Happy Valentines' Day

Subarashiki Sekai

 

I smiled as I looked up in the mirror and saw that I was ready. My hair was done, my pretty blue shorts and t-shirt was perfect, and I had actually put my blue converse on the right feet. I felt excited and happy, the first time I had felt like this since Kohaku.

I was beginning to love PV shootings.

“Koharu-chan!” I heard Kotone outside yelling. “Are you ready yet?

I laughed and opened up the door to my dressing room. “You could’ve just come in,” I told her. “I was dressed.”

“Well the last time I did that, Sora yelled at me because she didn’t have her shirt on yet,” Kotone answered as we started walking to the set of our PV. “Besides, that was an accident.”

“I don’t doubt it,” I replied as we walked onto the black and white tile floor that belonged to our set. The floors were tiled, the walls were pretty pink and black with silver rhinestones, and group photos, both professional and personal, were plastered all over the wall. There were also lots of pictures of Hanabi with other Johnny’s members, like Arashi and Hey Say Jump and even Kat-tun and News. When taking the pictures, everyone wanted a picture of me and Chinen together, so we had lots of those taken. I loved the concept, even though the song was strictly a love song.

We found the other three Hanabi members practicing their choreography before shooting. I had made the choreography with Kotone, and we were suddenly so pumped up that we could hardly hold in our excitement.

“Just think,” I said. “This could be our hit single.”

“I’m already nervous, Koharu-chan,” Sora said. “Don’t make me more so.”

“You’re always nervous for stuff like this,” Nuria teased.

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

“Guys!” Aiko laughed. “We’re going to work soon! Try to focus.”

“Why?” I asked. “We look more natural when we’re not focusing as much.”

“Then we make mistakes,” Aiko said looking at me.

I shrugged. “We look real.”

Our director called out. “Hanabi-san! Get ready! We’re going to start filming soon!”

We all quickly got into our positions, going over some steps before we were filmed and the music started. When we heard our music, we all immediately started dancing. For me, the best part about our dancing was that we were all having fun, and we all had a part in what we did. We were finally a team.

And we sang:

“I’ve liked you for ages. Oh, I wanna tell you about my feelings right now. But I don’t wanna get hurt, I don’t want you to hate me. But I don’t want you to be taken by someone else either. Maybe I’ll pluck up the courage and text you tomorrow.”

--

“You know,” Kotone said as we walked home that evening after school. “Today’s Valentines’ Day. Doing anything special?”

“Not really,” I answered. “Brian will probably get me something like a teddy bear or something. Other than that, I’ll just spend it doing homework.”

Kotone stopped as we reached the point where we would separate. “You could confess to Chinen,” she said. “Today’s the perfect day.”

I frowned. “Maybe,” I said. “See you tomorrow.”

“Jya ne~”

As I walked home, I did actually stop and buy a small pink box of chocolates. I decided that if I did confess, then they would be for Chinen, and if I didn’t then I would eat them and drown my cowardice.

What I didn’t expect was to almost run into Chinen as I walked home. When I saw him, I was shocked and quickly hid my box behind my back. He didn’t see me though, so I thought I could approach him.

Then I saw a girl from school approach him. Ichimiya Yumi, I remembered. Then I watch as she bowed her head and handed him a box of chocolates, and I felt my heart drop as Chinen accepted them.

I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. I took out my box of chocolates and stared at it, tears starting to fill my eyes. I didn’t really think he would accept mine, but it hurt nonetheless. It wasn’t meant to be, I concluded. And I would have to go to work tomorrow and face him and come to the conclusion that he was just a friend. I always knew that.

--

“Amanda, you have someone here to see you.”

“I’m busy,” I groaned as I munched on my box of chocolates.

Mom came into the living room. “He’s outside of your window. Go upstairs and see him, Amanda.”

I looked at my mom, then shrugged and went upstairs to my room, opening my window. I was shocked to see Chinen outside in our yard smiling as I poked my head out of the window. “Chinen!” I called. “What are you doing here?”

“It’s Valentine’s Day,” Chinen answered. “I heard in America, the boy can confess as well as the girl, so I thought I’d be bold.”

“Weren’t you already confessed to today?” I asked as I felt my tears coming back.

Chinen nodded. “I did, but I didn’t get the confession that I wanted.”

“Eh?” I asked. “What do you mean?”

Chinen got into his schoolbag and pulled out a small blue and pink wrapped chocolate box. “Koharu-chan, will you be my valentine?”

I stared at him shocked. “I really like you,” Chinen continued. “And I hope that I can get you to be mine and finally start calling me Yuri. No one calls me that, and I hope that you can.”

I felt my face getting hot, and I ducked my head to hide my smile. Finally I looked up at him. “You’re going to get sick standing out there in the cold snow,” I smiled. “If you come up to the front, then maybe my mom will make you something warm.”

Chinen smiled wider and nodded before running to the front of the house. I beat him there, and right before he came inside, I was pulled into his arms and given a small sweet kiss.

 

==================================================================================================

 

Happy Valentines' Day!!!!!!!! Anyway, I thought I would share this (FINALLY A CONFESSION), and I had to make it special ^.^

 

'Go For It!' Song lyrics and outfits will be on aibasgirl2013.blogspot.com soon, so be patient.

 

Comments are love!!!!! I hope you guys had a great day today (and yesterday if you're overseas), and I hope you guys like this.

 

 

Song of Inspiration.