Kaibutsu-kun

Subarashiki Sekai

There are four very important birthdays in the month of November. Kotone's birthday is the 17th, Brian's birthday is the 25th, Ohno Satoshi's is the 26th, and Chinen Yuri's on the 30th. For an entire week, I was swamped with birthdays. 

"So what are you doing for Brian for his birthday?" Nuria asked me after lunch that day. 

"I'm planning on taking him to see 'Kaibutsu-kun' this weekend!" I said proudly.

"How exciting!"

Kotone looked over at us. "I may not know English," she said. "But I heard 'Kaibutsu-kun' and Brian."

"Today's Brian's birthday," I told her. 

Kotone gasped. "Oh my gosh! So exciting! How old?"

"He's seven years old now."

"Kawaii!" 

"Ohno-kun's birthday is tomorrow too," Sora pointed out putting her purse away. "You should go say 'happy birthday' to him too."

Kotone smiled evily. "Or... go ask him for a Kaibutsu-kun autograph!"

Everyone stared at her. "EH!?"

"No way!" I told her. "That'd be terrible to ask!"

Kotone walked up to me. "Why would it be? Brian's a fan, right? He loves Kaibutsu-kun! You even told me once that it was because of Kaibutsu-kun that Brian even wanted to learn Japanese, now you tell me why getting his autography for your dear sweet little brother isn't a good idea!"

Aiko stood behind me. "One," she said. "Autographs are not allowed in Johnny's!"

"Nino gave me his!" Kotone took my arm. "I'll even take you!"

"NO YOU WILL NOT!" Aiko exclaimed grabbing my other arm. "Koharu is not going anywhere! She's staying here with us to work on our new dance for our next single."

"It'll take ten minutes!" Kotone insisted. She looked at me. "Koharu-chan, don't you want to do something epic for your brother?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but--"

"LET'S GO!"

"Ch--chotto!" I exclaimed. "Kotone!"

I was literally dragged to Arashi's room by my best friend and Chinen Yuri (who once he saw what was going on decided to come with). "This isn't such a good--" I started before Chinen knocked. "Oi! Yamete! I am not doing--"

The door opened, and Matsumoto Jun answered, giving us curious looks. "Hello," he said. "What are you three doing here? You're not stalking us, are you?"

"Koharu-chan came to ask for Ohno-kun's autograph!" Chinen answered happily.

"CHINEN!" I nearly screamed before I turned to Jun. "That's not it! I was talking about my brother and how his birthday's today and he's a big fan of Kaibutsu-kun and these two idiots over here--"

"Just come in," Jun said moving out of the way. The three of us carefully walked into Arashi's room. I was mortified and expected to see everyone there. Surprisingly, it was only Matsujun. "The rest of the group are gone doing other things," Jun explained. "Only me and Ohno are here, but he's changing. What's this about your brother and Kaibutsu-kun?"

"My brother's birthday is today," I told him. "And he's a big fan of Kaibutsu-kun, and I was trying to think of what to get him. When I told everyone that I was going to take him to see the Kaibutsu-kun movie this weekend, Kotone thought that I should come to get Ohno-san's autograph as Kaibutsu-kun, but autographs aren't allowed and when we tried to tell her that she just dragged me along."

Jun looked at Chinen. "And why are you here?"

"I helped!"

"Crazy boy...."

Then, we heard someone clear his throat, and when we turned and looked, I felt my face get red of embarrassment. I covered my face with my hands as Ohno walked deeper into the room. "What's going on?" he asked. "You're brother's a Kaibutsu-kun fan and you want my autograph!"

I looked up. "No that's not it! Kotone and Chinen dragged me here to get your autograph. I didn't want to."

Ohno nodded. "I can do that."

The three of us teenagers looked up at him. "WHAT?!" we asked.

"You get even get a picture," Jun suggested.

"Well," Ohno said. "I have the Kaibutsu-kun costume with me for tomorrow's premiere. I could put it on, have a picture taken, and I could sign it for your brother."

My face must've looked like a tomato. "Ohno-san--" I began.

"She'll do it!" Kotone and Chinen cried out happily. 

I hated them both. 

Within a few minutes, Ohno was completely dressed up as Kaibutsu-kun and Kotone had found a camera with a disposable picture dispenser. "Here," Ohno told me before he gave me a spare Kaibutsu-kun hat. "You can keep that for your brother."

"Say, 'cheese!'" Kotone cried before she took the picture. I made sure to smile, and when the picture came out I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ohno-san," I told him. "It's adorable! Arigatou gozaimasu!"

Ohno took the picture then and found a sharpie. "What's you're brothers' name?"

"Brian," I answered, even spelling it out for him in English (as he insisted) before he wrote the message: 'To Brian, you are 7 years old! Happy birthday! Kaibutsu-kun.'

"Hontouni arigatou gozaimasu!" I told him. 

Before I left, Ohno somehow managed to conjure up another Kaibutsu-kun hat. "One for you, and one for your brother in case you two wanted to go to the movie this weeked."

I smiled wider. "Really, thank you so much!"

--

"WOW!" Brian exclaimed when I gave him the picture and the hat. "Kaibutsu-kun signed it?! You got to meet him?! No fair! You got to meet him!"

I smiled at my brother. "Well, he was just as upset about not meeting you as you are about not meeting him, but Kaibutsu-kun gave me this," I told him giving him the hat. "This is the same hat that came off of Kaibutsu-kun when he saved the Human World, remember? He wanted you to have it. He said he had lots of other hats like it, but he wanted you to have this specific one."

"Thank you Amanda!" Brian cried throwing his arms around me. "Can we go see Kaibutsu-kun? Can we can we can we?!"

"This weekend at the movies!" I told him. "I promise!"

--

I stopped by the door and knocked cautiously. I wondered if he was in there. My thoughts said maybe not.

Yamada Ryosuke answered the door. "Is Chinen in there?" I asked him.

Yamada looked behind him. "Oi Chinen! You got a visitor!" 

Within a minute, Chinen was at the door, and I handed him the piece of cake I held for him. "Happy birthday!" I smiled. 

Chinen smiled back. "Koharu-chan! Arigatou gozaimasu!" He looked behind him then closed the door. "C'mon, let's go somewhere where we can share it."

We went to the roof of the building, where it was quiet and private. It was cold outside, but with the two of us sharing his oversized coat, it worked. Together, we shared the large piece of cake, and it was nice to have some quiet time alone. "So," Chinen started taking a bite of the cake. "How was the movie? I heard it was awesome."

"It was!" I answered. "The 3D was amazing! Brian absolutely loved it!"

"Ah!" Chinen said. "I want to go see it! I don't have anyone to go with though."

I took a bite too. We used the same fork. I didn't really mind germs all that much. "Well Brian's wanting to go see it again as soon as possible. Maybe next time we go, we can take you with us."

Chinen nodded as I gave him the fork back. "That'd be cool." After a minute of silence, he spoke again. "Hey, are you excited about Kohaku this year? Arashi and Inoue Mao are hosting it this year."

"I know," I told him. "Nuria-chan went crazy when she found out. She's convinced that Jun and Mao are married, despite her never ending jealously and desire to be married to him instead."

Chinen laughed. "Well, I know that NYC will be performing. Do you know if Hanabi will be there yet?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Everyone keeps saying that we should be there, but we're so young, and we haven't come up with a music medley yet."

"Well you have until New Year's if you do get to go. Ganbatte, Koharu-chan."

I smiled. "Ganbatte, Yuri-chan."

 

===================================================================================================================

 

I'm on a majoy Kaibutsu-kun high right now. I love that show so much, and I'm anxious for movie subs already xD

chapter 13 is up!!! how awesome is that!!

now, I have some of the medley figured out for Hanabi, but for the members I want you to pick one song that you'd like to see featured in the medley (doesn't have to be JE or Arashi, it can be anything) but keep in mind I already have two songs picked out, so if I don't pick yours don't feel too bad.

see you all tomorrow!!!!