The Quarreling pt.2

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon could have sworn that her beating heart could be heard from miles away. She tried to pull away from Nayeon but she couldn't. What surprised her most was that Nayeon gripped even harder when she tried to pull away.

Her childhood crush, her soulmate, her everything was below her, staring at her and pulling her closer. Jeongyeon could have used the moment to herself. She felt her breathing hitch again as she was pulled closer. She felt like everything was spinning around her. 

Suddenly there was very little distance in between them. Jeongyeon could feel Nayeon's breath hit her face. She couldn't let this go on.

"L-let go please." She couldn't use this to her advantage, she knew how mindless Nayeon could be. 

Nayeon was disappointed but loosened her grip. She thought about how stupid she could be to do that. Would this affect their relationship with each other now? Her heart couldn't rest for a second. 

Jeongyeon immediately got up once she felt her grip lessen and scattered to the door. She grabbed her coat and put on her shoes again. 

Nayeon was scared. Did she really ruin their friendship and everything they've had for the past eighteen years? She didn't want that. She felt her heart drop when she sat up and saw Jeongyeon reaching for the doorknob.

"Where are you going?" Nayeon's voice was shaking and it was clear. They both heard it.

Jeongyeon stopped turning the doorknob when she heard Nayeon.

"I'm... I'm going out." As much as it hurts her to leave Nayeon like that, she believes it's for the best that she leaves before anything else happened. Her self control is plummeting with the pet names and the skin-ship. 

Jeongyeon opened the door and walked out without looking back. 

Nayeon just stood there with tears running down her face. She was hurt. She was scared. She was really scared. What if Jeongyeon left her because of that? 

The realization came to her. She wasn't scared that eighteen years would go to waste. She was scared because she loved Jeongyeon. She always considered that love as a family love but suddenly ever since her last break-up happened she started reeling away from the family thoughts. 

This made her cry harder as she crumpled on the ground, leaning against the back of her couch, facing the door. Waiting for her best friend to come back.

"We're so stupid." She pulled her legs closer to her chest and started sobbing harder. 

~

Jeongyeon had no clue where she was going. She was walking down the staircase of their apartment building, heading out to the cold city.

She regretted leaving the moment she closed the door. It would have been such a good time to confess and tell the truth but a part of her mind was scared. Scared because Nayeon showed a liking to guys, no, Jeongyeon was scared to be hurt. 

She remembered what her father told her.

"...don't judge people for who they like." 

"It's not like I could change who she likes." A tear slid down her cheek and she wiped it away quickly. She wanted to check on her sister but the moment she reached in her pocket, she realized she had left her phone at home. She did have a few dollars though. 

Deciding it was too cold to do anything else, she kept walking towards the closest cafe which happened to be close to a famous high school down the street. The weather was cold and she felt her tear stains becoming dry as she kept walking. There were a lot of people on the streets and Jeongyeon happened to daze off into space, not paying attention to her surroundings. 

"Hey did you hear about the J-Trinity? They're getting really popular and they're pret- Hey! Watch where you're going." A stranger bumped into Jeongyeon, causing her to come back to earth and apologize. 

"I am so sorry." She bowed and heard the girl scoff and leave with her friends. 

"Tsk, kids these days." 

She walked a bit further and made it to her destination. The door opened and Jeongyeon took a breath of relief when the warm air hit her face. She walked up to the counter and ordered the cheapest coffee on the menu. 

After getting her coffee, she took a seat at one of the tables next to the windows and made herself cozy. She was going to be there for a while. Not like the owners minded, it was a pretty large cafe. 

Jeongyeon took a sip of her warm coffee and sighed. It was warm unlike the air outside. It wasn't cloudy, it was sunny but the weather dropped significantly this morning. Talk about bipolar weather. 

She took in the sight around her, the sky was turning purple and it looked beautiful. If only she could spend this with Nayeon too. After finishing her warm coffee, she sat there and admired the sky for a while. She was calm until the sky became darker and eventually turned a dark shade of blue. 

She panicked. It had been more than two hours since she's been at the cafe and she left Nayeon home alone. What would Nayeon be assuming when she left like that? Securing her coat, Jeongyeon ran out of the cafe and back onto the streets. It was colder than earlier, she could see a puff of air in front of her when she breathed. 

She didn't even debate whether or not she should go back. She'll always come back to Nayeon. 

She ran for as long as she could, she didn't care if she ran into someone. That was how important Nayeon was to her. Not only did she run through the streets, she ran up three flights of stairs before reaching their apartment door. 

She opened the unlocked door and started to try and calm her ragged breathing. She felt a pang of guilt the moment she looked up. Nayeon was still in the same position Jeongyeon left her in hours ago. Closing the door to keep the house warm, Jeongyeon walked closer to the sleeping girl. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Jeongyeon's voice cracked as she leaned down and touched Nayeon's tear stained face.

Jeongyeon kneeled down and picked her up bridal style. Nayeon feeling warmth, wrapped her arms around Jeongyeon's neck and snuggled closer. Blushing at the movement, Jeongyeon carefully carried her into her room and tried to place Nayeon down onto the bed. 

Feeling she was about to be placed down by a familiar scent, Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows and pouted as if she was going to cry. This broke Jeongyeon's heart. 

"Don't leave again. Please." Nayeon pleaded, hugging Jeongyeon even more as if she was going to be thrown off a cliff. 

"Okay, lets go to sleep." Jeongyeon let out the sigh she was holding as she saw Nayeon's face become peaceful again. She gently placed the girl down on the bed, making sure that Nayeon knew she was still there.

Remembering that they had to get up early, she set an alarm on her phone and set it down on the table.  

Jeongyeon laid down next to Nayeon, her arm propping her head up as the other one was used to free the girl's forehead from hair. She pulled the covers up and made sure they were both warm.

Skipping a night of the routine wouldn't do any harm. Yes, Jeongyeon has researched it. 

~

The sunlight creeping out from behind their curtains woke Jeongyeon up and she realized she was having a hard time breathing. She started to mentally worry and panic, knowing that if she was too loud, Nayeon might wake up. Noticing her breath, she also noticed she was warmer than usual. Finally looking forward at her body, she noticed Nayeon was indeed on top of her. 

She madly blushed at this and attempted to wake the girl up.

"Psst. Nayeonnie, wake up please." Nayeon shifted a little bit and her face was was on Jeongyeon's neck. Jeongyeon could feel her breathe and it made her turn crimson red.

*beep*

"Nabongs. Please wake up." 

*beep* 

Nayeon groaned but didn't move because it was too comfortable.

*beep*

Okay, the alarm was annoying Jeongyeon. She sat up and reached over to press the 'stop' button, noticing that it was seven. Moving back, she noticed two things. 

One, Nayeon was still hugging her.

Two, she was straddling her waist. 

Jeongyeon panicked and tried to remove Nayeon from her. This only caused the latter to open her eyes and wake up. 

Apparently, there was nothing wrong with the position to Nayeon because she woke up with a smile seeing Jeongyeon. And Jeongyeon looked horrible in her panicked state. 

"Jeongyeon! You're back, I missed you stupid. I can't believe you left me by myself when you promised me you wouldn't leave! You're such a-" 

Jeongyeon pulled her into a tight hug and buried her face into Nayeon's neck. This made them both blush but they loved the hugs. 

"I wouldn't leave you alone forever, you're still special to me dummy." Jeongyeon's words were muffled but Nayeon could still understand her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter