First day of School

Subarashiki Sekai

"Wow, look at it!"

"It's so huge!"

"Am I the only one nervous?"

"How can you be nervous? Just look at it!"

"It's so beautiful~"

Everyone couldn't take their eyes off of our new school. Horikoshi High School was beautiful, and only for students who were also in the demanding entertainment business. A private school. I needed private.

And now, all five of the Hanabi members were outside the school staring at it probably looking like idiots.

"Ohayou gozaimasu Hanabi-chan!"

All five of us turned around and saw Yamada Ryosuke and Chinen Yuri walking towards us. Chinen was smiling widely as he bounced up to us. "I don't think we need to introduce ourselves!"

"Chinen Yuri!" Kotone gasped taking my arm and shaking me gently. "Koharu-chan, it's Chinen Yuri and Yamada Ryosuke! My life is almost complete!"

The two boys laughed gently. "It's nice to meet you," Yamada said. "This is the first time meeting you. It's nice to see young faces besides us in JE."

"We're really big fans," Aiko blurted out. "Are we sharing classes with you?"

"Sadly, we're not," Chinen answered. "This is a gender seperated school. You're going to be with all girl classes, and we're in all boy classes. It's against the rules for the two to mix during anything but sporting events at school."

"And this is our last year before we graduate," Yamada said. "We wouldn't share a class anyway."

"Sora-chan would!" Nuria answered. "She's graduating too!"

"Shut up Nuria!" Sora hissed at her. 

Yamada smiled. "Well, it was nice to meet you. We'll see you later!" Then he grabbed Chinen's arm and started walking towards the front gate. 

Aiko laughed. "Wow, was it just me, or did he seem to be in a hurry to leave?"

"He did!" Kotone replied. "Maybe he was nervous."

"Maybe he likes Sora-chan!" Nuria smiled.

Sora glared at her. "If you say one more word I swear I'll never forgive you!"

"So mean," I groaned. "Let's go. We don't wanna be late, do we?"

Luckily, I was sharing a class with Kotone. Nuria and Aiko got to be in the same class, and poor Sora got a classroom by herself. I felt bad for her at first, but then I had to worry about my class. I was nervous. I never liked going to school in Japan, and to be in a top-ranked high school for idols and child actors only only meant that they demanded more. Kotone was just excited to be going to Horikoshi.

When we looked in, the classroom was loud and busy with students, like any other high school. Still, although I didn't recognize any faces, it made me freeze up. "I wanna go home!" I moaned to Kotone. "I don't know if I can face this! I'm the only foreigner here!"

"Weren't you at your other school?" Kotone asked.

"That was different. There were exchange students."

Kotone looked at me. "Don't you mean 'koukan ryuugakusei'?"

Whoops. "Gomen. I didn't know the Japanese for that."

The school bell rang then, and I felt my stomach want to give out. "Oh great."

"Ohayou gozaimasu!" I heard the teacher inside say to the students.

I heard everyone stand up, bow, and then sit back down. Kotone grabbed my arm to make me stand up straight. "Calm. Relax. You're just a transfer student. There's no way the students here would react the same way the students at the other school did. Ne?"

The teacher came out then. "You can come in please."

I took a cautious step inside the classroom behind Kotone, and I heard some girls gasp and whisper when we came in. We stood in front of the teacher's desk as everybody's eyes stared at us. When I looked over at Kotone, I saw that she was nervous too.

"Please introduce yourselves," the teacher told us.

Kotone cleared . "Harada Kotone desu. Yoroshiku."

I gripped my bag tighter as I took a deep breath. "Amanda Bonson desu," I said as calmly as I could. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." The two of us bowed to the class and I could feel shivers up and down my spine. 

"You can go sit down in the back," our teacher said. We nodded and made our way to the back of the classroom where the empty seats were. I quickly sat in my seat and realized how much my knees had been shaking. 

"Daijoubu," Kotone whispered to me. "It's only our first day. We'll be fine."

--

"It was so much fun!" Nuria exclaimed as we walked to J-Storm after school. "There's this one girl, Mari-chan, that I met and Taka-sensei set us up to be partners so that she could help me out! Aiko-chan got a partner too, but her partner was too quiet. She didn't talk much."

"She was intimidated by you!" Aiko answered. "You talk way too much! Taka-sensei had to talk to you three times to get you to be quiet!"

"I was excited! I couldn't help it!"

Me and Kotone only laughed. "It was better than I thought it would be," Kotone said. "Everyone was really friendly and nice. It was like being in a normal school again."

"Yeah, but I still hate being the new kid," Sora said. 

I shrugged. "Oh well. At least it went well, right?"

"Hanabi-chan!"

We turned around and saw Chinen and Yamada run up to us again. "So? How was your first day?"

"Good," Aiko told him. "How was your day?"

"Eh," Chinen replied. "Same thing every day. Nothing new. But everyone kept talking about Park-san! They were all excited to see her!"

Sora blushed immediately. "Why?"

"Because you're so pretty!" Chinen said. "Almost everyone has a crush on you, even Ya--"

"Time to go!" Yamada exclaimed again taking Chinen's arm. "Well maybe we'll see you later."

"Ja ne!" the five of us called as they left.

Nuria laughed. "Sora-chan has fans~!"

"Lucky!" everyone exclaimed putting our arms around Sora. Her face was red at this point, and she hardly noticed us when we were hugging her.

 

=============================================================================================

 

I am working on this! my first update in a long time, but I have some new found excitement about this, so I'm going to try and continue this the best way that I can!!!!!!!!

chapter 9 is up!! tell me what you think! if you like it, if you hate it, all that fun awesome stuff!!!

have a great day! (I'm glad I got this done. I gotta change classes now ^^)