Thank you, this Wonderful World

Subarashiki Sekai

 

The  summer night air barely hit the fans as they cried and applauded, calling out names and words of encouragement. They all stood in the stadium waving their penlights and uchiwas excitedly, cheering on the five girls on stage.

Like Arashi had said, Hanabi got to share their summer tour with them so that they had the taste of what a tour and concert was really like. So far, we felt like they were on top of the world as they got to sing and dance for the fans who now waved Hanabi uchiwas as well as Arashi ones. It was weird to see your face on an uchiwa, but when you got to see the fan behind the uchiwa and see how happy they were to see you, it made that awkwardness disappear.

“Iya,” Kotone said into the microphone after one of our last songs. “I guess this part of our concert is almost over for us.”

“I guess so,” Aiko said.

“But wait!” Nuria exclaimed. “We have one more song to sing! Ne, Sora-chan?”

Sora looked over at her. “We do?” she smirked playing along.

“Ah, we do!” I said facing the thousands of fangirls. “Minna-san, we have one more song.”

“Hai!” Kotone said, taking the role of official spokesperson. “As you all might know, Hanabi just recently celebrated it’s one year anniversary. We have since gotten a lot of support from fans from all over the world, and we hope that you’ll continue to support us from here on. As a thank you, we borrowed one of Arashi’s songs. Please listen.”

The five of us all got into one straight line as the music began to play. Once the first few notes were heard, everyone burst into screams of excitement. We all smiled as we began singing.

“This is a little song, a tiny song, this hand is now raising higher and higher. The soft voice of someone who believes in their friends echoes further and further.”

Sora began. “In this sky that dyes the color of my sigh, I was searching for something. Even though I thought the future is worrisome and I wouldn’t be able to chase the shadows that stretch from this place.”

Nuria continued. “At the end of countless number of nights, ‘now’ is here. My tears are because of the blessing that you will still be yourself tomorrow.”

“Riding the last train, I’ll run through those gloomy stations. It’s just a little bit further to your street,” the five of us sang. “We cried and laughed, but still dreamed of tomorrow. Thank you, this wonderful world. Hello, hello, my new world. Hello, hello, sing a little song.”

Kotone started up again. “Why is it that we question the happy days that we’ve walked through to get here? Believing that dreams were on the other side of the morning sun, we passed through many pale days.”

My turn. “The days when you are by my side. Closing off the days when I grew tired of waiting for that time, having the blessing of tomorrow.”

“Riding a crowded train, I’d lost those precious feelings. But I should still be able to make it if I go right now. We cried and laughed, but still dreamed of tomorrow. From now on, it’s a wonderful world.”

Aiko smiled nervously as she began the rap she worked so hard to perfect. “The light of the city draws silhouettes, shining on a pathless road. If I’m with you, the sun should come out again on this grey sky. I wanna say something to all my homies I’m still in the middle of my journey. Everything is gonna be all right. Gathering colors, we’ll paint the ‘near future’.” When she was done, everyone applauded and we couldn’t help but smile.

“Riding the last train, I’ll run through those gloomy stations.”

“Just a little bit further to your street.”

“We cried and laughed, but still dreamed of tomorrow.”

“Thank you, this wonderful world.”

“Riding a crowded train, I’d lost those precious feelings. But I should still be able to make it if I go right now. We  cried and laughed, but still dreamed of tomorrow. From now on it’s a wonderful world.”

When the song ended, we could see some of the fans crying and excited for us. I looked over at the other Hanabi members and saw that they were crying with me. Then, finally, we took each other’s hands, raised them up, then bowed lowly for our final thank you of the night.

 

--

 

I wonder where we’ll go from here?
If we follow the light, we’ll be shown the way to tomorrow.

There’s nothing I’m afraid of now
Not letting the dream I saw with you disappear, I hold in my heart.

Even somewhere very far away, I feel it inside, deep inside   Going anywhere with you

Let’s go, fly away   Our dreams are faraway   But someday we’ll reach them
If I’m with you, we can overcome anything   We can go
Run through the night   Reach to the sky
We’ll carve out never-ending memories   My heart is waiting for you

If we can reconnect the countless feelings that had been scattered
It’d show us the way to a very large love

At the very least, don’t lose hope
Make sure of the quietly burning passion in your heart

Hoping we’ll be attracted to each other   Call my name, hold my hand   I’ll be by your side

We’re alive here   Realize the present   We don’t know what’s right
I believe the answer that we’ll obtain someday
Night and day go around and around   Let’s go forward, miles away
Let’s paint an endless light together   My heart is waiting for you

Do you remember back then?   In those days that we ran through
There’s definitely something that won’t ever change here

Let’s go, fly away   Our dreams are faraway   But someday we’ll reach them
If I’m with you, we can overcome anything   We can go
Run through the night   Reach to the sky
We’ll carve out never-ending memories   My heart is waiting for you

Let’s make a promise   My heart is waiting for you….

 

===============================================================================

 

The last chapter of this story.... wow can you believe it? Now that it's actually ending I'm actually really sad. But proud of myself for finishing it.. -wipes away tear-

Anyway, here is the final chapter of 'Subarashiki Sekai'! Now, this isn't the end of Hanabi. I'm writing a continuation where they face a new challenge: KPOP!

 

'Paper Planes'

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/435888/paper-planes-apply-cnblue-ftisland-kpop-shinee-superjunior-girlsgeneration

 

I hope you'll subscribe and hopefully apply! And tell your kpop friends please!!

 

credits to yarukizero.livejournal for the lyric translations above. Does it look like I can speak and translate Japanese? xD

 

thank you so much everyone!!!