SIDE A | Track 15

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hani come here! Come to mommy!"

"Who's the prettiest doggy in the world? Who is?"

"Aigoo! Yes you are! Of course you are! Hani Kwon is the prettiest dog in the world!"

"Come here Hani! Don't leave mommy all alone!"

"Tch, traitor."

"Just go and do your laps Yuri."

 

Yuri rolls her eyes as she does what she's told while Jessica who places down her book tends to their shivering first child. This is a usual set-up for them once in a while whenever Yuri doesn't have due schedules the next day. It's usually filled with Yuri helping Jessica tend to the plants within their garden or Yuri fetching her up when she's done wiht her morning work out and the brunette with the pregnancy yogay classes then heading out for some healthy options for breakfast.

But there are other times, where Yuri wins their rock-paper-scissors play before officially starting their morning as they both sit up on Yuri's bed preparing which weapon to use for the battle and when the tanned-Korean does win, it would consist of Jessica teaching her some recipes but mostly it would just be granting of Yuri's endless whining of having extra minutes more in bed before she leaves for work.

And yes, ever since the reconciliation- Jessica has never slept in her yellow-themed bed room.

 

 

"You know." Yuri speaks as she was done with her laps. "I was thinking that maybe we should buy something for Chin-Hae before I head out to my schedule."

"Your schedule is at 11 in the morning Yuri there's barely shops open by then. And speaking of your schedule, you need to get up already so that when oppa comes you'll be on time- this time around."

"No."

"Do you really want unnie to call you?" Jessica asks pertaining to another of Yuri's personal manager."

"But it's still nine in the morning! The venue isn't far from here either."

"You take one hour to prepare."

"I am already taking a bath."

"Don't you get smarty pants with me." Just then Jessica's phone rings. "See what I mean?"

Yuri rolls her eyes for the nth time. "She's so time-conscious."

"Hey unnie, yeah she's up. She's also whining about your professionalism. Yeah, I know." The brunette giggles. "Well she is at the pool right now so she can't talk but I'll put you on speaker unnie."

"Yah Kwon Yuri." Jessica laughs hearing the manager's strict voice. "Are we goping to have this argument again?"

"But unnie! It's still too early to move!"

"Stop being a kid and hurry up. Oppa is already near your home."

"Unnie, can Jessica come at my schedule?"

"Sure she can. It's better even since I can't be there with you, someone will straighten you up."

"No, I will not leave this house until I leave for my schedule today."

"You have schedule with me later so better leave earlier." Yuri smirks. "I'm dragging you with me."

"Yuri I sw-"

"Unnie, can you tell oppa not to pick me up? I'll be driving with Jessica anyways."

"Okay, I'll tell him to get some snacks for you guys. Any requests?"

"Sandwich and Americano."

"I'll just have tea unnie." Manager hums in response before ending the call. "I swear I'm going to kill you."

Yuri chuckles. "Well at least with you around I can't be that sleepy."

"Why?"

"Because you're fun to tease."

"Just get up already we need to get ready now."

"No."

"Yuri." Jessica warns her wife. "Don't make me step my foot down."

"Fine, but can you help me out first? My arms are a little sore from all those laps I made."

 

The brunette sighs, pushing herself up as she walks closer to the latter offering both of her hands for Yuri to take. However she instantly regrets it after realizing that was all for show and it was too late as she finds herself being submerged in the water.

 

 

"KWON YURI!!!!" She screams out but the latter just laughs out loud. "You are so mean!"

"Awe come on Sica, I just want more minutes besides I'm driving the two of us there."

"You are really a stubborn and an impossible person do you know that?"

"This impossible and stubborn person that you're talking about is also childish!" She suddenly splashes the brunette with water. "Boom!"

"YAHHH!" Hearing Jessica's screams, Hani jumps on the pool and Yuri got the additional minutes that she wanted.

 

After Yuri's personal schedule, the Royal couple drove to the next schedule where they were heading out to the ski resort where they are going to be featured for a couples' magazine and the front cover after being voted as the number trending and hottest couple in the entire country which was pretty big knowing that they were both new comers in the married industry.

 

"Excuse me, but we're going to what?"

"Choose each others' wardrobe." One of the staffs says.

"But-"

"Oh don't give me that look I know Jessica has been secretly picking your outfits for the day."

"Yeah I wish the same thing too." The brunette mumbles to herself but it was muffled with the staff's laugh.

"Wardrobe section is on that room."

 

Saying farewell to the employee, both of them head down to the wardrobe area where immediately as they step foot inside, Jessica's eyes sparkle and to Yuri, she looked like a kid walking in on a candy store. Which was adorable, in Yuri's thinking since she would have this content feeling and excitement whenever she sees her wife reacting like that.

 

"You know I thought you were getting used to seeing these amount of clothes but I guess not."

"Sorry I just- I'm happy seeing a lot of clothes." She chuckles nervously. "Am I that obvious?"

"A little but don't worry your secret's safe with me."

"It's just exciting because I always had this dream of wearing the latest trends and I'd wake up and really have a great day." She smiles as she recalls the memory. "I still can't believe that I get to live my dream."

"I'm happy that you are."

Jessica turns to her with that smile imprinted still on her face. "It's because of you I get to live it." She says. "Thank you."

 

After taking ample amount of time, Jessica and Yuri were out and greeted the photographer who was in-charge of them today. The couple got praised for choosing each others' outfit and gave out follow up reminders before starting up the shoot which involved a lot of intimacy contact but they don't mind since they were pretty much doing those simple, soft things now. And it was much easier because they have finally admitted that there's feelings involved between them, they just don't want to rush things yet.

The photoshoot was wrapped up and now the couple are seated in the love seat in front of the cameras and the crew telling them about the segment for this online streaming interview for the magazine. The first part is where they answer question about anything general and the current events and happenings of their life- including Yuri's music career and Jessica's rising career.

 

 

"What are you plans after promoting your single?"

"I'll take some time off music just so I could focus on Jessica and the baby."

"You made a shocking announcement in your band's last concert where you released a new single called 'Ever Enough' and surprisingly it wasn't the usual heartbroken lyrics that we were used to hear from you but the exact opposite. The fans obviously had mixed reactions about it but we'd like to know what made you push through this idea to release this song?"

"My band was known for healing people with heartbreaking songs. The public would always tell us that they're waiting for their hearts to be broken whenever they're waiting for a new single or album from us and they'd usually tag me whenever they finished listening to the songs. It's nice to know that someone out there deals with the same pain as you are but then I started to realize that it does get saddening sometimes. After the lights are shut off and the fans disappear- I often wonder to myself when will this sadness of mine end?" She says. "Because even the time when I was already dating her, I was still having a hard time to be happy because I was scared."

"I was scared of the thought that if I let go of my sadness, I would lose my touch with music and everything I've worked hard for and dreamed for would be gone in an instant. But everytime I am with her, the more I accepted that I was no longer feeling the pain- the sadness that I've felt for so long. It was only until earlier that I've come to realize that while it's okay and understandable to be sad, to cry but I think it's better to allow yourself to be happy again."

"It's better to rise above the tears rather than drowning yourself over it, it's better to focus on the present rather than desperately changing the past when you can no longer could. It's okay to smile and let people into your life again because-" She takes a pause to give Jessica- who was obviously flustered a look. "Because you have to realize that not everyone is going to hurt you and they're going to stay and make you feel things only if you let them. I know it because I've been through it."

"After hearing what Yuri had just said, what do you feel about it?"

"I admit there were struggles, a lot of struggles during the start of our relationship and it took us a great amount of effort to get where we are right now because she had issues and I've also got mine but I'm happy that she thinks of me that way and I just want her to know that the relationship wasn't easy but it wasn't because she was hard to love, because you can never be 'hard to love' to someone who truly loves you for who you are."

"And if she releases another heartbreaking song would you be okay with it?"

"Absolutely." She nods her head affirmatively. "I've told her this since day one but I'm just going to remind her again that I want her to write songs on what she curently feels and what she thinks inside her head. I hope that she knows that I'll be here for her whichever road she decides to take, because I really mean it when I said to her that I'll be with her for better or for worst."

 

Right after hearing what she just said, she immediately hides in Yuri's arms which made the teasing in the studio abeit louder while Yuri could only grin due to happiness and pride she feels as of the moment.

 

"Okay now moving to the next round." The producer says. "Who is more expressive with feelings 1, 2, 3- oh so both of you guys said it's Yuri. Why?"

"Rather than saying what she's feeling, she's more on the use of actions which is better because I get to read it right away and she doesn't have to say everything which is easier on her part because she's not so good with words."

"Next question, who apologizes first- 1, 2, 3- Oohh Jessica? You're the one who apologizes first?"

"Well mostly because things are usually my fault. But if Yuri knows she's at fault then she would also apologize first. With the matching grand gestures but I told her to stop because I don't need anything else but the honesty of her apologizing."

"Who tends to me moody most of the time. 1, 2, 3- both of you answered Jessica. Is it because of the pregnancy?"

"Definitely the pregnancy." Yuri immediately agrees. "She's like an active volcano where you don't know when it'll errupt. When she's in a good mood, then you're in a better mood like you're in cloud nine but when she's in the bad mood- you just need to cry out for help because she's going to come for you, really." She says. "I even start calling her the ice princess."

Jessica gasps and slaps Yuri really hard. "Ice princess?! You're so mean!"

"Everyone, you just witnessed how my daily life goes. Mom, dad- if you can hear me, save me please." The comical act earned another slap from a laughing Jessica. "But just to clear it; she's a warm ice." She turns to look at Jessica. "A very warm ice."

The staffs tease them again before moving onto the next question. "Ooh, I think everybody wants to know about this one. Okay, what are your pet names for one another. 1, 2-"

"Hold on!"

"Give us an extension!"

 

The couple was internally panicking because out of all the things they already discussed, they were unable to talk about this predictable topic. Jessica looks at Yuri who silently gives her wing it look before scribbling down on the board. Jessica does the same and the producer says times up and they revealed their boards. All of the producers and staffs gave out cringy reactions (in a good way) of course.


"Heol! Is this even reveal?" Jessica and Yuri looked at each other's boards with wide eyes. "Oh we have to hear this! What's the story behind Kwon Seobang and Sica baby?"

"Well..." Yuri coughs out- cheeks still tinted with hues of pink. "It- it started off with..."

"With a random thought." Jessica saves her. "We were looking around in Hong Kong and there were a lot of couples within the park and she suddenly asks me why I never act cute for her. Then I just answered not within my age and marital status which she of course argues back-"

"Because she's always been young to me. Whether we're going to have this interview 14 or 20 years later, I'm going to still call her that."

Jessica bites her lower lip in happiness. "Anyway I told her I was going to do it as long she won't tease me about it."

"Can we hear it? The ever famous Kwon Seobang aegyo?"

"Do it, do it." Yuri says, totally excited by what's about to come.

Jessica closes her eyes before turning to Yuri with a pout. "Kwon Seobang~"


Yuri jumps and walks around the studio full on red as a tomato. The entire crowd was cheering and Jessica was just in her seat frozen to embarrassment. Yuri returns back to her seat and lets Jessica once again hide in her arms while she just sits there totally proud and happy on what she just heard.

 

 

"Now that we've seen the Kwon Seobang aegyo, I think it's just fair for all of us to see the Sica baby right?"

"Excuse me what?"


"Happy birthday Chin-Hae!"


The Kwon clan clapped their hands as they cheered for the newest member in the family turn 1. All of them had this proud faces as the little cutie was all giddy holding onto a piano toy and it was without a doubt- Chin Hae will grow up a piano legend like her mother, Kwon Min Kyung who probably has the proudest smile on her face knowing that her son will follow her footsteps.

Another thing that the family is happy to gush about is Jessica's pegnancy. Jessica was being asked non-stop questions and hearing pregnancy advices from her family-in laws which was great knowing that they fully support and were ready to assist Jessica if she ever needs help. Apart from the birthday- they were also happy to see the return of the bubbly and energetic Kwon Yuri.

They first thought that the idol probably just had too much caffeine but when Jessica shares that she's usually like that especially when she's surrounded by kids all of them confessed that Yuri used to hate things like this, which really caught Jessica off guard.

 

 

"You keep doing whatever it is that you're doing okay Sica?"

"Thank you auntie." She bows down before as their conversation ends there.

"I"ve always knwon you for being a great woman but for me to see that you have this kind of effect on my daughter just makes me so happy and contented that you're the one she chose to be as her wife."

"Mrs. Kwon, good evening." She greets the latter with a formal bow.

"Sica, we already talked about this."

"Sorry, Hi mom." The brunette smiles as she greets her this time with a quick peck on the cheek.

"How are you feeling darling? All these schedules must've been tiring you out huh?"

"It's okay, I don't have schedule like I used to since they all know I'm nearing my bearing."

"And how is ooi?"

"He's pretty much cooperative. I'm glad that he understands I have schedules but when he does annoy me- ugh."

Mrs. Kwon chuckles as she perfectly understands. "I get it. But sweetie pie, how are things going with the decision-making?"

"Decision-making?"

"Yuri never mentioned a thing?" The daughter-in-law waits for her to continue on what she has to say. "Well, Yuri told me that she's been talking to your parents back home asking for some house recommendations."

"House recommendations?"

"I've been told that Yuri wants to buy another property right near the beach and the one that has ample space to build a stable for horses. I was kind of surprised because she was never fond of horses that is until I remember your mother used to tell me that you grew up riding horses with your dad. Yuri told us how much you missed home and she said she wanted to do something about it. So she's been driving around all across the country with your father-in-law."

 

Jessica looks at Yuri who was busy discussing something with her father and the rest of the male Kwons. She was using all these grand gestures with her hand as they listen on what she has to say while giving side comments every now and then. Just as when she thinks that there's no possible way for her to fall in love with Yuri even more- Yuri does these things.

 

 

Yuri notices Jessica's stare and so she excused herself to join in their conversation. "Hey you guys."

"Speaking of the devil." Mrs. Kwon smirks which makes her daughter furrow her eyebrows. "Anyway, I'll first talk to the other family members. Jessica puffcake it was lovely meeting you. I'll catch up with you soon okay?"

"Why did my mother gave you a wink? What were you guys talking about?"

"She was just talking some funny things about first birthday celebrations in your clan. Nothing big."

"I remember my auntie telling me that when it was my turn to have my first birthday, they were not surprised when I pulled out a television toy. They really thought I was going to follow my parents' footsteps on becoming a news anchor but then dad enrolled me to a guitar summer lesson and I've been liking it ever since."

"Well you do appear from the television quite often so I guess picking that toy was still the right choice."

"What about you? What did you pick when you e?"

"I've celebrated my first birthday Western style."

"Fast food, mascots and loud kids?"

"Replace the fast food with mom's home cooked meals and that would be the exact replica of my first birthday."

"Do you want ooi to have a Western style for his first birthday?"

"I prefer this way. It's more of a traditional and I want ooi to relate to his friends in school when he grows up."

"What would you like for the choices to be?"

"Obviously the guitar is going to be there so a book, a baseball and stove toy."

"A what?"

"A stove toy."

"Why would there be a stove toy?"

"Because I'm good a cooking! Who knows he might be the next Gordon Ramsay." Yuri just chuckles at her imaginations. "Can we also add money? I bet my dad would like if his grandson grows up like him."

"Ooh! Can we put a happy face too?" Jessica was confused with what she just said. "Because I was thinking how come there was never a happy face during the picking ceremony and I think it should be included you know, we should give them the option to be happy." She says. "Some choose to be a musician, a doctor, a lawayer that often times we, as parents forget to include the choice of being happy. When the time comes, I'll be happy if he chooses the guitar but I'll be more than happy if he chooses the happy face."

Jessica just melted listening to Yuri talk like that. "I like that idea too. I also hopes he picks the happy face."

"I know right?"

"Who gave you that kind of an idea though?"

She shrugs like she's just casually playing it. "Just someone who makes me really happy these days.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter