SIDE A | Track 5

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

"Yah, you saw the news right?"

"What news?"

"The Kwon Yuri dating news!"

"Ahhh right, right. Waa, she's some lucky girl huh?"

"Rumor has it that she's a student at SBA. A senior."

"Eh? A student? I thought she was already a model."

"She was booked for a modeling ad in New York for internship. That's how they met."

"Is she beautiful? The picture isn't clear enough and they were looking at one another."

"Here she is."

"Omo!"

"I know right? She's not even that beautiful how can Yuri choose that kind of type."

"No that's not it. Isn't that the girl?"

"Heol. That is her!"

"She's not even that amazing in person. What does Yuri sees in her anyway?"

"I don't even know... Maybe the saying's true- love does make you blind."


The saleslady were already giving the two women a stare but Jessica pays no mind as she tells the employee that she will pay for the meat the she chose. She waits a few more minutes to have her purchase be ready. She smiles at the lady one last time exiting the butcher shop, places her cap on and walks back to their apartment.

It has only been 3 days since the announcement and everyone all over the world has gone crazy about it. All of them were waiting for the company's response to it thinking it was just one of those late night drunken dinner accidental post that was never meant to be shown in the public eye but they were all surprised when Taeyeon confirmed it and they were trying a new approach to confirm the dating news rather than having a media company post so many pictures about them and just confirming.

The only good news is everyone was not totally focusing on their announcement but there were also fans who were curious about Hyoyeon and Min's relationship and what's the real score for Sunny and Sooyoung who- even from the beginning fans start to ship them and dreamed them to be a real-life couple. Having the shop a little bit away from her home made her remember the very first tabloid her eyes laid upon when the news came out.

 

 Kwon Yuri is dating Barbie:

It has been a while since Yuri's dating scandal has been roaming around the internet for quite some time causing a major mayhem along with the various posts,statements and photos earlier this year. Now, after years of hidng and months of silence, Barbie a.k.a. Cinderella has a name- and the name is Jessica Jung.

 

 

"Tiff I'm home!" Jessica says as she walks towards the kitchen where she sees her friend cooking. "Wow, this looks good."

"Thanks Jess, I've been working hard on my cooking skills for some time now."

"Good to know you're not burning a pancake eh?" She giggles. "I've got the meat! Let's go and have some bbq party!"

"Wow, you look energized. Is it because you came home breathing like a normal person and not some maniac running in the hallway looking half-dead?"

The latter glares at her playfully as they set up for their dinner. "It's Sunday so people are actually focusing with their families instead of other people's lives."

"Oh so their fans do have their holy mode on and don't touch you?"

"I guess." She shrugs. "But that doesn't stop them from talking about me though. But can we talk about this later? I am soooo hungry."

"Fine, only because I don't wanna upset my godchild."

 

After dinner, the duo decided to open up the huge french windows from their apartment and sat on the edge of it- giving them a perfect look of the downtown. The atmosphere was so beautiful even more so when Tiffany starts to play classic hits using her pink LP player. With two cups of tea and a few biscuits in hand, they usually just talk about everything under the sun and wait for the night to come right them giving them another different view of the city.

 

 

"So... School returns tomorrow." Tiffany says in a matter of fact tone.

"Yeah it is."

"Are you prepared?"

"Kinda."

"Want to tell me about them?"

Jessica sighs and looks down on her feet dangling and swinging with their apartment seven floors above ground. "People from my school start to message my SNS and post comments. I couldn't even start from counting the messages I got from Hara and Irene."

"They're that mad?"

"Mad is an understatement." She answers. "But nonetheless I told them to meet me tomorrow early morning so I could tell them everything."

"Everything? You mean like the truth?"

"The other truth." Tiffany nods her head in understanding. "What do you think?"

"About what?"

"You think I could lie to them? To everyone else?"

Tiffany looks at her troubled best friend. "You've been through worse Jessica Jung. Of course you can handle it."

Jessica smiles back. "You're right, I can handle this."

 


"Spill."

"Yeah Jes, spill."

"Geez." Jessica takes a sip of her warm drink. "Don't I get a good morning from you two?"

"Good morning." They said in unison.

"Now spill." Hara glares at her.

"Just ask and I'll answer."

"Okay let's start with the easy ones. How long have you been lying to us?"

"For two years."

"You've been dating Kwon Yuri for that long?" Irene asks with an unbelievable look on her face which she answers with a timid nod. "Hold on a second- how did you guys even meet?"

"We met in New York. Remember the time when I went for a summer job there?" The two girls agree with her. "Well I did land a modeling event and I kind of met her there."

"And how many dates did you guys get into before you made it official?"

"Forgot about it." She says, just because she never talked that with Yuri in the first place. "But it was more than five I'm sure."

"So all this fan girling over their band it was-"

"I was being her number one supporter."

"Does this means the time where you told me that you need to rush back to school to grab something-"

"I just wanted to say to her that she has done a good job that day."

While Hara was still stunned with her answers, Irene wanted more. "I just don't get it Jes..." She trails off. "If you guys were already for almost two years, why let her continuously sing and write about heart breaking sad songs?"

 

 

"I think we pretty much covered the loopholes when it regards to our relationship. Remember, when there will be abrupt questions I will take care of it. and if I am not around- you tell them that you are in no position to tell them and that you have to talk to me first." Jessica nods, taking another bite of her ice cream scoop. "Anything else you want to add?"

She places her spoon back at the cup. "Well what if..." She trails off, unsure whether if it was okay to ask this. "What if they ask me why I let you sing and write sad songs despite of being together for quite some time now? H-how will I answer?"

"How would you answer it?"

"Eh?" Jessica blinks at the sudden question. "But I thought you're supposed to-"

"Let's say I wasn't there with you."

"Then I will answer it with I'll have to talk to Yuri about this?"

"Don't you think they're gonna wonder why? It's kind of fishy that you being my girlfriend for two years doesn't know about it." 

She thought about it for while. "I'm not sure if this is the right answer."

"Just try." She plops her arms on the table and leans a little bit forward. "So Jessica, Why do you let Yuri sing and write sad songs if she's happily in love with you?"

"Because that's where she's good at." She says, making Yuri intrigued on what she has to say. "Some people are good at writing love songs, happy songs, songs about their exes or society issues but some of them- despite of being in a stable relationship is good at writing sad songs."

"And that doesn't offend you?" She follows-up.

"Why would I be offended of her art? Sad songs are her forte and I won't stop just because I'm her girlfriend. Besides, she helps people heal their hearts and she's doing a very nice deed for her fans."

"You don't want her to change it?"

Jessica smiles as she plays with her ice cream. "That's why I fell for her the first place." She looks up and sees Yuri with an unexplainable facial expression making her worry. "Y-you don't like it?"

She shifts back to her original expression and looks at from the window. "Make sure you memorize the thought or else there's really going to be a loophole."


 

Jessica looks at her friends. "Because that's where she's good at and that's the reason why I fell for her in the first place."


A few more added question and finally her friends were satisfied with her answers and she was able to convince them that this 'relationship' thing is indeed a fact. They still feel bad though because they weren't given a heads-up that apparently their friend is dating one of the hottest star in their country but with Jessica leaving them with a promise to a free pass to their favorite events.

Entering the school, Jessica felt her knees starts to get weak. She had this whole scenario all over her head- the walk of shame, the eyes staring back at her, mouths gossiping about her and judge her by the way she looks. Bathroom conversation filled with cursing and endless critcisms about her. She knows the place all too well.

Thankfully her friends were there to back her up. The moment they step foot on the main hallway- Irene and Hara wrapped an arm on each of her side while glaring at the students who dare try to look at their way and they didn't let her go to any place of the campus alone- even if it mean sticking around the library for almost two hours.

But that doesn't mean some of the stares and talks doesn't get through her. She has seen them in the hallways, heard them still in the stalls even the faint whispers from the classroom from the far end. All of those made her very self-conscious and uncomfortable, especially when she sees photos of her coming home.


 

"Hey there! How's first day of school?" Tiffany welcomes her with a warm greeting.

"It was great mom, I immediately made friends but sadly they were just imaginary." She sarcastically answers but then giggles afterwards. "It was manageable."

"Really?"

"Well besides the horrible all eyes on me vibe I was pretty okay. That's just because Hara and Irene were with me." She sighs as she slumps on her seat. "I felt like I was constantly followed and seriously? Even on my way home?"

"I know... The comments section are really something else."

"Pfft, tell me about it. What is she standing like that? Oh look she leaves in a crappy apartment- heol why does she sit in that kind of manner? So unlady." She rolls her eyes.

"I've read that article too but I've stumbled upon something waaaay better than we both read." She hands Jessica the tab and lights the screen up.


Welcome to Yulsic Fanpage!
The Home for the fans of the Real Life Pairing of S.H.Y.'s Kwon Yuri and Ice Princess Jessica Jung

[+47, -14] Omo! It's so nice for you to make this one! I am a fan of them!
 

[+25, -8] Nice name! It has a ring on it! #Yulsic4eva

[+33, -10] Gahh, these two are so perfect together based on their photos!

[+18, -5] I really like Jessica unnie! She's so wonderful!

[+20, -9] She's the perfect match for our broken hearted Yuri!


 

 

"Wait- hold on- ice princess?" She takes a look at Tiffany who was looking away. "What did you do..."

"I might have been joining a few forums and one of them was the talk about making a name for you. Then I kind of slipped?"

"How much did you slipped?"

"Saying that I am one of your close friends and even posted a close picture of us." She hands her the phone.

"OH MY GOD TIFFANY!"

"SORRY! BUT I HAD TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO BELIEVE ME!"

"Ughh!" She massages the bridge of her nose. "Out of all the pics- why post this picture of ours having bare face! I'm gonna be okay if your bare face was included but you just had to put a freaking pink heart over it!"

"I did it for the fans!" Jessica groans and just shook her head. It's not like she could change of it anyways.

"How did you know about these forums and whatnots?"

"I just searched your name via internet and poof!" She eyesmiles. "Cute isn't it?"

"It's nice to know that not everyone disapproves of our relationship."

"They just hate you because they're not you Jess, everyone knows that." The latter doesn't answer making Tiffany tap her lap. "I know this is just the beginning but I promise you- everything is going to work out well in the end."

"Thanks, I needed that." She looks at the eye-smiling beauty. "What would I do without you?"

"Die?" She laughs and soon enough the ice princess was joining her. "I'm kidding."

"Nah, that's probably the truth."


"Yah, let's head out and buy a drink."

"It's two in the morning."

"And I am worn out with all these brain-storming. It's just a drink or two come on."

"Let's just have our food delievered." Hyoyeon fishes out her phone. "Heol."

"Why? Forgot to pay for your phone bill again?"

"Apparently sister-in-law is a trending topic now."

 

Yuri who was sitting two chairs away from them stopped playing her instrument the moment 'sister-in-law' escapes Hyoyeon's mouth. She spares the dumb and dumber duo a glances with them being completely oblivious because they were so glued to the handphone making her roll her eyes. True, it made her curious as to what was the scandal all about but she didn't want to give them the satisfaction of showing her concern towards her future 'wife.' So she returns to playing in the instrument and waits for her attention to be called out.

 

 

"Yah, don't you think it's too much?"

"Yeah. I mean, they don't even know Jessica that much so how come they could say those things?"

"What should we do about this?" Sooyoung then looks at Yuri. "Yuri-ah, aren't you going to do something?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know- protect her?" She argues back with a matter-of-fact tone.

"Because?"

"Because she's the mother of your child?" Hyoyeon butts in- also stating the obvious. "Her safety should be her priority."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter