1. Check Up

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Kim placed his hands onto the desk and stood up. 

"Do you think I made the right decision?" 

"Of course, Mr. Kim." The female standing next to the door with a clipboard turned to him and smiled. The old man was like her own father. 

"I'm glad to know. So who are these people who you think would be an amazing addition to the family?"

"Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon. Miss Dahyun knows them very well."

"Very well Jihyo. I'm deeply saddened that today is your last day as my assistant. I'm getting older by the day."

"Don't say that Mr. Kim. You still look young." The old man smiled at her. 

"Speaking of which, I've assigned you to your last task."

The girl stared at him, anticipating her last job.

"You are assigned to join them and continue to find your way back to your friends."

Jihyo's jaw dropped open.

 

Over the past ten years Jihyo has never heard such an absurd task. A week ago, Mr. Kim had asked Jihyo to resign on Monday (today) to focus on an upcoming task she was supposed to fulfill for herself and for Mr. Kim's sake. Besides running a cafe, being a matchmaker for her friends and Mr. Kim's 'children' had been one of the most absurd things he's made her do. So now with a white blouse, sunglasses on her face, her hair cut short, and a suitcase, Park Jihyo is sitting on a damn bus making her way to the most extreme thing Mr. Kim had ever made her do: live with the people who identified her as their old matchmaker. 

Sigh.

~

The movie marathon was still rolling. It's almost 3 PM and the girls have not moved from their position in their seats. Momo and Dahyun have yet to leave the room as well. 

Chaeyoung sat in between Mina's embrace and legs with a bowl of popcorn on her lap and Mina's arms around her. On the other couch Sana was sitting up with Tzuyu's head on her lap. 

Thirty minutes into the movie at 3:30 PM they heard the room door click. Dahyun finally realized that the lock was inside and not outside. 

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Jeongyeon rushed inside the house, causing Chaeyoung to throw the bowl of popcorn up, almost spilling everything if Mina had not caught it.  

"What the-"

Jeongyeon immediately snatched the bottle of air freshener from Nayeon who was behind her. She opened Momo's room door and threw it in and slammed the door shut. 

Nayeon closed the front door and walked towards the couch.

"Don't you dare open this door without spraying every inch of that room." Jeongyeon stood next to Momo's door. 

Tzuyu sat up and stammered, "H-how you'd guys get in?"

"Some idiot left the key inside of one of the outside sandals."

This caused both of the Japanese girls that were present to blush out of embarrassment. 

Chaeyoung patted Mina's thigh and cleared . 

"So what caused you and Jeongyeon unnie to come here?"

"We got a call from Mr. Kim saying that we'll be moving into the new extension-"

A loud bang could be heard inside of Momo's room before it opened. The smell of the typical air freshener clogged up the whole condo. 

"Momo baby, I just told you to spray not break the damn bottle-"

"Well how was I supposed to know-"

"Just shut up and go take a shower!" Jeongyeon was almost pissed.

"Yes ma'am!" 

Jeongyeon closed the bedroom door and groaned as the other girls were in a coughing fit. She quickly went to go open the sliding door that led to the balcony.

"As-" Nayeon coughed and was immediately scolded by Jeongyeon. 

"What kind of person talks while they're coughing?"

"Me!" 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung patted their girlfriends' backs since they have better lungs. 

"So why exactly did you come here?" Chaeyoung pointed at her sister.

"We got a call from Mr. Kim about living in the new extension and he didn't give us a choice to be 'two of the nine'. Apparently we're supposed to check up on you kids at least once every week and start full-on living there when it's finished." Jeongyeon slowly grabbed Nayeon's hand and squeezed it. Nayeon smiled slightly at her lover.  

Sana's eyes widened. 

"Wait, so if there's only eight of us here, who's the ninth?"

Everyone went quiet and only the sound of the showers were running. After a while, one of the doors opened to show only Dahyun in a towel. 

"Yah! Dahyun put on some clothes!" Chaeyoung yelled at her. Sana turned around out of interest as Dahyun ran into Momo's room. 

Sana barely saw a speck of white from Dahyun's towel before Tzuyu turned her towards her face. She had an embarrassed look on her face while staring into Tzuyu's eyes and giggled with her shoulders raised to her ears. Tzuyu saw Sana as the cutest thing ever and swooned over her laughing girlfriend, not paying attention to the commotion the two oldest were making. 

Momo had just got out of the shower as well and was walking towards her room to change with Dahyun.

"YOO NAYEON! Turn around before I beat your with Momo's 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter