The Painting pt.2

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yet another unedited chapter. I had a lot of fun writing these chapters so far. Don't forget to comment. :)

They smiled at each other. 

"Wait, how do you know my name, miss...."

"Mina. Myoui Mina." 

"Okay, well how do you know my name Mina." Chaeyoung teasingly asked without using honorifics. She stared straight into Mina's eyes. 

Mina loved how her name came out of Chaeyoung's mouth but she wasn't going to lose this battle.

"No honorifics to someone older than you, tiger?"

"I mean, why should I use honorifics with someone who's always going to be with me in the future?" She smaller girl smirked,"I can also be a lion if I wanted to." Chaeyoung winked, causing Mina to blush. 

Mina slowly got up from the sink and straightened her back. Testing the girl, Mina turned away and reached for the paper towels without answering her. Before she could do anything, a hand was placed on her waist and a body was pressed against her back. She gasped.

A ripping noise came from the paper and  it was pressed onto her chin where the water was. The hand guided her head towards the mirror and she could see Chaeyoung resting her head on Mina's shoulder with that look in her eyes again. Their bodies were pressed together and the thoughts in their heads went wild.

Chaeyoung was short but not that short. She tilted her head and spoke directly into Mina's ear.

"Are you going to make me wait another eight years to get an answer?" Chaeyoung smirked and patted the rest of Mina's wet face with the paper before throwing it away.

Well.. maybe she'll lose this battle. Mina was a blushing mess by the time Chaeyoung was finished drying her face. 

"Yah! Stop teasing me, I had my reasons." Mina started whining. 

"Not until you answer me, darling." Chaeyoung continued to whisper in her ear and it made the whining stop.

Mina turned around, expecting to be able to flick the smaller girl in the forehead for teasing but instead, Chaeyoung acted quicker and trapped Mina against the counter. 

"Hey! Back away." She covered her face with her hands when Chaeyoung got closer. 

Not being able to take the teasing anymore she confessed, "Okay, okay, your name tag was on your work uniform at that store!" 

Silence. 

Mina peaked from behind her hand and saw Chaeyoung five feet away from her trying to hold in a laugh. She was embarrassed but still found Chaeyoung adorable when she finally broke and started laughing her heart out. Mina loved that sound. 

"W-why are you laughing?"

Chaeyoung finally stopped her laughing fit, she was clutching her stomach and her eyes were watery. She stared at Mina in the eye again. 

"You are so cute when you're flustered." Mina blushed and Chaeyoung calmed down before speaking again,"Did you know that I don't give up until I win Mina-ssi?"

Mina was done being teased and when she found out that was all an act, she decided to retort back. 

"Well then tiger, I thought you weren't going to use honorifics with someone who's going to be with you in the future."

She walked closer and surprised Chaeyoung when she took the younger's chin and held it up close to her face. 

Chaeyoung wasn't a fool, she tiptoed and kissed Mina on the lips making the older let go of Chaeyoung. She wasn't going to let her soulmate pull away so she cupped both sides of Mina's face and pulled her closer. Mina was surprised but warmed up to the kiss and placed her hands on Chaeyoung's waist. Although it was slow and soft, the kiss was perfect.

The only thing that could have explained the feeling would be butterflies. Chaeyoung was going to make sure to paint the feeling sometime soon and show it to her lover. 

They pulled away and blushed. 

Coughing and smiling, Chaeyoung held out her hand for a handshake. 

"Chaeyoung, Yoo Chaeyoung. 23. Visual arts major at the same university you go to."

Mina smiled and grabbed her soulmate's hand.

"Mina, Myoui Mina. 24. Ballet major. I'm from Japan."

Chaeyoung lifted Mina's hand and kissed her knuckles, causing the girl to blush even more. 

"Were you always this romantic?" Mina covered her face with her free hand.

"No, not really until I met you and started preparing during these eight years." Chaeyoung intertwined their hands and dragged her out of the restroom and down the stairs.

"I can't believe I had my first kiss in a restroom after I threw up from drinking too much." 

"I can't believe it either but it was worth it because it was you~" Chaeyoung turned around and winked at her.

They took slow steps down the cafe stairs when Mina pulled Chaeyoung back, causing the girl to look at her curiously.

"Chaengie, I don't want to go back to the event."

"Who said you were?" Chaeyoung smiled because of the nickname.

"Wait what?" 

"Let's go on a date Mina. The night is still young and we need to get started making up the time we lost." Chaeyoung was right, it was only eleven when her two friends bailed and went home. Tsk, goody two-shoes. 

They stared at each other a while and Chaeyoung had a stupid smile on her face. They were obviously stupidly in love already.

"Okay, but I have to text my friends first." Mina leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Chaeyoung stood there like she was forgetting something. Mina was confused and almost asked something but Chaeyoung answered the question for her.

"Ah! I almost forgot about the Yoda and the eagle."

Mina giggled at her lover, showing her gummy smile. Chaeyoung found it to be the cutest thing ever.

"Aish, you're so adorable." 

"Pssh, you are too, no wonder that strawberry perfume didn't match up with how you acted earlier." 

Chaeyoung blushed as she recalled what she did but she regained her composure. If she wanted to, she could be as mature as her older sister. 

"You should see how I act with a few rounds of booze if you thought that was too much." Chaeyoung winked at the older girl, making them both blush a bit at the bold statement. 

They stopped on the stairs for a bit, Mina was a step higher. They pulled out their phones and started texting their friends. 

Text message from Chaeyoung:

"I'll be home late, I found her :)" 

Text message from Tzuyu:

"Go get her cub, Dahyun's asleep."

Chaeyoung smiled and put her phone away, noticing Mina was still typing a message, she jumped up and pecked her on the cheek. They smiled cheekily. 

Text message from Mina:

"I'll leave first, don't drink a lot and be loyal to your soulmate you hoes. Chaeyoung is with me."

Mina put her phone away and this time, she led them down the stairs and out the back door to prevent any commotion. Chaeyoung was chuckling at how dorky Mina was. Her walk wasn't normal but it wasn't bad either. She waddled like a penguin.

They were now walking side by side, a block away from the cafe when Chaeyoung suggested for Mina to get some food. Grabbing her hand, Chaeyoung pulled Mina to a familiar tteokbokki stand.

"Hey auntie! Can I have one serving?"

"Of course Chaeyoung-ah. Who is this, is she your girlfriend?" The lady winked at them.

Mina blushed hardly and was going to deny it but she was cut off. 

"Yes she is. Isn't she adorable?" Chaeyoung lifted their intertwined hands for the lady to see.

"Aww, our Chaeyoung has grown up. Indeed she is, I think you two are the cutest couple I've seen today." The lady handed over a serving of rice cakes and a bottle of water.

"The water is on the stand. Have fun tonight you too. Be sure to visit soon!"

Chaeyoung smiled at the lady and gave her money. She then waved and walked away with Mina.

"What was that for you idiot?" Mina mumbled under her breath.

"Hmm? Did I say something wrong? Technically you are going to be spending the rest of your love life with me aren't you?" Chaeyoung teased the girl as she poked a rice cake and held it out for Mina to bite.

"Why wouldn't I... I wouldn't leave you again." She quickly took the rice cake and started eating it, turning her head away as she pouted.

Chewing the food slowly, Mina's face lit up at the taste, "Its good by the way." 

"Of course it is, your Chaengie knows best." Chaeyoung was having fun mocking her 'girlfriend' as she led her to the nearest park. 

"Y-yah!"

They arrived at the park safely, it was beautiful outside and the fountain was running again. No one was here at this hour and luckily the weather has been warming up. They decided to sit on a bench under the archway with lights spiraling around it. The view was amazing.

"Say ahh~" Chaeyoung insisted on feeding Mina and the older obliged.

"Ahh~" The older ate quickly so that she could get this over with. 

Mina ate quietly for the next few minutes until she snatched the tteokbokki cup and held the last rice cake up for Chaeyoung.

Blushing at the sight Chaeyoung asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm being cute, so open up Chae~" Mina fed the last one to Chaeyoung before throwing the cup away at the nearest trashcan.

Mina came back to the bench and asked for the water earlier.

Chaeyoung smacked her own head while giving Mina the water bottle and pretended to be in agony. "I forgot my water bottle in the restroom earlier. Ugh, now I'll be wasting water and Tzuyu will kill me for ruining the Earth." 

Mina chuckled and patted the girl's head before suggesting that they share water bottles. Chaeyoung eagerly agreed.

 "So Minari, why did you leave?" Mina smiled at the nickname and snuggled against Chaeyoung. A little bit worried about the confession but she'll cherish this moment.

"Ah, I was on a school trip during that time and a friend of mine had a stomach ache and needed medicine. I came into the store searching for it. The flight was in an hour too and I had to leave quickly. I was happy to find you, trust me I was. I made a promise to myself that I'd come back and my parents agreed as long as I finished high school and a bit of college. It took longer than expected, I'm really sorry." 

Mina turned her head to meet Chaeyoung but found herself already being kissed. She tilted her head and leaned in closer before Chaeyoung pulled away, leaving the older girl breathless. She placed their foreheads together.

"Don't worry about it, as long as you had the intention of coming back to me, I'll forgive you." She pecked Mina's lips one more time before pulling back. Chaeyoung rested her head on the older girl's shoulder.

Mina looked down and intertwined their hands, making them both grin. 

"To be honest, you were super cute when you were dozing off and finally noticed me when I tapped on your shoulder. Small Chaengie was stuttering too~"

"Hey stop it! My sister forced me to stay up talking to her about her crush the night before."

The two ended up staying for another hour talking and walking around the park. Chaeyoung learned that Mina first met Sana and Momo on a plane while she was coming to Korea. They immediately clicked and decided to stick together while they were in Korea. Mina learned about Chaeyoung's sister and her bestfriend. They laughed at the pranks until Mina scolded her about being careful and not going too far. Chaeyoung shared stories about the adventures of "The School Meal Club" in their last year of high school and college.

Out of all of the characters in Chaeyoung's story, Mina seemed to like Pimbleton the most because of his elegance of being a butler. This of course, caused Chaeyoung to have a jealous moment. 

"Chaeyoungiee~ You'll always be my favorite." 

"Hmph, say that to Pimbleton." 

"Don't be like that babe~" Chaeyoung's face blushed at the pet name but still pouted. 

Mina walked beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter