And it starts...

Subarashiki Sekai

 

"So your mom finally let you transfer?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Finally. I start on Monday."

"Awesome," Kotone said as she took another bite of her rice ball. "That's when I start. I really hope we end up in the same class. That would be terrible if we had to start brand new with no one to hang out with."

I smiled. "You know what would be funny? If Sora-chan and Nuria-chan ended up in the same class."

Kotone burst out laughing. "YES! Oh, I hope that happens!"

Nuria then suddenly ran in. "Guys! You'll never guess who we just found!"

"Ninomiya-kun?" Kotone asked sitting up.

"No," Nuria smiled taking both of our hands to drag us out. "C'mon and I'll show you!"

"Nuria!" I exclaimed. "We have to go to work on our song soon!"

A few minutes later, Nuria stopped us at a corner where Sora and Aiko already had their heads poking around. "What the--?" Kotone began.

"SHH!" Aiko hissed at us. "C'mon! Look!"

Me and Kotone carefully poked our heads around the corner and found what the big fuss was. A beautiful blond woman sitting at a table in the lobby with Sakurai Sho. "Oh my gosh!" Kotone squealed. "Is that really--?!"

"Mady-chan~!" Nuria smiled. "Isn't she gorgeous?!"

I looked at them. "Who's Mady?"

Sora smacked my head slightly. "And you call yourself a Johnny's fan."

"Mady Troy is the first ever female and gaijin ever admitted into Johnny's Entertainment," Aiko explained. "She came to Japan as an actress and started working with KATTUN, but then she began working with Arashi a few months ago. They said that Johnny came to her directly and asked her to join!"

"Can you imagine?" Sora said looking up at Aiko. "She's an elite!"

"Do you think she may be Arashi member six?" Kotone asked. 

"It's possible! And Sakurai-kun and Mady are working on a new drama together! Aren't they cute together?!"

"She worked with Matsujun too."

"Don't remind me."

"I wish we could meet her!"

"That would be ama--"

"Yabai!" Nuria exclaimed suddenly. "Sho-chan looked over! Quick! Run! NOW!"

We all jumped, and after a minute of running into each other, we all ran as fast as we could back to our lounge laughing and giggling the whole time. "I can't believe we just did that!" Kotone laughed. "She saw us!"

"You can't prove that!" Aiko exclaimed. 

"I SAW IT!"

"Ohayou gozaimasu!" 

Everybody turned then and saw a man walk in. "I'm Tanihara Kei, and I'm your director for your new single. If you all would follow me, and we'll all go to the recording studio to go and start making some music."

"Arigatou!" everybody called as we began to follow him. I suddenly became paranoid that we were going to now begin singing. We had never sung together as a group before, and the thought literally made me nervous. It looked like I wasn’t the only one who was thinking the same thing.

“Have you all gone over the lyrics?” Tanihara-san asked us. When we all nodded, he smiled. “Good! So let’s hear each one individually, then we’ll decide which part will go to each person. Let’s start with Harada-san.”

Kotone stood up and she was told to start singing the first chorus. She did, and she did a great job. Sora and Aiko did a really good job too. Nuria was really nervous, and you could tell. When it was my turn, I just relaxed and sang like I had practiced. After we were done, Tanihara-san looked at us. “Do you have a main singer?” he asked.

We all shook our heads.

He pointed at me. “If anyone was going to be the main singer, it would be you. You have a really strong voice, the strongest one here, despite Japanese not being your first language.”

“Wow,” Kotone whispered to me. “So you’re like both Aiba and Ohno. The only thing you can’t do is dance.”

“Shh,” I told her as Tanihara-san began getting us set up to start singing.

The director handed us some lyrics sheets. “The highlighted parts are the parts of the songs you each are going to sing. Some are in pairs, but keep a lookout for your part. If you start late then we have to start all over again. You can go in the booth now. We’ll be singing two songs: Negai and Morning Light.”

We all walked in and picked a microphone from the five already set up. I was really nervous by this point as I looked over my lyrics. From the original song, I was given all of Ohno’s parts. There were also some lyric changes I saw. All the boku’s were now watashi’s. “This is going to be weird,” I told everyone. “I’m so used to the original version.”

“No kidding,” Aiko answered putting on her headphones. Everyone soon followed her example and stood in front of the microphone nervously looking at our lyrics.

“When this red light goes on,” Tanihara-san said pointing at a red light in front of us. “This means we’re recording. No one talks when the light is on, okay? If you have a problem, wave your arms and I’ll stop the music. If you mess up, we’ll restart. Wakarimaa?”

Everyone nodded. “Hai!”

I made sure the headphones were over my ears, and I heard the music start. It was Negai first. It made my stomach turn. I took a careful deep breath, then sang clearly into the microphone.

“Kuchibiru ni ochita kotoba wo Nuguou to nobaa kono te wa
Yukiba nai omoi wo shizuka ni tsutsunde iku.”

“Yume wa itsuka nakusu mono da to Itta no wa dare,” Aiko and Kotone sang.

“Boku wa—“ Sora and Nuria began before they stopped.

Crap,” Nuria exclaimed.

“Don’t worry about it,” Kotone told her as the music stopped. “It’ll happen to us all sooner or later.”

“Are you ready to restart?” Tanihara-san asked.

“Hai,” Aiko told him.

Kotone went over to Nuria. “Remember Hana Yori Dango? You know how Makino always said ‘atashi’ instead of ‘watashi’? Try saying ‘atashi’ if it’ll help.”

Nuria nodded. “Hai, arigatou.”

We started singing again, and this time Nuria got it right. She smiled brightly when she got it, and I was really proud of her. Then the chorus began, and when we changed ‘wataachi’ from ‘bokura’ we had to restart because we all had trouble changing the two. We took a minute to practice, and then we started again and started singing. When we finally made it through the whole song about an hour later, we were all pretty proud of ourselves. “Yatta!” Aiko exclaimed.

“Wow, that takes a lot out of you,” Kotone said.

“Omedetou,” a voice rang over the overhead. “You did great!”

Some of us gasped. “Sakurai-kun!” Kotone exclaimed. We all looked at the glass and were shocked to find not only Sho there, but Mady Troy with him. “Oh my gosh!”

“Mady-kun!” Sora exclaimed.

Mady laughed. “Come on out girls!”

“HAI~!” we all smiled as we took off our headphones and hurried back out. We all stopped when we walked in and saw Mady and Sho standing there smiling at us.

“Konnichiwa!” Mady said to us. “Mady Troy desu.”

Sho smiled. “Sakurai Sho desu.”

At the same time (it was incredible how we did it together at the same time) the five of us bowed and introduced ourselves, “Hanabi desu!”

Sho took notice. “Sugoii!” he said. “Did you practice that?”

“Only Nuria-chan!” Sora laughed.

Mady looked at us. “Excuse me, may I please meet all of you individually?”

“Harada Kotone desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!”

“Suzuki Aiko desu!”

“Nuria Barreto desu!”

“Park Sora desu!”

“Koharu Bonson desu. Yoroshiku!”

“Wow,” Mady said looking at us. “You girls are really talented. It’s great to see a girl group finally in Johnny’s. I’ve sorta been following up on you guys since your press conference. I think it’s great to see you all like this.”

“Arigatou,” Sora blushed.

Sho looked at us individually. “So, who here is the leader? Is there a leader?”

We all looked at each other. “There isn’t one,” I told him.

“Why should there be one?” Mady asked Sho. “I think the girls work fine on their own.”

Sho frowned. “I’m just suggesting it.”

Mady turned back to us. “When do you girls debut?” We didn’t know that either, so no one said anything. “Ah. Don’t worry! You’ll love debuting and working on stage. Once you get your own concert, you’ll be loving every minute of it.” She turned back to Sho. “Can you excuse us for a minute? We’re just going to have some ‘girl time’.”

Everybody lit up when they heard that. Sho left, and that left just Mady and us. “So,” Mady started. “There’s a rumor going around. They say that every single one of Hey Say Jump’s members are big fans of yours already. And Yamada-kun has a crush on one of you!”

“EH?!” Everyone cried out.

“Who is it?!” Kotone asked.

“Seriously?! One of us?!” Aiko asked.

Sora hid her blush.

Mady laughed. “Hai! But I’m not sure which one. I’m just saying that that’s what I’ve heard. I just want you to realize that having a relationship while having to work is hard, even within the company because everyone’s so busy with their other work and projects. If it happens for you then I’m happy for you, but you have to be careful not to get caught. You’re Johnny-sama’s very first female idol group, and the press are just waiting for a story.”

We all nodded, and it all began to sink in. This was real. The moment we walked out the door, eyes were on us. When this single was released, everyone’s attention would be on us to see if we mess up or not.

It just made me more nervous.

 

===================================================================================================================

 

TADA~!!! can you spot the crossover here?? ^.^

Mady's story can be found here: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/67582/17/gaijin-tarento-diary-arashi-ikutatoma-japanese-kattun-kurokimeisa-ogurishun-yamaatomohisa

written by none other than SandraHayes-chan~ 

I'll be in her story soon too!!

 

chapter 8 is up!! tell me if you like it, if you hate it, all that fun awesome stuff. if you have opinions, definately say them!!

http://aibasgirl2013.blogspot.com/ <-- that's where you can see the lyrics and the breakdown of who sings what

as well as the members :D