Concerts And Alcohol

When You Accidentally Fall In Love With Your Matchmaker Instead Of Your Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of the concert. 

Jong Kook and his brother's family had arrived at the hotel where Gary's special staff concert was to be held. Naturally, the hotel was owned by Cheon Enterprises. 

The hotel was the epitome of grandeur and luxury. Jong Kook, Jong Myung, Seo Young, Hoya, and Seung Ho all hemmed and hawed as they entered the hotel. Now, Jong Kook and Jong Myung both earned decent salaries and could be considered quite well to do- but inside this elaborate hotel that surely seemed a place reserved for only the top tier of society, they all felt small, insignificant, and well- poor. 

"Are you sure we got the right place?" Seo Young joked, causing everyone else to chuckle awkwardly as they stood there overwhelmed by the place, not able to move.

At a distance, Kwang Soo, who was checking on some administrative matters with other staff members, saw the family that looked and felt slightly out of place- seeing how they just stood in the center of the hotel lobby and looked around in awe, as if they were tourists visiting an animal exhibit at the zoo.

He decided to go forth and be their savior.

"Hello, may I help you?"

Jong Kook was caught off guard by the tall, unfamiliar man he had never met.

"Erm, we're here for Kang Gary's staff concert? I was invited by Song Ji Hyo-ssi. She's the cousin of the CEO of Cheon Enterprises."

Kwang Soo had to bite his lip in order to keep a straight face. He prayed that his terrible lying skills would not show through now of all times.

"Yes, I'm aware of that. I too, am the cousin of the CEO of Cheon Enterprises. You're Kim Jong Kook, yes? And this is your... brother and his family?"

Kwang Soo tried to sound like he was making a guess, but he knew without a doubt that he was speaking to Kim Jong Kook and his brother's family.

"Yes, how did you know that?" Jong Myung replied suspiciously.

"I-"

"You're tall." Hoya interjected, interrupting Kwang Soo mid-sentence.

"Yeah, very tall. Too tall. Are you even human?" Seung Ho asked. 

"Scientists should study you. Maybe you have giraffe blood in your veins." Hoya speculated. 

Seo Young stepped in. "Kids, that's enough now, don't be rude to the nice man."

Kwang Soo cleared his throat. "Don't worry about it. You kids are cute. As I was saying, I've been instructed to lead you all to your hotel rooms. All concert attendees are to be provided with accommodations free-of-charge."

Jong Myung and Seo Young gave each other a look.

"We didn't know this was an overnight thing." They voiced in concern at the same time. They hadn't brought with themselves a change of clothes for the family. 

Kwang Soo shook his head. "You can check out at any time before tomorrow evening. There's no need to stay for the night if you don't wish to do so."

"Oh, that's nice then." Jong Myung remarked. 

"I'll see to it that you get your rooms then. Follow me to the receptionist. My name is Kwang Soo- call me if you need anything." Kwang Soo said as he handed out his name card.

After leading them to the receptionist, Kwang Soo left to settle more administrative matters, leaving Jong Kook and his brother's family alone.

"Umma, you were using your fake scolding voice again. So you agree that Kwang Soo-ssi is too tall to be human?" Hoya asked.

"Freakishly tall." Seo Young said with a smile.

On their way to the rooms that they had been assigned to, Jong Kook and his brother's family bumped into a rather familiar celebrity. And an old friend of Jong Kook's.

"It's Kang Gary!" Hoya and Seung Ho exclaimed enthusiastically at the same time, causing Gary to turn around. Upon seeing Jong Kook's familiar face, he brightened up and greeted the family warmly. 

"Yes, it's me." Gary replied teasingly as he welcomed the two young fans with a friendly embrace. Jong Myung and Seo Young were mildly starstruck themselves, but maintained a calm demeanor.

"Gary-yah! What's taking you so long?" The ever so recognizable voice of the Nation's emcee, Yoo Jae Suk rang through the air. Jae Suk and Suk Jin had been waiting for Gary so that they could all go for dinner, but did not realize Gary had company.

Hoya, Seung Ho, Jong Myung, Seo Young, and Jong Kook all raised their heads and saw the iconic man. 

"It's Yoo Jae Suk!" 

As it turned out, Hoya and Seung Ho were even bigger fans of Jae Suk than they were of Gary, having spent countless hours laughing at him on television. They let go of Gary and ran towards Jae Suk. Under the facade of being protective parents, Jong Myung and Seo Young chased after the children, but really they just wanted to see Yoo Jae Suk up close. 

This left Gary standing alone with Jong Kook. 

"Haha, as usual, no one can beat the popularity of Jae Suk Hyung." Gary remarked, trying to strike up some conversation with his old friend. 

"Well, I'm still standing here." Jong Kook replied light-heartedly in an attempt to console Gary.

"I bet you're dying to go there then." Gary claimed.

"I am." Jong Kook quipped, making Gary laugh. 

"Man, Hyung- it's been far too long. I hope you're doing well for yourself."

Jong Kook smiled lightly. "I guess I sort of am. I quite like my current job. Maybe it wasn't my dream job, but it's still a good one."

Gary nodded. "As long as you're happy. What are you up to later? We should get a drink." 

Jong Kook said. "Other than to watch your concert, I'm not here to do anything. And I don't really drink anymore."

Gary playfully clapped his hand on Jong Kook's shoulder. "A drink once in a while won't kill you, Hyung. If you change your mind I'll see you at the hotel bar later tonight. Give me a call- Ji Hyo has my number."

Jong Kook nodded. "I'll think about it. Speaking of Ji Hyo- where is she?"

Gary playfully grinned at Jong Kook. "Miss her so much already? Hyung, I'm hurt- we haven't seen each other in twenty years yet here you are thinking about a woman instead of me."

Gary clutched his chest dramatically, causing Jong Kook to huff yet feel embarrassed at the same time. 

"Don't jump to any conclusions. I'm just asking since I haven't seen her and she's the one who invited me today, so it's only proper to greet her and thank her for the opportunity to come here." 

Gary raised his hands. "Woah, woah, woah, no need to get all defensive, Hyung. I was just teasing. Besides, if you want to see her, just admit it. No need to pretend it's all about the manners."

Jong Kook bit his lip. 

"Anyway Hyung, it looks like your family is done harassing Jae Suk Hyung, so I'll be on my way so I can have dinner with my cousins. See you!"

Gary left with Suk Jin and Jae Suk, leaving Jong Kook to return to his brother's family's side again. 

"Hey, Seo Young wants to rest before going to explore the hotel, and if the kids don't get their nap soon they'll only get cranky at the concert later. So is it okay if we head back to our room first?" Jong Myung asked.

"Oh, of course. Go back to your room Hyung." Jong Kook said with a nod.

"You sure you'll be fine on your own?" Jong Myung asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

Jong Myung smiled knowingly. "Yeah, of course you'll be fine without the family of four following you around everywhere. It'll give you a chance to see that Ji Hyo of yours."

Jong Kook blushed a crimson red. "Hyung... She's not 'my Ji Hyo'- and how could you say that? You know I love being with you and your family."

"Make her yours then. And please don't lie to me, we haven't got all day. See you later Jong Kook-ah."

Jong Kook sighed. "See you later."

And with that, Jong Myung and his family left to retire to their room. This left Jong Kook alone, standing all by himself in the corridors of the hotel rooms.

What was he to do?

Oh, what the hell.

He dug out his phone and sent out a text to Ji Hyo. Screw it. No one was here to make fun of him or anyway. And it wasn't wrong to look for the person who invited you to a concert, was it not? Jong Kook was just being polite and grateful. 

He definitely wasn't looking forward to seeing Ji Hyo more than he was going for the concert.

And Ji Hyo definitely wasn't the only thing on his mind the whole day.

Jong Kook: hey :) I'm at the hotel now, where are you?

Ji Hyo responded almost instantaneously. 

Ji Hyo: In my room. 7012. Come on over Oppa

Jong Kook smiled as he read her text. He was staying in the room opposite Ji Hyo's. Interestingly, he had been allocated a room slightly far from his brother's family, but knowing he was staying so close by to Ji Hyo instead made the corners of his mouth turn upwards. 

He made his way to Ji Hyo's room as quickly as he could. The very thought of getting to see her soon excited him. He got to room 7012 as fast as his legs could carry him and rapped a tight fist on Ji Hyo's door.

She opened it almost immediately upon him knocking, and in doing so took his breath away. 

Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter