Two souls, Reunite

Take Me Away

Kevin spent his entire afternoon pampering himself at home. The house that holds too much memories for Kevin, witnessing every living moment of Kevin Woo. The very house that had felt an incredible amount of emotions throughout the years. For now, the only memory of his mother that kept him sane is that of him growing up, how his mother would shower him endlessly with nothing but love.

At such a young age, Kevin’s father left both the mother and son after losing a painful battle with cancer, a battle he had been fighting for years until his body grew tired and finally let’s go of life. Since then, Kevin’s mother swore to herself to be both the father and mother to her only son as the son she was blessed with is the only prove that the man she loves once existed.

But promises were meant to be broken, as she sees a future with an ailing son grew bleak and she finds herself letting go of sanity, hope and faith. Who would have thought, a woman who have held on too strong for so long will finally crumble beneath the fact that her only son is dying, endless unpaid bills and a broken heart that has yet to heal since the day her significant other left. A heart could only hold on to so much but yet, every night she cried to sleep and could find no other way out except for one- DEATH.

Her own selfishness over her very own Kevin as she succumbed to harsh depression and finally embrace Death.

Night finally began to crawl in as Kevin sat on his bed by the window, tired of a full day of cleaning up the house after so long. He finally found the courage to put away his late mother’s things, keeping her favourite dress, a few diaries she wrote and a family album. The haunting silence made him realised how cold his soul had become, as the warmness he once felt from love was stashed away somewhere deep within him and how lonely he actually was.

Kevin shuts his mind to reminiscing anymore about his very own mother. Her selfishness of leaving Kevin no matter how Kevin try to hate her, he just can’t bring himself to generate hatred for the woman who have sacrifice so much for him to grow up without feeling father-less.

Slowly, one by one, he brought back memories he shared with Eli. Keeping the bad ones where they fight at the back of his head, he searched for reasons to smile within the many memories he shared with Eli. The fits of laughter that only Eli can be the reason for it, how just being next to that man make him all light and warm inside. Now that he thought about it his life revolves around only his mother and Eli, those two souls that brought him happiness that made him the cheerful boy he once was.

Everything is different now. Because he doesn’t want Eli hurt when he is left for another life, he has to keep being selfish and stubborn. Eli has to learn how to let go of him. But with the months or maybe weeks he has left, he badly wants to make memories filled with joy and love with his only best friend. Three weeks have come and go, too much time was wasted but Kevin remained with his decision, even though every day he misses Eli even more, he must not waver.

The silent night was too much for Kevin as his mind urges him to take a breath of fresh night air and he knew just the place to go- his peaceful sanctuary at the top of a hill nobody knows except Eli.

Kevin grabbed a cardigan and wore it over his white t-shirt, grabbing his keys and left the house dark and empty. Kevin took in a lungful of the night air that he misses so much. With the little time he had left in the face of Earth, he learnt to appreciate even the littlest things of nature. He had never felt better since the day he left the hospital until tonight. It’s just something in the air that made his heart raced as he slowly climbed up the short hill.

Kevin took a deep breath the moment his feet reached the top of the hill. Nothing has change. Kevin scanned around the surroundings, no matter how many times he have been here, no matter day or night, he will always be awed by the scenery that lay majestically in front of him. The tyre swing was still hanging from the only tree as the tall grasses and flowers swayed gracefully as the wind blew swiftly.

Kevin traced his fingers by the tall grasses and he closed his eyes and puts his head back towards the sky as he cuts through the field. The sound of crickets and occasionally a toad would call out for the rain comforts his soul.

Kevin slowly opened his eyes and looked straight ahead of him as he found the perfect spot to star-gaze the night away. With a light heart he took a stride forward, one step after another. Kevin’s steps gradually grew slower and quieter as he saw an intruder into his secret haven, lying down on the grass with his eyes closed. Cautiously and also curiously, Kevin crept his way forward towards the intruder.

The moonlight shone on the man’s beautiful, sharp features. Kevin found himself devouring the sight of the handsome man right in front of him, his long lashes down to his sharp nose and jaw line and finally down to his lips that were slightly apart from each other.

Kevin didn’t know what to feel. Kevin slowly crouched next to the handsome man as he listened to him breathing slowly, his eyes still on the man Kevin could not stop himself as God knows how much he misses the man in front of him. Kevin didn’t know what he was doing even as he leans in closer, pressing their foreheads together and brushing his nose against the other. His heart felt like it was about to explode as he eliminates the remaining space between their faces and kisses the sleeping man on the lips.

“Eli.” Kevin whispered as he brought his hand to traced Eli’s jaw line, their forehead still pressed together.

Eli’s eyes shot open as he saw the face of the pretty boy whom he misses so much just inches from his.

‘Did he just-‘ Eli pushed the thought of feeling something soft brushing against his lips because that wasn’t important. The fact that God has finally reunite them together made Eli’s heart flipped as he can’t help but smile.

“Kevin.” Eli gasped as he immediately sat up and pulled the thin boy into his embrace. His heart filled with happiness. Kevin wrapped his arms around Eli’s waist as he hugged him tighter, burying his face into Eli’s neck as a tear rolled down.

“I missed you.” Eli breathed. “So damn much, Kevin.”

______________________________________________

A/N: YAY. DOUBLE UPDATE! <3 might be updating another one or two chapter prolly tomorrow? IVE REPLIED TO COMMENTS DOWN BELOOOOOW. thnks guys! I LoveE YOU ALLLL~  <3 YES. being a silly U-KISS fangirl that i am, i made Kevin kissed Eli. :D im thinking of fluffffffffff~ but thats it. HAHA. AND, thnks alot for the comments and subs. they kindda keep me motivated to write more. YAY! LET'S SAY NO TO PROCRSTINATION.