Chapter 16: Big Fat Liar

Stuck In A K-Pop World: Hitting With A Big Bang (A Black Kitty Series, Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, Sam, please don't do this to us," Mike pleaded.

"Ya, we're your brothers and we're really worried about you," said Daniel.

"Sorry, guys, I'm still not going to tell you," I said. "Well, not now at least."

"You've never been this stubborn in your entire life," said Mike. "What's wrong with you?"

I shrugged. "Well, I guess it's because I don't know what to tell you. I've no idea what to  say. And I have no idea where I stand anymore."

I continued to look at  my sad face in the mirror as I sat on the chair. My two brothers stood  at either side of me, staring back at my reflection. I looked at them  through the mirror and I could tell that they were feeling down and low. I hated that I had to put everyone in this situation, especially Zoey.

Yesterday passed on quite slow since everyone now knew that G-Dragon and I still weren't on  good terms with each other. And when we had to prepare ourselves for the interview, we had to act like nothing was wrong or else Collins would  be up to our necks if he noticed. The rehearsals went on just fine, but  afterwards, my group members never stopped bugging me about the whole  thing till evening, and I had still not said a word.

"Come on, guys," said  Zoey who sat directly behind me, facing another mirror and a makeup  stylist was attending to her. "Last night, I tried my best to make her talk before we even went to bed. But she wouldn't budge. I even  threatened to rip Mr Panda's head off, but she saved the panda before I  could even start the execution."

That was true. Last night didn't end well for both Zoey and I in our room. I was pretty lucky that I even saved the panda before she could rip it's head off. And we ended up going to bed without even saying goodnight to each other.

"I know you're all dying to know," I said as I turned to look at Zoey's back. "But believe me when I say that I don't know what to tell you."

"You've been saying that since yesterday," said Christine who sat in front of the mirror beside mine, her hair was being curled by one of the hair stylists. "We're tired of that, you know?"

"Then it's best you guys stop bugging me about it until we meet with the others after the interview."

"I agree," said Daniel. "I hope you and GD clear everything up."

"I even tried to talk about it with G-Dragon yesterday," said Zoey as the stylist put her on some eyeliner. "But he never texted me back nor picked up his phone to talk. He just went cold on me."

That was GD, alright.I kept that to myself. Saying it out loud will just create a big mess in the dressing room and I wouldn't be able to cool Zoey down.

"I bet he didn't expect it," said Mike. "I think it's better for him not to talk to anyone."

"True," said Christine.

"I just hope he is okay," said Zoey.

I rolled my eyes. Of course he was okay. That's if he wasn't drinking his life away. Maybe I should warn Zoey. But she already knows about his habit, does she? I hope so.

We dropped the topic about G-Dragon. Our minds went on to what's going to happen during the interview. I was pretty nervous about it since it was our first TV interview together as a group ever since we came here to Korea.

It was five minutes tillthe interview and Collins came in to check on us. And he came with the one person I wasn't expecting to see for the rest of the day. Yang Hyun-suk.

I looked down pretendingnot to have seen the two managers enter the room. I saw them through the mirror and luckily I was being applied a little bit of blush by the makeup artist.

"You're all looking glorious today," said Yang Hyun-suk.

He fully got our attention now. We all turned to look at him and muttered 'thank you'.

"You have to get ready," said Collins. "You will be on any minute now."

"Don't worry, we have been prepared for this our whole lives," said Zoey. "We won't let you down."

"I sure hope so," said Collins. "I'm warning you, Zoey. Don't say anything stupid."

"Does that mean I can't joke around, then?" Zoey shrugged.

"You can," said Yang Hyun-suk. "But not about him." He pointed to Collins.

"That, I agree," said Christine.

I smiled when I looked at Collins, giving a face to Yang Hyun-suk.

It was now time for the interview and when we went to face the audience on set, we were welcomedwith a round of applause. And the TV interviewer welcomed us so kindly too.

The interview went on perfectly. We had so much fun talking about our lives and we were asked questions from the audience that weren't so complicated. We were having a good time, especially with Zoey blabbering on and making the others laugh.

We were then asked personal questions about our dating life. That was one topic I never liked talking about. But I had to put up a face for the sake of the audience and the fans watching on TV.

As usual, the questions were mostly directed at me. As usual, I told the audience that I wasn't ready to date yet and that the right one would come when I least expected it. And then the question I hadn't thought of in a while, raised to the surface.

"So, what about you and G-Dragon?" the interviewer asked. "Don't you think you two were meant to be together?"

There was a 'whooo' thatcame from the audience. I should have prepared myself for this. But I was dumbstruck as I looked at the interviewer who couldn't stop smiling at me, waiting for my answer. He had a very mischievous smile.

"I..eh," I hesitated. I probably looked dumb in front of the audience if not the whole world. I twirled my curly hair and didn't know what to say next.

"No, way," said Zoey whosat beside me. "G-Dragon and Sam can never date. Besides, it's not like they would date given that we aren't going to say here for long."

I looked over at Zoey and I could tell that she was offended by the question, now that she and GD have some romance between them.

"Long distance relationships do work out sometimes," said the interviewer. "And a lot of us would like to hear what BK has to say about it."

I gulped and found it pretty hard to speak. Everyone was expecting an answer from me and I didn't know what to say.

"GD and I are just good friends," I said. "I don't think of us dating."

"But what of those dating rumours that were going around?" the interviewer asked.

"We cleared all that in our last interview with the media at YG," I said. "It's not like the twoof us ever went out on a date. People like to make up stories. And ever since that video got aired on YouTube, that's when all the dating rumours started."

"Which was Zoey's fault, by the way," said Mike who sat on my other side.

"You don't have to remind me, thank you very much," Zoey looked at Mike as though she was about to bite him. Mike smirked.

"But not only did the video send stories flying," said the interviewer. "When you were done with your interview, G-Dragon saved you from falling and that still sparked more rumours."

"I don't see why people continued with the rumours, to be honest," I said. "He just prevented mefrom falling. It's not like the two of us were ballroom dancing or anything."

"Don't you like GD?"

That was one question I wasn't sure of answering myself. And I had to be careful with what I was going to say.

"I like G-Dragon, but only as a friend," I said. "A good friend."

Saying that made me feela little guilty. G-Dragon and I still weren't on good terms. If I had achance to set things right, I would. But right now, I felt my relationship with him was going nowhere.

"So, you don't like like G-Dragon?" the interviewer asked.

"No, not in that way, no," I said, shaking my head.

"Well, I think the audience and the rest of the world will agree with me that you two make areally cute couple," said the interviewer.

I blushed. That's what everyone was saying on social media nowadays. The audience gave out murmurs of approval. I felt Zoey shift a little uncomfortably. This was awkward for me more than it was for her. I wanted to say sorry, but I kept it to myself.

"I agree with you," said Daniel. "They just look so cute together."

"I also agree," said Christine as she giggled. "To be honest, I really thought the two would date, but sadly, she doesn't feel that way for him."

I looked at both Christine and Daniel and I couldn't tell if they were joking around withme or not. Maybe they were doing this just to intimidate me because of G-Dragon and I. But they were also upsetting Zoey too. Christine knew better.

"Yes, too bad indeed," said the interviewer. "So, moving on...."

The interviewer soon started to talk about the other BigBang members and we talked about how great it was to collaborate with them. That cooled things down a little.

As the interview was coming to an end, we performed one of our hit songs in front of the audience. After a round of applause, the TV interview was over.

I had to admit, it was pretty awesome and we had so much fun. At the end of the interview, we took a few pictures with some people from the audience and even with the interviewer.

It was soon time to leave the TV studio, but we were all back in the dressing room busy chattering about the interview.

"I had fun today," said Mike.

"I hear we will be having more interviews like this one," said Christine.

"That will be great," said Zoey as she had her phone in her hand.

"Trying to call, G-Dragon?" I asked as I came to stand beside her.

"Ya, I left him a message before the interview and he hasn't replied."

"Try calling him again," said Mike.

"Better not call him now," said Daniel. "I bet he still isn't going to answer."

Zoey sneered at Daniel. "You should shut up for once. You have already made me upset because of what you said in the interview."

"What did I say?" Daniel looked confused as he turned to look at me.

"Don't mind her," I said as I held my brother's shoulder and Zoey went to the other side of the room to call G-Dragon.

Christine smirked and I knew that what she said during the interview was just to get on Zoey's nerves.

"Still no answer," Zoey said as she came back to join us. "Now I'm getting worried."

"I hope nothing serious has happened to him," said Daniel.

"Well, we have to leave and meet with the others soon," I said. "At YG."

"We're meeting there? Why?" Zoey asked.

"Tae and the others think it's a good place to meet there. We can't go anywhere else."

"Okay. I hope GD shows up," said Zoey.

"Ya, me too." I rubbed my neck, hoping that GD was okay.

Lee came in the dressing room and announced that we can leave.

"I told the managers that we will need to use the car so they left together," said Lee.

"Thanks, Lee. We better go."

We left the TV studio and while we were in the car, Zoey continued to call G-Dragon, but to no avail. I decided to call Taeyang instead.

"Hello? Sam?" Taeyang answered.

"Hey, Tae, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm okay. I saw your live interview."

"Ya, em, that's not why I called. Have you by any chance checked up on GD to see if he is coming?"

"I tried reaching him a few times this morning, but nothing. Is something the matter?"

"Well, ya. Zoey has been trying to reach him since yesterday, but he hasn't called or texted back."

"Let me see if I can call his apartment to see if he is okay," said Taeyang.

"Okay, are you already at YG?"

"Yes, I'm here with Seungri."

"Okay, we will be right there."

I cut the line and turned to Zoey.

"Taeyang has no news either," I said.

"His phone keeps ringing but he isn't answering," said Zoey.

"Why don't you try and call him, Sam?" Lee asked as she turned to look at me from the front passenger's seat.

I went blank. Why was Lee asking me to call G-Dragon? Zoey was already freaking out like the rest of us that he wasn't answering her calls. Did Lee think G-Dragon would respond if I tried to call him?

"Why?" I asked. "I bet he won't answer me as well."

"Can you at least try?" Lee asked.

"There is no harm in trying," said Daniel. "Who knows, he might just answer."

I looked down at my phone in my hand like it was some creature ready to bite my nose off at any moment. I hesitated.

What would everyone think if G-Dragon really did answer my call? I would be toast, especially with Zoey. The two were like a couple now and it wouldn't feel right. What the heck, it wouldn't 'be' right at all. What was I
going to do?

"What are you waiting for?" Mike asked, snapping me back to reality. "Do it."

Everyone's eyes were on me now. And I knew they weren't going to let go of me that easily. I stared at Zoey to see what she thought.

"Go on, Sam," said Zoey.

I gulped and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. I unlocked my phone, went to my contacts and called G-Dragon.

I put the phone to my ear and his phone was ringing. I closed my eyes hoping he wouldn't answer. The car had just entered the YG premises. The phone was still ringing.

"Looks like he isn't answering," I said, when the car stopped. My phone still to my ear.

"Just hold on for a few seconds," said Lee as she got out of the car.

The rest also got out and I was left alone. There was no hope left. I knew he wasn't going to answer.

Just when I thought the line would go dead, I heard a clicking sound and I felt my heart stop.

"Hello, Sam?"

I was startled. He answered. Oh, no. This was what I had feared. My jaw dropped and no wordcould come out of my mouth. All this felt like a surprise.

"Sam, are you there?"

Thank goodness he was okay. He did sound a bit strange though. Must be that he was drunk or he wasn't feeling too well.

"I know you're there, Sam. Are you worried about me?"

"I...mm...I," I hesitated. What was I supposed to say? That yes, I was worried or snap out of your drunken state and get your over here?

"Has he answered?"

I jumped on my seat and cut the line. Lee was standing by the door of the car looking at me.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I looked outside the car.

"They went inside," said Lee. "We better go."

I nodded my head. By the time I was stepping out of the car, my legs were shaking. And the colour on face seem to have faded away because I felt really pale.

"So, did you talk to him?" Lee asked again.

"I...I..eh."

"He answered, didn't he?"

I looked at Lee and I knew I couldn't lie to her. "Yes," I answered.

Lee's mouth dropped and she looked at me with so much shock.

"I knew it!"

"Shut up, will you? You're going to attract too much attention. Let's go. And don't say a word to anyone."

Lee put her index finger on her lips and the two of us went inside. The others had already gone upstairs. Lee and I went to join them in the studio.

"Hey, guys," I said when I came in with Lee.

"My little panda," said Seungri as he came to hug me. "You looked so beautiful during the interview."

"Thanks," I said as I blushed and Seungri took me by the hand and took me further into the room.

"You guys were just awesome," said Taeyang as he and I both hugged.

"Thanks. Any news of GD yet?" I asked.

"I tried calling his apartment," said Taeyang. "But nothing."

"Did he answer when you called him?" Zoey asked me.

"No, he didn't," I answered.

I should be given the Best Liar Award because Zoey and everyone else believed me for some reason. I looked at Lee and all she could do was nod her head a little to assure me that it was okay that I had lied.

"Maybe it's best we go and check up on him ourselves," said Seungri.

"That's a good idea," said Mike.

"Maybe we should wait and see if he shows up?" I suggested.

"No, I'm getting really worried," said Zoey. "It's best we go."

"I'll go. Who's coming with me?" Taeyang asked.

"I'm coming with you," said Zoey.

"Me too," said Christine.

"Won't you go along, Sam?" Mike asked.

"No, it's best I stay here," I said.

"Okay," said Taeyang. "Come on, let's go."

Taeyang, Zoey and Christine left the studio. I went over to the couch to sit. I felt it was a good thing not to go. He was already upset with me. But I was
still surprised he had answered my call.

"Why didn't you go with them, Sam?" Mike asked.

"Why should I go?" I asked.

"Because everyone listens to you," said Seungri as he came to sit beside me.

"I wonder why he didn't answer your call, though," said Daniel.

"Maybe it's because he is ignoring all of us," I answered, as I looked at my fingernails.

"I don't think so," said Mike. "One thing I can guarantee for sure, he would listen to you no matter what."

"Listen to me? For he and I not to be on good terms, he doesn't."

Lee was still standing in front of me and said, "call him again, Sam."

I looked at Lee as though she had read out my death sentence.

"Are you kidding me? I just told everyone that he didn't answer," I said.

"Come on, Sam, the others aren't here," said Lee. "Especially Zoey."

"Wait, what's going on?" Seungri asked as he looked at me and then at Lee.

"G-Dragon answered Sam's call," said Lee.

"For real?" Mike and Daniel asked at the same time.

"Yes," I answered.

"But why didn't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter