Future

Subarashiki Sekai

 

The audience burst into applause as Arashi walked out onto the floor in front of the cameras. The cameras started rolling, and the intro began playing as everyone began getting excited.

“Welcome Special VS Arashi!” Sakurai Sho’s voice said as they talked to the cameras. More applause, and the members looked at each other. “You know, next month is spring, and now that’s its almost springtime, that means that the cherry blossoms will bloom here really soon.”

“That’s right,” Aiba said. “And does that mean that you’re going to see them this year Sho-chan?”

“I think we should go,” Jun spoke. “We should all go together as a group.”

“Who says I want to go see them with you though?” Nino teased.

“Shouldn’t we focus more on who our guests are?” Matsujun asked. “You know, this is their first time coming to any of our shows.”

“Well, they’re still brand new,” Nino said. “They haven’t really been anywhere.”

“But if you think about it,” Aiba spoke up. “They’re getting more publicity than we did when we started.”

“Shall we call them out?” Sho asked. After everyone nodded, he announced. “Then, here are today’s VS Arashi’s guests. Come out please!”

The music started playing and smoke burst out from the entrance where we all walked through. Once we all walked out and the audience saw us, they burst into happy screams. The five of us walked down to stand next to Arashi as we waited for the audience calmed down.

Sho smiled. “Today’s VS Arashi guest is the Hanabi Team!”

The five of us girls bowed respectfully to the audience and to Arashi, saying our ‘yoroshiku’s and whatnot. The audience was really excited, screaming and cheering and getting all pumped up.

“So here’s a question that I’ve wanted to ask you since the last time,” Sho said to the five of us. “Do you have a leader? Like Ohno is our leader.”

“No we don’t,” Kotone answered for us.

“Should you decide one?”

We all shook our heads. “No, we like to stay equal with no leader,” Aiko answered.

“Oh, that’s good,” Sho said. “We should have thought of that!” Everyone laughed, and we did another welcome before we bounced off to our first game.

--

“I can’t believe we won!” Kotone laughed as we ran back into our greenroom. “We beat Arashi!”

“That’s only because the coin tower fell at the last minute!” Nuria laughed. “Oh my gosh, that was so much fun!”

I looked at the table and immediately picked up the piece of paper that lay on top. “Guys,” I said. “Look what Johnny-sama gave us.”

Everyone came and gathered around, looking at the piece of paper. “Dates?” Nuria asked.

Sora smiled. “Concert dates.”

Aiko laughed happily. “We’re getting a Hanabi concert!”

Everyone couldn’t help but laugh and get excited. A concert! We were getting a concert!

“I feel so accomplished right now,” Kotone said. “Let’s go out for ice cream!”

“Yeah!” Sora jumped answering for everyone.

We all headed out the door, but before we left, I saw a note left on the table. I picked it up and smiled, wanting to cry.

Omedou gozaimasu! You five girls have had it easier than the five of us did when we first started 12 years ago. In a weird way, you girls are like our little prodigies. We’ve mentored you, looked after you, and did everything that we could possibly do to help make you succeed. That does not mean that we are going to do everything for you, of course. You have to learn to make your own mistakes and make your own memories. The concert dates are given to you by us, but instead of it just being by yourself, you are going to share the spotlight with us. Hanabi x Arashi. I hope you won’t mind. (Laugh)

We are very proud of you, Hanabi-san. Continue to work to your fullest. Never give up on your dreams. Even if things go bad, remember that we are always here to catch you.

Sincerely, Ohno Satoshi, Sakurai Sho, Aiba Masaki, Ninomiya Kazunari, Matsumoto Jun

--

September 2012

 

“We are the luckiest girls in the world,” Kotone said as the five of us stood on the roof of J-Storm one morning.

“Then why are we standing in the cold morning air?” Sora complained.

Kotone smiled. “Because it’s a special day!”

I nodded. “It is. One year ago today, I was just a normal schoolgirl dreaming of being a singer.”

“I was a girl having to deal with a large family and living with the idea that I would have to be like everyone else,” Kotone answered.

Nuria frowned. “I was dreaming of just being able to come to Japan,” she said.

Aiko jumped. “I was warm inside a year ago,” she said. “But I was unhappy. I just wanted a place to fit in.”

“I wanted friends,” Sora said. “I wanted to do something with my life and not just be stuck dreaming for my entire life.”

We all stood in silence for a few seconds, taking in how far we had really come. “One year ago, all of our dreams came true,” Kotone spoke. “One year ago, we became bright, shining fireworks.”

Light began to show over the buildings of Tokyo, showing off the brilliant blue sky. As the sun came and cast itself over the city, we all stopped and watched it rise. For a long time, no one said a word. We just stood there, taking in the beauty of the sunrise.

How far we had come indeed. Never in a million years did I think that I would earn a career doing something I love as well as earn four sisters to share the future together with.

“Happy anniversary, Hanabi.”

 

===================================================================================

 

Only the epilogue left and 'Subarashiki Sekai' is complete! *claps* Yay!!!

But that doesn't mean Hanabi is over...

Noooooooo far from it!

I'm in the process right now of making a new story for Hanabi!! Only this time, they get to debut into a much different environment... one only a few hundred miles and a language away!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you for reading and sticking with it until the very end!!