The Ears and Eyes pt. 1

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Still, a lot of errors but I hope you guys enjoy. ;-; A few quotes in this story are lyrics from TWICE's new songs, ex: "YES OR YES" and "SAY YOU LOVE ME".

 

"She's so cute! You don't understand!!" Sana gushes as she retells her night with Tzuyu at dinner.

"Chaeng is cute too." Mina shrugs and stuffs a chopstick full of rice in . 

Sana stands up and points her chopsticks at Mina.

"YAH I just remembered! Stop corrupting my baby before I corrupt you!" 

Mina raised her eyebrows and mumbled.

"Teach your 'baby' not to look. Not my fault if she sees something she shouldn't."

Sana crosses her arms and looks over at Momo with a concerned face. Momo hasn't talked at home for a while now, she's been eating specks off of her food. Highly unusually ominous. 

"Momo-ah, are you okay?" 

Momo looked up and stared straight ahead. She let out a big sigh and shook her head.

"My dad arranged for me to go on another trip with someone he arranged. Apparently it's a 'surprise'. I don't understand why he thinks males are surprises. They all treat women the same." She scoffed.

Mina sighed. 

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. Did you ever see her again?"

"How about the girl with the dyed hair?"

Momo looked down. 

"Don't be sorry, it's my fault I didn't have the guts to ask her or look at her face. And I'll try to see if she's at the cafe tonight, there's a performance. I'm hoping that they're the same person." 

Sana took the two chopsticks out of . "And what about the arranged date?"

Momo rubbed her temples in annoyance because of her dad. 

"I don't know!"

Sana winked at Mina and they knew that the plan had already started.

Around eight months ago:

Momo was on her way out a special practice room designed by her parents in a special portion of the school. Her parents own a mediocre yet popular company that also has a dance studio. If she wanted to qualify as a teacher early, she'd have to work harder for it. Slinging the towel over her shoulder, she pressed her water bottle to one side of her sweaty face. 

As she was walking down the hallway towards towards the stairs, she notices a bright yellow paper and she hears a classical piece being played on the piano. Curiosity got the best of her and she decided to look in and ended up being surprised. There was a pretty pale girl with brown hair playing the piano skillfully, side facing hers. It wasn't that, that made Momo shocked, it was the fact that she was crying. 

Shamelessly, Momo placed her water bottle down and ripped a piece of a yellow flier taped to the door. 

'Get your free matchmaking wishes now!'

"Oh well." She whispered.

She looked around for a pencil and saw one on the ground next to her and bent down to get it. 

At this moment, Dahyun looked at the door to see if anyone was watching and wiped her tears away. It was only a few seconds later that she saw a glimpse of dirty blonde hair fly across the window and a thud outside. 

Dahyun was about to get up to go check outside, she had the door locked so it didn't bother her that much. Suddenly, a shaky hand popped up and signaled "Wait!". She looked at it confusingly until she saw the hand drop and then come back up to point downwards towards the door. She looked at the bottom of the door to see a piece of paper and she walked over to read it. 

Momo, on the outside of the door was biting down on her towel, breathing heavily until it hitched when she heard the walk closer. She almost got caught 'stalking'.

Dahyun leaned down and read the note, "Everything's going to be okay! You're amazing at playing the piano, no need to cry." She chuckled, slightly embarrassed that someone saw her though, and pulled out a pen from her shirt pocket. She slid the note back under the door after she was finished drawing. Out of all of her suitors, this girl was the most interesting.

Momo jumped at the sound of knocking on glass. The girl inside the room knocked on it and waved on the other side of the glass. She released the breath she was holding in the whole time and picked up the note. It was a drawing of a smiling tofu with a heart next to it. Momo can understand why she smiled but it couldn't explain why her heart started pounding unlike before. She ends up placing the drawing inside her phone case.

Every day Momo listens for the music down the hall. She finally notices that the girl comes twice every week. Once on Mondays and once on Fridays. Momo always stopped by and ripped a piece of the same paper to talk to the girl. She doesn't know her but they have this weird connection. Dahyun felt it too, she felt wrong for falling for someone other than her soulmate. 

Two months passed by and they're sure they have feelings for each other. 

Recently, the girl has been giving Dahyun hints and nudges using song lyrics, teasing the younger girl. 

"I won't wait a long time, you're the same, obviously. Hurry and let it go~"

"'In my heart, there's no one except you', I want to hear those words, tell me without stammering~"\

Dahyun smiled and chuckled at these but she couldn't help but feel saddened.

Dahyun hasn't confessed because she's ashamed of herself. She wants to confess to the girl but she didn't dare tell her friends about what's been happening. Today, she plays a sad piece. After she's done, she hears a knock on the door, signaling her about the note. 

"Tell me honestly, say you love me."

Today was the last day she'll see Momo as she passed the dancing teacher requirement and has to go to the actual studio. 

Dahyun stood there for a while, reading the note over and over, comtemplating whether she should or not.

Momo stood up and decided to actually speak to Dahyun for the first time. She leaned on the wall next to the door. 

"We don't have much time now, you don't even notice. It's so frustrating." Momo let a tear run down her cheek as her voice cracked. It was Momo's fault for not telling the girl beforehand.

"How long will you keep me waiting? Will you just keep me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter