and seek with me, but I finally managed to see the gender of your baby. Congratulations Your Majesty, you're expecting a little girl.'' the doctor says and a wide smile is shown on my face as I look at Hakyeon. Hakyeon has a wide smile on his face aswell and he presses a kiss on my forehead.

''We're expecting a little princess, I'm so proud of you.'' Hakyeon says and the doctor cleans my stomach. I drop my shirt and I sit up straight on the research bench, but I don't get up yet. The doctor writes everything down on her clipboard and walks over to me once she is ready.

''I'll see you back next month. I wanna keep an eye on you, because you are a male who is carrying a baby.'' the doctor says and I nod. I understand that she wants to keep an eye on me for the next months, because it's been a long time since another male steps forward who carries a baby.

I look at Hakyeon and I wonder if he has a question to ask, but Hakyeon only smiles at me and shakes his head when he hears my question in his thoughts.

''Then you're free to go.'' the doctor says and I get up from the research bench. I bow as far as I can and I leave the room with Hakyeon.

''Goodness Taekwoon, I can't believe that we're having a little girl. I can't wait to hold her in my arms.'' Hakyeon says and he places a hand on my stomach. I place a kiss on his head and the two of us make our way to the livingroom.

We take a seat on the couch and both of us place hands on my stomach. Gosh, I can't believe that we're expecting a little girl. From now on, we can think of any names that we think might be wonderful. 

''Hehe, we can start of thinking about names.'' Hakyeon says to break the silence. I don't want to think of any right now, but I wanna think about names when I'm 6 or 7 months along. I mean, I discovered two months ago that I'm pregnant. So I need just a little more time to get used to this new life of becoming a parent.

''I know, but I wanna wait with it for another month or two. It's been two months since I discovered that I'm pregnant, so I need just a little more time to get used to this protruding stomach.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods, before he places a kiss on my temple.