Bookish friend

Inmate 457
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bang YongGuk

This week I made extra care to keep the book I was reading at hiding points of my room. I had a locker and put my book inside each time I wasn't reading it. I had no trouble and was really glad that I could return a totally perfect book to her. As always, the book she lennded me was good. Pride and Prejudice. It was funny. Mr Darcy and Jane really entertained me this week. I never thought I would enjoy Pride and Prejudice so much.

I finished the book and as I thought about HaSeul, I smiled. Today she was coming to visit me. She was indeed really nice to take time in her schedule to meet with me. As Daehyun made me sit in a room without any glass separating us, I looked at him confused. " You behaved well with her so the jail now trust you with her. She's a bit late you can sit down, I'll remove your handcuffs. "

He removed them and I soothed my wrists.

As I did that, I waited a bit. HaSeul was late. I waited ten minutes and sighed. She probably had something to do today. I waited a few more minutes and soon she opened the door. " Oh, sorry for making you wait. They had to make me sign  papers. "

She looked at me and hesitated. She was uncomfortable. Sat down like this,  I realized how tall she was at this moment, just a bit smaller than me. I showed to her  the chair in front of me and she came to sit really disturbed. Apparently, the set up wasn't to her liking. She looked at me and forced a smile. " It feel different to be able to see you without the thick glass. "

I gulped. " You're scared ? "

She blinked a bit and shook her head. "It just surprised me a bit. I mean, I wasn't expecting this. I know you're a great guy. "

I scoffed. "A great guy ?! Do you ever have an id-"  I stopped myself mid sentence. No I didn't want her to stop visiting me after knowing. I made fists out of my hands and got my chair a bit far from her.

HaSeul raised her eyes. " You're scared ? "

I didn't expect her to ask me this question. It surprised me yet I tried to give an honest answer to her. "I'm such a bad guy my own family don't visit. I'm scared one day you'll stop too but I know I shouldn't expect anything from you. "

Haseul smiled to me. " I trust my senses. It tell me you're a nice guy. "

I tried not to blush. She was too much. "HaSeul, you're really bad at reading people. "

She grinned. " Oh, nevermind. Yeah, so enjoyed the book of last week ? "

We talked about the book for a long moment, she nodded. " I'm glad my pick always suits you. You know you could ask me what do you want. "

" I love reading what you read. " I revealed to her. She nodded. " Even romantic book Pride and Prejudice ? "

" It's funny and witty ! "

She laughed. " It is. People always tell me I'm too romantic when they see my books but Pride and Prejudice is much more than romance to me. "

" It's really more than romance. " I chose my words wisely.

HaSeul nodded, lost in thoughts.. " My ex boyfriend found it really annoying. Told me he couldn't get it. "

It was the first time she talked about an ex boyfriend. Does it mean she was single ? I looked at her, a question burning my lips. " You must be popular right ? "

HaSeul looked at me as if I was crazy and stood up.  "  Guys don't really like giants. And I'm way too bland." I laughed. She could be intimidating I guess, for people smaller than her. But she was maybe too bullied on her height to try and discover new people.

"You're not a giant, HaSeul. Being tall is great. You should try and socialize more, I'm sure there's people ready to meet in the city !Take the lead. " I said as a wise person. She had a lot of chance to be outside of here. She could go and spend a night in a nightclub, in a bar or anywhere she wanted to.

She scoffed, not convinced. " Yeah I need to find will for that. "

" What about the people who come to the library ? They must like reading, right ? "

She nodded softly. " We mostly welcome students, old grannies coming to read mellow. Not young adults, university students goes to their university library usually. We're not really a reading nation after all, it's all about smartphone these days. It's really quiet despite being a huge library. "

I laughed. She kept talking about her  job, a dreamy smile on. She was for sure full of passion for her workplace. Gosh she was beautiful. She didn't even realize how much. I listened to her really captivated when she suddenly hided with her hand. " Gosh sorry I did that again, monopolizing the conversation. Oh. "

I shrugged. " I like listenning to you. You're my only contact with the outside world. You should keep me updated. "

"Next time I'll make a report to you okay ? All the things you should know. You know it embarass me a bit, we always end up talking about me. " She said really shy.

I shook my hands in front of her.  " I don't mind. Everyday looks the same here. I have pretty much nothing to tell you. "

" No gossip between prisonners ? " She said. I shook my head.

" No gang member roomate ? " I shook my head. She looked dumbfounded. " YongGuk then what do you do all day ? "

" I read. " I said without thinking about it.

" You read fast. What else do you do ? "

This subject made me uneasy. " We have sports day on saturday. Art lessons on wednesday. Calligraphy lessons on monday. "

She nodded slowly taking in the informations. HaSeul pou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter