Spinsters And Bachelors

When You Accidentally Fall In Love With Your Matchmaker Instead Of Your Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Song Ji Hyo-ssi, have you finished filling in your particulars? Kim Jong Kook-ssi is ready to see you now." Ji Hyo stood up upon hearing her name getting called, following the receptionist to where she presumed was Kim Jong Kook's office.

Ji Hyo was greeted with the sight of an incredibly attractive man. He was wearing a well-tailored black suit and large, sleek black glasses. Jong Kook was typing away at his computer and did not notice Ji Hyo's entrance until she closed the door behind her. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, didn't notice you there." Ji Hyo took tentative steps towards the male as he began stretching, sighing in relief as he had been typing for much too long. Ji Hyo had no idea what to say as she handed the papers she had filled to him and he glanced at the papers for a moment before setting them down on his desk. Jong Kook's work desk was rather neat, a stark contrast to what Ji Hyo's desk in her office looked like. 

"Song Ji Hyo... Ah- so you're my new client." He flashed a friendly smile at Ji Hyo, which had her mesmerized. She couldn't take her eyes off of his face, feeling her mind go blank. "My name is Kim Jong Kook, and I hope my matchmaking services will be of use to you." 

His words snapped Ji Hyo out of her trance as she remembered what she was doing in Jong Kook's office in the first place. She tried to gather her senses and composure before she spoke. "I heard you have a 100% success rate. Guess you must be the best in the company."

Jong Kook bit his lip, seemingly bashful from the compliment. "That statistic's not exactly untrue- but still you flatter me. I guess I'll have to serve you as best as I can seeing your expectations." 

Ji Hyo crossed her legs and pushed her chair in. "So- how is this matchmaking thing going to work? I've never done this before." 

Jong Kook cleared his throat. "Well, first we'll have to discuss what your aim is with my matchmaking services. Like- what kind of people you're particularly interested in, how serious a relationship you want- that sort of thing."

"Ah..." Ji Hyo nodded. "Ask me any questions that you think might help you then."

"Okay. Are you looking for a serious relationship?" Jong Kook took a piece of tissue from the tissue box he had on his desk and began wiping his glasses.

"Looking to get married. It's why I decided to apply for matchmaking services." Jong Kook nodded. 

"Well then, do you have a type? Like age group, job, or a certain look?" Ji Hyo shook her head.

"Don't think I have a type. Never really thought about it." Ji Hyo shrugged.

"Really? Why is that?" Jong Kook was surprised. He had met with many clients and asked them the same question. Song Ji Hyo was one of the very few to not have a type at all.

"I was a bit of a romantic growing up. I believed in silly things like 'love will find you' and not chasing after love." Ji Hyo shook her head at herself as she sighed.

"That's not silly. I think you're rather sweet. More people should think like you." Ji Hyo felt her heart speed up, and for a moment she just stared into Jong Kook's crescent eyes, losing herself in his words and warm expressions.

She forced herself to snap out of it. "Look where thinking like that got me though. 34 and still single." 

Jong Kook's expression froze. "34?" He picked up Ji Hyo's particulars and looked at them more closely. His eyes widened as he found this to be true. "Holy crap you really are- sorry for the language. You really don't look your age. In a good way of course."

Ji Hyo blushed. "Thank you. That means a lot."

Jong Kook took another look at Ji Hyo's particulars and raised his eyebrow. "This is strange. Why didn't you include your job?" 

Ji Hyo pursed her lips. She was hoping to avoid this. "I don't want to. My job is the one thing I want to keep secret. The receptio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter