The Quarreling pt.1

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This was an unedited chapter. Please don't mind the spelling or grammar mistakes, I will edit it soon. I hope you enjoy. :)

 

"What do you think they'll look like? Oh my gosh, what if he's hot? What if he's cute? Most importantly, what if he's both!?" Nayeon squealed, jumping on the other girl that was also on her bed and squeezing as hard as she could. 

"Nabongs, I don't think there's anyone that could be that good." A little jealousy, mostly disappointment, was hinted in her voice when she heard the pronoun that came out of her best friend's mouth. Not that Nayeon would notice, she's oblivious. Nonetheless she was still glad the other girl was embracing her. She wrapped her arms around Nayeon's waist even though she was having trouble breathing. 

"Jeongyeon." Nayeon slightly pulled away and stared at Jeongyeon's seasonal eye combination. Dark green and gray. She didn't really notice she was staring. Neither was it awkward because she saw Jeongyeon stared too.

"H-huh?" Jeongyeon replied and she pulled away from the other's eyes. It made her guilty, very guilty, because she's been hiding.

Nayeon's eye-colors were dark green and light blue. The color combination is so close to Jeongyeon's right? That's because those are the latter's eye colors. 

"I'm sure there's someone already that good." Nayeon smiled. Jeongyeon did too but it wasn't as cheerful because she thought it referring to someone else. 

It wasn't.

Nayeon snuggled closer into Jeongyeon's neck, making the latter's breath hitch for a second but she pulled Nayeon closer. They ended up cuddling in the bed, keeping each other warm during that time. After a while Nayeon fell asleep. 

Jeongyeon tried pulling away but that only made Nayeon pull her closer. 

"Don't leave me~~~" Her eyebrows furrowed while she whined.

"Of course I won't, I'll be back after I finish my paperwork." Jeongyeon smiled and used her fingers to release the tensed skin on Nayeon's forehead. 

"But-"

"I'll be back, I promise." She kissed Nayeon's forehead before quickly rushing out of the room to avoid making her look like a fool.

Sitting on the spacious couch in their living room, Jeongyeon started to recall everything that happened during her life. Paperwork? There was no paperwork. It was also made up in order to prevent her from getting caught. 

Twenty-five years ago, her parents were bursting with joy to have finally gotten a daughter (even if difficulties came with her). Around two years later, her younger sister Chaeyoung was born and Jeongyeon loved her so so much. Jeongyeon was only a baby when she was diagnosed with severe photophobia, extreme sensitivity with the sun. She would have to wear sunglasses every time she went outside or stayed inside to prevent herself from becoming blind. Rushing outside on one sunny morning, seven year-old Jeongyeon saw a moving truck pull into her neighbor's house. Standing on her porch, she saw another girl that looked her age get out of the truck. That girl noticed her and waved and smiled. Jeongyeon felt her cheeks warm up as she waved back. What confused her is the fact the girl had the same exact eye-colors as her when she checked this morning. 

Her parents were sitting at the table talking about what they should get the new neighbors as a welcome gift when she suddenly remembered her discovery.

"Mommy! The pretty girl that lives next to us has the same eye-colors as me!" 

Her parent's brown eyes both widened and stared at each other in shock before deciding to tell their daughters about the wonderful stories their own parents passed down.

"Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, listen to us closely okay? Before I mention anything else, your father and I want you two to know that we don't care who you fall in love with as long as it's not bad or hurting yourselves." Mrs. Yoo looked at her children warmly. 

"And if they hurt any of y'all I won't hesitate to bea-"

"YOO CHANGJOON!" 

"Sorry.." Mr. Yoo chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. It was a habit that Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung both caught.

"Anyways, the story that your grandparents told us started a long, long time ago. A human would have two different colors for their eyes every four seasons for the year to keep the cycle going. There is only two people that can have the same identical eye-colors every season. That other person is your soulmate." 

"Mommy what's a soulmate?" Chaeyoung looked at her parents curiously wondering why they both have regular eye-colors. 

"A soulmate is someone who connects with you on a very deep level. To me, it's two people that are meant to be. There are still many people that decide to disregard this and choose to not believe in soulmates but your father and I are firm believers. We are living proof of it working and others are just stubborn and complicated."

It's now Jeongyeon's turn to ask a question.

"Why do Mommy and Daddy have normal eye-colors then?"

Mrs. Yoo patted her daughters' heads and replied, 

"That's the amazing thing, the cycle ends when you and your soulmate meet face to face with the exact same eye-colors and it gets passed down to the next two people somewhere in the world." 

"Ohhh." The sisters looked at each other and smiled for being in sync.

"Honey, we are proud that you are able to find your person so quickly but the world isn't so nice sometimes. There are people that prefer guys over girls or do not like girls at all. We hope you understand and won't get hurt. Chaeyoung too, don't judge people for who they like. Love is love. Remember that." The couple looked at their children and smiled at how understanding they were. 

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon both gave a thumbs up showing they understood. 

With that, Jeongyeon wanted to wait until her eyes get better, in which they were getting better, and when Nayeon and her were old enough. She also swore to her parents and Nayeon's parents to always stick with the girl once she found out that Nayeon wasn't much older. The two best-friends' parents were also good friends as well. Nayeon's parents couldn't also care less as long as they were happy. 

The two spent their school years together, getting closer and closer to each other every year. Jeongyeon loved her and every second they spent together. It didn't stop, ever.

Soon enough they were teenagers. Jeongyeon still wore those sunglasses, gaining attention and teasing. Nayeon was always there to defend her and help. It didn't help lessen the girl's rushing heart beat every time she was protected. 

It wasn't always that sweet. Nayeon was popular at school and had a lot of suitors. As much as Jeongyeon wanted to claim her and reject them, she wanted Nayeon to be happy although Nayeon's parents also told her about the story too. It broke her that Nayeon went out with someone at all. But it tore her that all of them were males. And she was also the one to help with advice and dates.  

During the second year of high school when Jeongyeon was no longer sensitive to sunlight, she decided to hide herself in front of the person she wanted to show the most. All for Nayeon's happiness, she faked her fate by using fake colors.

It didn't help that Nayeon held Jeongyeon's hand when she went to go donate her precious hair to a charity. It didn't help that Nayeon complimented her and was clingy with her every single day. It didn't help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter