Chapter 3: It's BigBang!

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have my headphones on, listening to one of my favourite rock songs by Nickelback on my iPod while leaning back on the comfortable inclined chair on the plane. My eyes were closed while I waved my hand around, enjoying the music. I soon felt someone grab my headphones and pull them away from my ears. I look up and growl when I see Zoey. Likewise, I reach out for them, but she lifts them up further.

“Come on, Zoey, this isn’t funny,” I said. “Give them back.”

“Are we almost there?” Zoey asked.

I groaned. It’s only been an hour since we took off, and Zoey is already getting impatient. This is supposed to be an exciting trip for all of us. And it’s the only time to rest because of how busy we were this past week.

“No, we aren’t there yet,” I said. “We might take thirteen hours or so.”

“Thirteen hours! That’s not good. Hey, I hear if we go to Korea, we will enter the next day. Is it true?”

“Don’t tell me you forgot all about time zones, Zoey.” I almost laughed out loud. “Of course we will.”

“Oh, I thought Lee and Collins were lying when they said that.” Zoey looked ridiculous as she scratched her head.

“We learned that in geography back in high school, remember?”

“Being famous must have made me forget.” Zoey rolled her eyes and laughed.

“I can see that,” I said sarcastically.

“So, what the heck are we going to do in thirteen hours? I’m so bored.”

“This is the company’s private jet; there are so many things you can do. You can watch a film if you want. All you’ve done so far is talk about your plans with Lee and Christine.”

“Wait, were you listening?” Zoey looked surprised.

“Partly, especially on the part where you plan to dye your hair pink and also date one of the BIGBANG members.”

Zoey fell silent, and I could tell that she didn’t want me to find out about it. I gave the “I know your plan” look, and Zoey blushed.

“And do you know who she’s planning on dating?” Mike’s voice came from behind.

“Oh, great,” muttered Zoey. “Was everyone really listening? I thought you were all busy doing your own stuff.”

“I heard too,” said Daniel, who sat next to Mike. The two have been busy playing video games with headphones on. But just like me, they somehow managed to eavesdrop on Zoey’s series of tales.

“Man, you can’t have privacy around here, can you?” Zoey asked.

“Well, we’re all in one cabin, so...” said Lee, who took a sip of orange juice. “You get the idea.”

“Daniel, please tell me who Zoey plans on dating,” I asked.

“Don’t tell her anything!” Zoey threatened as she pointed a finger at him.

“Or what? You’re going to feed me to the sharks?” Daniel asked.

“Once we’re flying over the ocean, I will.”

“Just tell me!” I insisted.

“Don’t you dare!” Zoey continued to threaten.

“Christine, you tell me.” I turn to look at Christine, who sat behind Lee.

“Hey, don’t look at me,” said Christine, with her hands raised. “I don’t want to be shark food.”

“And the person is...” teased Mike. Zoey almost blew a fuse.

“Not another word!” warned Zoey.

“Come on, what’s the harm anyway?” Christine asked. “It’s...”

“Ssh!” Zoey warned Christine, putting her finger on her lips to indicate that she should be quiet.

“G-Dragon,” I said.

There came an awkward silence as Zoey looked shell-shocked. She stared at me, and I gave her a smile.

“I thought you said you didn’t hear the whole thing,” said Zoey.

“I didn’t. I just guessed,” I said as I raised my eyebrows at her with a smirk.

“Okay, fine, you’re right as always,” said Zoey, looking defeated.

“I know he is just your type.” I winked at her.

“You know me so well,” Zoey said with a smile as she dropped into the seat opposite mine. “And what about you? Which member are you planning on dating?”

For a moment, everyone fell silent, waiting for my reply. I huffed and took my headphones from Zoey’s hands.

“Unlike you, I’m not planning on dating any one of them,” I answered.

“Wait, you’re serious?”

“Ya, I am!” I snapped.

Here we go again. Back to the topic I’ve always hated: dating. I’ve never dated in my entire life, even after I became famous. It looks like I’ve always been the reserved one. It’s normal for me to have a crush, but dating felt way out of my league. Zoey and Christine always made fun of me for it. They even wondered if I was a lesbian or just not human. I am human, alright, but one who hasn’t found the right person to date yet. And I’m not lesbian.

“Don’t tell me you wouldn’t love to date any one of them,” said Christine. “They are all super cute!”

“I think Taeyang will suit her fine,” said Lee. “He seems like a sweet, romantic guy.”

“No way,” said Christine. “I already have dibs on Tae.”

“But isn’t Taeyang already dating?” Zoey asked as she turned to look at Lee and Christine. I roll my eyes at them.

“Wait, she can date T.O.P.” said Christine. “I think they would make a cute couple.”

“Nah, I think Daesung or Seungri will do her good,” said Zoey. “She needs someone to make her laugh all the time.”

“Can you stop talking gibberish?” Mike came to my rescue. “I think Samantha can do whatever she wants with her life and can decide who she wants to date.”

“We’re just looking out for her,” said Zoey. “You don’t want her to grow old and alone, do you?”

“Well, most guys out there are jerks,” said Daniel. “The right one will come along, but for now, I think she’s better off on her own.”

I couldn’t help but smile at my brothers. I am grateful for having such wonderful guys like them, although they can be a pain sometimes.

“Well, they do have a point,” said Lee. “I also agree. Sam will find someone eventually, so I suggest we drop the topic before Collins hears all this.”

“Too late; I heard every damn thing,” said Collins.

We all turn towards the door that leads to the pilot’s cockpit. Collins had gone in minutes ago to have a word with the pilots. He stood there, staring at us. The funny thing is, we never noticed that he had been there the whole time.

“Collins, hey,” said Zoey, trying to act as if nothing was wrong.

Don’t you ever get tired of pestering Sam with this whole dating thing? Collins asked.

I smirked at Zoey, whose eyes were fixed on Collins’ angry face. The best person I could ever have to defend me from her is him.

“We weren’t bullying her,” said Zoey. “We were just wondering if she would be interested in dating one of the BIGBANG members.”

“You already know Sam doesn’t want to date right now, so let her be. Oh, and another thing... dating any K-pop celebrity is off limits.”

“What! Off limits!” Zoey and Christine exclaimed at the same time.

“Yeah, you heard me. Strictly off limits.”

“Wow, who made up that rule?” Mike asked, sounding sarcastic.

“I did,” Collins answered. “We’re just going to Korea for a month or so, and we’re collaborating with them, not getting intimate.”

“Oh, come on, Collins,” said Zoey. “It’s not a dating thing. It’s a ‘getting to know each other’ thing.”

“You, Zoey, I don’t trust,” said Collins. “But I’ll get Sam to keep an eye on you.”

“Really? Why me?” I asked as I pointed at myself.

“You’re the leader, and you’ve got to keep an eye out for your team. You already know that,” said Collins. “And look out for Christine too.”

I growled in frustration as I leaned back further in my seat. I know being a leader takes a lot of responsibility, but for once, I’m not up to the task of looking out for Zoey and Christine in case they ever get too intimate with BIGBANG. Furthermore, I am not in control of their hormones; they were.

“So, who’s up for some board games? We have a long trip ahead of us, and it’s best we try to pass time,” suggested Collins.

“I’m in,” Lee and I said at the same time.

“Us too,” said Mike and Daniel.

“Yeah, count me in as well,” said Christine.

Everyone turned to look at Zoey, who hadn’t said a word. When she noticed that all eyes were on her, she let out a sigh. Board games weren’t fun without her, and she knew it herself.

“Alright,” said Zoey. “I’m in. What should we play first?”

***

We had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter