Chapter 10: This Is Only The Beginning

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The water felt like a safe haven and I didn't want to get out. For some reason, it felt so warm and nice. I didn't want to go above the surface and face all the troubles out there. But I couldn't stay in water forever. That's obvious. I didn't want to die in here and sooner or later, I had to breathe. 

I pushed myself upwards and my head stuck out of the water's surface. I took in a deep breath of fresh air and I shook my head to shake the water out of my eyes. I opened my eyes fully and as I looked around the pool, I swam to the edge.

When I finally got myself out, I saw Hyo-rin, Seungri and TOP run towards me. Taeyang and Daesung also appeared.

"Sam, are you okay?" Hyo-rin asked, when she got closer.

"I've never been better," I answered as I looked at myself.

I looked ridiculously wet, that's for sure. My clothes felt so heavy. I pulled out my phone from the pocket and it was all wet and ruined. I my teeth in irritation. So much for having a cool fancy iPhone only to find it taking a dive with you into the water. I put my phone back in my wet pocket. My day couldn't get any better than this.

I looked around me and luckily, the little drama I had had with G-Dragon at the top of the rocks, hadn't caught so many people's attention, but only to a few of those who were in the same pool I had fallen in. That was a relief. The last thing I wanted was to look embarrassed in front of the whole world.

"You need a towel," said TOP. "You're soaking wet, and you need a change of clothes too."

"No need," I said as I started to remove my wet sneakers and water poured out of them. "We've to go."

I heard Zoey and the others' laughter and cheering on the other side of the pool. I looked on and I saw the others approach G-Dragon after he climbed down the rocks. They surrounded and cheered for him as though he was a hero. 

"Sam?" I heard Taeyang's voice as he held my shoulder. "You don't look okay at all. And you really need a change of clothes or else you're going to catch a cold."

"I already told you, I'm fine," I said as I slowly brushed off Taeyang's hand from my shoulder. I didn't want to be rude, but I was so not in the mood for consolation from anyone.

I made my way towards GD and the others, while they were chattering on with excitement over what had happened. Hyo-rin and the rest followed behind me. As the Toxins and G-Dragon saw me approach them, Zoey came forward.

"Oh, man, Sam," said Zoey, with a ridiculous smile on her face. "You should really see yourself. Sorry for all that, but we had to add a little spice to the game. Hope you didn't mind."

"Can we just go back to YG?" I asked, with no hint of emotion on my face. "I've had a long day."

"Go back to YG?" Zoey asked with a surprised look on her face. "I thought we were going back to the hotel."

"I told you, our managers need us back there. And as usual, you never listen to me." I rolled my eyes as I soon remembered something. "Speaking of our managers, Daesung, may I use your phone, please?" I looked over at Daesung.

"Ya, sure," said Daesung, as he gave it to me.

I dialled Lee's number and I placed the phone to my ear. The Toxins and G-Dragon looked on at me, clueless. They were obviously wondering why I was making a call. They would know soon enough.

"Hello?" came Lee's voice at the other end of the line.

"Lee, it's Sam," I answered.

"Sam, thank goodness, you called. Did you find them?"

"Ya, I found them," I said, as I looked on at the culprits in front of me. "Do our managers know anything?"

"No, not yet. But you better get back here quick. I can't keep them locked up much longer. And the press have been waiting for you, so you better hurry."

"We'll be there in thirty minutes."

"Okay, I'll be waiting."

I cut the call and gave Daesung his phone back.

"Wait, Sam, what's going on?" Daniel asked. "Why were you talking to Lee? Is something wrong?"

"Everything is wrong," I answered, trying to keep my cool. "I'll tell you later. We better go now."

"At least tell us what's going on," said Christine. 

"It's best we get to YG first," said Seungri. "We're wasting a lot of time here."

"Come on. You heard Seungri, we don't have much time," I said.

"But you better change your clothes first," said Zoey. "You know you easily catch a cold. At least get a towel to dry yourself."

I shook my head. I was really on the edge of losing my temper. But I quickly took in a deep breath and started to walk away from the pool and the others in my bare wet feet and carrying my wet sneakers.

After walking a few feet away, I looked behind me and the others just stared at me, with surprised and confused looks on their faces. The last thing I wanted was for them to just stand there because they would end up grabbing other people's attention which I was highly trying to avoid.

"Aren't you coming or are you going to run off so that I go looking for you again?" I asked.

None of them answered as they all started walking towards me and walked past heading for the exit. I stayed for a few minutes from where I stood as I watched them go, except for TOP, who came to stand beside me.

"Don't say a word, please," I said as I turned to look at him.

"I wasn't going to say anything, apparently," said TOP. "I know you're angry and the last thing you would want to hear from me is advice."

I turned to look the other way as I now felt a little guilty. 

"Was I harsh on them?" I asked quietly.

"To be honest, you did the best you could not to let your anger get the best of you."

"I'm still upset, though."

"And that's normal. They will understand. You're human too."

"Thanks, TOP." I said, trying to put up a smile. "Sorry for being harsh on you earlier."

"It's okay. You guys go on ahead. I'll go get changed and I'll catch up with you later."

I gave TOP an assuring nod and he gave me a pat on my shoulder and walked away. I was on my way again and I found myself outside the indoor water park. I saw the others ahead of me and I kept my distance. I was still soaking wet and I started to shiver. It was now in the afternoon but the sun still didn't seem to warm me up as I expected it to. It was hot, yes, but I still felt cold because of my dripping clothes.

We all found ourselves back at the back gate of the water park. I found G-Dragon and the Toxins all settled in G-Dragon's car. Daesung, Seungri, Hyo-rin and Taeyang were waiting for me. 

"Hey, Sam, you don't mind if I ride along with you, Daesung and Seungri, do you?" Hyo-rin asked as she approached me to keep the others out of ear shot.

"I'll ride with Tae, he shouldn't be alone," I said, giving Hyo-rin a small smile. "Don't worry about it."

Hyo-rin gave me a kind smile and I looked on as she settled in with Daesung and Seungri in the car. G-Dragon's car took off first, then Daesung's. I continued to watch on as the two cars left the premises and all I did was stand in the sun, trying to take in the warmth, but still shivering like a leaf.

I had my eyes closed when I felt something warm on my shoulders. I opened my eyes and I found Taeyang wrap his warm coat around me.

"You're really shivering," said Taeyang. "Let's hope you don't get..."

Before he could finish his sentence, I sneezed.

"....a cold," said Taeyang, rolling his eyes at me. "Nice one, Sam. Now our managers will get pissed for sure."

"Don't worry, it's just a small sneeze," I said as I sniffed. "I'll be fine by tomorrow."

"Let's hope so. Come on, we better get going."

Taeyang led me to his car and he helped me open the door to the passenger's seat. We were on the road in no time, and as I sat in the car, I still felt cold that Taeyang had to turn the heater on.

In about thirty minutes, we were back in Seoul and back in the YG premises. I found the others all waiting for us at the front entrance of the building. Taeyang and I got out of the car and walked up to them. I led them in, still barefoot and surprisingly at the same time, Collins, Yang Hyun-suk and Lee appeared out of the elevator.

"Where have you guys been?" Collins asked, as they approached us. "And why do you look so wet, Sam?"

"We went to Caribbean Bay," I answered.

Lee who stood behind Collins gave me a funny startled look. She probably thought I was going to make up some kind of a lie to cover up for the others. But I had other things in mind.

"Caribbean Bay?" Yang Hyun-suk looked surprised. "We had things to sort out here and you went to have fun?"

Yang Hyun-suk sounded a little harsh and the rest of us were quiet. I could feel the atmosphere behind me grow tense as no one said a word.

"Well, is anyone going to say anything?" Yang Hyun-suk asked.

"We didn't just go there to have fun," I said, with my head down. "If there's anyone to blame for all this, it's me."

There was an awkward silence as I felt all eyes on me. Their eyes felt like piercing needles, but I had to ignore the feeling and carry on.

"What do you mean?" Collins asked.

"Well, I hear the press are here," said Sam. "And I bet they are here over the video of G-Dragon and I. I'll tell you everything from there."

"That won't be necessary," said Yang Hyun-suk. "We can do all of that tomorrow or some other day. You look all beat and I don't think it will be appropriate to go to the press looking all wet."

I breathed out a sigh of relief. Things were simply going the way I thought they would. I just hoped that what I was going to do next would work out too.

"In the meantime, you go to the hotel and get freshened up," said Collins. "We will talk later on in the evening and you will tell us all about it."

I nodded my head in agreement. Well, that was a relief. I seriously needed a change of clothes as I felt myself shiver vigorously.

"Come, I'll drive you to the hotel," said Taeyang.

"Alright," I said quietly, as I looked up at Lee. She seemed really frightened. The last thing she wanted was for all of us to get into trouble and it seems like I was only making things worse.

Before I turned to leave with the rest of the group, I gave Lee a wink, assuring her that everything was going to be alright and that she should trust me on this one.

***

I sat on the couch all wrapped up in a blanket, coughing and sniffing like crazy as I continued staring at the TV. I was watching a K-drama series, "Boys over flowers" and I was really enjoying it, despite being down with a cold. 

I had a box of paper tissues right beside me and a plastic containing the ones I had blown my nose on on my other side. Disgusting, I know, but hey, it was only a cold and there was nothing I could do about it.

I continued watching the series when the waiter came in to bring in my warm chicken soup and announced that Taeyang had come to see me.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Taeyang asked after the waiter gave me the soup and left while he came in.

"Never better," I said, sounding funny with a blocked nose. "Take a seat, please. Not too close to me though, I don't want you to catch my cold."

"I wasn't even going to try," Taeyang took a couch right next to mine, but far away from me as possible.

"So, watching k-drama, huh?" Taeyang asked as he looked at the flat screen TV on the wall.

"Ya, I'm actually enjoying it," I said as I put in a spoonful of chicken soup in my mouth. Mmm, it was so tasty.

"And the others?" 

When Taeyang meant the "others," I knew he meant The Toxins. I just rolled my eyes and continued staring at the TV.

"As usual, they went for practise two hours ago," I answered, not sounding like I cared.

"Are you still mad at them?" Taeyang asked.

I got the remote and paused the TV. I couldn't catch up with reading the subtitles and Taeyang's question just confused me.

"I don't know," I said, staring at my soup.

"You don't know or you are?"

I shrugged my shoulders. To be completely honest, I am still mad, but then again, I felt like I wasn't and that felt confusing.

"I don't know, Tae," I answered. "I'm still upset with all of them, but another part of me is telling me that I won't stay that way for long and I should just try to forget all that happened yesterday."

"Ya, I understand. They never listened to you and you had to carry on with their game. And in the end, you take the blame because you knew how angry our managers were going to get."

I looked on at Taeyang as I sniffed. He was right. Yesterday was tough, and coming up with a plan to help the others get out of trouble was even tougher when you know you weren't only dealing with Collins, but also with Yang Hyun-suk who was as tough as nails.

Last night, I took the blame and told our two managers that I was the one who decided that we should all go out and the others had nothing to do with it. I told them that the others had insisted on working on the song, but I was the one who objected and made everyone do whatever they wanted. 

Apparently, the managers weren't that mad at me at all. If I hadn't lied on their part, they would've been way mad at the others instead. They were glad I had bought these guys back on time without creating much of a scene on social media. Luckily, only a few people had taken pictures of us. Most people on social media were even surprised that BigBang and The Toxins were at Caribbean Bay. Well, at least my plan worked out. What I was truly avoiding, was grabbing too much attention from our fans, the paparazzi and the reporters.

After my confrontation with our managers, I went straight to bed without talking to anyone and I didn't have supper. One, I was totally beat from all that had happened, and two, I just didn't feel like talking to anyone.

"Huh, I guess am still upset," I said, as I took in another spoon of soup in my mouth. "Especially after what GD did to me."

"Ya, what happened was kind of dramatic," said Taeyang.

"You saw that?" I looked surprised. "I thought you came later on when I fell into the pool."

"No, Daesung and I arrived when you got to the top."

"Oh," I sniffed and coughed. "Ya, it was kind of dramatic."

"Have you tried talking to GD?"

"To be honest, I haven't even tried. I don't even want to see nor talk to him. I would probably slap him in the face if I see him."

"I don't doubt that."

"And thank goodness my new phone isn't coming in until late in the afternoon. I wouldn't like anyone calling me trying to tell me how sorry they are. Right now, all I want to do is watch some TV."

I quickly drank my chicken soup from the bowl. And my goodness, the cooks here really knew how to make lovely soup. I would probably order for it again if I had to.

"So, how are you and Hyo-rin?" I asked, after putting the bowl aside.

"Still not talking to each other," Taeyang amswered as he leaned back on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"Looks like I'm not the only one not talking to people, aren't I?"

"Nope."

I stared at Taeyang as he continued to look at the ceiling as I thought of what to say or ask next.

"What really happened to you two yesterday?" I asked.

Taeyang didn't say anything at first. Then he breathed out heavily and said, "what happened to us happens to every other couple, Sam."

"I know you fought or probably had an argument. I just want to know what it was all about. That's if you're willing to tell me. I won't push you if you don't."

I noticed Taeyang smile while he continued to look upwards. It was probably over what I had said. I was not one who liked to push people over talking about their problems. I wasn't like Zoey who always got away with such things.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I asked Taeyang who continued to smile.

"I'm just wondering why some things you wish for never come to pass."

I raised an eyebrow this time around. Was he diverting the question or was he talking in riddles now?

"I thought I was the only one who is sick today," I said rolling eyes.

"Don't mind what I just said," said Taeyang, as he looked at me. "It's nothing."

"Mmm, figured. If you don't want to say anything, it's fine by.."

Before I could finish my sentence, I sneezed. Like, really loud. There was silence at first until Taeyang started laughing at me while I blew my nose with a tissue.

"It's not funny, Tae," I said furrowing my eyebrows and threw the used up tissue in the plastic.

"You sound funny when you sneeze. That's why I laughed," said Taeyang, giving me his eye smile.

"Well, it's good I made you laugh then. Just like me, you haven't been smiling at all since yesterday."

"Looks like the two of us really have a lot in common when things don't go our way."

"Yep, cheers to that." 

"So, have you thought of any lyrics for the song yet?" Taeyang asked.

I slapped my face. I had completely forgot about the song since I was running up and down the whole of yesterday.

"I completely forgot," I said, as I sniffed. "Weren't you guys supposed to work on it today?"

"We can't work on it without you," said Taeyang. "You and G-Dragon decided that the both of you would work on it together."

"Don't mention his name because I feel like breaking something."

"Wow, that sounds personal."

"Ya," I nodded my head. "It really is."

"Then how are the two of you going to work on the lyrics if you're still angry at him?"

"I think I've a better idea. Let's all just work on the song together. I may be the songwriter in my group, but I always give a chance for others to bring in their lyrics. It's better that way."

"That's not a bad idea. Aren't you going to tell GD about it?"

"Uh, no. Until I'm no longer mad at him, you will have to act as my middle man."

"Me? Your middle man?" Taeyang burst into a fit of laughter. "That's going to be classic."

"You should be honoured. Most people would die just to be my middle man."

"I wouldn't. FYI, I'm a pop star just like you and people would die just the same."

"Haha, good point."

Taeyang and I continued to talk for a good thirty minutes and it was so much fun. I was glad he came to see me because life tends to be boring sometimes when you're alone. Apart from talking about the events that took place yesterday, we talked about other fun things concerning our personal lives. Mostly focusing on the funny things that goes on whenever we were with your group members. I mostly talked about Zoey, since she always creates drama in my life, while Taeyang talked about Seungri, who always got into trouble since he was the "maknae" (막내) (youngest) in the group.

While the two of us were laughing after Taeyang finished telling me a funny story about Seungri, I received a phone call from the hotel land line. 

I quickly went over to the phone, trying to calm myself after laughing so much. Luckily, it was just the receptionist downstairs, informing me that Seungri and Daesung had come to visit. I told the receptionist to tell them that they could come up and I put the receiver down.

"Speaking of the devil," I said as I passed Taeyang, going back to my seat, "he is here with Daesung."

"Seungri is here? Well, that's a surprise."

"I'm not," I said shrugging my shoulders. "He's obviously here to check up on me, since he calls me his panda."

"Trust me, you're one of his many pandas," said Taeyang, as he smiled.

"Shut up, Tae!" I threw a pillow at him and he blocked it as he raised his arm.

"Eww, that pillow probably has your germs on it," said Taeyang, as he disgustingly looked at the pillow I had thrown at him on the floor.

"You're welcome," I said with a devious smile on my face.

A few seconds later, we heard the sound of the elevator then Seungri and Daesung appeared into the lounge. Seungri was holding a huge stuffed panda and Daesung was holding a box of chocolates.

"Awww, is that for me?" I asked as I the couch to face them.

"Ah, no, the panda is a very good friend of mine and just came along to see the famous B.K who is sick," said Seungri. Daesung and Taeyang burst out laughing at the same time.

"Very funny, Seungri," I said, as I frowned at him. "Give him to me, I want to hug him."

"And give him your cold? No ways," said Seungri, hugging and holding onto the panda.

"Do you really want me to come over there and fight for it?"

"I would give the lady the panda if I were you, Seungri," said Taeyang. "You wouldn't want to see her nasty side."

"Hey, I don't have a nasty side," I said, as I looked at Taeyang.

"Everybody has one," said Taeyang, shrugging his shoulders.

"Never mind that," said Daesung, "just give her the panda, Seungri."

"Really? But he'll be scared without me," said Seungri, still holding onto the panda.

"For goodness sake, I know the panda is mine," I said. "And besides, we ladies are good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter