02:

Deja vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red Velvet's career continued even without Seulgi, their race continued as if nothing has happened. They step on stage without any trace of loss or sadness, smiles were plastered on their lips which makes everyone feel bittersweet.

 

ReVeluvs are happy that they are getting through this just fine but they also feel bitter about their smiles— how can they smile when one of their sisters is now gone?

 

Red Velvet is going to perform today at a festival, a big stage is waiting for them along with the big crowd, cheering and chanting their names. Today as well is the same day that Seulgi's announcing her future plans, but not as part of Red Velvet, but as a soloist under a different agency.

 

Wendy shut her eyes closed as they get ready backstage, taking numerous deep breathes and calming her nerves— no, I shouldn't make any mistake, not today, she continuously pleaded to herself.

 

Wendy is the only member who rushed to the company after hearing the news about Seulgi, breaking into the CEO's room and started to question things, but her words were unheard. Her pleading for her sister's sake seemed useless, SM entertainment has already made a decision and no one can actually change it— no one.

 

Wendy was dragged out of the CEO's office.

 

" why!? " Wendy frantically shouted in front of her manager " what misunderstanding are you guys talking about!? Seulgi's working for her next album, right? So what kind of misunderstanding are you saying? Why so sudden!? "

 

" calm down Seungwan " her manager pleaded.

 

" how can I calm down!? Tell me, how!? " 

 

" the decision has already made, we can't do anything about this " her manager sighed " we are also saddened about what happened, but no one can actually go against the company and you know that well enough— you know that more than anyone in this building "

 

" but oppa... this is very nonsense. We're just together yesterday and now you're saying Seulgi's out of the picture? Are you guys ing kidding me right now? "

 

" Seungwan " her manager sighed for the ninth time " we can't do anything about this, I'm sorry " he shook his head, looking very sorry at Wendy who's trembling in anger.

 

" ok, tell me— at least tell me the reason why Seulgi had been kicked out. I need an explanation, an acceptable reason! " Wendy calmly asked, gripping on the nearest chair beside her to calm herself down.

 

" I don't know either, no one knows the actual story "

 

" what kind of... then who knows the reason behind this? Who else? Only the CEO? " she asked, gritting her teeth " then I'm going to go back there and ask him myself! "

 

" Irene! " her manager loudly said, stopping Wendy from her steps " as far as I know, Irene knew the reason behind this. She was called here the other day alone and then the news about this has circulated "

 

" Irene unnie? " the manager nodded.  

 

Yeri is very immune to any hates in every damn performance they are going to make, so her being lonely and aloof isn't new to everyone— she can express her sadness the way she wants it because even she smiles or not, hates are coming, nothing new.

 

The maknae were reminded of the times where she used to have those harsh words as her breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Throughout those hates, she had her members cheering her up especially Seulgi who's deliberately making herself look like a fool just to make the latter smile.

 

" Yerim-ah, do you want to go to McDonald's? " Seulgi asked, she can sense how lonely the younger girl is just basing on how she's staring blankly at the ground.

 

" I'm okay unnie " Yeri smiled and even hitting Seulgi's shoulders " you don't need to worry about me! " she chuckled a bit.

 

" eh? I'm not worried about you, I just want to grab some McDonalds " Seulgi shrugged and looked weirdly at Yeri " not everything is about you, silly! " she cheekily smiled and pinched both of Yeri's cheeks, stretching it out to force Yeri's smile to come out.

 

" but it's bad to have negativity as a meal, don't you think so? " Seulgi asked " so what? Wanna go grab some fries with me? Burger? Chicken? "

 

" your treat? " Yeri raised her eyebrow.

 

Seulgi can't resist the maknae, she's weak and soft for the younger girl " araso, araso— change your clothes and I'll treat you wherever you want to go! " she exclaimed confidently.

 

" I wanna go to Europe! " Yeri absurdly shouted.

 

" there's McDonalds nearby, we don't need to fly to Europe for that! " Seulgi lightly hit Yeri's head " eh?? You said anywhere I want to go! " Yeri protested, she's kidding but she's happy that Seulgi's riding in her jokes.

 

" if I won the lottery then I will bring you there " Seulgi oaths " or in our 10th year anniversary as a group "

 

" we're grandmas by then! Oh no, it's just Irene unnie " they both chuckled.

 

Joy, on the other hand, had just finished her drama recently and looking exhausted will be understandable for everyone. She won't bother to smile brightly because, in reality, she can't— she just can't. 

 

Joy was filming her drama when the news about Seulgi broke out, she found out from SNS.

 

She thought at first that it was just an absurd gossip and issue, but when she read SM's official statement, there she realized that it wasn't just a mere joke or trolling. It's true and she can't do anything because she's stuck at the filming set or even she's not, she's not sure if she can prevent such thing from happening especially if the company has already released a statement.

 

" water? " Irene handed Joy a bottled of water, she just looked at their leader and eventually accepted the water " are you okay? You look dead beat and about to faint " Irene worriedly asked.

 

Out of the four, Irene is the only one who's keeping a strong facade in the midst of everything. She answers the questions that the other members are not capable of answering and leading the girls as they bewail over Seulgi's departure. Well, after all, she's the leader, it's her responsibility to do so.

 

" maybe not... maybe yes " Joy shrugged and sighed.

 

Out of all the girls, Irene was the only one who seemed to know what's the whole story of Seulgi's departure, but no one has dared to question her. Wendy kept her loud mouth shut, Yeri kept her sharp words to herself and Joy kept her curiousness all to herself.

 

Like the ReVeluvs and all the people who're curious about the reason why; the remaining three members are also asking the same question, but they were left in darkness as well. It's unfair for them but they can't demand and say anything against their unnie.

 

" you guys are up next " their manager came up to them " just... do well " he smiled and mouthed 'fighting' to the four girls.

 

They bravely took upon the stage, silently going to their adjusted position since Seulgi isn't going to be there anymore. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter