~ 3 ~

Fearless 2: Chanyeol
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is in danger.

Kim Junmyeon looked up from his work on his laptop and tilted his head a little. He’d been thinking about Baekhyun all evening but that was nothing new, he always did that. The problem was this thought wasn’t something that came up often and it had come into his head so clearly it was like someone had screamed it in his face. Usually he’d dismiss any sort of notion of telepathy but during the five years he’d been apart from Baekhyun he was second-guessing that old belief system.

He took a look out of the dark airplane window and saw no lights, no sign of life. There was not a single cloud of light blocking them either so he was over a desert or an ocean, either way he felt alone and isolated.

When he thought of danger for Baekhyun he didn’t assume a robbery or a case of theft or something like that because he knew that Baekhyun would be able to defend himself. He’d trained him in almost every form of physical combat that there is! Baekhyun was strong enough to take care of himself for the most part.

Was.

How much did he know of his son now?

He knew where he lived and what school he attended and he got a file report every six months about him. These, however, were heavily encrypted and impersonal. He hadn’t actually seen his son since he was twelve.

He knew about zero possible friends or even girlfriends or boyfriends. He didn’t know about his habits, his mental health, what brought him joy let alone what could possibly put him of all people in danger.

“Excuse me, sir?” a young agent, obviously fresh out of the academy approached him with a small tray of food. It made his stomach lurch. It was worse than the food on normal commercial planes.

“No. Thank you. Later.” He shook his head and the kid nodded.

“We’ll be landing in Tehran shortly, sir. Approximately thirteen minutes.”

“Very well.”

Junmyeon turned his eyes to his computer screen again, his eyes meaninglessly scanning over the pages and pages of files he’d downloaded but not read. He wasn’t doing his job properly but he couldn’t focus his mind regardless of how important his job was. There were more dangerous things out there right now threatening his Baekhyun and he could do nothing to stop it from happening. Apart from remembering his normal family life with Baekhyun and Katia, this is what hurt him the most.

When he was small, Baekhyun had been a wonder and his abilities were out of this world beyond incredible. Junmyeon was more and more fascinated by his son with every hour that they spent playing or talking together. While he missed those times that he would laugh and keep encouraging his son to try harder and harder again to keep being better, sometimes he wished he hadn’t done that. He wished that he had an extraordinarily normal child that did not bring attention to himself (most of it unwanted) because of his uniqueness. Mostly, he wished he could have had a son that he could undoubtedly trust to stay out of trouble.

 

~

 

“Jesus, what happened to your teeth?” Altair asked, his eyes turning to saucers as usual when he was entertained.

“The guy got in a lucky punch,” Frankie admitted, shyly covering his mouth with his hand. He was missing a tooth now and another one was completely facing the wrong direction.

AJ scoffed as he leaned back against the fountain in Washington Square Park. “The guy kicked your . You didn’t even get in a lucky punch yourself, moron.” He was just happy that Baekhyun had decided to beat someone else up for once.

Altair turned to him with an almost murderous glare. “And you? You don’t seem to be having much luck either, do you?”

AJ’s smirk quickly fell from his face and he stood up straight again. “I had him down that alley, I swear. He’s like superhuman or something, like out of a comic book. And now, he has someone watching his back too. Someone came at me from behind and got the sneak on me… I don’t know who but they were wearing a ski mask.”

“Who was it?” Altair asked through gritted teeth.

“I told you, I don’t know! Someone… I didn’t see a face at all,” AJ mumbled quietly.

“Your stories are getting more and more creative but less and less believable.”

“I’m serious! Frankie would have seen them too but he was out cold!”

Altair let out a deep sigh like he was trying to keep his temper under control. AJ suddenly felt nervous, the sky was growing darker with clouds signalling that there were only a handful of daylight hours left. He was suddenly cold and felt goosebumps raising all over his body.

“AJ, listen to me, you have a powerful weapon, one you can use from a distance. You know where he lives. Do what you gotta do, you said you were gonna do it and you have to back up that promise, because I don’t like liars.”

AJ nodded quickly.

“Like I said before, you’ve got until midnight on Saturday to do it. I’m not kidding, am I? Am I telling a joke?”

AJ shook his head even quicker.

“I have to be able to tell all the boys that we avenged Joey’s death, don’t !? So let me make this perfectly clear for you. If Baekhyun is not dead by midnight on Saturday…”

AJ looked up into his dark eyes.

“Then you are.”

 

~

 

Search: Kim Junmyeon
No match found

Search: Special Agent Kim
Arlington, ia
No match found

Search: Federal Agent #4466
No match found

Search: Michael Oh
No match found

Search: Robert Matthews
No match found

Search: Enigma
No match found

Search: My goddamn ing father you s
No match found

Search:

Baekhyun groaned frustratedly and slammed his fist on the desk beside the laptop. He’d snuck into Steve’s office and hacked his laptop, a laptop full of government agency secrets and files. He had searched every name he could think of that his father might go by including his agency number and old aliases. He might not even be alive.

Baekhyun had convinced himself that if anything ever happened to his father that the government or the agency or even Steve himself would tell him about it, just so he knew what was going on in his own family’s life. Then again, he’d also told himself that his father must be up to some top secret missions and things like that to justify abandoning him like he did five years ago but that didn’t ever seem to be the case and Baekhyun was slowly losing hope on that theory. Just because he told himself these things over and over again, didn’t make them true.

He heard a noise from outside the room. . If Tiffany caught him using Steve’s laptop when there was a perfectly good ‘family laptop’ to be shared amongst everyone, he’d never hear the end of it. Plus he’d have to consider hopping out the window again if she was home, considering that spending a minute with her was like when you accidentally push your toothbrush too far back and activate your gag reflex. Both lead to possible vomiting.

He poked his head outside the door of Steve’s office and listened carefully before concluding that it must have been a bird or a mouse or something. Judging by the little digital clock in the corner of the screen, he had approximately eight minutes before Tiffany arrived home and harassed him like usual. Steve wouldn’t be home until even later so he had a couple of minutes to himself left.

Now what?

He knew nothing about his father that would aid him in his search, not his alter ego name he was currently using or his phone number or email address. Nothing. In five years Baekhyun had heard zilch from the man so what should he expect, this was never going to be easy. His father had never even bothered making contact with him.

He could feel anger inside him starting to get riled up and decided to distract himself before it got out of control. Second item on the list was Chanyeol. Some way of contacting him. He searched and searched until eventually he found an email address. Success!

[email protected]

Now he was just one email conversation away from a private and uninterrupted conversation with Chanyeol. And he still had one minute to spare before Tiffany arrived.

 

~

 

Chanyeol lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling considering Kyungsoo’s note. He didn’t even need to read it again, he’d already committed the whole thing to memory.

Kyungsoo was ready. He’d waited six months for those words to finally be said to him and now it was here, the time was now. The thing he’d fantasised about for months was finally going to happen.

He’d thought after Kyungsoo seeing him with Baekhyun he’d be in huge trouble but Kyungsoo was angelic and understanding and trusting of him. Kyungsoo wasn’t suspicious or paranoid about anything. And Chanyeol was the most undeservingly lucky in the world to have him as a boyfriend.

So what was the problem?

No. There was no problem and even if there was he wouldn’t think about it. He was going to put the non-existent problem to the back of his mind and forget about it (because it didn’t exist as far as he was concerned). He was happy, really, really happy and nothing was going to ruin this moment for him. He was happy even if he didn’t fully fell it himself right now.

Saturday night. Think about Saturday, Kyungsoo would be here in his little room…

He stared up at the ceiling which was stained in something he wasn’t entirely sure the origin of. It wasn’t exactly what you’d call ‘romantic’. He caught sight (and smell) of the piles of unwashed laundry that had built up around his room, the large pile of books and crumpled up papers that littered his desk as well as the box of new syringes and equipment for his diabetes. He sat up and looked at the bedsheets he was lying on this very moment and groaned inwardly. They were an off shade of grey an he couldn’t quite remember if they’d been born grey or if they’d been born white and turned grey over time. The fact that he didn’t even know that showed how long it had been since he’d changed the damn things.

Perfect, gorgeous, amazing Kyungsoo was going to be coming here on Saturday night. Angelic, apple and cinnamon scented Kyungsoo was going to come here? To this landfill? To this dump? Was Chanyeol really considering laying an angel down on those disgusting bedsheets?

He quickly got up and zoomed around the room piling all of the dirty laundry onto the bed, re

Please log in to read the full chapter