SIDE A | Track 16

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

"Why is she so annoying?"

"No, I think you're the one that's annoying."

"Oh great, you're just like them, judging me without knowing the full story. My side of the story."

"So tell me what's the full story bud because in my perspective? You're a ing prick."


Yuri sighs as she takes a rest on her seat, jazz music surrounding their area as she plays with the shot of scotch in her hand while Hyoyeon patiently waits for her to start explaining things. Right after the subtle confrontation, Yuri decides to leave the house and just in time Hyoyeon calls her in, asking her if she was free before telling her that she needs a drink due to all of this final changes of her wedding as it's nearing the 'x' mark.

So now the two of them are seated in the VIP section of the lounge with the blonde girl worrying about her marriage which is about to start and a jet black haired girl worrying about her marriage which is about to fall apart.

 

 

"Juran came back."

"So I've heard."

"She came back when I was rushing home for my dinner."

"And how did the two of you meet?"

"When I decided that I should get Jessica flowers."

"Pfft! Flowers? Come on-" She scoffs. "You don't do flowers!"

"Until I've decided." She says. "I was going to do it you know."

"Decided to what?" Hyoyeon was suddenly intrigued. "What were you planning to do Yuri?"

"I was finally going to be happy."

Hyoyeon groans. "But then Juran happened."

"I was so excited to go home that day you know..." She recalls. "I got her flowers."

"You said that earlier."

"I mean, can you believe that? I got flowers for Jessica." Her bestfriend nods her head. "I never send flowers to anyone- not even Juran."

"Because you said that what's the point of the flowers when they're going to be dead for a few days."

"But Jessica likes flowers." She says. "Then Juran appeared and told me that she was lonely and she has never felt so empty before in her life and I felt her sadness and I wanted to be there for her."

"So you fall for her trap again and you put her first, just like you always do."

"It wasn't like that."

"You were helpless before and yet she didn't give a about you right? Did she turn around to check up on you? No!"

"She explained that part to me. Juran wasn't allowed to engage in any contact outside of Japan."

"That's ing ridiculous! Oh wait- let me guess, you believed her."

"I gave her the benefit of doubt."

"What's the difference? You're giving her too benefit anyways. Did you guys ed already?"

"What? No! Hyo, I would never do like that!"

"Can't blame me if you smelled like cheap scent from one of our dinners. Dammit Yuri, you've been hanging out with Juran for a month now, don't you think it's time for her to stand up on her own? Are you not seeing what's she's doing to you?"

"You don't understand, she's changed already Hyo." She tries to reason out. "There was something different about her and about us. It felt good you know, she really cares about the things I say and pay attention to the details. I can really tell that she's learned from the past and she continues to prove that to me both in her actions and in words."

The latter shakes her head is disagreement. "Okay, so what's your plan right now? You're going to tell her that your marriage is actually non-existent and it's just a cover-up because you accidentally did the pregnancy position with a random woman who happens to be the nicest human on earth-may I just point that out, can I point that out?"

"You can definitely point that out."

"Then I am pointing that out." She lightly slams her palm against the wooden table. "And then what? Huh Yul? Are you going to tell her too that you don't have feelings for Jessica, that it's still her that you want- because she's the only one in your heart? Is that it?"

"Hyoyeon, we both know that I have feelings for Jessica okay? She makes me happy."

"So why the do you keep coming back to the person who made you sad? Haven't you gotten tired of the scenario Yuri? Don't you feel that everytime you try to be happy- Juran's like, right there- like a stalker!"

"I'm happy with Jessica but with Juran- it's different and I know you can't understand me right now because you're not in my situation but Juran and I go way back. We've known each other for a really long time and I feel like she knows me the best. She makes me feel secured and I don't feel like that with Jessica."

"Wow, okay never knew Juran is an insurance girl right now since she's making you feel secured but okay. Whatever." She shrugs.

"Hyo, don't be like this man I need your help."

Once again her bestfriend slams the shot glass against the table. "You know what, you're right. I don't understand you because unlike you Yul? I have this thing called awareness and you know what's this awareness for? To see the obvious bull. And you know this thing with Juran? Yeah, I see it Yul. I ing see the obviousness of that woman who's trying to lure you back and what do you do? You crawl right back into that hole."

"Come on, let's talk-"

"No, I'm not going to talk to you. Not after what you just told me- or not told me but that vibe." She says with the matching grand hand gestures. "You are obviously dipping back into her and you're not even saving yourself and that annoys the hell out of me because I saw you go through this heartbreak!" Yuri remains in silence, knowing well that arguing with a furious Kim Hyoyeon would only lead to her death.

"I really thought for a second that you've changed bud. With Jessica around, it felt like you were the Yuri who enjoyed life, who didn't give two cents what other people think and just be genuinely happy but- looking at you right now? I've realized that you're still that sad teenager who thinks that no one else will love her except the woman who broke her because you guys had the longest relationship. I wanted to talk some sense into but- now I just pity you man. I'm glad Jessica's done with you."

 

Hyoyeon grabs her things and leaves Yuri all alone in her table with her bestfriend's words swimming around her head. Sighing to herself, she wondered if all what they were saying about her were true. Was she a prick? A blind woman? Ar arse? A cheater? How could she even cheat? This is all just an act between her and Jessica, she was married yeah for sure but for legal purposes and to save her career. Jessica was merely a nobody before so why the hell would she be bothered now?

She shakes her head, getting rid of the final shot of her drink and wondered how will she face the media, the fans, her boss and bandmates, her family-

 

 

"Hello?"

"Hey Juran, it me." She looks at the far distant. "Can I come over?"


Kwon Yuri's Response: I am not cheating

Kim Juran's reaction to the scandal: Yuri and I are just friends.

Jessica Kwon Remains Silent on Yuri's Cheating Scandal

 

 

"I already gave my statement to the public that I am not cheating what the hell is their problem?"

"Not cheating? Are you ing kidding me?" Taeyeon spats. "Then why the hell did you spend a night at Juran's place?"

"H-how-"

Out of anger, Taeyeon slaps the papers straight at her artist's face. "Because I am not ing stupid Yuri! I have my eyes on my artists. You expect me to be a CEO of an entertainment company and not know the in's and out's of the business?"

"You guys weren't talking to me so-"

"So you resulted into talking with your is that it."

"I get that you're angry with me but do not insult Juran like that!"

"You don't get to call the shots here Kwon Yuri let me tell you that." Taeyeon hisses as she steps closer to the younger woman. "I can call that woman whatever I want because she's the main reason why my stocks are getting lower! And I'm not angry with you- I'm livid Yuri. Do you know that? Of course you don't- you don't have a ing brain because if you do, then you wouldn't have allowed this to happen so sit the down." Yuri complies against her will. "And just to clear things, we were talking to you, you're just too dense to hear us out. Or is it because Juran's putting things inside your head am I right?"

"Taeyeon, once again- she's not like that kind of a woman."

"And you're not like this either so between us who's telling a lie?" She challenges as she continues to glare at her artist as she takes her seat.

"Just- just tell me what to do so I can get out of your hair."

"You go home, talk to Jessica. Tell her to say something in the media so that we can push past through this because it's not like we can wait for our government to up right?" She sighs out loud. "And do me a favor- get your head out of your and think straight even if you're not straight! She's your wife for crying out loud!"

"I'm just married to her for my career."

"Well at least you and Juran now have something in common right?" Taeyeon cockily says. "Fix this before it blows up in our faces and it'll be all too late for us to mend this."

"How am I suppose to do that? I'm not even sure she'll want to talk to me."

"Well I don't know Yuri that's why everyone has been asking you to pull your head out of your ." She sighs. "Go. I'll try to do something about this mess." Yuri complies and within a few moments Sunny enters the office. "So?"

"I did what you asked me to do."

"Good."

Sunny takes a vacant seat and just observes her boss. "Taeyeon can I ask something?" The latter nods her head. "What are you planning?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you telling Yuri to try and talk to Jessica but then she couldn't because Jessica is not in the house but in Tiffany's house. How will they talk if you pull them away?"

"Because I'm going to give Yuri a dose of her own medicine. She will not realize her fault until Jessica is completely gone off the radar without her knowing." Sunny just nods in agreement. "Anyway, does the offer for Yuri to be the new face of that fragrance company owned by Juran's family still stands?"

"It still does."

"And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Jessica is one of the candidates for being the new face of the charity she just joined right?" The latter nods again. "The ambassador for that group is... What was that guy's name? Damn, he's so forgetful."

"Tyler."

Taeyeon claps her hand together. "Yeah, that man. Okay so the next step, get the deal for Yuri and make sure Jessica gets that spot."

"Then that would mean-"

"Juran will probably think this is me supporting her revelation about them being friends but that woman won't know what's about to hit her." Taeyeon smirks. "This will teach her a lesson."

 

"You can do this Yuri, you can definitely do this."


She purses her lips together as she exits the car and enters their home. Placing her keys on the counter, she wondered why the house seemed so silent. Hani on the other hand sent out barks and welcomes her hooman with kisses and . She puts the dog down and go to Jessica's room where she stood there like a rock.

 

"Are you there? Can we talk?"

She knocks against the white wood door. "Look, I know you're in there so can you just go out? We really need to talk."

"Come on Jes, let's talk."

Now her irritation just got higher. "Are you really ignoring me right now?" Then she proceeds to knock harder. "Come on be mature and let's talk about this."

"Sica come on!" All of a sudden, she remembers the incident that Jessica has experienced, causing her fear to rise. "Jessica? Jessica open this door right now."

"I'm not even kidding- open this door!"

"If you're not going to open this door then I'm going to destroy this one!"

"Aish- really?!"

 

She continues to kick the door hard- hoping that it'd be down with one hard kick. Memories of Jessica's first spotting- where she was there to witness the entire thing, fueled her determination to open the door which until now is left undisturbed. Finally Yuri remembers the fire extinguisher installed in the kitchen so she runs back for it and starts to hit the door hard. When she finally succeeded, Jessica's name was the first to escape from her lips.

But what surprised her is the fact that the room was empty. No blood, no faint, and no unconscious Jessica. She lets outs a sigh of relief but immediately wondered that if Jessica is not inside the room, then where is she?

So Yuri decides to roam the entire house hoping that in one of those rooms would be holding her wife but apparently, there's no Jessica Kwon was found. All her search has brought her back to the living room, sighing and wonders where are her wife's current whereabouts.

 

 

"Hani do you know where your other mom is?" The dog tilts her head to the side. "Did she leave the house?"

"Woof!"

"Do you think she went to her best friend's house to vent out?" The Pomeranian barks again. "What do you think I should do? Should I also make her a dinner? Hoping to lift up her mood so she could talk to me?"

"Woof!"

Yuri smiles. "Alright, I'll cook her favorite dish. I'm going to cook her favorite so that she'll be in a very good mood and we'll be in good terms."

 

But three hours have already passed since she has cooked and the food was probably dry and gooey but there were still no signs of Jessica arriving soon. She looks at her phone, no calls- no texts no nothing. Her twenty missed calls wasn't returned ever since so it only resulted to Yuri calling for the number one person who probably knows about Jessica.

 

"She's not there?"

"Yeah Yul she's not here." Tiffany answers.

"What do you mean she's not there Tiff, she should be there."

"I'm not her only friend in the country."

"Fine, I'll call Hara or Irene but please tell me that if you have any updates on her."

"Will do."

 

She calls Hara, she calls Irene. She also calls her bandmates, her manager and even her other family members who were close to her but she either gates a sarcastic comment first, a hate or an insult before getting the same answer- they don't know the brunette's whereabouts. It somehow got Yuri really nervous and starts to call Jessica again as she returns to the brunette's room trying her luck to see if there's any leads to where she might be.

Due to the silence of the house, Yuri's hearing was heightened and somehow she hears a buzzing sound coming from the bed, like it was muffled. The Black Pearl finally approaches the bed, removing the arranged pilows only to find out that it was Jessica's phone- which increased her worry. Her attention was diverted to the closet and finds out one odd thing that lead her to calling her wife's best friend again.


 

"Yuri?"

"She's not anywhere Tiffany. Please tell me that you know something."

"I'm sorry but I don't have." Tiffany's answer causes Yuri to groan. "I tried calling her but she wasn't answering."

"Well I got an answer for that, she left her phone inside the room." She answers with a sigh. "I checked her closet and some of her clothes are gone."

"Maybe you're just overreacting Yuri, ever since she met you Jessica already has a lot of clothes."

"Yeah you could say that but I know all of her clothes because I bought most of them." She reasons out. "She's missing seven outfits and her favorite night gown and the stuff toy that I gave her, the one that she cannot sleep without is missing." Yuri sighs as she looks at the bedroom. "I'm worried as , and I think I'm going to call the police."

"NO!" Two different voices answers, making Yuri furrow her eyebrows.

"Sorry! It's bad signal here, the feedback is something."

"Tiffany, is Jessica there?"

"Uh."

"Tiffany." She says, a little stern this time. "I'm going to ask you one more time, is Jessica there with you? Answer me."

"She..." Little shuffling and distant voices were being heard from the background. "Yeah, she is."

"Don't let her leave. I'm coming to get her."


"Where is she?"

"She's in her old bedroom- Yuri!"

"Come out." She says loud enough for the other person to hear. "Jessica, let's go home."

"Listen Yuri-"

"Are you going to come out or do I have to break this door do not try me."

"She doesn't want to speak with you so pl-"

"Shut up. You lied to me because you told me Jessica wasn't here!"

"Because she just showed up and she didn't want me to tell you. And don't tell me to shut up because this is my house so you shut up. I'm done watching from the sidelines as she continues to be hurt so you need to leave right now or I'm going to have call the police and drag you out."

"She's my wife!"

"She's also a person Yuri. A person who has limits, who cries, feels pain, rejection and run out of patience. She's on a total burn-out whenever she's with you and right now, what she needs is some space. Not just for you, but for your child as well, a child which belongs to your both. If you don't have any inch of respect then you can continue pestering here but if you do- even if it's just slightest, you'll respect her decision and wait for her to come around."

Yuri glares at Tiffany which the latter doesn't come back down and returns the same intensity. "Fine, if she wants to stay here so badly then so be it." She bites her lower lip, feeling her chest tighten with the fact that Jessica doesn't want to see her. "I don't need her anyways."

 

That night Yuri slept with pure confidence that she will win this ignoring game because she knows Jessica so well.


Okay, maybe she doesn't know Jessica so well because it has been a week since the confrontation but Jessica has still made no efforts of coming home and honestly, Yuri was slowly losing it. No matter what she's doing or no matter how great effort that she exerts of shutting the girl out- the brunette somehow finds her way back to the tanned girl's mind and it was starting to annoy Yuri because her focus during work is affected, whenever she's alone, and even when she's Juran- there's still only one person in her mind. Jessica Kwon.


 

"Yuri?"

"Sorry what was that?"

Juran sighs as she stops her car right in front of Yuri's house. "Is everything okay with you?"

"Y-yeah. Sorry for passing out, I just had a lot of activities today."

"Now you're making me feel bad because I still dragged you out for a short snack."

"Of course not, the place was a few blocks away from my last schedules anyways."

"Do you need to rest now?"

"Well maybe a little, why?"

"Because my uncle requested your presence for his event tonight."

"But- why am I included?"

"Didn't your manager tell you? You guys accepted our offer to become the new face of our soon to be released fragrance. Contract's in the work but Taeyeon already gave the go signal for you to sign with us."

"Oh, that agreement. Now I remember about the gala tonight, I totally forgot about it." She chuckles.

"Now that I mentioned it, maybe we should go together later."

"But I don't think that we should go together, together right?" Juran gives the latter a quizzical look. "I mean, the media is still on the hype about us leaving for Jeju."

"Which is why we face them head on when they expect for us to hide behind the walls. They're probably thinking that we'll be avoiding of sitting together but let's not give a thing about what they have to say. Your boss already gave you the go light by signing the contract right?" Still, despite of what she just said- the idol feels unsure. "Don't worry, it's not just going to be you and me. My uncle and other board members will be there for us."

"If that's the case then I guess I'll see you later." She smiles.


 

"Yuri! Yuri look here!"

"Smile for the camera please!"

"Yuri please look this way!"


The idol who now wears a very beautiful dashing red dress smiles professionaly at the cameras right in front of her. She waves in all angles after being publicly announced that she was the new face of the perfume brand that were one of the main hosts for tonight's gala. Beside her was Juran's uncle and on the other side were other board members and of course, Juran herself who's standing too close for Yuri's comfort. Just as when they thought that she's the center of attention, one photographer's announcement turned the tables.

 

"Look! It's Jessica Kwon!"

 

Eyes and heads starts to turn to a different direction and just like one snap, everyone left their side and focused on the new darling of the crowd. People were gawking and admiring Jessica's figure despite the obvious baby bump wearing that beautiful gold dress with such high slits that no pregnant woman could ever dare to see. Yuri furrows her eyebrows not because of what Jessica was wearing, but because of the fact that she was linking her arms with another Kwon- Tyler.

They continue to walk the red carpet and the idol could feel curious as to why there were no signs of sadness on her wife's face, like there were no tears or hint of hurt the fact that she just found out all the lies Yuri has been telling her for the past month. Like she wasn't even affected by it and to be honest- Yuri suddenly feels a tug on her chest like it's being pulled down slowly directly to the pit of her stomach, and it was such an uncomfortable and irritating feeling.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Kwon!" Juran's uncle greets their co-hosts, heightening Yuri's anger towards the current situation. "Ah, sorry. That came out wrong. Good evening Mr. Tyler, Mrs. Jessica."

"Hello sir, nice to meet you."

"Pleasure to meet you sir." Jessica smiles.

"Jessica! Why didn't you arrive here together with Yuri?"

"Are you with Tyler now?"

"Is your marriage with Kwon Yuri officially done?"

"When will you guys get divorced?"

"What can you say about Yuri's blant cheating?"

Jessica's smile didn't changed even when she turned to the media. "What do you mean Yuri's cheating? You mean the recent trip with Juran that I perfectly knew beforehand as it was a business deal between this successful businessman right h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter