Just Eli

Take Me Away

            Eli watched as Kevin winced as the nurse hooked the IV to the port on Kevin’s chest as to commence the chemotherapy session. He stared up at the nurse with eyes as if he was pleading for mercy from the pain. Eli dragged his chair closer to Kevin as he Kevin’s cheek gently to soothe his pain. Kevin purred in response to the touch.

            “You’re quiet today.” Kevin whispered as he closes his eyes, enjoying the soothing touch of Eli hair now.

            “I’m always quiet.” Eli stated.

            “Talk to me, please. Tell me things. I miss hearing you talk because I’m asleep most of the time. Look what chemo had made me become.” Kevin pleaded.

            “But it’ll heal you,” Eli now held Kevin’s hand.

            “No, it would just delay the growth of the cancer cells that might kill me one day. I know what’s coming for me, Eli.”

            Eli cleared his throat and started to search is brain for things to talk about. Anything, just anything to avoid Kevin from saying the word ‘Death’ out loud. Eli began to reminiscence through the days they were students. The time where they first met in high school, how Kevin clung onto him like they were magnets of opposite poles. How Kevin was the only one in the entire school to break down the walls that Eli built to be away from the society. He told Kevin every single funny moments and jokes they shared. He recalled through times where Kevin would just flair up when Eli just wouldn’t talk to him. Everything.

            Kevin just lay down on the lazy boy recliner, listening to Eli’s voice that seems like a remedy to his battered soul. He smiled as he began to remember every single incident that Eli was reminiscing through. But it wasn’t the memories that appease him, it was just Eli’s voice ringing in his ears that made him feel secure, that made him feel stronger to overcome this and then it was Eli’s touch that warms up his inside. Just Eli. Kevin slowly slipped away from reality as the drugs started taking over him.

            Kevin walked down the empty space, everywhere was white there wasn’t a corner or a turn in sight and it’s just an empty white space that seems to be going on for miles and miles down. Kevin dragged his feet, looking around for a way out. Am I dead?

            Kevin felt different, he was no longer weak and in fact he felt healthy. His hand went straight to his chest to feel the port where they had surgically placed on it for his therapy, it’s gone. He stared at his hands that were bruised for whatever reason; the doctor said its sort of a symptom for leukaemia.  For a moment, he felt alive and not like the living corpse he is. Whatever this place it, Kevin loves it. It took all his pain and sufferings away.

            Kevin squint his eyes as he saw a shadow that suddenly appears right in front of him, he slowly approached the figure. The figure was mumbling something Kevin cannot decipher. As he got closer to the hooded shadow, he heard it hissing in disgust followed by a roar of laughter.

            Kevin was frightened by then as he began to slowly retreat but in vain as the hooded figure wearing a black robe turned and suddenly disappeared. Before Kevin could feel relief, he hooded figure appear right before him towering over Kevin’s small figure. The figure does not have a face as Kevin finds himself staring straight to a black shadow.

            “I’ve been waiting for you! Your Death awaits you. ” the hooded shadow bellowed.

            “Death?” Kevin questioned as he started backing away, but the towering figure pursued him on.

            He heard a snap of a finger as the entire place was now replaced with darkness and surrounded with flames that circle around the both of them.

            “No, no. this isn’t happening.” Kevin tried to calm himself down as he sprinted away from the figure but only to be stopped in his track as a really bright light shine through from the ground, Kevin squinted into the light as he saw his body still lying down in the lazy boy recliner but he was alone, Eli wasn’t next to him. Then the scene changes to see a flashback of him witnessing his own mother’s death. The hooded shadow erupts to fits of evil laughter echoing as he watched Kevin falling to his knees, reaching out to the scene.

_______________________________

A/N: sorry another late update! been scurrying around with job interviews! YAY! :D i now own a life. HAHA. i will try to update as much as i can, k? :D please dont abandon me. D: HAHA. i love you all! <3 im sorry if i havent been replying to comments! i will reply them either on yr wall or down at th comment section k? :D and all the old and new subcribers, MUCHLOVES. <3