08:

Deja vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi huffs a thick smoke from the cigarette between her fingers, looking blankly at the view as she leans at the rails of the roof deck of their agency. She's been there since the sun already set down and still at the same spot now that the sky is already darkening. She has consumed a number of cigarette sticks as she spaces out.

 

The sky is very peaceful today, it makes Seulgi wants to stare at it for a very long time— she wanted to be along those fluffy clouds earlier and now along those bright stars. The sky is very tranquil compared to Seulgi's world and mind.

 

Seulgi started smoking since her tour, she just wanted to try it out since people are saying that it can be a stress relief— and she can see why people are saying it when she started it out. She has no intention of consuming it every day but it seems like every day her body craves for that strong taste of the cigarette.

 

" Seul " Seulgi's eyes widened and immediately threw the half-consumed cigarette on the ground, stepping on it so it won't be seen " unnie! " she smiled as she turns around to face Sunmi.

 

Sunmi looked down and the traces of consumed cigarettes are all over the place " you smell awful " she calmly said and leaned at the rails like Seulgi " when did you even started smoking? " she asked.

 

" tour " Seulgi honestly responded, there's no reason for her to lie, not when she's already caught red-handed.

 

" why? "

 

" just... " Seulgi shrugged.

 

Sunmi sighed, she doesn't know when will Seulgi get back to her senses but she's just hoping that the girl will as soon as possible.

 

" should I scold you about that? Will you listen to me? " Sunmi turned her head to look at Seulgi.

 

Seulgi shook her head " it will just enter my right ear then it will exit on my left— you'll just going waste your voice unnie, people are paying bucks to hear that voice so don't waste it on me, but thank you " Seulgi softly smiled.

 

" you're starting to scare me Seul, I don't know what you'll do next " Sunmi honestly said " I'm afraid to even take my eyes off you, you're making me nervous when you're being like that "

 

Seulgi giggled " don't worry unnie, I won't kill myself. I promise " she swears.

 

" death is not the greatest loss in life, Seul. Although I don't like to see in a coffin so soon, cold and not breathing " Sunmi paused " the greatest loss in life is what dies inside us while we live— I'm afraid you're already dead inside, dying in darkness all by yourself is terrifying "

 

Seulgi softly smiled  " it's indeed terrifying " she responded.

 

Sunmi walked closer to Seulgi and embraced the younger girl. Seeing the bright Seulgi she used to know being like that right now, it breaks her heart. Sunmi wishes that Seulgi will soon find her happiness, not with another person's company but happiness within herself.

 

" it's not right to love someone more than you love yourself, you can't properly love someone if you don't love yourself properly " Sunmi caressed Seulgi's hair, she wants her words to at least get absorb by Seulgi " love yourself Seulgi, leave some love for yourself, I promise you— you won't regret it "

 

 

'Seul, do you want to grab dinner with me tonight at xxx?' Irene happily sent the message, it seems like their schedule is going to be finished earlier than expected.

 

'you don't have work? I thought you'll be working till the morning?' Seulgi immediately replied back.

 

'I don't, it will be done sooner than we expected. So? Are you busy? Let's meet there at xx pm' it took 10 minutes before Seulgi replied 'ok' to Irene's invite.

 

Irene's mood had lifted up. They are going to eat at a high-end restaurant hotel, it's a place where celebrities usually go, especially celebrity couples without being nervous about a scandal the next day. The hotel keeps the security very tight and the employees are briefed about the customer's privacy and everything, the only con of it is the price. A full meal costs almost one to two gig of an artist depending on the artist's fee.

 

" ooh, who's that? " Wendy suddenly sat beside Irene " you look happy sending messages! Who's that? Who's that? " Wendy being nosy.

 

" my mom " Irene lied and immediately hid her phone to her bag " she said that she'll visit our dorm "

 

" oh really!? " Wendy exclaimed as her eyes shone " ask her to bring some kimchi! I really love your mother's kimchi and side dishes! " 

 

" araso " Irene nodded her head and smiled at the fooled Seungwan.

 

The shoot continues but the expected early finish seems to get jinxed because they are getting stuck due to some technical problems. Irene can't help but to feel anxious as she continuously looks at her watch, one hour away from their date— Irene's getting impatient and grumpy.

 

" guys I think we'll go back to the first expected time finish, there's a sudden technical issue " their manager apologized " but I'll make sure to clear some schedule for tomorrow so you can have a longer time to rest "

 

" araso " the girls except Irene answered in chorus.

 

Seulgi, on the other hand, arrived at the place 30 minutes early from the planned time, she's near the area. She won't lie and will bluntly say that she misses the older girl since they haven't seen each other for around two weeks already because Irene's being busy.

 

Seulgi checked her makeup on her phone and smiled at herself— she internally praised her beauty. She feels embarrassed whenever someone praises her beauty but she never fails to praise herself, she's much comfortable to hear praises from herself than from others.

 

Time is passing by, the ice in the glass of water that the waiter served for Seulgi is nearly melting. Ten minutes late... twenty minutes... thirty... one hour...

 

" ma'am are you going to order now? " the waiter approached Seulgi.

 

Seulgi shyly smiled " I'm still... I'm waiting for somebody, just serve me some wine " she said and the waiter nodded its head and left to get her glass of wine.

 

Seulgi can't help but to crack her knuckles and tap her feet— she glanced at her phone, hoping that Irene would at least message her but no message from the girl arrived, just a bunch of messages from Jeongyeon and Momo of Twice. Well, after all, she had agreed on going to Jeongyeon and Momo's birthday party but suddenly canceled out because of Irene's invitation.

 

" thank you " Seulgi said when her wine was served.

 

Seulgi is not a very patient lad if its other people she must have left by now. She hates people who are late and especially those who stands her up.  Even how much she wants to go now, she can't help but have thoughts like; what if she's already on her way? What if her phone is dead so she can't message me? Maybe she's already near, I should wait.

 

Seulgi is being called a bear when in fact she's like a dog, a Shiba Inu. It's not a surprise if a commemorative statue of her will be made right across Hachiko.

 

" hey " Seulgi's eyes shone and faded in an instant when she laid her eyes on the person who approached her— she thought it was Irene " why are you alone? " Jimin sat at the empty seat in front of her.

 

" just... I want some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter