Chapter Six

Allure of the City Lights

Chapter Six

“Outdoor Photo Shoot . . . You Again?!”- Portfolio Six

               “I’m not sure about this job, Aunt Rin,” Rae Mi said, leaning into the backseat as Youngbae drove them back to the apartment.

               “What do you mean? Cheol Yong personally chose you. Don’t doubt yourself,” said Chae Rin struggling to comfort her niece. There wasn’t much she could do though. Chae Rin always had difficulty expressing her emotions.

               “It’s only been a few days, though. Things don’t happen in a few days. I wasn’t expecting this,” she admitted. “What does everyone see in me anyway?”

               “Your parents—“

               “—aren’t me,” Rae Mi cut in. Her eyes flashed with a sad emotion as she stared out of the car window. She watched the billboards flash by wondering if she was really worthy of this job. There were other people out there hoping for this job—practicing in front of a mirror, keeping themselves in shape. She never worked for this. What did that say about her? “I don’t deserve any of this,” she whispered.

               Chae Rin and Youngbae exchanged a look of worry as Rae Mi’s expression only turned dimmer. The more she thought about it, the more undeserving she felt. What was she doing here? She didn’t belong. “I’m sorry for being a burden,” she apologized. Chae Rin swiveled her body to look through the front windshield. It seemed her niece had forgotten who had forced who to take this job. She had it the other way around.

               Youngbae opened her door, helping her out. Her eyes were droopy but still managed to maintain a small shimmer as she squinted her eyes towards the sun light. They were a few paces away from the shoot location, but she had insisted on walking the rest of the way. Chae Rin had parted ways with them, using a meeting as an excuse to leave. That left Youngbae to deal with the problem—as always. “Are you going to be all right today?”

               Rae Mi wordlessly left him, slightly nodding as she brushed shoulders with him. “Sorry you got stuck with me oppa. I’ll try to be as invisible as possible.” The words sounded condescending as they escaped . She never really meant them to be that way but she didn’t want to be labeled as a girl who got everything handed to her. Rae Mi kicked up a mixture of sand and pebbles that led to the beach.

               “You know we never thought of you as something that got dumped on us,” he said, walking back to the driver’s seat. Youngbae opened the driver’s door and paused again, thinking over his words. “They aren’t expecting you for another hour. Why don’t you clear your mind a little before you get there? We can drive around a little if you want?” he offered.

               “No thanks,” she denied. “Wouldn’t want to bug you anymore than I do,” she mumbled to herself, thinking he wouldn’t hear her words. Youngbae sighed and shut his door, walking closer until he was in front of her. He stared at her for a long minute, trying to find the right words. “Just go, Youngbae. Chae Rin’s waiting for you at her office, right?”

               “She’s not my main concern at the moment,” he chuckled. “I don’t want to leave you here by yourself if you’re thinking negatively. Did you forget it was Chae Rin who brought you into modeling? Although it’s her responsibility to take care of you, you know Chae Rin has difficulty expressing her emotions. You on the other hand, can’t keep your emotions hidden.” Youngbae grinned at Rae Mi’s confused expression.

               “I’m sorry. I just don’t feel like talking right now.”

               “It’s fine,” he replied. “I’m no good at these sentimental kinds of talk anyway. Chae Rin and I expect a lot from you, I guess our expectations are feeling a little heavy on your shoulders.” Rae Mi tightened her grip on her shoulder bag. Expectations—she hated the word. “I know—“

               “No, you don’t know,” Rae Mi cut in, frustrated by his words. She didn’t stop to figure out what he was trying to say and although she knew she was the one in the wrong, the adrenaline pumping through her veins didn’t allow her to stop while she was ahead.

               “Well, sorry I’m not adding up to your expectations. -out of my life Taeyang, you’re not my dad or my guardian. It’s no wonder why Aunt Rin doesn’t feel the same way about you. You’re too nosy for your own good,” she spat angrily. She spun on her heel and stalked off in the opposite direction, plopping down on the curb. Youngbae watched her with a disappointed expression. Rae Mi sure knew how to tug on someone’s heart strings. He had never pegged her as someone who would use such a talent without better understanding of the situation at hand.

               With that, he drove off. Youngbae checked the rear-view mirror every so often. She didn’t look like she was moving anytime soon. He slammed his foot against the brake pedal as another silhouette stepped onto the scene. He shifted the car gears to reverse but stopped midway when he realized the figure had taken a seat next to her. Neither moved, it just looked like they sat there. His cell phone vibrated in his pocket signaling a new message.

To: Youngbae

From: Rae Mi

Leave.

 

               “Harsh and cruel,” a voice drawled. “Did he mean that much to you if you just played his feelings like that? The guy looked heartbroken for heaven’s sake, no need to rub dirt on a wound.”

               “What?” asked Rae Mi in confusion. She looked around but only saw a pair of legs dangling from a tree. They rocked back and forth, blurring the gaping holes dotted along his too-long cargo pants. The man smirked, attempting to cover the smug look with his scarf before speaking again.

               “He must care about you for you to get away with saying that,” he rephrased, tapping his fingers against his cheek nonchalantly.

               “He’s a close family friend,” Rae Mi admitted, realizing the stranger had been implying a deeper relationship between them. Rae Mi shook her head, that position was reserved for an older, more deserving woman. “Who are you?” she asked, letting the words flow slowly from her lips.

               “No one special,” he said, hopping down from the tree. Now that she could see him clearly, she realized she was either talking to a homeless man or a man with simply a bad sense of fashion. There was something about him she couldn’t place. The way he held himself wasn’t the usual. After she snapped from her daze, she realized he was still in front of her. He was staring at her too, behind his dark shades. Then, he shrugged and began peeling an orange retrieved from his coat pocket. “Why are you out here?”

               “Work,” she answered immediately, deciding he wasn’t much of a threat. She slumped back into her dazed state and rested her chin atop her knees, contemplating her place. The homeless man stayed quiet for a few seconds, observing her and relentlessly popping orange slices into his mouth.

               “Why’d he drop you off in the middle of nowhere? The beach isn’t for another mile or so,” he wondered, leaning against the tree comfortably. He may have asked the question, but he already knew the answer—eavesdropping came in handy sometimes. Well, that and the fact that her crystal clear emotions flickering through her eyes made it too obvious. He frowned and prodded her with a new, unpeeled orange, only stopping when she slapped it away. It rolled onto the sandy road, resting in a small ditch.

               “I wanted to think,” Rae Mi sighed. He slinked into the empty space next to her and casually slipped another orange out of his pocket. Once he finished peeling it, he opened his mouth and tossed another piece inside. Despite the beach being rarely visited, there were an awful lot of cars coming in today. He wrinkled his nose in distaste, too much noise.

               “What kind of work?” he pried.

               “It’s none of your business.”

               “Do you feel safe with me?”

               “What’s with all the questions?” Rae Mi groaned, aggravated her peace had been disturbed. “Why—“ the man quickly stuffed a piece of fruit into her open mouth. She talked too much.

               “You must be pretty out of it if you’re willing to talk with me.” The nameless man took a seat next to her, now chewing happily on his fruit. “No one would waste their time on a lost cause. Aren’t you afraid I’ll jump you or something?” he asked quizzically, keeping his expression void of emotion. Although his facial expression held no feeling, there was a reason he never took his glasses off. Rae Mi blinked and looked down at the fruit. She took it out of to see if it was edible then put it back in. Sweet.

               “No one’s a lost cause. Besides, if you wanted to jump me this was your chance. Youngbae’s already gone.”

               “Actually, he’s still over there,” he corrected. “He’s probably debating on whether to come back or not.” He pointed towards the car now set in reverse and heading towards them both. Rae Mi ripped out her cell phone and quickly texted a message to him. “What’d you tell him?”

               “To leave,” she sighed. “He won’t be mad.” The man discreetly slipped an orange piece into her hand and watched in amusement as she put it into , not bothering to check if they were tainted. He assumed she liked oranges. He reached into his pocket for another orange, but realized he’d fed her most of them.

               “But he will be disappointed,” he added. “If he’s as close as you say he is, pushing him away like that isn’t good. I think you owe him an apology. Saying something like that was pretty heartless. You should talk to him.”

               “He was prying into my personal life. He deserved to feel uncomfortable. I can’t talk to him right now. I’m not exactly in the best mood to sit down and talk.” She wouldn’t admit it out loud, but his words held truth in them, more than hers had to offer anyway.

               “You’re talking to me aren’t you?” A small smirk peeked out from under his scarf and disappeared before she could blink to make sure it was real. “Tell you what, you go to work and we’ll talk some more after.” Rae Mi cocked her head to the side in thought, to preoccupied on what to say next to notice the man dropping oranges into her purse. He lifted his jacket and opened the inside, reversing the inner pocket. Empty. He frowned. Out of oranges already?

               “What makes you think I want to talk to you again?”

               “Just a gut feeling,” he said truthfully, shrugging his shoulders. “Well, I’m off. Out of oranges,” he explained. “I’ll see you around, orange-girl.”

               Rae Mi watched him walk off, waving as he did. The wind picked up as he walked away, sending the tail of his coat up. Rae Mi blushed an unconventional pink as she caught a sneak peek of his underwear—Armani branded. He must’ve been some rich bastard who lost his money to drugs and alcohol. Her eyebrows furrowed in thought. Did he call her orange-girl? She thought back to their conversation and blushed, slapping a hand to her forehead. She basically ate through his supply of them.

               “What are you doing over here? Isn’t the photo shoot over there?”

               Rae Mi looked away from the strange man’s retreating figure and forced her attention on the male appearing next to her. He dressed casually, looking nothing like the person she expected him to be. Music drowned out the silence, blasting from the white headphones around his neck. His fingers deftly lowered the stylish sunglasses covering his eyes. He smiled coyly, keeping his gaze fixated on her look of annoyance. He made a mental note to ask why later.

               “So we meet again, mysterious number 37. I don’t think I got to formally introduce myself. Park Yoochun or tea-stained-hoodie-man, whichever you prefer,” he said, sticking his hand out. Rae Mi blushed scarlet and shook it hesitantly. “If you’re here for the shoot with Cheol Yong, I’m heading in the same direction. Let’s go together and maybe you can tell me how you’ve been since the auditions?”

               “I haven’t been to another audition. How did that go by the way? My aunt said the CF would premiere next week. Congratulations,” she said, trying to contain the conflicting emotions she was feeling from her last conversation. Her words were forced, Yoochun could tell. She was trying not to be rude. Recently, he had been more apt to noticing the little things about a person. He had his girlfriend to thank for that. He sighed blissfully remembering the time they’d spent together.

               “You know,” he began, “if you’re trying to be nice, you shouldn’t make your emotions too obvious.” Rae Mi cursed under her breath. Everyone kept telling her the same thing! She didn’t even realize she was so see-through. “And now you look upset . . . “

               “How did you even—“

               “Your eyes,” Yoochun pointed out, staring straight into her irises. He grinned once they clouded over with confusion. “Too obvious,” he added smugly. The two models continued down the path silently, shooting each other fleeting glances every so often. “It’s not necessarily a bad thing though,” Yoochun said, face scrunching up in concentration. “I wish I could portray my emotions like that. Imagine all the possibilities on a photo shoot!” he exclaimed excitedly, throwing his hands into the air.

               Rae Mi coughed to cover up her chuckle. And everyone called him the Romantic Prince, she scoffed. Yoochun hooted a few more times and smiled so wide Rae Mi thought his mouth would split down the center. The title of The Perfect Actor suited him better. He seemed carefree when he kept to himself, but on the set of a photo shoot he just looked forced.

               “I guess I labeled you too quickly,” Rae Mi murmured. “You’re not that bad.” Yoochun smiled and inched closer to her as they walked, unleashing a grin that would put the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland to shame.

               “Does that mean you’re falling for me already?” Rae Mi huffed. As the happiness was doused from her eyes, Yoochun hung his head in shame. Was it too soon to joke around with her?

               “I think it’s the other way around, Park Yoochun. Aren’t you the one shamelessly flirting with me?” Rae Mi retorted, joking along with him. His back straightened, the smile finding it’s way back to his face. Rae Mi turned away when she felt heat creeping up to her cheeks. Aish . . . this happened too frequently. She’d have to find a better way to disguise her emotions better because Yoochun teasingly pointed to her eyes.

               “Embarrassed I caught you, huh?” he cooed, quickening his pace. Rae Mi rolled her eyes, but couldn’t stop smiling. “I knew that was the answer your eyes say it all!”

               “Sorry to disappoint you, Yoochun,” Rae Mi shrugged, “but blushing’s just a natural think for me. Don’t flatter yourself.” He slowed the pace again as the photo shoot set came into view.

               “Yeah, it would’ve never worked out between us anyway,” he scoffed jokingly. “Besides, I’m already taken.” At this new information, Rae Mi’s jaw dropped. What the . . . ?! But the magazines—Yoochun shut her jaw, lifting the appendage with a single finger.

               “My private life is just that, private,” he said firmly, his expression growing serious. “We’re not exactly ‘together’, but we will be after she gets back from rehabilitation.” Rae Mi’s eyes dilated. Yoochun shook his hands. “Don’t misunderstand. It’s just that she became addicted to morphine during her stay at the hospital. I guess the doctors gave her too much. I always knew drugs were no good for you.” He good-naturedly shrugged his shoulders and ushered her onto the set once they finally set foot on the reserved grounds.

               “Are you . . . happy with her?” Rae Mi hesitantly asked before he left to change into their promotional attire. Stylists were already ushering Yoochun into a tent with his name stitched onto the entrance flap. Yoochun paused, then lifted his headphones away from his neck. He smiled softly while looking at them.

               “The happiest I’ve been in a long time,” he concluded, ignoring the stylists’ urgent shouts. He glanced at his cell phone calmly to check the time—11:59. As the time changed to noon, his phone rang as if on cue. He answered it giddily, with a proud smile etched on his lips. “Yeoboseyo?”

               “Park Yoochun,” a sultry voice spoke lowly. “Did you steal my head phones again?!” asked an angry voice. Yoochun winced and pulled the phone off his ear for a moment before pushing it closer again. “How am I supposed to listen to music now?” the voice whined. Yoochun chuckled, walking away from the stylists and Rae Mi to talk in private.

               “I just wanted to be closer to you,” was his cheesy reply. “Besides, when I visit tomorrow I’ll give them back.” Cheol Yong brushed past him, abruptly stopping with a confused look on his face as he caught little snippets of Yoochun’s conversation.

He shook his head and whirled around the set, eyes widening when he caught sight of Rae Mi awkwardly wandering around, trying not to get in anyone’s way. He made a beeline towards her. Waving haphazardly, he accidently struck an intern with a load of paper work in his hands. The paper flew from his grasp and scattered across the sand, but Cheol Yong had failed to notice. Instead, he had taken to striking cute poses to catch the young model’s attention.

               “You’re here!” he called out in a sing-song voice. “I knew you wouldn’t let me down.” His familiar camera bobbed up and down around his neck as he spoke, trying to explain the whole concept in a nutshell. Most of it was a blur to Rae M, but she nodded along. “Now that you understand, I’m sending you off to get ready.” Stylists yanked Rae Mi halfway across the set when he suddenly jumped up. “Ah . . . I forgot to tell her about my surprise,” he said dejectedly.

               Rae Mi cautiously snuck away from the stylists’ tent and planted herself between the woman’s bathroom and a bed of trees behind it. There was no way in hell she was going to model with Park Yoochun in a bikini. Hell no. She heard pants coming towards herr hiding spot and buried herself deeper into the tiny space. “Where did she go?!”

               “I told you that bikini was horrendous. It’s no wonder she ran away,” the stylists paused. “I would’ve ran away!” she added. “Now we have to find her. Bali, before Cheol Yong asks for her.”

               Rae Mi slumped against the bathroom’s brick walls and heaved a sigh as she slid down to sit on the ground. She was safe . . . for now. Once the voices faded into the distance, Rae Mi stealthily peeked out of her place and began to make a run for the stylists’ tent to retrieve her cell phone. If she could call someone to pick her up, she might be able to leave with her dignity intact. The plan went perfectly in her mind, but before she could execute it, a beefy hand shot out from behind her and grabbed her arm.

               “Fans these days will do anything to see their idols. I’m afraid this is a restricted site, though. Only visitors with a pass or employees can get through. You probably heard Yoochun was doing a shoot here. I’m sorry, you’re just going to have to wait here with everyone else,” assured a husky voice.

               Before Rae Mi could say anything, she was hoisted over a yellow police line surrounding the perimeter of the beach by a security guard. He smiled cockily and stepped down from the boardwalk, satisfied with his catch—probably the only sort of action he had today. At least she was out of there, she thought. She made a move to stand up, but couldn’t due to the mass of people crowding behind her. They pushed and shoved each other, no safety measures were assured in the restless crowd. Posters, pins, and gifts were in hand as obvious fans pounded along the beach’s boardwalk to catch a glimpse of the models.

               “Ah, tough luck, you got caught. Did you at least get to catch a peek of Yoochun’s body while he was changing? I heard Yoochun likes to greet the fans before modeling. Do you think we’ll stand out?” Rae Mi squinted at the fan girls firing questions at her, trying her best to give them the answers they wanted. They finally made room for her to stand upright when all hell broke loose among the crowd. “There he is!”

               Rae Mi clasped her hands over her ears and pushed her way through the crowd of screaming fans. Unfortunately, the boardwalk seemed to go on endlessly. There was no escaping from the mass of people. She spotted a tall boy overlooking the crowd atop a stable bench. He hung his head in frustration and jumped a few inches off the bench when a girl brushed against his leg. He looked just as lost as she was at the moment. She politely tried to maneuver her way through the people. It earned her a few glares, but it was well worth the effort.

               She heaved herself onto the bench and smiled in triumph. The boy glanced at her once, shifting farther away from her before doing a double-take. He crinkled his nose in confusion and deftly lifted his sunglasses to catch a better look at her. He grinned slightly in recognition. She was here, just like Cheol Yong promised.

               “This is impossible. How do I get out of here?” she mumbled, standing on her tippy toes to peer around the vicinity. She waddled in a circle and continued to search for an exit to no avail. “I’ll call Yoochun!” The boy next to her suddenly frowned, crossing his arms. “No, wait, I forgot to ask for his number,” she said glumly. She patted her pocket. “And it seems I don’t have my cell phone either . . . “ Rae Mi sank down onto the seat, sitting crisscross. “Now what?”

               “I could call someone to get us both out of here,” the boy requested, smiling down at her. Inside, he was cursing at himself for not coming up with the idea himself. He was too consumed by the fact he was in the middle of a crowd of girls. Rae Mi bolted back into a standing position. “Or we could run past security,” he added after a second’s thought.

               “That’d be—“ Rae Mi squinted up at his figure, her mind coming to a vague memory. “Junsu-sshi?!” In a flash of limbs, he’d flung himself over the board walk railings, landing perfectly in the sand below. He gestured for her to do the same. Rae Mi shook her head, pointing at the security guard who brought her here in the first place. “We’ll get caught.”

               “Only if we don’t run fast enough,” he said, extending his arms out. They were shaking a bit, but he disregarded the feeling of dread aching in his bones. “I’ll even catch you.” Rae Mi rose an eyebrow. When did he get so bold? She blinked at the distance, then stepped back unsure.

               “I thought you had a phobia!” she yelled back at him. Junsu gazed at his hands and clenched them into fists.

               “I do, but it would help if you’d cooperate with me.” Junsu pulled his arms back to his sides and ran his fingers through his hair in exasperation. Even if he wanted to act like a man, his phobia just kept rearing its ugly head. “Just, come down so we can get to the photo shoot in time.” Rae Mi sighed and hurled herself off the boardwalk, landing on her knees next to where he was standing. She dusted her shorts off and looked and him curiously.

               “You’re in it too?” Junsu nodded, beginning to walk towards the photo shoot location. He kept a considerable distance between them, glancing at the empty space every so often and wishing he could close the distance.

               “It was a split second choice,” he answered. They stuck to the shadows, which seemed to work for the time being, or at least until some sharp eyed fans began noticing. They leaned over the railings and pointed shamelessly.

               “You’re not allowed down there!” One yelled out, jealous she hadn’t thought of the idea herself. “Security! There are some suspicious people trying to sneak onto the set!” Rae Mi watched in amusement as the security guard began yelling out in frustration. He started sprinting towards them, hollering. Junsu bent down to untie his sneakers, slipping them off with his socks and suggesting she do the same.

               “It’s easier to run,” he said, bolting ahead of her. Rae Mi struggled to keep up with his lightning pace. When Junsu noticed she was lagging behind, he swallowed a deep breath of air and reached out for her dangling hand, tugging her along. He glanced back at her once, and then turned forward, letting a ghost of a smile creep onto his face. The angry guard could only shout curses at them. On the boardwalk, dozens of people had stopped to watch, some even cheering the duo on. They gasped in unison as he caught hold of Rae Mi’s blouse, tugging her backward.

               Junsu staggered back as well, falling next to her. Rae Mi crouched onto the ground, bending over to cover her exposed body. The force of the pull had caused her shirt to rip, exposing her as she tried to cover herself. The security guard held no sympathy as he threw her blouse into the ocean. He gritted his teeth, a scowl forming on his face. “I thought I told you only authorized personnel are allowed on set!” He grasped her arm, pulling it away from her chest area.

               “Stop, wait!” she whimpered, clutching onto her exposed frame. He only tugged on her arm harder. Junsu breathed hard, but stood up. He glowered at the security guard forcing himself on Rae Mi. He wanted to protect her, but no words could leave his mouth. His jaw trembled, but just remained ajar without a sound. Rae Mi looked at him pleadingly, eyes filled with embarrassment.

               “Hey,” sand swirled up where someone had stepped. “What the hell are you doing to Cheol Yong’s models?!” Rae Mi peered between her bangs to catch a glimpse of Yoochun who had a tight grip on the security guard’s hand. “He won’t appreciate it, I can tell you that,” he growled. He stepped away from the guard and took a threatening step towards the head photographer. “But I can’t know for sure. Why don’t we find out?”

               “W-wait!” The security guard strode next to Yoochun, arguing with him, but the latter wasn’t having any of it. Junsu found the will to stand and gazed sadly at Rae Mi. He should’ve been the one to rescue her. He would’ve been the one to rescue her if not for that damn fear of his. He looked down at his palms in shame and hesitated for a brief moment, before taking a step closer to Rae Mi’s hunched figure.

               “Rae Mi, I—“ he bit the inside of his cheek. “—I’m so sorry. I should’ve said something. It’s just that . . . “ He glanced at her bare frame, then her toned stomach. “I-I . . . “ he stuttered. He shut his eyes tightly and pulled his white button down off his shoulders, revealing his wife beater. In a of courage he wrapped his shirt around her bare shoulders and pulled it closed. “Sorry,” he whispered, hands tightening around the shirt opening and brushing against her hair.

               “It’s alright, Junsu-oppa,” she whispered back, slinging her arms through the sleeves. She slowly moved her hands to rest on top of his. “It’s okay now,” she assured him. Junsu lifted his face, meeting her eyes. Forgiveness radiated through her irises. That alone was enough. He smiled softly at the endearing term. Oppa—no girl—nonetheless someone as beautiful as Rae Mi—had ever called him that.

               “That was one of my more exciting mornings. I’ve never had to run from security before,” he admitted. He stepped away from her when he noticed their proximity and kicked the sand at his feet. He kept his gaze off her, flickering anywhere to slow his pounding heartbeat.

               “I wouldn’t have guessed,” Rae Mi joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere. Junsu smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. The adrenaline that fueled his boldness today was burnt out. He couldn’t think of something witty to say to that. “Why did you suddenly get shy again?” Rae Mi asked, poking his stomach. He merely grinned and shuffled his feet. “If my gender bothers you that much, you should just pretend I’m a guy,” she suggested. “I’ll even act the part.” Rae Mi hunched her shoulders back and beat a fist against her chest. “Wassup?”

               Her voice accidentally cracked during the change in tone—she looked away. It was her turn to be embarrassed. Junsu laughed hard, clutching his abdomen to steady his breaths. Rae Mi sighed contently, at least she broke through to him. “Rae Mi, the stylist noonas want to give you clothes for the shoot. We’re running a bit behind schedule,” Yoochun spoke, returning back from his talk with Cheol Yong. He tapped his watch and gestured towards the tent. “They promised you won’t have to wear anything you don’t want. But rest assured,” he nudged Junsu’s side with his elbow. “We would’ve loved to see you in a bikini.”

               Yoochun shamelessly wrapped an arm around Junsu’s shoulder just as the latter turned his head away to hide the blush accumulating on his cheeks. Yoochun smirked and teased the boy, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. Junsu couldn’t look him in the yes and bashfully continued to shuffle his feet again. “I guess you really are girl shy,” Yoochun observed, calculating the model’s profile. “Male models shouldn’t be afraid of females. Didn’t you know joint shoots bring in the most money?” Rae Mi sunk her elbow into his stomach, giving him a hard glare.

               “Park Yoochun,” she began, “not all men are like you. See Junsu, it’s not women you should be afraid of.” Rae Mi accusingly pointed at Yoochun’s face. Yoochun looked at her finger cross-eyed, only emphasizing her point further. “It’s weird men—like this one—you should be wary of. He’s a bad influence. It baffles me as to how his girlfriend puts up with him.” Rae Mi stalked away before Yoochun could retort, leaving him mumbling to himself.

               “Aish, that girl,” Yoochun grumbled, pulling his arm off Junsu’s shoulders. “One minute she’s moping, the next she’s cracking jokes. What do you think of her, Junsu?” Yoochun glanced at the more experienced model, holding his breath as Junsu looked at him with charismatic eyes. They overshadowed the shy look he’d had earlier. He brushed his hair back in annoyance and looked to Rae Mi entering a tent.

               “I’m not sure yet,” he replied monotonously. He walked off to another tent, leaving Yoochun to his thoughts. The man glanced between both tents, lifting his finger to point between them. He brushed his tongue over his lips. Interesting. Before he could think anymore about them, his fans caught his attention, chanting his name with vigor. He waved back, smiling the whole time. His last thought on the matter lingered. It was a shame Cheol Yong hadn’t caught the moment on film.

               Yoochun was wrong though. Lying beneath a tent flap was the enthusiastic photographer, smirking to himself as he flickered through his last set of pictures. Junsu and Rae Mi . . . they made an interesting pair, he thought, noting the fact to memory. Interesting indeed . . .

Hello, everyone! I don't think I've formally written one of these yet but this one is called for. I want to apologize for the lack of updates, the reason being school work (of course). Science fair, AP Exams, and Badminton are over so I can dedicate all my time to writing. Most importantly:

Thank you to everyone who stood by this story despite the wait. I really appreciate the support. -Bows-

Comments & Questions = <3