Shorts And New Favorites

When You Accidentally Fall In Love With Your Matchmaker Instead Of Your Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook was having dinner at his brother's home again. He had been too lazy to cook, and was also in need of family company.

Not because he was feeling slightly heartbroken or anything.

Not because they lived in the house directly below Ji Hyo and he just wanted to be as close as he could to her or anything.

Nope. He was just being a good brother, a good brother-in-law, and a good uncle.

"Dinner's ready!" Seo Young called out sweetly, and Jong Kook took slow strides to the dining table whilst Hoya and Seung Ho dashed to their seats, almost bumping into Jong Kook.

"Kids, be careful. You almost bumped into your uncle- had you collided head on, you'd be in the hospital by now!" Jong Myung teased as he used a fake stern voice.

Jong Kook groaned as he took his seat. "Hyung, must you make me out to be this cement wall? I'm a human made from flesh and bone."

Seo Young walked in just then, sumptuous looking dishes in her hands.

"Jong Kook-ah, I almost forgot! Could you go on up and ask Ji Hyo if she wants to join us for dinner? I cooked way too much again."

Jong Kook sighed inwardly. "Do I have to? Wouldn't that be a little strange for me to ask?"

"Why not?" Jong Myung replied. "We've invited her down here for dinner a couple of times. She eats really well."

Jong Kook knew that, recalling memories of sharing meals with Ji Hyo. He wanted that again.

"Okay then. I'll go ask her if she's had dinner." Jong Kook got up from his seat, and Jong Myung held up a secret thumbs up sign to Seo Young, who winked back at him.

Seo Young had cooked way too much on purpose of course. They were trying to create opportunities for Jong Kook and Ji Hyo to see each other. 

"Wait- I want to go with Jong Kook Samchon!" Seung Ho cried out as he dashed to Jong Kook's side.

"Me too!" Hoya chorused as she too ran to Jong Kook's side.

Jong Myung and Seo Young both sighed inwardly. 

"Just one person needs to go, kids you should stay at home." Seo Young said, adding an edge to her voice so the kids would listen.

"It's okay, it'll be less weird if the kids come along," said a very relieved Jong Kook.

"Less weird? Don't you mean more romantic?" Jong Myung teased, making Jong Kook blush heavily. 

"Hyung! Not in front of the kids. Speaking of which, let's go you two."

As Jong Kook went out the front door, Hoya and Seung Ho turned around to wink at their parents. 

"Do you think they have something up their little sleeves?" Jong Myung asked. 

"If they really do, then we've done our jobs as parents. I'd be so proud we raised such clever little schemers."

Jong Kook was a nervous wreck the entire journey up the one flight of stairs to Ji Hyo's house. His heart was rapping hard against his chest in anticipation of seeing her again. 

Calm down. You're just going to ask her to come down for some dinner. It's nothing. 

Also, you have kids with you. Nothing's weird when you have kids with you.

He rang the doorbell with bated breath. Light and quick footsteps were heard as Ji Hyo ran to the door and opened it, her face sticking out in confusion.

"I didn't order any- Oh! Jong Kook Oppa... Hoya and Seung Ho too! Hello!" Ji Hyo waved happily at the two children and Jong Kook's heart gushed with affection for her. She was sweet with a heart of gold.

"Ji Hyo Noona!"

"Ji Hyo Unnie!"

Jong Kook chuckled. "You let them call you that?"

"Of course. What else could they call me then? Aunt Ji Hyo? That'd make me seem so old."

Seung Ho piped up. "We can call you Aunt Ji Hyo if you marry Jong Kook Samchon."

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were caught off-guard by Seung Ho's comment, and Ji Hyo shyly tilted her head to one side as Jong Kook lightly chided the boy. 

"Seung Ho-yah... Don't be rude, understand?"

Ji Hyo shook her head, protesting immediately. 

"Don't worry about it. He's just a kid."

Ah, Ji Hyo. She had the best personality and a beautiful face to boot.

And at the moment she looked rather... how could he put it appropriately...

Oh screw it. Ji Hyo looked y. She wasn't in anything too fancy or revealing, but was wearing casual clothes that one would wear if they were just lazing around in their house the whole day. 

Why was it y? Well those short shorts that barely covered enough skin on Ji Hyo's legs were doing a great job of emphasizing the sweet curves of her . Jong Kook couldn't concentrate on anything else.

"Anyway, what brings the three of you here today?" Ji Hyo asked, her voice slightly sweeter in the presence of the children.

"Ah, erm. Seo Young Noona cooked too much again. She asked me to come on up and ask if you'd like to join us. Have you had dinner?"

Ji Hyo shook her head with a pout. She was so cute Jong Kook could've fainted on the spot. "I haven't actually. Good thing you came up. I was too lazy to cook anything today."

"Does that mean you haven't eaten all day? We should hurry down and get you fed then." Jong Kook fussed in concern.

"Ah, give me a moment to change. I can't possibly wear this, can I?" Ji Hyo joked, referring to her extremely casual wear.

"Why not Ji Hyo unnie? Jong Kook Samchon seems to like it. I've been taking his pulse the whole time and his heartbeat sped up when you opened the door." Hoya quipped innocently.

Jong Kook almost died on the spot. So that was why Hoya was holding on to his wrist! Jong Kook was so embarrassed. 

"That- that's not true..."

"Erm, haha... I'll go change still..." Ji Hyo mumbled, equally embarrassed.

As she ran past a mirror in the hallway, she giggled slightly and softly to herself. She looked in the mirror and checked herself out, noting that her looked fantastic in those shorts. Had Jong Kook been checking her out? It was nice knowing she had that effect on him, a little too nice. She wasn't supposed to be yearning for his attention, damnit! 

But still, she subconsciously took into consideration what would most draw Jong Kook's attention as she dressed, putting on a shirt that would show her cleavage off a bit, and also a pair of high-waisted shorts than showed her off even more than the ones she had on before. She hated herself, but she made no move to stop herself from dressing the way she did.

"Let's go have dinner!" Ji Hyo announced charmingly as she stepped out her front door, locking it behind her as she did.

"Ah, Jong Kook Samchon's pulse quickened again." Hoya announced nonchalantly.

Jong Kook moved his hand away from Hoya's grasp immediately. "No it didn't! No more holding my wrist."

Ji Hyo blushed, but pretended that she didn't even hear. "Seung Ho-yah, want Ji Hyo Unnie to carry you down the stairs?" 

Seung Ho nodded enthusiastically, running away from Jong Kook towards Ji Hyo with his arms outstretched.

Jong Kook looked at the scene with a soft smile, watching Ji Hyo lift Seung Ho up into her arms with a cute exclamation. Ah, Seung Ho was so lucky.

Wait, what? Did he just get jealous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter