SIDE A | Track 21

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

 "Jessica?"

"Miss Jung?"

"Jessica Jung!"


"Huh?"

The guests look at her weirdly. "Is everything alright? You look a little lost right now."

Instantly the brunette blinks off the feeling away. "Yes, yes everything's alright." She faintly smiles at the guests. "So as I was saying-"

"Jessica honey, there are papers that the marketing department are waiting for you to sign. They are already in your office."

"But the-"

"It's alright sweetie, I'll take it from here." Mrs. Benedict smiles. "Shall we?"

 

Jessica smiles apologetically at Mrs. Benedict before saying farewell to the guests she didn't so warmly welcome. She heads back to her office where she knows no papers that were in need for her to sign. Sighing out to no one she slumps on her leather swivel chair as she continues to massage her forehead, mentally telling her own self to have a grip on reality. Jessica wanted to take over on what she thinks but every effort comes to lose when her mind instantly drifts off to the memory that happened a month ago.

 

 

"It's the divorce papers Jes, she already signed them."

"She-" Jessica takes a moment for her to breathe. "She signed them?"

"She gave it to us before she left and told that she promise to not bother you anymore."

"Right after you begged for her to leave you, she realized a lot of things and that lead her to the decision to sign the papers and leave you alone." Mrs. Jung looks at her. "For good."

"Good, really good." She smiles faintly and proceeds to swallow the lump on . "Finally she gives me something that I want."

"Jessica..." Her mother reaches out to her trembling hands. "Honey relax, don't shake."

"I'm finally getting the freedom that I've wanted for so long." She sighs out and tries her best to convince the people around her that she was okay. "I'm finally going to start anew."

"Princess-"

"I'm going to call my attorney okay? I need to call this one and process this one real quick."

 

She tries to smile but she knew that her parents could see right through her. And they were right; because the moment that she entered the office, her hands were extremely shaking and she had to lean onto the door for support as she cries for some unknown reason. She tries to toughen up and be that Jessica Jung again to get her life back on track but she couldn't completely do that- not when everyone was still affected by Yuri's sudden disappearance.

Jessica clearly remembers the time where she had to announce to the staff that Yuri had to go back to Korea. She saw Mrs. Benedict's sad expression, Larry's tears and even uncle Thomas' understanding yet dismayed face. Larry, being the emotional one dared to ask Jessica what was the reason for the sudden departure and she just answered that Yuri needs to perform again as the fans were busy worrying about her whereabouts. They didn't say anything and just nods their heads, but Jessica accidentally heard them complaining about how tasteless their food was. 

Even the patrons and regulars searched for Yuri's companionship and when they found out that she moved back, they didn't go here as often as they used to be. She even had a problem with the sales results dropping that much after but she was decided that she no longer needed a Kwon Yuri in her life and that will remain for as long as she exists. Mrs. Johnson, the owner of the flower shop where the idol used to buy flowers for her every morning beg to differ.


 

"Honey, I know I am in no position to say this buy- whether you like it or not, that Yuri brought a whole new life to My J's."


 

But as time passes by Jessica realizes that maybe they were right. Maybe Yuri did buy some kind of positive energy around the property. Unlike Jason, Yuri knew her way around the house and the place so when there's something urgent needed, the latter could easily find it with no such trouble. She was also a bit more approachable and knowledgeable about things which makes it for her to easily converse with someone based on their profession, hobbies or aspirations. Yuri was also good at handling horses too and now Jessica wondered why she still kept Jason when he's clearly no longer needed here.

So clear her mind, she leaves the office and starts to tend to the horses in the stable who were also sad with someone leaving them all alone. Jessica hated to admit, but Yuri loved the horses as if it were people and babies even as she spoils them to death and talks to them for hours. Arriving at the place, the horses immediately starts making knowing as if they want to let her know that they were happy because she visited.

 

 

"How are you guys?" She smiles at them. "Is Jason treating each and everyone good?"

The horses make a unison sound which made her smile. "I guess he doesn't huh... Does he have a favorite horse among you guys?" 

"Does he favor you sunshine?" She busies herself in talking with the animals that she wasn't able to see that Thomas was walking towards her.

"Jessica, I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Uncle Thomas." She says. "What do you need me for?"

"Meet Moonbyul and Yongsun."

"Hello, Miss Jessica very nice to meet you."

"Miss Jung hello."

Jessica smiles at the two women as she greets them back. "What brings you here?"

"I heard them at the market arguing the venue for their marriage."

"Uncle Thomas, you know it's bad to eavesdrop right?"

"Well, I was just helping them out." He reasons.

"Honestly, I first thought it was some kind of pyramid scam but Moonbyul here wanted to give it a try."

"See, what did I tell you sometimes I can be right."

The smaller woman rolls her eyes and faces back at Jessica. "Anyway, mister Thomas told me that your family has a beautiful property just on the South side and seeing the entire place made me agree with him."

"Well thank you." Jessica appreciates the compliment. 

"It's kind of sad that this doesn't have a beach but this could do right yeobo?"

"Actually, we do have a beach." She smiles at the couple. "It's a long walk from here but we can ride the horses."

"Yay horses!"

Moonbyul, as Jessica assumed her name was chuckled. "Okay, okay. Let's get you up there."

"Let's go! I want to see the beach!"


 

"Oh my God!" Yongsun immediately hops off the horse and scans the beach. "This is it! This is the place!"

Jessica smiles. "I'm glad you like it!"

"Of course! It's everything I've ever wanted!" She says. "Babe, can you imagine everything now? Everything I told you?"

Moonbyul nods her head. "I do honey and it's wonderful already, I cannot wait for the actual one."

"Uncle Thomas! Come and take nice pictures for me!"

"Ah! Certainly ma'am!"

She turns to the taller woman who looked at her fiancé with a huge smile imprinted on her face. "What about you? Do you like the place?"

The latter shrugs and continue to admire the woman having the time of her life on the beach. "As long as I get to marry her that's all that counts."

Jessica smiles. "MISS JUNG!" Yongsun approaches her energetically. "Is this place book 2 weeks later on a Sunday?"

"Well, we don't have the usual occasions here on the beach since this is more of private property for my family."

"Oh." The latter slumps her shoulders. "So does that mean you won't allow us to book this place?"

"Not really." The brunette answers. "But if you book your reception for us then I'll give the beach venue to you."

"YES! YES, WE WILL BOOK HERE FOR THE RECEPTION! INCLUDE THE ENTIRE HOUSE EVEN!"

Jessica chuckles. "Great. We can talk in my office so we could arrange the papers."

"Hey, Yong, I'll just check with uncle Thomas the other facilities in the area is that okay?"

"Sure thing babe." The woman turns to Jessica. "Shall we Miss Jung?"

 

While Moonbyul and Thomas went out to check the other amenities that they offer, she and (I) Solar- as the latter preferred to be addressed in that name went with the preparations for the wedding. Solar was even glad and thrilled when Jessica told her that they can cook Korean dishes, knowing that the two of them were Koreans and most of their guests were flying in. The wedding seems to be simple as the number of guests were only expected to be at a hundred, maximum.

Jessica was no foreigner to all of these preparations as she had to hold different events being the head of events for the bed and breakfast. Added to the fact that she had been married once before has also helped her in assisting a very excited and yet also a very worried woman. From time to time, Jessica would look at Solar and see the emotions sparkling in her eyes and that made her wonder- did she ever looked this way when she was preparing for her marriage with Yuri before?

 

"Can you let the marketing do the computation for this one? Tell them the guest is waiting for it."

"Understand Miss Jung."

"So-" She smiles at Solar. "Coffee or tea?"

"Tea would be perfect." Jessica nods her head and prepares the beverage for the two of them. "Miss Jung?"

"Yep?"

"I wasn't supposed to be asking this but earlier it made me curious." The latter starts. "You seem so experienced or a natural rather at these wedding preparations. I mean, I talked with various wedding planners and venue owners but none of them seemed to be as prepared as you."

That comment made her chuckle. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Yeah, it was actually... But have you been married before?"

"I was." She places the cup in front of her.

"Oh." She seems to acknowledge that Jessica's wedding didn't end up happily. "S-s-sorry I shouldn't have asked-"

"It's okay, I mean it did help me at some point." She says. "At least people wouldn't be able to tell I'm a noob at organizing events."

"If you haven't told me that, I would've thought you're an expert at these things."

"So, how long have you guys been together now?" She sits in her seat and smiles at her client. "Are you the type of high school sweethearts couple or the one who were reckless and gets married after two months of knowing one another?"

Solar laughs with the choices given. "We're neither actually."

"Hmmm... Interesting." Jessica nods her head. "So what kind of a couple were you guys?"

"We're the accidental type." She answers. "I was having a night out with my friends in Vegas, she was here on exile. We both got so drunk and got our names tattooed with one another... lastly, we got married in Vegas." Jessica widens her eyes in hearing all of this news and it didn't go unnoticed by Solar. "I know, it's pretty crazy right?"

"I'll say."

"We were so surprised when morning came. I still remember the goosebumps I felt when I saw her name on my skin..." She says. "And to make the matters worse, we had on the same day when her parents were coming over to visit her."

"Oh my..."

"Yeah... when her parents found out, they were livid and thought of the sudden marriage was their daughter's form of rebellion towards them since they've exiled their daughter to another country instead of checking up with her. So, as a form of punishment to this so-called rebellion, they pushed through the marriage and forced us to stay in one place for the course of six months. My parents' mutual didn't help our situation back then and I wanted to go home to Korea but they were sort of huge business people there as well so to avoid scandals, they forced us to stay in Vegas. Until the rumored marriage about us die down."

"As all forced marriage couples do- we hated one another down to the core because she destroyed everything I had back home. My life, my friends, my boyfriend Eric- well ex-boyfriend Eric but you get what I mean right?"

"Yep."

"Anyway moving on, she also had someone back home but it was a complicated situation between them because they were in a non-committed way but Moon looked heads over heels in love with her or at least that's what she looked like back then. And similar to other people who fall into these types of situations or one that I read from online- we fell in love with one another."

"I broke up with Eric when he beat the hell out of Moon after he found out and Moon never contacted the woman again after they had closure she needed. After that, we told our parents about we felt and they were delighted about it." She smiles. "I remember papa's face when we told them the news. He never really liked Eric for me and for him- Moonbyul was definitely an upgrade."

"So we decided to continue to live in Vegas knowing that we had friends there now and a job and savings- all of the nine yards." She says. "And I was so happy because we were getting puppies and then children and we talked about buying a house... I- I really thought that it was the happiness I deserved until-"

"Until what?"

"We met in Vegas for a reason Miss Jung." Solar shares in her sad tone. "Moon never told me about her gambling addiction and when I found out, it was all too late... she already lost everything we had ever worked hard on and we were on debt averaging to ten million dollars."

Jessica couldn't believe what she just heard. "Wha- how?"

"Apparently all the overtime texts and missi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter