Chuseok

The Secrets We Keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Sana got a hold of Dahyun’s number, they’d been texting each other nonstop. When she would wake up, Sana would send a good morning text, and before she goes to sleep, Dahyun would be the last thing she thinks about. On days when Sana had classes, Dahyun would walk her to school as well as walk her back to her dorm. This sort of behavior was caught on by the group quite fast as Dahyun rarely went above and beyond unless chocolate was involved. Often times, they would tease the two on their closeness, but since Sana had become quite close to the rest of them as well, Dahyun didn’t find it odd at all that Sana would be clingy to her. 


On Chuseok, a three-day holiday in Korea, schools were suspended for the festivities. Most of the group went home to spend time with their families. Since the Japanese friends couldn’t exactly fly to Japan, the three of them stayed in Korea. While Momo and Sana stayed in the dorms, Mina was invited by Chaeyoung to go with her to meet her parents. Although, they were still quite adamant about introducing Mina as her girlfriend, therefore they spent the holidays as friends to the eyes of Chaeng’s parents. 


The whole time they were apart, Sana never left her dorms. She had no responsibilities to take care of and could rarely hang out with Momo who practiced dancing even on her days off. Out of loneliness, Sana repeatedly called Dahyun.


“Where are you right now?” Dahyun asked through the phone.


“In my room, where else?”


“Again? Yah, you need to get out of there. You’re going to stink up the whole place.”


“What do you mean? I don’t stink! You should know.”


Dahyun laughed, “How should I know?”


“You sniff me all the time. Don’t lie, I can tell whenever you hug me.” The Japanese giggled as she fiddled with the little hamster stuffed animal Dahyun won for her at the arcade. She said it resembled Sana, and the thought made the older one smile with glee.


“Don’t you mean when you hug me? Stop twisting your words.”


Sana couldn’t stop smiling, she must’ve looked like a fool because she felt like she was the only one making a big deal out of their late-night phone calls. The Japanese hadn’t felt that way for a while and the thought that all her feelings would end in a pit of despair scared her. She wasn’t quite ready to admit to dubu how deeply she adores her, therefore the Japanese continued her flirtatious facade as to not arouse suspicion.


“Don’t pretend like you don’t like my hugs,” Sana teased. “You secretly love it.”


“Joke’s on you, I wasn’t even pretending in the first place.”


At this, the older one became at a loss for words. What was Dahyun trying to imply, she thought. Maybe, just maybe, Sana hoped that Dahyun had even the slightest feelings for her. “That’s because you’re terrible at hiding your true feelings for me,” she managed to say after a few seconds. She gave a small laugh to avoid evoking a serious tone on her voice, when in fact she was trying to get something out of the little tofu, something that can confirm her assumption of the slightest romantic feeling the younger one might have for her. 


But Dahyun only laughed and ended up changing the subject to the rest of the group, wondering how they were spending the holiday. The steer of the conversation disappointed Sana.


”Mina and Chaeyoung are probably getting it on right about now,” Dahyun mentioned. “Those two are so inseparable, it’s gross.”


“I’m a little envious of them. I wish I have someone to hold hands with on a cold night.”


“I’m sure you’ll find someone out there that you can go on dates with in the middle of the night,” dubu commented which only made the older one feel melancholy. It pained her heart that Dahyun couldn’t realize that it was her Sana wanted to spend late-night walks with, to call at 5am because she was hungry, to grab her hand and put it in her pocket on a cold winter day, to gaze at the night sky and point out the beauty of the moon. 


Meanwhile, Dahyun kept teasing her to leave her room. “So when are you going to go out and do something more fun than staying cooped up in your dorm?”


“If you come here, I just might leave the room,” Sana replied.


Dubu was quiet for a moment before she spoke again, “My family is going to visit some relatives later so I can get back before the last day of Chuseok. I’ll drag you out of your shell then.”


“I can’t wait,” and Sana indeed couldn’t wait. The awaited day of Dahyun’s arrival was 2 days away, and there was no way she could sit still for those two days anticipating her return and to be able to spend time with her. Just the thought of being able to see that pale-skinned goof was enough to make her nights sleepless until the awaited day came.

 

 

~
The Japanese beauty stood in front of her mirror debating whether or not she should tie her hair back. After about 15 minutes of going back and forth, she finally decided to just let it down loose. She wore her flower-dotted dress that fell just enough to cover half of her thighs. Normally, Sana would pair her outfit with a light shade of lipstick, but she decided against it this time. 


To finish it off, she applied her favorite perfume, Prada’s Candy Kiss, lightly on her neck. The soft orange blossom scent was refreshing for the autumn season, it became her go-to perfume whenever she dressed up. 


Checking the time, Sana slung her purse over her shoulder and headed out to pick Dahyun up at the train station. 

 

 


~
As Sana stood just outside the station, all eyes couldn’t resist staring at the beauty who smiled brightly at the thought of seeing Dahyun again. It hadn’t been 4 days since they last saw each other, but to Sana it felt longer. The days without her felt agonizing as the tofu was the only thing she could ever think about. The surrounding eyes were unnoticed by the Japanese as she eyed the entrance of the station impatiently waiting for Dahyun’s beautiful figure to come into view.


It seemed so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter