Group auditions

Subarashiki Sekai

The next day when we walked into J-Storm, we saw that the rumors were true. As soon as everybody was there, Ikeda-san came out and gave us the news. "We're going to be holding auditions for a new group for Johnny's. It's going to be all female. And auditions are today."

Everybody looked at each other. I looked at Kotone, Sora, and Nuria. This is it, I thought with a dropping heart. This is where they seperate us.

We all had twenty minutes to practice and warm up, plus additional time as we waited for our turn. We were going in order by age, so Jen was the first to go. When they called her name, everyone called after her. "Good luck Jen!" "Just relax!" "You'll be great!"

The audition lasted ten minutes. As soon as she was done, Jen ran through the door and collapsed with shaky knees. "What happened?" Someone asked as we all moved over in a circle around her. We all wanted to know what was so wrong that made her so upset.

Jen looked up at us. "The judges... they aren't just the judges we auditioned for before."

Someone translated what she said into Japanese, but I couldn't wait. "What do you mean?" I asked. 

She looked up at me. "There's at least one member from each Johnny's group there as a judge."

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed. 

"Nani?" Kotone asked me.

"The judges include one member from each Johnny's group."

Everyone freaked out.

"You mean one from KATTUN?!" Nuria asked.

"And Hey! Say! Jump!?" Sora asked.

"And Arashi and SMAP and Tokio?!" somebody else asked. 

Jen nodded at every question. "There's Yamada Ryosuke from Hey! Say! Jump!, Kazuya Kamenashi from KATTUN, and some from the other groups I don't know much about."

"Who's from Arashi?" Kotone asked. 

Jen thought for a minute. "Sakurai Sho-san."

"OH MY GOSH!" Sora exclaimed. "Oh no, no no not Sho! Why not Ohno?! Or Nino?!"

"Are you trying to make us freak out?!" I exclaimed. "We just need to calm down, relax, and pray to God that we don't screw up."

The first one to audition in our group was Sora, and she left completely freaked out. Me, Kotone, and Nuria sat by the door waiting for her. "Do you think we'll be good?" Nuria asked sitting next to me.

I shrugged. "I hope so. Either way, I think one of us will be in the group."

When the girls born in 1992 and 1993 were done, then it went to 1994. And I was first. Every girl before me had had fits of nervous breakdowns, including Sora, who just collapsed when she came back. "I saw Yamada-kun," she said. "He's so much prettier in person. It's unfair."

As I walked down the hallway towards the audition room, I concentrated on taking deep breaths and trying to think of what to sing. When I walked in, I focused on looking down until I was in the middle of the room and everyone could see me. Then, I forced myself to look up. The moment I saw Sakurai Sho sitting next to Ikeda-san, I had to force my knees to keep me standing.

I saw Sakurai Sho, Yamada Ryosuke, Kamenishi Kazuya, Kusanagi Tsuyoshi from SMAP, Ikuta Toma, and Nishikido Ryo from who I could recognize. Some I couldn't remember or didn't know who they were. Don't show them you're nervous, I thought, and I put my shaky hands behind my back.

"Please say your profile," Ikeda-san told me.

I nodded. "My name is Amanda Bonson, I was born on June 27th, 1994, I was born in Los Angeles, California, and I'm type O blood type. Yorushiku onegaishimasu!" I bowed respectively and slowly raised myself up again.

"What are you going to sing?" Sakurai Sho asked. 

I said the first thing that came to mind. "Shizuka na Yoru ni by Ohno Satoshi." 

Great, I thought. Now he's gonna know you're an Ohno Satoshi fan. Great first impressions. You should've picked an Arashi song.

When the music started, I couldn't change, so I cleared my throat and stared blankly in front of me. It was the only way to keep my calm and not look at everybody in front of me. I sang the entire song smoothly and near perfect, and I was so thankful when I was done.

"Can you dance?" Yamada Ryosuke asked. 

I shook my head. "Not really. I'm not as good as some of you are, but I'm sure with practice I'll be pretty good."

"Who in the group of girls are you most friends with?" Ikeda-san asked.

"I'm friends with Harada Kotone, Park Sora, and Nuria Barreto," I answered. "We've all become really good friends."

"Would you like to be in a group with these girls?"

"Yes sir, I would. But in the end, it's ultimately your decision and I won't try to sway your decision."

Sakurai Sho sat up. "You have a very good singing voice, and I think that Ohno-san would be honored if he was here to hear you sing his solo."

My ears burned up. "Arigatou gozaimasu."

When I got back, I hadn't realized how much I had been shaking. I was surprised my legs didn't give out! "I'm okay," I told my friends. "I just need to sit down."

--

After the auditions were over, Ikeda-san came back in. "Everyone, you all did a wonderful job in your auditions today. Amanda Bonson, Suzuki Aiko, Nura Barreto, Park Sora, and Harada Kotone, please come with me."

My heart jumped when I heard my name. I stood up with my friends, and we followed Ikeda-san down the long hallway back to the audition room. They would never pick a gaijin, I kept thinking. Why would they? I'm useless to them. Gaijin's don't work, and four out of the five people in this group aren't born Japanese. We're being eliminated.

We all stood in a line in front of all the judges and just stood there silently for a minute. "Everyone, you did amazingly well," Ikeda-san told us. "Congratulations, you made the group."

Everyone stood there in shock for a minute. Sora was the one who actually broke down and fell to her knees. "You're joking."

Then it sunk in. "OH MY GOD!" Nuria exclaimed jumping up and down as Aiko began to cry. Me and Kotone stood in shock before we looked at each other and screamed. We threw our arms around each other. We pulled Sora and Nuria and Aiko in with us and stood there together. No one could believe it.

An older man stood up then and looked at us. We got quiet. "Today, you are Hanabi, Fireworks," he announced. "We believe that you can do great things, and we trust that you won't let this company down."

"That's Johnny-sama," Kotone whispered to everyone as realization caught on. The five of us bowed low to him.

And I couldn't believe it. 

We went through all of that.... and we made it into the group. We were Hanabi. We were a group in Johnny's. We were officially idols.

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

EVERYONE!!!!!!! congrats on those who made it into the group!!!!! ^^

now, those who made it in, please send me a picture of your character that you would want to use in a poster.

chapter five is up!!!! tell me what you think! if you like it, if you hate it, all that fun stuff....

and if you're ever bored, check out my other fanfics!!! they love to be read too ^^